The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKVC View Post
Agreed. Well one thing led to another.. a chain reaction. I voted that the UAE govenment although a monarchy did well in this issue.
I agree. A monarchy is different than say a "western" styled "democracy".

Westerners shouldn't judged others by their own standards of "measurement" nor "views", which may not fit or works on all models of ruling system in the world. Others need to respect and understand the intricacy of other countries' system, its people and cultures BEFORE making their own superficial comments and judgements on a country's ruling system.

I stumbled on this website while googling on a subject matter. After reading many of the threads on this Royal Forum, I found many posters (especially westerners) are quite "unknowledgeable" on Islam, muslims way of life and its relevant subject matters and other cultures. Thus, I decided to join in the Forum to help contribute to clear some matters, ie in the Malay royalties and cultures (Malaysia, Brunei, etc) which is specific to me and my region and the muslims faith and way of life and cultures which encompass most all regions in the world to include South East Asia and the Middle-East.

Peace and regards.
Teja

Old 06-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Gentry

Tejal - as a Western this site is very informative not only to us, but others who live in the East. There has been many supportive members who contribute "clarity" on several issues/concerns. Don't read two or three posting and judge. Also, you should broaden your international scope and realize many of these Eastern states...often state they are "pro-Western". So once you involve someone into your country or business...you get the good and bad! Just the way things works. However, its the Middle East that needs to do a better job describing what they will look like at the end of the day. Rather its modern or conservative. In Dubai you can walk around with tank tops and shorts and what ever...but...public display of affection is prohibited???? As the Middle East evolves and defines who they are and how they will look then others will stop giving suggestions! Lastly, not lets not forget our history. The Middle East was always heavily influences by the West. British for years robbed and stole from the Gulf and the Gulf did nothing. In 1971, S. Zayed told the UK, thanks but no thanks we will form on our own!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Commoner

Salaam Philly,

I am from the East, but educated in the West. I have lived/visited all over the world and most of my defining years growing up is in the West. However, I have a strong foundation and appreciation of my Islamic faith and Eastern values. I am well read in business, politics and what nots and I hope to give my point of views which has a balanced and understanding of BOTH world east and west and Islam vs other faiths through actual experience and interactions w people from both worlds. InsyaAllah.

Wasalaam,
Teja
Old 05-29-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Sheikh Issa's case is now closed, he has been released after 7 months of investigation/court etc. The court found him not quilty

Court clears Sheikh Issa
Article

I might be going out on a limb here but the gossip I heard suggested that Sheikh Issa nowadays mostly devotes his time and money on religious charities with a number of old Imans as company. I have the feeling that the Al-Nahyan family might have sort of told him to change his ways.

As for declared not guilty I think I remember that he had to admit to drug abuse and then turned over to his family?
Since his only brother died he have been acting erratic and have been prone to rages which might be connected or not.

Please delete if this post is not suitable.