Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to Morocco - April 4-6, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrifia

Heir Apparent
City
marrakech
Country
Morocco
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall to visit Morocco
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are to visit Morocco, Clarence House has announced......BBC

North African unrest fails to halt Prince Charles visit to Morocco
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are to pay an official visit to Morocco early next month, despite unrest in north African states.
The long-planned three day visit is going ahead on Foreign Office advice in a bid to improve trade and cultural links. Britain exports £300m of goods to the country each year....The Guardian

Prince Charles, Camilla to visit Morocco
LONDON -- Prince Charles and his wife Camilla will make official visits to Portugal, Spain and Morocco later this month....The Washingtonpost

here the official announcement from the Prince Palace they mention that they will attend a Gala dinner offred by the King,I hope to see Lalla salma and the Princesses..
The Spring Tour will finish in Morocco. In Rabat, Their Royal Highnesses will be guests of The King of Morocco, who will receive them for a meeting and an official dinner.
The Prince of Wales - The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall to visit Portugal, Spain and Morocco

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we will see Lalla Salma when Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla will be in Morroco.

I am almost sure the Princesses will be present at least Lalla salma.
we will enjoy some very lovely moments:flowers::)

Prince Charles upcoming visit is the first of a Windsor since the State visit of Queen in 1980.

I am looking forward seeing Moroccan royal ladies wearing amazing caftans.

Guest comment: Prince Charles visit reflects true situation
“I was in Morocco for three days last week and the mood among the people was tremendously optimistic and upbeat. In fact people are worried that they are being tarred with the same brush as the less progressive states to the east.....Source

its Moulay Rachid who will greets the royal couple at the airport
Charles visits Morocco amid unrest
The couple will arrive in the country to a guard of honour and an official welcome from Mohammed's brother Prince Moulay Rachid. They will see a display by the Moroccan parachute regiment before travelling into the capital, Rabat.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales look at parachutes drop during a display by the 1st Brigade Infanterie Parachutiste on day one of a three day visit to Morocco on April 4, 2011 in Rabat, Morocco. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, are on a three day trip to Morocco as part of a tour to Portugal, Spain and Morroco.
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, during a visit to The Mausoleum of Mohammed V in Morocco at the begining of a three day tour of the country focusing on multi faith issues, trade relations and climate change.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall poses with models in traditional kaftans as she visits Villa des Arts Rabat on day one of a three day visit to Morocco on April 4, 2011 in Rabat, Morocco. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, are on a three day trip to Morocco as part of a tour to Portugal, Spain and Morroco.
:) ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

One more photo from the arrival: ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

And more here: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Thanks for the updates! It is always a pleasure to see Prince Moulay Rashid.
I wonder whether or not we shall see Lalla Salma or other royal ladies in their amazing caftans.

Thanks for the updates! It is always a pleasure to see Prince Moulay Rashid.
I wonder whether or not we shall see Lalla Salma or other royal ladies in their amazing caftans.
the article of The Press Association i posted above mention that Lalla Salma will join the Gala dinner the king will host this evenning not sure if other princesses will do the same...i hope anyway.

I just hate the ignorance of some agencies Press:D

Charles welcomed with glass of milk
The traditional offering symbolises "sweet and pure intentions", the Moroccan hosts said, and it appeared to please the British royals who chatted animatedly with the prince and his wife, Princess Lalla Joumala Alaoui.:eek:

The Prince of Wales, walks alongside Director of Royal Protocol Mr Jawad Belhaj, on there arrival at The Palace Royal in Rabat to meet the king Mohammed VI, Morocco. PRESS ASOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Monday April 4 2011.

:previous:

Apparently the dinner is not a formal one and is labelled "private"...

:previous:

Apparently the dinner is not a formal one and is labelled "private"...
yes it was a quite intimate,the dinner took place in Dar Essalam the private residence of Mohammed VI and Lalla Salma not the royal palace( Alameer).

all the ladies look beautiful tonight.
i like the Duchess dress Lalla Meryem looks stunning Lalla Salma looks like she is wearing a lovely caftan too bad we don't have more clear photos but thanks anyway.

Nice pictures. I love turquoise and Lalla Meryem looks good in the colour. I hope we get better photos of the dinner.

Happy to see Lalla Salma at the dinner. Hope we will see better pictures soon.

Thanks for the photos!
Photos from the private dinner are nice. I wish there were better shots of caftans Lalla Salma and other royal ladies wore.

Prince Charles discusses environment, renewable energies, desertification with Moroccan officials
Rabat - HRH Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, received, on Tuesday in Rabat, Morocco's Energy, Mining, Water and Environment Minister Amina Benkhadra, and High Commissioner for Water, Forests and Desertification Control, Abdeladim Lhafi....MAP

Charles and Camilla arrive in Morocco, meet King Mohammad VI
HRH the Prince of Wales and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, are starting a three-day official visit to Morocco. The visit was planned months ago, well before the pro-democracy demonstrations began following widespread unrest in the region. Prime Minister Abbas el-Fassi told Prince Charles that Morocco is undergoing a “peaceful revolution” and that by visiting the country he can see for himself that “Morocco is a stable country.” ....Source

Fashion first for the Duchess of Cornwall as the royal tour arrives in Morocco
The Duchess of Cornwall received a colourful welcome to Morocco on Monday.
Not long after arriving in the north African country with her husband Prince Charles, she was whisked away to enjoy a vibrant kaftan fashion show at Rabat's Villa des Arts.....Source****Gallery

Nice pictures, Lalla Hasna looks beautiful and I love the caftan of Lalla Meryem

Back
Top Bottom