The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Morocco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
And handing out toys is the answer or rather I should say a small answer? If Denmark wants to "strengthen ties" with the Muslim world it may be a smarter idea to send the Queen or someone of higher rank than Marie to Morocco.
I'm sure a visit by Queen Margrethe would go down like a lead balloon after her offensive comments in 2005.

Moreover, the visit is as uncontroversial and altruistic as possbile and if covered properly by the media may be used as an effective means of countering Denmark's negative image.

If Marie conducts herself properly (as I'm she will) then this trip could be one of the most important undertaken by the Danish RF in many years imo.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I'm sure a visit by Queen Margrethe would go down like a lead balloon after her offensive comments in 2005.
I simply don't remember the Queen making any offensive comments in 2005 or other years for that matter. What were her comments in 2005?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Without touching on it too much, Lilla, Her Majesty voiced an opinion (2006*) in regards to religious radicalism and that she thought mirgants should make the effort to improve their Danish skills so as to better intergrate into society.

Certainly not an issue up for debate within the confines of this forum, but that is an extremely brief overview in response to your question. Whether percieved as inflamatory or not, that's entirely at the indaviduals discreation which is why some believe the comments to have been offensive.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

I think that we need to remember that this is Princess Marie's first big foreign visit. The task is small, but it will really brighten up the lives of those orphans, and that is the most important thing.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Handing out toys would be the most "important undertaking"? Um, okay.
Let me recap for you:

Denmark doesn't have a very positive view in the Muslim World and ultimately in the long-term it cannot continue. No country can afford to isolate and cut off 1.6billion potential customers. Therefore the images of a Danish princess, handing out toys to under-privileged muslim children, IF picked up by the Arab media and other muslim countries could prove very powerful indeed.

None of the Danish royals have done anything to address this issue through visits or speeches etc and a sufficient time period has elapsed (IMO) for something to be done without it being viewed cynically.

If Marie's visit proves to be successful then it has the potential of changing the views of a lot of people who wrongly see Denmark as some sort of threat.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Thumbs down

It's fascinating that this discussion already fills 5 pages. I mean... it's just a single solo engagement of Marie. It's not like this is going to be her very last and the most important thing she'll ever do.
I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of this.
Marie has been asked to do this and she agreed.
That's the whole story.
I think if any other Princess had been asked to do this engagement there wouldn't have been even a single comment.
Sorry, but I just really don't why everything Marie does has to be criticized... no matter if her fashion or her engaments.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Mandy has cleaned up the Marie thread in the Danish Forum and moved relevant posts into this thread.
Rather than continuing the argument about Lego, orphanages, beer, Muslims, Margrethe, Mary, Marie, Joachim, Alexandra etc etc the thread will remain closed until closer to the event or until more information becomes available.

Warren
Morocco moderator
Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Administrator

As advised by member ricarda...

Billed-Bladet is reporting that the visit to Morocco by Princess Marie has been postponed (or cancelled) because there is no member of the Moroccan Court who is available to attend.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...20Marokko.aspx
Old 10-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Courtier

new date for Marie's visit to Marocco: 10-11 November
Quote:
H.K.H. Prinsesse Marie overrkker p et brnehjem i Rabat kl. 11.30 en gave fra Legos Charity Fond til marokkanske brnehjem
Old 10-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Excellent! I am glad that they have rescheduled this visit. Hopefully, it will happen this time.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Offical Press Program of Princess Marie visit to Morocco. (In Danish)

Presseprogram i forbindelse med H.K.H. Prinsesse Maries besøg i Marokko - Danmarks Ambassade, Rabat
Publiseh on the Danish Embassy in Rabat web site.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

lalla meryem will receive princess marie of denmark when she visits morocco on her first solo and international engagement.
Presseprogram i forbindelse med H.K.H. Prinsesse Maries besøg i Marokko - Danmarks Ambassade, Rabat
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-08-2008, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Here is the article and part of the translation

Quote:
Princess Marie, for the first time represent the royal family when she visited Monday in Morocco. Marie will be received and accompanied by the 46-year Moroccan princess Mariam. Twice princess M will visit the Andalusian Garden at the fortress town Oudaya before the tour moves on to an orphanage in Rabat, where Princess Marie hand over a gift for a total of 3,500 boxes of Lego, which converted is 3 tons of the popular bricks, the Lego Charity Fund to orphanages throughout Morocco.
The visit is an important part of strengthening relations between Denmark and Morocco.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Princess Marie arrived today in Morocco, there is planned a photo opportunity at the airport on arrival. The Danish Royal Court has been announced today that she is pregnant

She will arrive at 19:30h

Old 11-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Once again I am looking forward to seeing photos of Moroccan princesses wearing magnificent caftans and European clothes. I hope that Lalla Meryem will be assigned to perform this engagement.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

finaly
Maghreb Arabe Presse: Arrive Rabat de SAR la princesse Marie du Danemark

Quote:
Rabat, 10/11/08- HRH Princess Mary of Denmark arrived Monday evening in Rabat for a two-day visit to Morocco.
Upon his arrival at the airport in Rabat-Sal, HRH Princess Mary was greeted by HRH Princess Lalla Meryem.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Are there any photos? I tried to find some on this site, but didn't have any luck. Is Marie staying in the royal palace, or is she in a hotel?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Are there any photos? I tried to find some on this site, but didn't have any luck. Is Marie staying in the royal palace, or is she in a hotel?
nothing yet sgl
i guess (i am not sur)she'll stay in one of the royal residences,the king do that (give the royal palaces to his guest) all the time and with all the royal,and VIP guests.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Mademoiselle Lilo! I think Princess Marie is very lucky to be able to meet Lalla Miriam and to be able to stay in the royal palace. The Moroccan royal palaces are so beautiful (one of the most beautiful in the world, IMO).
Old 11-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Thanks, Mademoiselle Lilo! I think Princess Marie is very lucky to be able to meet Lalla Miriam and to be able to stay in the royal palace. The Moroccan royal palaces are so beautiful (one of the most beautiful in the world, IMO).
yes , she is lucky to meet our princess , and our king is so generous !
but stiil waiting for pic
thanks madmoiselle lilo to help as