The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2015, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed today met with US Congressional leaders and senior Obama Administration officials, concluding his two-day visit to Washington.

pictures

Old 04-26-2015, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed visits Saudi Arabia - in pictures

Old 05-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Royal Highness

Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed, on Sunday received the French defence minister, Jean-Yves Le Drian, in Abu Dhabi.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

Shaikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan will lead the UAE delegation to the GCC - US summit at Camp David on Thursday.

WAM

Old 05-14-2015, 05:50 AM
Royal Highness

Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed attends banquet at White House ahead of Camp David summit

article

Old 09-01-2015, 03:11 PM
Majesty

25 August, 2015

While visiting the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2015, Vladimir Putin had a meeting with Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the United Arab Emirates Armed Forces Mohammed Al Nahyan.

Meeting with Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohammed Al Nahyan -- President of Russia
Old 10-09-2015, 07:31 AM
Royal Highness

Shaikh Theyab bin Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan pictured on tour of duty in Yemen.

article

Old 10-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Majesty

11 October, 2015
Sochi

Vladimir Putin had a meeting with Crown Prince of Abu-Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the United Arab Emirates Armed Forces Mohammed Al Nahyan.

Meeting with Crown Prince of Abu-Dhabi Mohammed Al Nahyan -- President of*Russia

Mohamed bin Zayed, Putin discuss bilateral relations and regional issues /Final add/ | WAM

Old 12-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Dec 8: Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Visits Exhibition of Moroccan Cultural Week in Abu Dhabi
http://img180.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_887lo.jpg
Old 12-09-2015, 01:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
Dec 8: Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Visits Exhibition of Moroccan Cultural Week in Abu Dhabi
http://img180.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_887lo.jpg
Moroccan heritage week in AD - pictures 1 and pictures 2

Old 12-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Aristocracy

Imanmajed:
Can I ask a question that has been puzzling me for decades now about clothing of men? I am not trying to insult anyone or you, I just want to learn. I like knowing the different customs and the culture of a country that is different then mine.

How's come men wear long gowns, right word? Isn't the weather hot and humid in your part of the world? I would think those garments would be hard to walk in, and live in during that type of weather. I have seen pictures of Arab men all my life and could never figure out why they wear them. Please forgive my ignorance.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBirds View Post
Imanmajed:
Can I ask a question that has been puzzling me for decades now about clothing of men? I am not trying to insult anyone or you, I just want to learn. I like knowing the different customs and the culture of a country that is different then mine.

How's come men wear long gowns, right word? Isn't the weather hot and humid in your part of the world? I would think those garments would be hard to walk in, and live in during that type of weather. I have seen pictures of Arab men all my life and could never figure out why they wear them. Please forgive my ignorance.
You are welcome. Feel free to ask. Well, here in UAE the long gown of men is called Khandoura and the long grown for women is called Abaya. Since childhood we learn dealing with long clothes and it become a daily habit to move comfortably with these garments.

As you mentioned the weather here in our part of the world is often very hot and humidity is very high during summer month (in UAE: March - October).The temperature can reach 45/48 degree in summer while the humidity is about 90%. Also in winter the temperature drops to an European summer level: 22-30 degree while the humidity is about 60%. For the same periode temperature and humidity can be lower in the montain's but both weather data are higher in the desert areas. Our traditional clothing match perfectly to these weather conditions.

If you want to know more about clothing in UAE, please visit this thread where I explained your issues in greater detail some years ago: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...s-32797-8.html (page 8/#142/#145/#146).

Old 12-10-2015, 05:19 AM
Aristocracy

Thank You for the information and the link. I am new here, very new, a baby only a few weeks old so to speak , and even babies like to learn. I did go read the link that you provided and it was very interesting. Over time I am sure I will be asking more questions of your culture. When I was a child I had this book called "Tales of the Arabian Nights", from then on I have always been very interested in that part of the world. I have many books on the ancient Near East and enjoy reading and learning about ancient history.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBirds View Post
Thank You for the information and the link. I am new here, very new, a baby only a few weeks old so to speak , and even babies like to learn. I did go read the link that you provided and it was very interesting. Over time I am sure I will be asking more questions of your culture. When I was a child I had this book called "Tales of the Arabian Nights", from then on I have always been very interested in that part of the world. I have many books on the ancient Near East and enjoy reading and learning about ancient history.
A warm welcome to you. One Thousand and One Nights is a collection of Middle Eastern and South Asian stories and folk tales compiled in Arabic. The work was collected over many centuries by various authors, translators, and scholars across West, Central, and South Asia and North Africa. The tales themselves trace their roots back to ancient and medieval Arabic, Persian, Mesopotamian, Indian, and Egyptian folklore and literature.

So that we are not going off topic here it would be fine to answer your questions written in the thread: The UAE and Gulf States: Social and Cultural Traditions

Old 08-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed’s daughter, Shaikha Hessa bint Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan, along with his granddaughter, Shaikha Hessa bint Mohammed bin Hamad bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, graduates from military school - in pictures

Old 01-25-2017, 01:50 AM
Majesty

The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi arrives as guest of honour | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-25-2017, 02:13 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Sheikh Mohammed begins three-day India visit
Article
Old 04-13-2017, 09:10 PM
Majesty

11 April, 2017

Accoding to the official instagram account, Sheikh Mohammed ben Zaid al Nayan met with Ramzan Kadyrov, President of The Chechen Republic .

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSwXnaqB...dyrov_95&hl=en

Tags
abu dhabi crown prince, abu dhabi sheikh, crown prince sheikh mohammed bin zayed, sheikh, sheikh mohammed, sheikh mohammed bin zayed, uae sheikh