Sheikh Issa bin Zayed: torture scandal April 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They "say" he is alive... One thing people should know about the UAE just because they say something is so doesn't mean it is so. There is a real <>storm about this brewing around the world about this & all the Al Nayhans are being scorned, the latest is Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed in The Observer. This could yet turn out to loose the UAE billions in lost trade and tourism. The US in particular are having serious second thoughts about developing a nuculear energy program for the UAE. DP World all over again? The press should get this poor to the USA where he can sue. It's a slam dunk case, he'll get 10s of millions. Jurys decide compensation, amounts in the US & there is not limit & they'd be extremly sympathetic! I wouldn't be surprised at all if he got something like $100million. Let them produce him if he is alive, the press should pressure them for this.

It's horrible! I can't believe that this man will be free! I understand again that democracy is very important for a country. I am very lucky to live in a democratic country!

Is ok if the man receives some millions $$ in compensation. I don't think they will help him to forget the whole thing that happened but at least he could do something good with the money and the sheikh would not be happy to give the $$

those millions will not make him feel better or forget about what happends it will reminds him everytime of what happend.

those millions will not make him feel better or forget about what happends it will reminds him everytime of what happend.

I know, nothing will make him to forget that but at least he deserves to be compensated.

I know, nothing will make him to forget that but at least he deserves to be compensated.

These are truly dirty, evil people. They can be not be allowed to ride this out. The thing is to keep this ALIVE & to raise the roof about it. They must be taught that even the most humble, poor people have power. The power to shame them & to show them that their world is changing that they will be more exposures & that they will face justice for such atrocious abominations. I would say to Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed, Sheikh Saif Bin Zayed, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed & all those whom clearly have the power & moral duty to bring their Brother to justice but do nothing, then so you are as much cowards as your brother is a coward. Who will join me?

Really I am thinking there is no amount of money or gold that ever compensates this man but God, only Him can hep the man to get over all this.
I fear that this sheikh has done more such abominable things like this one before, but they haven't gone public.

Really I am thinking there is no amount of money or gold that ever compensates this man but God, only Him can hep the man to get over all this.
I fear that this sheikh has done more such abominable things like this one before, but they haven't gone public.

Of course. But not just this Sheikh... You can't think that. It's just that Sheikh Issa Bin Zayed hasn't got the intelegence, the IQ to realise that if he abuses his position to abuse the Human Rights of an American Citizen (Nabulsi), then he will expose him. Believe it there are hundreds even thousands over the years who have suffered the same fate at the hands of other Sheikhs too! Believe it, they just were not as thick as Sheikh Issa Bin Zayed to do it to a Western Nationality from countries that have a free press. This is the only reason this came out...

The jury here in the States would fry his 'behind' just like he did to that man on the video plus they would give that man some monetary compensation!

I prefer to hungry that spend a thousand times that money that devil, just to pay one that never i let me sleep. A thousand times rather i prefer die of hunger in return for see paying to Sheikh Issa Bin Zayed for what it has done

It's easier than passing a camel through the eye of a needle. Than a rich enter the kingdom of heaven

God Forbid no Woman would ever desire him, i wonder what his wives think of him as, God such a Dog. Everyday i am having less and less regards for these Sheikhs, i used to think they are good friendly people, now i don't think so higly of them anymore.
Yes, Tommy you are right they would't dare do this to an American, British, Japan, Canadian, French, German, Swiss, infact any European nationality. They will only do this to Asians and Africans because their government is nothing.

Of ourse!! No woman in this world would like to desire such a disease!! And a dog is much valuable than him.

latest is Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed in The Observer. This could yet turn out to loose the UAE billions in lost trade and tourism. The US in particular are having serious second thoughts about developing a nuculear energy program for the UAE. DP World all over again? The press should get this poor to the USA where he can sue. It's a slam dunk case, he'll get 10s of millions. Jurys decide compensation, amounts in the US & there is not limit & they'd be extremly sympathetic! I wouldn't be surprised at all if he got something like $100million. Let them produce him if he is alive, the press should pressure them for this.

What is sad is that this is a case of one man and not a country. I dont see why a nuclear energy deal should get second thoughts just because of this case since it had nothing to do with it and it is about 2 years old. Is it becasue it came public? what if it wasnt, there wouldnt be second thougts. You cant take a decicion on a one guys mistake. Every country has similar cases but unfortunatley arent royalty.

What is sad is that this is a case of one man and not a country. I dont see why a nuclear energy deal should get second thoughts just because of this case since it had nothing to do with it and it is about 2 years old. Is it becasue it came public? what if it wasnt, there wouldnt be second thougts. You cant take a decicion on a one guys mistake. Every country has similar cases but unfortunatley arent royalty.

