Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed and Family: August 2005- January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, yesterday received separately the Russian minister of Industry and trade, Dutch minister of defence and Greek minister of defence, all of whom are visiting the UAE to participate in the International Defence Exhibition (IDEX 2015) which will start today.

WAM

Shaikh Mohamed bin Zayed attends GCC meeting in Riyadh: WAM
He was received on Saturday at Al Auja (Dera'iya) Palace by King Salman bin Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia: WAM

Last edited:
Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed met Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, Saudi’s Deputy Crown Prince, on Sunday night.The meeting took place in Riyadh with other officials, including Saudi’s Second Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister, Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

article

Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed and Shaikh Mansour bin Zayed received the Albanian prime minister at Al Bahr Palace on Monday.

WAM

Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed to meet Obama in Washington next Monday: article

Last edited:
Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed will meet Barack Obama at the White House on Monday for annual talks that come at a crucial moment in US relations with the Arabian Gulf.

article

Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed today met with US Congressional leaders and senior Obama Administration officials, concluding his two-day visit to Washington.

pictures

Shaikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan will lead the UAE delegation to the GCC - US summit at Camp David on Thursday.

WAM

Shaikh Theyab bin Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan pictured on tour of duty in Yemen.

article

Imanmajed:
Can I ask a question that has been puzzling me for decades now about clothing of men? I am not trying to insult anyone or you, I just want to learn. I like knowing the different customs and the culture of a country that is different then mine.

How's come men wear long gowns, right word? Isn't the weather hot and humid in your part of the world? I would think those garments would be hard to walk in, and live in during that type of weather. I have seen pictures of Arab men all my life and could never figure out why they wear them. Please forgive my ignorance.:)

Imanmajed:
Can I ask a question that has been puzzling me for decades now about clothing of men? I am not trying to insult anyone or you, I just want to learn. I like knowing the different customs and the culture of a country that is different then mine.

How's come men wear long gowns, right word? Isn't the weather hot and humid in your part of the world? I would think those garments would be hard to walk in, and live in during that type of weather. I have seen pictures of Arab men all my life and could never figure out why they wear them. Please forgive my ignorance.:)

You are welcome. Feel free to ask. Well, here in UAE the long gown of men is called Khandoura and the long grown for women is called Abaya. Since childhood we learn dealing with long clothes and it become a daily habit to move comfortably with these garments.

As you mentioned the weather here in our part of the world is often very hot and humidity is very high during summer month (in UAE: March - October).The temperature can reach 45/48 degree in summer while the humidity is about 90%. Also in winter the temperature drops to an European summer level: 22-30 degree while the humidity is about 60%. For the same periode temperature and humidity can be lower in the montain's but both weather data are higher in the desert areas. Our traditional clothing match perfectly to these weather conditions.

If you want to know more about clothing in UAE, please visit this thread where I explained your issues in greater detail some years ago: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...s-social-and-cultural-traditions-32797-8.html (page 8/#142/#145/#146).

Last edited:
Thank You for the information and the link. I am new here, very new, a baby only a few weeks old so to speak :lol:, and even babies like to learn. :ROFLMAO: I did go read the link that you provided and it was very interesting. Over time I am sure I will be asking more questions of your culture. When I was a child I had this book called "Tales of the Arabian Nights", from then on I have always been very interested in that part of the world. I have many books on the ancient Near East and enjoy reading and learning about ancient history.

Thank You for the information and the link. I am new here, very new, a baby only a few weeks old so to speak :lol:, and even babies like to learn. :ROFLMAO: I did go read the link that you provided and it was very interesting. Over time I am sure I will be asking more questions of your culture. When I was a child I had this book called "Tales of the Arabian Nights", from then on I have always been very interested in that part of the world. I have many books on the ancient Near East and enjoy reading and learning about ancient history.

;) A warm welcome to you. One Thousand and One Nights is a collection of Middle Eastern and South Asian stories and folk tales compiled in Arabic. The work was collected over many centuries by various authors, translators, and scholars across West, Central, and South Asia and North Africa. The tales themselves trace their roots back to ancient and medieval Arabic, Persian, Mesopotamian, Indian, and Egyptian folklore and literature.

So that we are not going off topic here it would be fine to answer your questions written in the thread: The UAE and Gulf States: Social and Cultural Traditions

Last edited:
Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed’s daughter, Shaikha Hessa bint Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan, along with his granddaughter, Shaikha Hessa bint Mohammed bin Hamad bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, graduates from military school - in pictures

Last edited:
12 March 2018

Telephone conversation with Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan | President of Russia

Vladimir Putin and Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan discussed current issues of Russia-United Arab Emirates cooperation in view of the agreements reached during the two officials' talks in Moscow in April 2017.

They noted the high dynamics of the development of the links in the trade, economic and investment spheres. They also affirmed interest in further boosting comprehensive efforts in mutual interaction and close coordination aimed to provide stability and security in the Persian Gulf region and the Middle East as a whole.

During the conversation, Vladimir Putin also extended warm birthday wishes to Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed met with Chinese President Xi Jinping's special representative Yang Jiechi in Abu Dhabi yesterday, April 30:

** rex gallery **

And he received Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom