The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iassai View Post
Ok, I can believe people who took the video do it to make money. But they couldn`t record any video if Sheikh Issa hasn`t torture anybody.
the real truth is that it was blown out of proportion and made to look like that... the facts are much deeper and the motive transparent... i guess now it will start to backfire on Nabulsi.. who I believe has other cases of scam (only heresay) in the US before he joined Sheikh Issa's palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abudhabilady View Post
i agree 1000% with you, we should stop to see the system in uae with western eyes, they have their own political and judicial system
yes and it is good that the political and judicial system is not controlled by some mafia or crime lords in UAE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwait View Post
Then UAE should stop being more western. Don't u think??
define "more western" please .... and then weigh the pros and cons....

Quote:
but i think the french boy didnt catch aids, for the same crime you will get a less punishment in western countries maybe 5 years and then of course the rapist is excused because he suffers psycological disorders , his childhood was difficult blablabla, so we should be happy that dubai court sentenced emiratis to jail for this crime especially cz they had aids
what counts most is that the culprits were arrested in 24 hours which proves that justice prevails and the sentencing was in par or more stringent than western standards....

kudoos to the UAE system perhaps?
Quote:
i dont think so cz the big international companies make big profit in uae and a rich person from asia or africa or russia will still continue to invest in uae cz it is more safer than his own country, plus there is no income tax in uae and also westerners will invest there black money still in uae and not pay it to tax authorities
money rules the world and in uae you can make still money
Bingo!!!
If you come to UAE to earn and then cry about it.. you then would be a hypocrite, wouldn't ya?

Old 01-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKVC View Post
the real truth is that it was blown out of proportion and made to look like that... the facts are much deeper and the motive transparent... i guess now it will start to backfire on Nabulsi.. who I believe has other cases of scam (only heresay) in the US before he joined Sheikh Issa's palace.
Blown out of proportion??everybody has seen the facts in youtube,the motive can be speculated but the torture is evident and unjustifiable. If Nabulsi is or not a good man don`t justify Sheikh Issa behavior.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Gentry

I watch too video of sheikh issa go youtube write sheikh issa and see what he make is criminal he is dont normal
Old 01-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dior View Post
I watch too video of sheikh issa go youtube write sheikh issa and see what he make is criminal he is dont normal
I dont have to watch uTube... I was present at the spot.. I know the truth
Old 01-11-2010, 02:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Blown out of proportion??everybody has seen the facts in youtube,the motive can be speculated but the torture is evident and unjustifiable. If Nabulsi is or not a good man don`t justify Sheikh Issa behavior.
.. and now in this case the torture allegation too is speculative and proven otherwise in the courts....

in all fairness.. it is maybe time to close the persecution on Sheikh Issa
Old 01-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Sheikh Issa's case is now closed, he has been released after 7 months of investigation/court etc. The court found him not quilty

Court clears Sheikh Issa
Article
Old 01-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Commoner

Found not guilty...what a surprise...... not.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
WHAT?A video of Sheikh Issa torturing this man don`t prove anything?
Agree, it is very easy to shoot the messenger but it was Sh Issa on the video, not Nabulsi
Old 01-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dior View Post
Nkvc and i know maktoums work
I am sorry Dior, I did not understand what you meant....
Do you work in the palace or for the Maktoums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettina View Post
Agree, it is very easy to shoot the messenger but it was Sh Issa on the video, not Nabulsi
Sorry Nabulsi is in the video and one Nabulsi was the cameraman.
Basam Nabulsi was in the video and Gassan Nabulsi shot the video.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:05 AM
Gentry

Go sheikhmohammed.ae site

Goverment for maktoums
Old 01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Sheikh Issa's case is now closed, he has been released after 7 months of investigation/court etc. The court found him not quilty

Court clears Sheikh Issa
Article
Just heard that the release is still pending for paper work and legal formalities to be completed. It could take another week it seems.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A few posts mentioning who works with who on the forum and who they know have been deleted, according to the forum rules.

