Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler of Abu Dhabi current events: 2004-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, Sheikh Khalifa, the President, begins a two-day state visit to Britain that is more than a reflection of the close family friendship between the two heads of state.

British royals pull out all stops for Sheikh Khalifa's visit - The National

On the eve of President Sheikh Khalifa's visit to Britain this week, Emiratis in London are reflecting on a trip they hope will make close ties closer, as well as on their time in a country increasingly aware of the UAE.

Emiratis living in the UK hope Sheikh Khalifa's visit will boost close ties - The National

http://www.zawya.com/story/Sheikh_K...xamine_strong_UAEUK_ties-ZAWYA20130430044306/

Last edited:
Why are there not more members from the Al Maktoum family at royal events in Europe? Of course I understand that Sheikh Kalifa as a President has the highest rank in the UAE,but from the European families we had mostly Crown Princes/Crown Princesses and people from a similar generation like K.W-A and Q.Maxima attending the inauguration ceremony.(And the opening of the Ryksmuseum and the gala dinner the day before.)
Also at the weddings of other European royals I do not remember seeing anyone from a different family than Al Nayhans...the Al Maktoums seem more present at horse-related events an international forums like the Davos forum etc.

Why are there not more members from the Al Maktoum family at royal events in Europe?

1st) Also a Al Maktoum need to be invited.
2nd) Not everything is made ​​public, especially if it's more of a private invitation and not an official state visit (e.g. royal weddings in Europe).
3rd) The UAE will be represented as a state by the President, Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan. Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the Vice-President, and "only" the second most important man in the country.
4th) At official state visits the president must always be invited first, and afterwards the president can be determine that he represented or accompanied by his vice-president.

Salamalaikum to all members of The Royal Forums. My name is Masood Parvez. I am a portrait artist, living in Abu Dhabi, producing portraits of historic and contemporary leaders of the United Arab Emirates. Some of my paintings can be viewed at: http://www.zhibit.org/mparvez All art lovers are cordially invited to express their views and opinions about my work. Regards, Masood

I was surprised by the likeliness and realism of your paintings, do you draw them from photographs or do you have people sitting in front of you to get painted? The pictures of late Sheikh Zayed looks like a photograph, it is a very natural-looking portrait of him.
Would you also consider painting the younger members of the ruling family like Sheikha Al Jalila, or Sheikha Shamma (daughter of Sheikha Sheikha)? They look really cute and would add more female faces to your rather male-dominated portrait gallery :flowers:

Last edited:
Dear Blauerengel, Thank you again for your kind comments. I paint portraits of the members of the royal Families in the UAE, and normally I have to draw and paint from a variety of reference photographs. Its very hard to get these royals to sit for portraits the old fashioned way, although sometimes they give me special permission to take pictures in their palaces for the backgrounds etc. I would absolutely love to paint some portraits of the royal ladies and their children, but in this culture - specially in Abu Dhabi the Royal ladies observe the veil and therefore not interested. But of course, the young Sheikhas that you have suggested sound like a great idea! I will see if I can find some good ref pictures of them. You sound like an artist yourself or a member of the Royal family :ermm:. In any case, very nice to hear from you.. and God bless you. Regards, Masood

Nice pictures :)
I understand that you have to be careful with painting ladies because many women in GCC wish to stay in the background and do not release any photographs or prefer wearing a veil.
You are correct in your assumption that I also create art,but only as a hobby & for my own pleasure;-)
I have drawn some people for improving my skills, but my pictures are not as realistic and flattering as yours & I usually prefer drawing flowers,nature and buildings etc.
When I looked at your paintings I thought that some people may have asked you to create portraits of them so they can put a nice picture on the wall of their office or for private use. There are so many photos and portraits of the male members from the Ruling families in hotels,offices & governmental buildings in the UAE, I was also amazed at the huge wallpapers that were put up on some buildings from the most important sheiks. (I wonder how they feel when they drive past one of their larger-than-life posters? They probably have to get used to seeing their own image everyday in all kind of situations and places:)

Thank you for sharing your beautiful artwork :flowers:

Last edited:
Wow those are some lovely paintings! They are very striking. What specific medium to you use? Oil paints?

Hello Kalila18
Thank you. Yes this is an oil painting on canvas. A description is posted above, if you would like to read it. The arabian proverb you have quoted is very interesting! If you visit my website http://www.zhibit.org/mparvez You might be able to see, among my other paintings and drawings, a horse in show jumping action. Regards.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. :flowers: As an avid equestrian, almost any piece of art with a horse in it is beautiful.

Delighted to find that you are a painter too. May be you would like to share some of your work here too. You seem to be such an articulate writer so it would be interesting to see your artistic expressions too.
The portrait of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed which I showed you was started in January 2011. Kept working on it in between other commissioned works, just like the Old Masters ;) , and finally it was finish last month. This painting was inspired by the monumental portraits of the national heroes displayed at the Louvre Museum in Paris. The composition is entirely from my heart and my imagination. I had studied the face of The Crown Prince on the net for many years, and in this portrait I have tried to capture a gentle intellectual side of his personality in an imagined palatial environment. Now I am going to try finding it a nice home. Cheers!

I am sure you will find a new home for your portrait of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed,it is a very interesting painting and looks very much like a photograph! At a closer look I just noticed all the details, like the photo of the late Sheikh Zayed next to Sh.Mohammed Bin Zayed and the whole interior,by the way is it a smart phone that he holds in the picture?
As I said before,I am not a painter,I just draw and do all kind of stuff as a hobby, not professionally:) I do not make a lot of portraits as I find it difficult to get the likeliness and create something that really looks like the people I draw...

President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has returned to the UAE concluding a special overseas visit. Shaikh Khalifa was received upon arrival by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai and General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.

Shaikh Khalifa returns to UAE | GulfNews.com

President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has returned to the UAE concluding a special overseas visit. Shaikh Khalifa was received upon arrival by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai and General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.

Shaikh Khalifa returns to UAE | GulfNews.com

The President, His Highness Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, had left the country for a private visit abroad on Saturday. He was seen off by General Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, and other Shaikhs.

WAM | Emirates News Agency

UAE picture of the day

Last edited:
His Highness Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has launched his new e-website. The website sheds light on the President’s interest in culture and heritage, due to their role in preserving national identity.

Great! Can you give us the link! I am sure it's first class.

First woman appointed to Abu Dhabi Executive Council

Sheikh Khalifa, in his capacity as Ruler of Abu Dhabi, yesterday has appointed the first female member of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council. Dr Amal Al Qubaisi is a Federal National Council member and also the new general manager of Adec, the Abu Dhabi Education Council. An architect by profession, she was the first woman to be elected to the FNC and the first woman to chair one of its meetings.

Read more: First woman appointed to Abu Dhabi Executive Council | The National

The imperial Theatre at Chateau de Fontainebleau in Paris was named after Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed and reopened yesterday in the presence of Shaikh Sultan bin Tahnoun al Nahyan.

Khalifa theatre to open in Paris today

Shaikh Khalifa left the country on Saturday on a private visit. It was not disclose publicly where Shaikh Khalifa was headed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom