Engagement of Prince Moulay Rachid & Miss Oum Keltoum Boufares: June 15th,2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
News are spreaded everywhere again !!! Moulay Rachid is to marry a Moroccan girl from Marrakech today (June 15th).
Is that true???
According to press sources the bride is close to moroccon royals.

Last edited:
The Prince is relatively old for his first marriage. He is already 44 years old... Congratulations to the Prince, Miss Oum Keltoum Boufares and both families.

Whoa, that was unexpected. I thought he would never marry. What an interesting summer..

Last edited:
Prince Moulay Rachid tied the knot with miss Oum Keltoum today in Rabat & in presence of his elder brother king Mohammed VI.
English statement:
The Ministry of Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery announced that His Majesty King Mohammed VI, may God assist him, presided in the afternoon of Sunday 17th Shaaban 1435 AH, corresponding to June 15, 2014 at the Royal Palace in Rabat, the ceremony concluding the act sealing the marriage of his beloved brother, his Royal Highness Prince Moulay Rachid, son of the late King Hassan II, may God rest his soul, with the virtuous Miss Boufarès Umm Kulthum, daughter of Moulay Mamoun Boufarès,” said a release of Ministry of Royal Household.

Last edited:
What a nice surprise! Congratulations.

I know there is 2 ceremonies right? sadaq and zafaf. I hope our Moroccan members can explain the details about this ceremonies. I think that foto is from their wedding sadaq. Zafaf is the wedding where the bride wears a nice white gown (caftan) and tiara, at least is what happened to Lalla Salma and The King.

Last edited:
When hearing the name Umm Kulthum, I automatically think about the singer with the same name (1898-1975), whom was/is regarded as the greatest female Arabic singer in history. Maybe fiancée was named after her.

the bride looks like a beauty, can't wait to see more of her in the future with the rest of the royal family.
she does look a lot younger than moulay rachid though...

When hearing the name Umm Kulthum, I automatically think about the singer with the same name (1898-1975), whom was/is regarded as the greatest female Arabic singer in history. Maybe fiancée was named after her.
Its also a religious name .... Umm Kulthum was the Name of prophet Mohammad's - peace be upon him- third daughter.

Last edited:
Finally:)
congratulation for him fo the bride and the rest of the family i am sure that they are all happy Moulay Rachid finally find his way for the marriage life.
Oum Klthoum is nice name for lovely girl,it said she is friend with Lalla Soukaina maybe they meet that way.

Will Ms Kulthum be granted the title "Lalla" by King Mohammed?

:previous:
Perhaps after the couple's wedding.
According to Moroccon websites Umm kulthoum is 27 years old (b. 1987).She was born in Marrakech where she attended Frensh schools & completed her education in France.

Last edited:
So this is engagement or marriage?

this is the marriage the so called "Moroccan Adul" not the Engagement! Normally after the official act of marriage her title is Her Royal Highness Princess Lalla Umm Kulthoum Boufares, but the MAP did not write it ........a mistake of the protocol I assume...by the way, His Royal Highness Prince Moulay Rachid celebrates his 44th brithday on Friday, 20th of June 2014...
May God bless him as his wife!

Last edited:
Still i think they will celebrate this marriage (Zifaf).This ceremony is similar to "Nikah" in the ME Arab countries.They are legaly married (tied the knot or signed marriage contracts) but with no wedding celebrations.Lalla Soukaina did the same.

Still i think they will celebrate this marriage (Zifaf).This ceremony is similar to "Nikah" in the ME Arab countries.They are legaly married (tied the knot or signed marriage contracts) but with no wedding celebrations.Lalla Soukaina did the same.

Thank you for these explanations :flowers:. I hope that they will publish pictures of the second ceremony as well, the Morrocan brides are quite stunning will all their finary and jewellery.

Another question: Is it traditional for the bride to wear a green kaftan for the sadaq wedding? Is there a special symbolism behind the colour?
And do they start living together after the first, or after the second ceremony?

Thank you for all explanations)Now everything is more or less clear.

Thank you for these explanations :flowers:. I hope that they will publish pictures of the second ceremony as well, the Morrocan brides are quite stunning will all their finary and jewellery.

Another question: Is it traditional for the bride to wear a green kaftan for the sadaq wedding? Is there a special symbolism behind the colour?
And do they start living together after the first, or after the second ceremony?
in Morocco Green is prefred color for bride beside white some think its the color of heaven some said its the prefered color of ProphetMohammed and other want to think green is sign of fertility.
the couple should live togheter not yet but after the wedding ceremony.

Congratulations to the couple! :flowers: The bride looks much younger than she is.

How odd re the colour green. In Great Britain we believe nobody should wear green at somebody else's wedding. It's considered bad luck, perhaps due to the fact that green is connected to witchcraft and witches.

The famous Egyptian singer indeed! I thought the name sounded familiar! ;)

Last edited:
Any news about the wedding?? .. I heard it was delayed due to the death of Lalla Fatima.

Any news about the wedding?? .. I heard it was delayed due to the death of Lalla Fatima.
wedding is next month,November the 14th in Marrakech.
every day on my way to work there is alot of work for the wedding preparations :)

Back
Top Bottom