Dazziling... You think it's just one man? It IS the state of a country! The state of the UAE. This proves absolutly that there is NO RULE OF LAW in UAE. It proves a vile thourghly corrupt, retarded & unsophisticated rational & reveals the volatile & insecure personalities of the UAE leadership... who can not be trusted with the heavy responsipility of Nuclear Power... Come on! Most of the big Sheikhs behave this way, they always have done & this is the natural conclusion everyone of average intelegence will draw. Please, would you rather that this never was exposed, so that everthing could continue as normal? I for one think it is long past time they are exposed. Have you any expression of compasion for this poor man? This mans suffering has bought the social standing the UAE leadership in the eyes of the world to that of lower than dogs... to engage in and so completely tolerate these abominations. They regard this to be their natural right because "I can do anything I like, anything, anything! I am an Al Nahyan, I am Al Maktoum" Mistake? Mistake?

Last edited:
Tommy, those are STRONG accusations. Do you have first hand knowledge of any of the Al Maktoums doing such things as this? If so, how do you know?

Every country has it's criminals and scandals, sure. But in most countries there are laws to protect the society from criminals.

This case shows that a criminal is not punished in UAE when he is part of the royal family and that the victims in such case are not protected in any way by the authorities. On the contrary, the victim here was criminalized by the authorities that should protect him.

For countries that care about human rights, this is unacceptable. It is not just about one sheikh making a mistake. It is about a system that covers a criminal, punishes the victim and suppresses the truth. That is why it is very important that the UAE gets the message that they cannot get away with this attitude and that it will have consequences if they tolerate these crimes.

NB: i strongly oppose to you formulating " one guy making a mistake", This suggests that the sheikh made a slight fault not necessarily on purpose. The man in fact committed a very serious and low crime. He did it on purpose, in fact he was proud enough to film it.

This case shows that a criminal is not punished in UAE when he is part of the royal family and that the victims in such case are not protected in any way by the authorities. On the contrary, the victim here was criminalized by the authorities that should protect him.

This is a big shame. Person is person. Poor, rich, ugly, beautiful, royal or not... Person is always person. I feel lucky to live in a democratic country.

What is almost as shocking to me is the naivete of many people, & of stary eyed people seeing only what they want to see or what is convenient for them to see... I love the light of truth.

What is almost as shocking to me is the naivete of many people, & of stary eyed people seeing only what they want to see or what is convenient for them to see... I love the light of truth.

Hold on Tommy: First they ignore you, then laugh at you, then hate you, then they fight you, then you win.:flowers:

This case involves a whole country not an isolated one, it is something truly heavy that could have serious consequences between two countries due to Nabulsi US citizenship.

Tommy, those are STRONG accusations. Do you have first hand knowledge of any of the Al Maktoums doing such things as this? If so, how do you know?

In answer to your question Annastacia, I do, as I am just one of many, many that do. I myself thankfully have not whitnessed this bad but I know what all locals know in this country. And due to what I have whitnessed & what I know, I like nearly all locals keep contact with Sheiks to a minimum. If you were to spend a few years in the UAE & intereact with Emiratis you may be lucky enough to gain the confidence of a few who will confide in you some of this. The inner circles of most of the big Sheikhs are made up of foreigners. You have to understand for all the glitz & flashy glass towers & the clever PR & Marketing that, just beneath the surface lies a socially undeveloped country & that is kept this way by the selfish interests of a despotic regime (as is the case all throughout the Arab world, & have pity for the people who endure this) the likes of which for example; Europe has not seen since long before Cromwell..

Last edited:
Hold on Tommy: First they ignore you, then laugh at you, then hate you, then they fight you, then you win.:flowers:

Thanks Bettina. Truth always wins in the end.

Last edited:
Dazziling... You think it's just one man? It IS the state of a country! The state of the UAE. This proves absolutly that there is NO RULE OF LAW in UAE. It proves a vile thourghly corrupt, retarded & unsophisticated rational & reveals the volatile & insecure personalities of the UAE leadership... who can not be trusted with the heavy responsipility of Nuclear Power... Come on! Most of the big Sheikhs behave this way, they always have done & this is the natural conclusion everyone of average intelegence will draw. Please, would you rather that this never was exposed, so that everthing could continue as normal? I for one think it is long past time they are exposed. Have you any expression of compasion for this poor man? This mans suffering has bought the social standing the UAE leadership in the eyes of the world to that of lower than dogs... to engage in and so completely tolerate these abominations. They regard this to be their natural right because "I can do anything I like, anything, anything! I am an Al Nahyan, I am Al Maktoum" Mistake? Mistake?

Tommy i agree with what your say! Everytime you post something i read it and always say this person sound smart..
I've read somewhere that this what happend to the man happend last year ago and now it comes out and that the sheikh do this many times to people... there is corruption all over the world and people ignore it:(

Since I have not found this in the prior post, here comes a link to the current annual report on Human Rights as published by the American Secretary of State on the UAE: 2008 Human Rights Report: United Arab Emirates

And here is a quote of this report:

Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman, or Degrading Treatment or Punishment

The constitution prohibits torture; however, there were unverifiable allegations of tortured political prisoners during the year, as well as reports that a royal family member tortured a foreign national who had allegedly overcharged him in a grain deal.

