Princess Marie of Denmark Visits Morocco: November 10-11, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is actually not correct. I think announcing the pregnancy on the same day as Marie's first solo engagement and visit abroad is a clever PR move (and no coincidence) but the DRF does not usually announce pregnancies before significant events.

Mary's first pregnancy was announced on 25th April 2005 (the same day as Mette-Marits), shortly after F&M's visit to Thailand and Japan (their visit to Greenland was in 2004, shortly after the wedding) and 1 and half a week before their next engagement in Denmark.
The second pregnancy was announced on 26th October 2006. Mary opened a conference that day, the day before there was a gala dinner for members of parliament and the day after a concert to celebrate DRC's 50th anniversary - all actually quite the regular royal engagements and not particularly significant.(all infos taken from the couple's website :))

I liked Marie's outfit at arrival, except for the bag and shoes, they didn't seem to fit with the rest.

excuse me, i was actually thinking of the visit to the faroe islands, rather than the greenland one - slight slip with the danish territories! if i'm not mistaken christian's pregnancy was announced just before it (with letizia's).

the pictures in the ambassy are nice - marie seems to be enjoying her new role and looks happy and smiley. :rolleyes: the purple outfit is lovely and seems to suit her perfectly - maybe she got an assistant or some help from mary's? both outfits were perfect.

there were two ladies with her at the arrival (picture). maybe one of them is the LIW?

Article and photo from Maghreb Arabe Presse

Maghreb Arabe Presse: SAR la Princesse Lalla Meryem et SAR la princesse Marie du Danemark visitent "La Maison d'enfants d'Akkari"

The article mention that this charity donation is in the framework of the Danish support to Morocco for it´s efforts againts the poverty , for promote the childhood and it´s support to the orphaned.

Princess Marie says in a meeting with the press that, she hopes that this Lego toys help the children to develope their abilities, capacities, helping them to fit into the society and to respect to others.
Also Princess Marie congratulate for the bows of friendship that join to Denmark and Morocco and that this good relations are strengthening to the service and interests of both countries

As you know Marie visited inthe morning the Andalusian Gardens and it´s museum where jewels of the prehistory, period previous to the Islam and to the Islamic age, are exposed. Marie has expressed her great admiration for the exposed jewels and she congratulate to the persons that promote the Richness and Diversity of the Islamic Culture and civilization.

Last edited:
Ps. Marie is very amiable, looks young and sweet and natural. We all wish her, of course, the very best.

(but, please, when I see her, cannot help having some pity for Alexandra, the first wife).

Sorry.

Ps. Marie is very amiable, looks young and sweet and natural. We all wish her, of course, the very best.

I agree :flowers:

(but, please, when I see her, cannot help having some pity for Alexandra, the first wife).

No need to. According to what is written about The Countess in different papers and magazines, it seem she has a very happy and good life. And it's the life she chose herselfe.

Article and photo from Maghreb Arabe Presse

Maghreb Arabe Presse: SAR la Princesse Lalla Meryem et SAR la princesse Marie du Danemark visitent "La Maison d'enfants d'Akkari"

The article mention that this charity donation is in the framework of the Danish support to Morocco for it´s efforts againts the poverty , for promote the childhood and it´s support to the orphaned.

Princess Marie says in a meeting with the press that, she hopes that this Lego toys help the children to develope their abilities, capacities, helping them to fit into the society and to respect to others.
Also Princess Marie congratulate for the bows of friendship that join to Denmark and Morocco and that this good relations are strengthening to the service and interests of both countries

As you know Marie visited inthe morning the Andalusian Gardens and it´s museum where jewels of the prehistory, period previous to the Islam and to the Islamic age, are exposed. Marie has expressed her great admiration for the exposed jewels and she congratulate to the persons that promote the Richness and Diversity of the Islamic Culture and civilization.

Thank you for this article, Paty. I have really enjoyed seeing the photos of Princess Marie during this trip. She seems very sweet and caring. I am excited for her. This first trip has been very nice, and I am looking forward to seeing more of Marie in the princess role.

I think she looked very nice for her first solo visit. I find it interesting that her first solo visit was out of Denmark. That says a lot to me as to how well Marie appears to be fitting in to the family and her new country.

