Sheikh Ahmed bin Zayed (1969-2010) Death in Moroccan Air Accident

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sad end..i was hoping they will find him alive.My Prayers are with his family.

my heart goes out to his family, may he rest in peace and may the Lord forever look after his family

i saw the funeral on TV , sheikh Mohammad al Maktoum was not there but CP of Dubai

A handout picture supplied by Emirates News Agency (WAM) shows United Arab Emirates (UAE) President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahayan (C) pray with other Sheikhs during the funeral of his younger brother Sheikh Ahmed bin Zayed al-Nahayan at Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates on 31 March 2010.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8546/12328730.jpg

Emirati sheikhs carrying the body of Sheikh Ahmed bin Zayed al-Nahayan during his funeral at the Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi on March 31, 2010.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7296/12328440.jpg

What a very very sad story. My condolences. RIP Sheik Ahmed.

He bereft two-year-old son, how sad.
Rest in Peace.
Condolences to his mother & wife (whatever her name is).

That's right only sheikh Hamdan attended.

if he is not out of uae,then he should have attended...its a religious duty to pray for the death...or,may be he should have come anyway cause he has his own private plane.

I don't know for what reason he couldn't attend the prayers yesterday but today Sheikh Mohammed is present at Al Mushrif Palace in Abu Dhabi where he is accepting condolences on late Sheikh Ahmed bin zayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello - please help me to understanding the condolenence process... Do the women receive condolences or only men? Or do the women have separate grieving processes, just like weddings?

Any help would be appreciated, just trying to understand.

Condolence process is the same throughout the muslim world.
Women and men have always received them separately & that is not only in the Gulf but in the Middle Ease & North Africa.

Condolence is given on 3 days only, the person who has passed away has to have their house opened for 3 days morning & afternoon/evening and that is in religion.

Thanks...

Thanks. After the 3 days is the house then closed? If the house is then closed off, when does it becomes re-open?
Thanks again :flowers:

No the house does not close after 3 days, the family can choose whether they still want to meet the people but by islam its 3 days.
Everyone house is different, it can re-open to meet different people after the 3rd day but usually its after a week or so.

To my knowledge... the house for condolences is only three days for Sheikh Ahmed. That's what I think. A few of my friends that didn't go before were telling me today was the last day and they went. I don't know how true that is.

Yesterday, (According to here, UAE time) marked a week since Sheikh Ahmed had passed away. May god let his soul rest in peace. I pray, that 3 yr old Zayed and his mother have loads of patience, and strength through this tough time.

Yes officially its 3 days and by islam it is. You can still go after the 3 days and give your condolonces in the individuals house.
Example, Sheikh Khalifa and all the Sheikhs wont meet in one place like they have done.

may God bless his soul, and paradise will be his final destination,the poor and lovely sheikh ahmedibn zayed

This video seem so sweet ♥
I don't understand the arabic much
But I think that's Sheikh Ahmad & his brother Sheikh Saif
إن لله وإن إليه راجعون

This is a nice article about Sheikh Ahmed الحمد لله
I wonder if Sheikh Ahmed has a son. MakGirlDubai said his wife is Umm Zayed, so his son is Zayed?
If he does, then Sheikh Saif look after him?

YouTube - H.H Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan - سمو الشيخ سيف بن زايد آل نهيان

Yes, Sheikh Ahmed has one son, Sheikh Zayed BIN AHMED bin Zayed.
Sheikh Ahmed got married in 2003. Sometime in April, if I remember correctly.
But a lot of Sheikha Mozahs sons got married around the same time.
Zayed is his only child.
I don't know if Sheikh Saif takes care of Zayed. Sorry.
If you would like more info, I will answer to my knowledge.

Here you go..

I don't understand the arabic much
إن لله وإن إليه راجعون
Translation: :flowers:

To God we return and that the mechanism

TQ Makgirldubai & PhillyGurl :)

I hope I say this right, pls forgive me if I made a mistake
I once heard someone said UAE is an orphan after Sheikh Zayed's passing
& it's destiny that (baby) Sheikh Zayed is an orphan too
I wish the family & people the best, may Allah SWT blesses always

I'm sorry, I didnt understand. But from what I came of it, Sheikh Zayed bin Ahmed is NOT an orphan. His mother, wife of the late Sheikh Ahmed bin Zayed, is alive.

Definition of orphan: to deprive of parents or a parent through death
That's what I understand of being an orphan
I know his mother is still alive. Perhaps, even Sheikh Ahmed's mother is still alive too?

I just feel...
It's the beauty of a sheikh, son of the Forbes Most Powerful People being orphan
Orphans around the world can take heart relating to him
Sorry I dunno why I'm like this - promoting Sh Sheikha with disabled, Sh Zayed with orphans

Back
Top Bottom