A boy for Moulay Rachid and Lalla Oum Kelthoum- Moulay Ahmed: June 23,2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations to the new parents!
Welcome to the world, Moulay Ahmed!

Rabat -
The Ministry of the Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery announced on Thursday the birth home in the HRH Prince Moulay Rachid of a newborn that HM King Mohammed VI, may God assist him, baptized the name of His Highness Prince Moulay Ahmed.

Born in HRH Prince Moulay Rachid home a newborn that HM the King named after His Highness Prince Moulay Ahmed (Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery)

June 23, 2016

Here is the translation of the Statement of the Ministry of the Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery, read by Mr. Abdelhak Lamrini, spokesman for the Royal Palace:

"The Ministry of the Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery is pleased to announce the generous Moroccan people that God, the gracious Giver, filled on Thursday 17 Blessed Ramadan 1437 AH corresponding to 23 June 2016, HRH Prince Moulay Rachid of a newborn who brightened the illustrious royal family.

His Majesty King Mohammed VI, may God assist him, baptized the newborn the name of His Highness Prince Moulay Ahmed.

On this happy occasion, the Ministry of the Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery present to HM King Mohammed VI, may God assist and glorifies, its sincere congratulations and best wishes, as well as HRH Prince Moulay Rachid and his wife Lalla Oum Kaltoum, and all members of the illustrious royal family, asking God Almighty to perpetuate success and glory to his Majesty the King, fill the days of joy and Sovereign gladness, and meet His Majesty the HRH Crown Prince Moulay People the El Hassan, HRH Princess Lalla Khadija, HRH Prince Moulay Rachid and all the members of the illustrious royal family.

Congratulations to the couple on the birth of little Prince Moulay Ahmed. :flowers:

Finally we got the confirmation. I hope MAP publishes any pic.

Congratulations to the new parents and their families!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Congratulations to them! I think Ahmed is a new name for the Moroccan RF, IIRC nobody in the family has been given it in recent years. Little Moulay Ahmed is a sweet baby.

That is one proud and happy daddy :) And a very adorable baby :flowers:

Wonderful news :)
Congratulations to the couple :)

Congratulations to them! I think Ahmed is a new name for the Moroccan RF, IIRC nobody in the family has been given it in recent years. Little Moulay Ahmed is a sweet baby.

true, Ahmed is new name in the family it's nice to give him a not repeated name and i think also very lovely it's Mohammed VI who named the new born:)

And I think such decision should belong to the parents.

Last edited:
You're right Biri but its very accustomed in Morocco and i guess in most arab communities to ask the head of the family (father, mother, grandparents, aunt or uncle ) to choose the name as sign of respect.

They likely asked the king, the baby's Uncle, to name him. Perhaps they saw it as a blessing to their son. Not that uncommon. I think it a special bond that the new little prince is named by his Uncle :flowers:

I wonder if the name is perhaps a nod to their mother's berber roots. Their mother is a relative of the Berber military general Mohammed ou Hammou ben Akka ben Ahmed. Either way its great to see a fresh name in the fol.

Are they going to arrange Aqeeqah ceremony for the newborn prince as they did with his cousins Moulay Hassan & Lalla Khadija ??

A special gift from Lebanese singer Nancy Agram.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id_ow1MJEu8

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
i think there will be Aqeeqah ceremony but i am not sure Palace will release photos,let's hope they will;
that's lovely song from Nancy:)

Moulay Hassan is every day more handsome!

wow - i didn't even know they were expecting a baby!
exciting news.

This was the very waited news.
Congratulation for the couple i like the name.
Pitty there was no phot of the mom withe baby

the video is great Rossina:flowers:
pitty we didn't see the mother and the news born at the ceremony

Back
Top Bottom