Does anyone know if Marie's LIW accompanied her to Morocco?

the andalusian garden is such a lovely place! marie must have really enjoyed it.

I guess she's not comfortable yet with the danish language because she spoke only in english with the danish medias that followed her during this trip!

Anyway I appreciate the fact she did not want to talk about her pregnancy and only talked about the aims of her trip here in Marroco!
She's a lovely princess! She has a lot to learn but I guess she will be a good princess for Denmark!

she was very nice, during, her visit, so simple and incredibly comfortable for a first alone activity
about her look, she was nice, especially with her black suit
about lalla meriem even she got some weight, she stay the most lovely princess of morrocco, and as always elegant and with good taste

thank you all for the pictures and links.
I really enjoy the arrival pics very lovely.
Lalla Meryem got alot of wheight but still look great,and elegant.
Marie was good for her first solo activitienI watch her speaking to the moroccan press on TV and she was great,very professional and confident,I like most of her clothes.:)

Princesses Lalla Meryem, Marie of Denmark visit children's foster home in Rabat
Rabat, 11 Nov. 2008 (MAP) - Princess Lalla Meryem, sister of King Mohammed VI of Morocco, and Princess Marie of Denmark, visited on Tuesday the children's foster home "Dar Al Atfal Akkari" in Rabat.....MAP

Many thanks for all the picture postings.
In the video I think Marie did very well, and acted in a professional manner. So far so good, and Marie bringing up education is also a plus.
I like most of her clothing, although she does wear her clothes rather too tight for me.
Her next big trip will be to Russia with Joachim....although I don't know the reason for this trip

My gosh, the first view in the video, the camera is looking at Marie's stomach! She handled the reporter's questions very well - baptism by fire.
The purple top sure looked comfortable and very nice.
However, Marie needs to invest in some well-tailored professional looking pantsuits (matching jacket and trousers) as she seems to favor pants rather than skirts for her professional duties.
The jacket/pants/top emsemble on this trip was very inappropriate and her Dior purse looked cumbersome.

I loved seeing the photos of Marie at the school. She really seems to like children. I thought the photos were very sweet.

Yes, I thought that that was good to, HM. Also good that she says that they can talk about it "back in Denmark" - she doesnt shut them down completely.
Nicely handled.

I loved seeing the photos of Marie at the school. She really seems to like children. I thought the photos were very sweet.
Me too ... I think she will be a great mother ....:flowers::)

As her first solo engagement, i can imagine that Marie may have been a little nervous? I am impressed with how she looks now, a bit more confident i think.

another video of princess marie,I am very impress by her calm, and her way to be is very elegant
lalla meryem is absolutely wonderful and so warm with her guest
:: 2M.tv :: VIDEO : :

on the video they say that she will go to fez

I'm not a mind reader or anything, but I think, she thinks she looks great and the truth is that she doesn't. Those black stockings are ok, but for night issues, the A shalped skirt and the baggy blouse don't match well.You can see her hair has two different colors in the hola! galleries, the suit is ok, if you are an accountant.

She has the poise, but not the style. I liked to see that she has done something with her hair, besides brushing it. Really, a stylist is urgent.

On the bright side I love seeing her flying solo!

another video of princess marie,I am very impress by her calm, and her way to be is very elegant
lalla meryem is absolutely wonderful and so warm with her guest
:: 2M.tv :: VIDEO : :

on the video they say that she will go to fez

yes, absolutely, princess Marie did her first solo engagement, with a lot of elegance and calm, me too I was impress
about lalla meryem, she is really a great lady, her class, her refinement, she can wore what she wants, she is wonderful :flowers:

She has the poise, but not the style. I liked to see that she has done something with her hair, besides brushing it. Really, a stylist is urgent.

of course she has a style, rather masculine and sober without frills (rather Yves Saint Laurent style),
she loves wearing jackets with pants or skirts, rather than dresses... she's simple and beautiful without tra la la :flowers:

of course she has a style, rather masculine and sober without frills (rather Yves Saint Laurent style),
she loves wearing jackets with pants or skirts, rather than dresses... she's simple and beautiful without tra la la :flowers:

I think that it's too soon to say that she has a style, with time we will see, if she stay to dress in this way, but for the moment, I have to say that I like her way to dress, simple with good taste:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom