King Juan Carlos of Spain's Official Visit to Morocco: July 15-18, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really is difficult to understand how Morocco has handled this matter. Although the King has canceled the pardon, the man is now free, and probably already fled the country.

The paradox is that the only prisoner whose name was given by King Juan Carlos, to be transferred to Spain, is dying in a prison in Morocco. His family, government and human rights organizations had asked the king to intercede.

King Juan Carlos asked to help an older man with diabates and heart condition, which was arrested because he was traveling with his son trucker who was carrying drugs in the truck. The son has been pardoned by the King of Morocco, and his father is in prison where he does not receive medical attention.

Personally I think King Juan Carlos is totally responsible for this debacle. As the King of Spain, asking for the release of such a creature defies belief. I am aware that the majority of those on the Spanish list were imprisoned for drug related offences but the King has a responsibility to know exactly what he is asking for.

Spanish citizens will ask themselves what kind of a man asks for the perpetrator of such crimes to be pardoned? What sort of a King do we have? More importantly, what very high connections and influence must such a criminal have in the highest reaches of power in Spain that they could pull off such a coup? And what influence do such corrupt officials have in the government and with the SRF.

This is a very bad day for Spain and it's international relations.

King Juan Carlos did not give any list of people to be pardoned, the names of those pardoned were a decision of Morocco.

King of Spain can not give a list deciding what Spanish people can benefit of a Moroccan law, because there are about 200 Spanish in Moroccan prisons in similar circumstances. In addition, the King of Spain has no decision on judicial issues, the decision is of the government.

Unfortunately in Moroccan prisons there are many Spanish prisoners, usually for drug issues. The Moroccan prison conditions are terrible, so that's a matter of human rights, families and the authorities seek to move those prisoners to Spain, where the conditions are better.

King Juan Carlos only asked specifically for a sick prisoner to be transferred to Spain. And the Moroccan authorities have not complied it.

I find it hard to believe that King JC asked himself for the pardon for this paedo. Seriously, even with all the odd things he´s done lately.

I´ve heard the same as Lula, he didn´t give any name and the list was made by the Moroccan Government. Which is also odd, since they´re now saying they didn´t know who this man was. One would think they would check the list before taking a decision, wouldn´t them?:whistling:

I think somebody mistook the names or the documents needed. I don´t find another posible explanation.

At the end of the day, there is a dangerous criminal free and I hope an inocent child won´t pay for this incompetence :nonono:

The whole thing is very embarrassing for MVI, since he issued the pardon based on what his authorities had decided. The fact that now a statement is released by the Morokkon court to explain the issue is quite unusual. MVI has political power, as we can see with shutting down the protests brutally, JC does not, he is only a figurehead, even if he had asked specifically for anything it would be on behalf of the Spanish Government. Its sad to see his name involved with a case like this, none of this being his fault.
The peadophile has already left and plans going back to Spain :eek:
Angola Press - Africa - Moroccans to protest royal pardon for Spanish paedophile

If, as some press have speculated is a matter of intelligence services, Morocco has managed it terrible. If he is a normal citizen, or is a giant mistake or a case of administrative corruption.

Now the King of Morocco has tried to clean up the error, but he did not explain how he will fix it. The man left jail, and apparently Morocco... Moroccan authorities now have to ask for an international search warrant against him.

both Kings are victims of the poor work of their authorities,a huge and odd mistake of the procedure cased so much damage to both of them Mohammed VI especially and their basic inttention was good.

the guy has been arrested today in Spain after call from Morocco Justice minister to the one of Spain,in the last paragraph of article you can read that Spain ambassador comfirm that Spanish government give to Morocco authorities two list the first include 15 benefiting from the amnesty and the second include Other prisoners to be transferred to Spanish jails to completed their sentences this second list included Daniel Galvan.
http://hespress.com/societe/86023.html

I was to post the news, thanks ML! :flowers:

That the best news we could get, he´s been arrested and isn´t a public danger anymore :)

Now both governments can dispute forever of whom was the fault.

... [snipped]
Unfortunately in Moroccan prisons there are many Spanish prisoners, usually for drug issues. The Moroccans prison conditions are terrible, so that's a matter of human rights, families and the authorities seek to move those prisoners to Spain, where the conditions are better. ... [snipped]
Spaniards are concerned about the terrible conditions the pedophile was in?:ermm::ermm::ermm: Did Moroccan make these Spaniards break the local laws? The Spaniards in question broke the law in Morocco. So they should be subjected to the punishment in accordance with the local law. Those, who live glass house, should avoid throwing stones at others.

Last edited:
:previous:
lula is concerned about the terrible conditions other criminals from Spain were in? Perhaps Spanish drug addicts should stay at home, where they would be locked in better prisons or rehabilitation centres. One should fully understand and respect the laws of the country he/she chooses to visit.

This article implies that the pedophile in question worked for the Spanish secret service.
http://www.leparisien.fr/internatio...-un-pedophile-espagnol-03-08-2013-3028381.php
According to the Moroccan independent media Lakome , Daniel Galvan, the pedophile, is a Spanish spy Iraqi origin, which would explain its rapid release despite the seriousness of the facts that led to his be condemned. "It was on the insistence of the Spanish intelligence services that the royal cabinet has been pardoned on the list," says a source close to the case cited by the news site Lakome .
translated by Google

Last edited:
I was to post the news, thanks ML! :flowers:

That the best news we could get, he´s been arrested and isn´t a public danger anymore :)

Now both governments can dispute forever of whom was the fault.

I have to agree that this is the best news. Now both countries can consider reviewing who is pardoned for crimes.

Now there will be a row about what to do with the paedophile, the Spanish want to get him back to Morocco but the Morokkons dont want him back. In the end the paedophile will play the 'human rights card' and stay in Spain, its probably cozy in a Spanish jail compared to a Moroccan jail.

The King was probably misled by corrupt prison directors who did not disclose prisoners profiles correctly. He took the right actions. Most likely the main winners are now ordinary people who will force the King's decisions if they are not happy with it. It is a precedent.

it's shame sush successful visit was spoiled but that inexcusable mistake,it's so also unfair to rely JC to the issue when he was only doing good,anyway I am happy the man went back to jail no matter where Morocco or Spain.
I also hope the fact that Mohammed VI receives and apology to the victims famillies end the story.

Back
Top Bottom