Pope Francis visit to Morocco: March 30-31,2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vatican releases logo for Pope Francis' visit to Morocco
Servant of Hope” is the theme of the Pope's visit to Morocco on March 30-31.
The Holy Father is making the Apostolic Visit in response to the invitation of King Mohammed VI and the Bishops of the country. The trip to the Muslim-majority nation includes the cities of Rabat and Casablanca, and will be the Pope’s 26th outside Italy.

Morocco seems to be ambushed by visits of foreign dignitaries.

According to Morocco media the King will gift the Pope little tree of Argane and status of the Christ

Any idea if the princesses will attend the visit؟

Looking forward to the Papal Visit to Morocco!

Any idea if the princesses will attend the visit؟
i don't think so. like the pope visit decades ago this one too will be a males affair and we will see only King,Moulay El Hassan,Moulay Rachid and maybe Moulay Ismail

Keys to Pope Francis' trip to Morocco

Pope Francis sends greetings to people of Morocco

Christians only make up less than 1% of the population so I don't expect crowds like in the UAE but I'm sure the Holy Father will be made feel very welcome in the kingdom.

must say we all excited by this visit

announcement from Map
Pope Francis to Pay Official Visit to Morocco on March 30-31
Rabat - At the invitation of the Commander of the Faithful, HM King Mohammed VI, His Holiness Pope Francis will pay an official visit to Morocco on March 30-31, announces the ministry of the Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery in a statement.

last time a Pope came to Morocco was on 1985 when Pope Jean Paul II visited Casablanca
Paix aux gens de bonne volonté : rencontre entre Hassan II et le Pape Jean Paul II

Last edited:
Wet arrival for Pope Francis in Morocco!

When someone visit during raining day we said he come and with him goodness and luck:)

That was lovely welcoming alot of ppl came to see the Pope despite of the weather

I noticed some enthusiastic Spanish members in the crowd waving the national flag during the speech of the Holy Father :previous:

I noticed some enthusiastic Spanish members in the crowd waving the national flag during the speech of the Holy Father :previous:
i noticed that too,maybe they came especially for the Pope visit a short fly from Spain to Rabat is easy

Seems there was an incident involving the king during the visit!

The Holy Father and the king sign joint appeal for Jerusalem.

yes seems like a young man tried to reach for the King
alarming sene and must be nightmare for the security services

He got quite close to the kings car,but thankfully security was ultra tight.

The Pope paid a visit to the Mohammed VI Institute.

Last edited:
The Pope met with a 97 year old Franciscan nun and other religious at St. Peter's Cathedral in Rabat.

I read that Christianity isn't recognised as a formal religion in the country and that there are some penal laws against Moroccan Christians, so it was interesting to see this visit from the Pope and I hope it resulted in smoother relations between Christians and other Moroccans.

The whole family with the pop
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvpH8oQnNwP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Happy to see lalla oum kelthoum and mouly Ahmad looks quet baby

Nice to see Lalla Khadija involved too! Cute that little Moulay Ahmad was there as well. It seems like it's been quite a successful visit.

I read that Christianity isn't recognised as a formal religion in the country and that there are some penal laws against Moroccan Christians, so it was interesting to see this visit from the Pope and I hope it resulted in smoother relations between Christians and other Moroccans.
there is laws against Moroccans who change their faith from Islam to Christianty not against those who are basically born Christians there is no sush thing
but i also hope the Pope visit will change things i do believe ppl have the right to chose their faith and that faith is for god,the homeland for all

Also present today was one of the surviving Trapist Monks from Atlas Abbey scene of the kidnapping and murder of 7 French monks from that Abbey in 1996 by Islamists.

Back
Top Bottom