Quote:

I'm a member of a royal family or a friend or associate of royalty. Why can't I talk about my inside information here?

Our rules about privacy include a rule protecting the privacy of royals. We have no way of verifying that any of our posters are really members, or friends and associates of members, of royal or noble houses, and we've had a lot of these claims over the years. Our rule requiring verifiable sources of discussion applies in these cases. Unverified claims or statements of connections to royalty may be deleted at the discretion of the moderators.
Lets stay on topic and focus on the case, further posts will be deleted without notice.

Thank you
Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
yes and it is good that the political and judicial system is not controlled by some mafia or crime lords in UAE
NYVC... How do you do?
Please, do "elaborate"... Define for us what is Mafia and who are Crime Lords & then please, please do explain who controls the political and Judicial system in the UAE... I'd welcome other's opinions on your statement since you have raised this in context.

Quote:
I am sorry Dior, I did not understand what you meant.... Do you work in the palace or for the Maktoums?
And what was your function NKVC? And since it appears that the only person present to escape a prison sentence other than the perpatrator himself, Sheikh Issa Bin Zayed is, You... I think a lot of people would like to know what was the Privilage of your position to escape the fate of all the others present at the event?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:19 AM
Commoner

Hi Tommy1,
I am doing ok and you?
As this is a human rights violation of human rights issue and the court verdict is being questioned, I was speaking on a comparative scale on the influences of crime lords and political agenda controling the governments machinery. In many countries, the system is abused by the power weilding crime lords and the over-powerful political big whips.
UAE is a monarchy and yet the system is viable and is just than most of the democratic countires in the world.

Your question on who controls the polical and judicial system in UAE, I would say it is streamlined for a monarchy but still keeping the norms of Judicial system of a democratic country. In this case Sheikh Issa had been abused by two men with vile intentions. They plotted and abused Sheikh Issa's rights. He was drugged and blackmailed. The accusers were not concerned about human rights, they were only thinking about making money through blackmail. Guys look deeply into the nooks and corners of the issue... look at the "MOTIVE" and look at their way of banking on a delicate issue as human rights... Sheikh Issa is also a very important subject as well as a human being... he too has his rights, hasn't he? And the UAE political and judiciary system has an obligation to protect his rights too.. and they did just that...

And if independant bodies start to dictate terms to the judiciary system.. whats the purpose... the so-called victim ( who by the way was also a thief who was trying to steal from Sheikh Issa ) was in the courts and had not accused Sheikh Issa of torture or rape why listen to the conmen who are responsible for the whole issue....

UAE is run by an able political structure and an un-biased judicial system based on sound principles and able men.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:26 AM
Aristocracy

Well you have not defined Mafia nor Crime Lords but since you have given me the bullets to load a gun by raising this issue I'm going to fire them with better aim than Sheikh Issa Bin Zayed so I hope you can dance by adding more questions. I won't let you get away with attemting to blatently obfuscate the issue. Who are you trying to kid? How does an Absolute Monarchy come into being & how does it maintain it's power?t
Old 02-01-2010, 03:45 AM
Commoner

Dear Tommy,
I will first answer your question to define Mafia/Crime Lords....
Mafia is a social evil trying to abuse the system with crime and power firstly for economic gains and secondly strong arm into the political and judicial sytem by creating fear. The people in power by these dubious ways are the crime lords.
One such abuse of power is by the American Strong Arm policy trying to bend knees of other countries by using such issues for their polictal and economical gains including spreading fear by injesting arms and ammunitions to the world. The world can do without these you know.. superficially I guess...
I was not trying to obfuscate any issue here.. i was just giviing my opinion... you have your freedom of judgement as I have my freedom of expression. I was not fueling bullets nor was I blindly supporting a system that wasn't working... the UAE monarchy is a working system.. better then most democratic systems... their development and recognition gained cannot be without a good and viable system.. the pros and cons exsists in any system.. that you have to agree to some extend.. kid me not please.....

