The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Commoner

sorry is sheikha Fatima marry with the ajman's sheikh??sheikh rashid bin humaid al nuaimi?

Old 06-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila_23 View Post
sorry is sheikha Fatima marry with the ajman's sheikh??sheikh rashid bin humaid al nuaimi?
Sheikha Fatima bint Zayed bin Saqer is married to the Ajman ruler who is also from the Al-Nahyan family. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubark (not from the Al-Nahyanfamily) was Sheikh Zayed's wife, mother of Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Sheikha Fatima hails ability of UAE women to undertake national resposnibilities
http://www.wam.org.ae/servlet/Satell...T-LEN-FullNews article
Old 10-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Sheikha Fatima bint Zayed bin Saqer is married to the Ajman ruler who is also from the Al-Nahyan family. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubark (not from the Al-Nahyanfamily) was Sheikh Zayed's wife, mother of Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed.
I think she´s listed as mother of six of Sheik Zayeds sons, most notable is of course Sheik Mohammed bin Zayed but also Sheik Mansour who as minister of presidential affairs is a de facto Royal Chamberlain perhaps?
Old 11-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Sheikha Fatima: We have enormous hope pinned on the second AWO conference

...The second edition of the AWO conference is scheduled to be held in Abu Dhabi between 11 and 13th November at the Emirates Palace Hotel. Wives of Arab monarchs and Heads of governments will participate in the conference along with delegates from various Arab countries. Apart from the first ladies of the Arab countries, representatives of various Arab, regional and international women organisations will also attend the conference.

The AWO is an intergovernmental organization established under the umbrella of the League of Arab States and is headquartered in Egypt. Sheikha Fatima is the current chairperson of the Organisation... - Full Article
Old 11-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Gentry

Considering that Sheikha Fatima is de facto very influential as she got a lot of influence over her six powerful sons I´m not surprised.
It´s even been said that most days her sons meet up with her and hold informal talks with their mom.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

i didn't know that all of her boys were close to her. i have always heard that sheikh mo bin zayed was raised by one of his aunts or grandmother. can't remember which one. don't know the story behind why sheikha fatima did not raise him. it has been said that sheikh hamdan and abdullah are her favorites. sheikha fatima is reportedly very close to hamdan's wife.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Gentry

Sheikha Fatima is also seen rather often with Sheikha Manal (Mansours wife) at various events and visits.
As for her having favorites I have no idea, but regardless I´m sure that few of her sons like the idea of going against her wishes, apart from being their mom and the late Emirs wife she´s also their link to the powerful Bani Qitab tribe who the crown prince relies heavily on for control of the military.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

i have no inside knowledge. just the rumour mill when i worked in abu dhabi. i heard that she is not close to manal. manal is viewed the same as haya. she is considered an outsider. like i said this is just things i have heard. someone who lives in abu dhabi/dubai might shed some knowledge regarding these statements.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss b View Post
i have no inside knowledge. just the rumour mill when i worked in abu dhabi. i heard that she is not close to manal. manal is viewed the same as haya. she is considered an outsider. like i said this is just things i have heard. someone who lives in abu dhabi/dubai might shed some knowledge regarding these statements.
It seems that Fatima and Manal are working together in the UAE Womens Union though...

Quote:
Abu Dhabi, Oct. 22nd, 2007 (WAM) --
HH.Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak held a dinner banquet this afternoon in honor of Laura Bush, the wife of President W. Bush of the United States of America and her accompanying delegation.
Sheikha Fatima and America's First Lady discussed issues concerning women and the bilateral relations between the two countries and the ways to enhance them .The two sides pointed out the importance of the UAE American partnership in fighting breast cancer.
The meeting was attended by sheikha Shamsa bint Hamdan, wife of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister, sheikha Manal bint Mohammed bin Rashid , wife of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Presidential Affairs, sheikha Al Yaziyah bint Saif , wife of Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Foreign Minister , and a number of sheikhas and sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi , Minister of Economy besides the female members of the Federal National Council.
Quote:
UAE businesswomen will gather for a special conference and exhibition for female investors and businesswomen. The event will be held under the auspices of Her Highness Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, honorary president of the UAE Businesswomen’s Council, and will be inaugurated by Her Highness Sheikha Manal bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Ladies Club and wife of His Highness Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Presidential Affairs.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

you might be right. like i said i have only rumours of people who "claim" to know. thanks for taking the time to look all this stuff up.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss b View Post
you might be right. like i said i have only rumours of people who "claim" to know. thanks for taking the time to look all this stuff up.
Well, I heard that Sheikha Manal and Princess Haya got on well so maybe people assumed that both where not 100% accepted?
Or it just changed when she gave birth twice?

But it sometimes seems to be a case of Sheikha Fatima using Manal as a spokesperson to get her own ideas out in the open more easily and perhaps with less controversity as Manal are using Dubai as her forum but maybe they just have similar views.
I mean, when Hydra properties (funded by Sheikh Mansour) announced that they would build the EVE-tower where only females will be allowed to rent business space and offices in Dubai Business Bay it seems to be in line with Fatimas and Manals agenda.
It might of course just be a clever business idea but somehow It´s one coincidence to many I think.

I can just see it..The somewhat cocky Sheik Mansour walking into his palace longing for some tea and finding his mom and his wife looking at him in that certain way.
I would have jumped out of the window in pure panic myself...
Old 11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Sheikha Fatima's role praised
WAM article

Arab IT Organisation hails efforts of Sheikha Fatima
WAM article

First Lady of Sudan: Sheikha Fatima heralded women's progress
Article

Lebanese First Lady hails the role of Sheikha Fatima in promoting women's renaissance
Article

Wife of Palestinian President hails efforts of Sheikha Fatima on Arab women issues
Article

Kuwaiti women's organisation praises Shaikha Fatima
Article

Shaikha Fatima to inaugurate 2nd Arab Women Organisation Conference
Article
Old 11-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks Turkish Delight for links
intersting event,see all those first ladies in same place is something to don't miss
Old 11-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

You're welcome shrifia! & links again!

Wife of Syrian President hails efforts of Sheikha Fatima
Article

First ladies of Arab countries hail the role of Sheikha Fatima in supporting woman's renaissance
Article

Arab League hails Sheikha Fatima's efforts in the woman's cause
Article

Sheikha Fatima visits Lebanese First Lady
Article

Sheikha Fatima launches network for Arab Women in Diaspora

Article
Old 11-13-2008, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Sheikha Fatima hosts dinner banquet

...H.H. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the UAE General Women's Union (GWU), Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation (FDF) and President of Arab Women's Organisation (AWO) today hosted a dinner banquet in honour of the First Ladies and heads of delegations attending... Full Article
Old 11-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Sheikha Fatima visits Sheikha Latifa
Article

Fatima visits Somalia's First Lady
Article

Sheikha Fatima meets Arab First Ladies
Article

Sheikha Fatima announces conclusion of AWO conference
Article
Old 11-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Sheikha Fatima receives Suzan Mubarak
Article

Egyptian First Lady ends UAE visit with a farewell bid by Shaikha Fatima
Article

Italian President confers Italy's highest award on Sheikha Fatima
Article
Old 11-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/11-2008/427People01.pdf
Old 12-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Fatima sends greetings to wives of Arab and Muslim presidents
Article

Sheikha Fatima helps to launch programme for early detection of hearing impairment among infants
Article

Sheikha Fatima visits Shelter Home for the victims of Human Trafficking
Article