Princess Marie of Denmark Visits Morocco: November 10-11, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Jess Rulz! The photo wasn't appearing earlier. Lalla Miriam and Marie both look lovely. It is kind of funny that they are both wearing the same color.

Thanks to both Mademoiselle Lilo and JessRulz.

And yes it is quit funny they are wearing the same colours.

I do sort of admire Marie for making her first solo official event on a semi-official visit to a foreign country.......

She has got guts!

Its great to see Marie doing a duty overseas. I had to go back and read what time she was due to arrive, as it is summer here and for it to be that dark it would have to be late at night... LOL
Princess Marie looks great (I'm not talking about her clothes here, but her), hope its a good omen for the next day (& the rest of the pregnancy of course)

The DRF seem to announce the pregnancies before significant events - remember Mary's was announced before a gala dinner once?

The DRF seem to announce the pregnancies before significant events - remember Mary's was announced before a gala dinner once?

yes, wasn't the first pregnancy announced before their trip to greenland? i think the second one was before a regular official event though.

i'm glad to see marie. she looks perfect, i hope we get more pictures soon. lalla meryem looks quite tired/sad though.

Thanks girls for the pic . the two princesses looks great ! they remember me of princess Maxima and princess Matild waswearing the same style and colore of clothes last year !!!
congaratulations Maria you did it !!!!

I wish the princess lots of luck on her first trip alone, how Scary. No matter how confindent you are it would still be over the top on your nerves!!! I'm looking foward to seeing lots of beautiful pictures!!

I wish the princess lots of luck on her first trip alone, how Scary. No matter how confindent you are it would still be over the top on your nerves!!! I'm looking foward to seeing lots of beautiful pictures!!

I am sure that Lalla Meryem will do everything she can to make Marie feel welcome and relaxed. It also helps that the two princesses will be able to speak French with each other. I am very happy for Denmark and Morocco. This is a great opportunity for these countries to strengthen their friendship.

sgl, the Billed-Bladet article mentions everything we know already: Marie arrived in Rabat and was greeted by Lalla Meriam, who congratulated her on her pregnancy. Marie is the person who will be most-talked about today (or yesterday..) because of the pregnancy news. And then in the last paragraph it just says what the Princess will be doing tomorrow - visit to Andalusian Garden, and then handing out the Lego packs.

marie looked great! very appropriate and professional outfit. i can't wait to see her today.

yes, wasn't the first pregnancy announced before their trip to greenland? i think the second one was before a regular official event though.

Mary's second pregnancy was announced the day after a government or diplomatic white tie banquet held at Christiansborg Palace...:)

great photos thank you all:flowers:
i saw the arrival on TV yesterday:)
i like Marie coat very elegant,Lalla Meryem do look tired:ermm:

carlota
yes, wasn't the first pregnancy announced before their trip to greenland?
This is actually not correct. I think announcing the pregnancy on the same day as Marie's first solo engagement and visit abroad is a clever PR move (and no coincidence) but the DRF does not usually announce pregnancies before significant events.

Mary's first pregnancy was announced on 25th April 2005 (the same day as Mette-Marits), shortly after F&M's visit to Thailand and Japan (their visit to Greenland was in 2004, shortly after the wedding) and 1 and half a week before their next engagement in Denmark.
The second pregnancy was announced on 26th October 2006. Mary opened a conference that day, the day before there was a gala dinner for members of parliament and the day after a concert to celebrate DRC's 50th anniversary - all actually quite the regular royal engagements and not particularly significant.(all infos taken from the couple's website :))

I liked Marie's outfit at arrival, except for the bag and shoes, they didn't seem to fit with the rest.

Princess Marie was very well dress at the arrival, exactly what suit, she seems very young and she has an elegant way to be
lalla meriem is beautiful and as always classy

i just came to watch news on moroccan channel,Princess Marie already hand out the Lego packs,Lalla Meryem was there too.
was quick reportage,i try to post link later.

welcome to mary in morocco she look great congratulation on your pregnancy .god bless you .

Well..it seems like Marie can't win. We have seen thru her past appearances that clothes are not a big thing for her. And there is nothing wrong with that. Its not like she wore a sack. Needless to say, I am a little confused. If she wore something a little dressy or an outfit that screams money she would be accused of flaunting her wealth in an appropriate manner. The poor girl can't win.

Its not the best first official visit on her...but baby steps please. She wasn't born to be a princess. She hasn't even been married a full year. She just happened to fall in love with a Prince. And honestly, its a little unfair to compare her to a MM, Maxima, Letizia, Mary etc. Everyone has different speeds on how they adapt to a new environment and unlike the women I just mentioned. She will never been queen.

Zonk,

I agree with your point about not comparing Marie to the other European princesses, but I have to say I am slightly disappointed in her choice of attire for the walkabout in Morocco. The pin-stripped top with the black pants and floral blouse was a little haphazard. Also her placing the sunglasses down the front of the top was a little undignified, in my opinion. The young lady does not have to be in fashionable, but she should know how to find a causal attire that represents her position as a princess of Denmark well.

Look at the Lalla Salma, her country has alot of proverty and is considered a developing nation, but she continues to wear designer labels, as does her sister-in-laws, and million dollar diamonds, emeralds, and rubies. Her position gives her the countance and confidence to wear what she likes, in order to repersent her country. and her role.

I personally think that Marie looks very nice. She seems happy to be on this visit, and the photos from the school are very lovely.

I like the "day 2" suit, it was very formal, also I love her blouse, almoust like a pregnancy blouse!:flowers:She looks happy and confident for her first solo event!

Zonk,

I agree with your point about not comparing Marie to the other European princesses, but I have to say I am slightly disappointed in her choice of attire for the walkabout in Morocco. The pin-stripped top with the black pants and floral blouse was a little haphazard. Also her placing the sunglasses down the front of the top was a little undignified, in my opinion. The young lady does not have to be in fashionable, but she should know how to find a causal attire that represents her position as a princess of Denmark well.

Look at the Lalla Salma, her country has alot of proverty and is considered a developing nation, but she continues to wear designer labels, as does her sister-in-laws, and million dollar diamonds, emeralds, and rubies. Her position gives her the countance and confidence to wear what she likes, in order to repersent her country. and her role.

Yes, but again...how long as Lalla Salma been doing this? My main point is that Marie (and anyone new to a job for that matter) is going to go thru growing pains. Unless they have someone to guide them (other family members and/or stylist), a good fashion sense or the confidence to either research or take risks. And I would hardly call putting the sunglasses undiginifed....tons of people do it. Doesn't make it right but it doesn't make it wrong. I am sure she always has done it. Now that she is royal...perhaps someone will suggest another matter. I think I have seen other royal ladies do the same. Let's give her at least a year before we start criticizing everything she does (and this isn't just directed to you). She's gonna make mistakes.

Last edited:
LOVE the outfit she wore on the second day ,the purple one. The rest is fine.

Personally I think Marie has dressed very well since she arrived. I think her activities are more important than her fashion choices. She shouldn't be judged in comparison with other Princesses that isn't fair. Especially in a negative sense as personally she is facing solo engagements sooner than some others.

I wish her all the best with the rest of her trip.

Back
Top Bottom