the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of UAE are remarkable... give me another system to compare with and I shall try..
Old 02-01-2010, 04:40 AM
Aristocracy

NKVC, this looks like a lot of work for you here. You know. Like err, a job? Your profile says you are from Muskat. Are you the cousin of Omar Rahman? Perhaps you know Abu Khaled who worked for Sheikh Nasser Bin Zayed? Just asking... People will understand everything when they truely realize the "system" of Rule in this country & what it means for the principles of common human decency & Justice. In who's prime interest is this "system" & how is it kept intact? It has nothing to do with East vs West relegion or culture you are just throwing up smoke here. You are trying to excuse an attrocity as just reaction to a minor crime (not proven & as likely only perceived by the Sheikh). Look, you gave me a lot of bullets so I'm going to keep throwing down fire until the theatre is illuminated until everyone understands the "system" and about "Mafia" and "Crime Lords"... So, I repeat. How does an Absolute Monachy come into being & how does it maintane it's power over the people?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Commoner

Dear Tommy1,
You have a knack to encourage discussion.. that what these forums are about... you and I have nothing to gain or lose.. and neither do we or can we know who the real Tommy1 or the real NKVC is... contributing to a discussion in a forum seems like a job to you.. for me it is just simple.. voicing my views.. trying to understand life more.. doing things I like to do.. and of that sorts...

I do have a job for a livelyhood.. this and others things I do are things that are of interests to me... here I state stuffs because I know some truths and know who the real culprits are... I do not work for Sheikh Issa now nor am I working for anybody by writting what they want me to write.. ( if that is what you are implying ).

Yes I am in Muscat now and no I do not know Abu Khaled.. maybe by his personal name I may know him and no I am not a cousin of Omar Rahman.

Now you do fancy bullets and illumination.. i hate ammunition by the way.. love a good chat anytime.

Open your eyes and look at the crumbling democracies .. look at the successful systems... do not just support for the sake of winning an argument..dont just say, " If you do not come to democracy, democracy will come to you through western arms and ammunitions."

Ok now coming to your bullets, because of the electoral nature of democracies, special interest politics becomes the name of the game. In order to win an election, politicians must compete for the support of interest groups. The largest and most lucrative interest group (most votes) is the “have-nots”, and politicians can cater to them with wealth redistribution policies. Thus, democracies take on a redistributionist role: the welfare state is born.

As basic economic reasoning tells us, if you tax productivity and subsidize non-productivity, you will end up with less producers and more nonproducers. A destructive cycle sets in: as producing becomes less and less lucrative and nonproducing becomes more and more so, welfare spending increases while production and thus taxable income decreases. Thus, welfare policies only exacerbate the problems they intend to cure. They reward present-mindedness and discourage future-mindedness and, if left to run their course, will inevitably lead to a Soviet-style economic collapse.

Whereas a kingdom is the private property of the king, he has a strong incentive to uphold the integrity of private property law (the validity of his ownership of the kingdom depends upon it). The king also has an incentive to uphold economically beneficial law—private property law—to increase value of his kingdom.

Democratic rulers have no private ownership stake in the government and thus have no incentive to uphold the integrity of private property law. Nor do they have an incentive to maintain economically beneficial law. On the contrary, they can benefit by creating artificial laws—legislation—that serve to undermine private property law for their own benefit. Under democracy, mountains of legislation erode private property law: property owners become increasingly restricted in what they can do with their property. As private property law is continually weakened, long-term planning becomes more and more uncertain and people become more and more present-minded....

hope you are using rubber bullets Tommy1
Old 02-01-2010, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Guys, you may want to continue your chat in Members' Corner or via PM as the way it is developing has little to do with the subject of this thread.

thanks
Warren
Old 02-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Guys, you may want to continue your chat in Members' Corner or via PM as the way it is developing has little to do with the subject of this thread.

thanks
Warren
Agreed. Well one thing led to another.. a chain reaction. I voted that the UAE govenment although a monarchy did well in this issue.