In additional, Shari'a (Islamic law) courts sometimes imposed flogging sentences as punishment for adultery, prostitution, consensual premarital sex, pregnancy outside marriage, defamation of character, and drug or alcohol abuse. Authorities used canes to administer floggings, resulting in substantial bruising, welts, and open wounds on recipients' bodies.

There were also reports of prison guard brutality during the year. On July 9, a Dubai court sentenced 25 jail wardens and a former prison director of Dubai Central Detention Facility to three- to six-month prison terms for abusing their authority and beating inmates. Among the allegations, wardens reportedly beat an Armenian inmate, leaving him with a spinal injury that led to permanent disability. The defendants appealed the ruling, and on November 18, the Dubai Court of Appeals suspended the sentences of the 25 jail wardens. At year's end the prison director's appeal was pending, and he was out on bail.

Of course this is only a tiny part, the whole report is definitly worth reading. Also interesting to look into prior years report ...

Since I'm a seven generation American (My family has been in America for over 7 generations) I guess I just assumed that this kind of behavior was not done anymore. I'm just awgast by this. I guess it's my ignorance of the middle east. I have always been so interested in the Arabian (persian) area and would love more knowledge but I never would have thought in a million years, they would or could still do this.However, my personality is the kind that I see the good in everybody until they prove to me that they are bad. Obviously this Issa guy is BAD but It's hard for me to swallow that all Sheikhs are like this! You are right, I don't want to believe it. It's not me as a person who would believe this.It's just so sad!

Since I have not found this in the prior post, here comes a link to the current annual report on Human Rights as published by the American Secretary of State on the UAE: 2008 Human Rights Report: United Arab Emirates

And here is a quote of this report:

Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman, or Degrading Treatment or Punishment

The constitution prohibits torture; however, there were unverifiable allegations of tortured political prisoners during the year, as well as reports that a royal family member tortured a foreign national who had allegedly overcharged him in a grain deal.

In additional, Shari'a (Islamic law) courts sometimes imposed flogging sentences as punishment for adultery, prostitution, consensual premarital sex, pregnancy outside marriage, defamation of character, and drug or alcohol abuse. Authorities used canes to administer floggings, resulting in substantial bruising, welts, and open wounds on recipients' bodies.

The USA is going through the whole.....what is the definition of torture thing right now. I guess the USA has been doing their own nasty things! However, if the American public knew, it would not have happened! We would not have allowed it. period!

Those millions will never be able to help the ones not caught on video in the UAE who have no rights please god they will someday have a voice and there will be people in power in such nations held accountable for their actions GO AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL
P.S. Warren I hope you appreciate not having to delete my swear words for they were many and unprintable.:angel:

The USA is going through the whole.....what is the definition of torture thing right now. I guess the USA has been doing their own nasty things! However, if the American public knew, it would not have happened! We would not have allowed it. period!

Yes there is a key difference The first reports of a US Marine torturing their Iraqi Prisoner came from the Pentagon and the press in the US and questions are being asked and will be asked until they are answered that is the difference between a democracy and a dictatorship

Keep asking the questions people and you are not only entitled to ask a question about your own nations human rights/civil rights but about the countries your nations government counts as allies.... If they want your buisness let them trade on your terms

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Honour" of Sheikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan & the Abu Dhabi "Police".

And every day when the Abu Dhabi Police had sessions with Bassam Nabulsi in his cell, they sexually asulted him {edit} said "This is from Sheikh Issa Bin Zayed". {edit} then they would photograph him naked to humiliate him, threaten him with imediate death, threatened to kill his Son & to rape then kill his Wife. ...Yes, indeed, Sheikh Saif Bin Zayed... The "Honorable" Abu Dhabi Police serving their country... have performed their duty... & "all the correct procedures & policies were applied." Must feel proud to serve as a Police officer in the UAE. Making their Mother's proud & Sheikh Saif Bin Zayed's Mother must be proud to...

Last edited by a moderator:
isn't it ironic that only ~6 weeks ago, sheikh mbz was pictured with released prisoners. the article was talking about how the honorable(?) sheikhs were working so hard to bring them back into society. maybe they need to take a look at their own family tree. on second thought, there is now an opening at the prison for issa. like that is ever going to happen. :(

isn't it ironic that only ~6 weeks ago, sheikh mbz was pictured with released prisoners. the article was talking about how the honorable(?) sheikhs were working so hard to bring them back into society. maybe they need to take a look at their own family tree. on second thought, there is now an opening at the prison for issa. like that is ever going to happen. :(

Indeed it is MissB. I was thinking the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom