The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Who will be the next Crown Prince of Dubai?

Hello everyone..
What do you think?
Who will be the next crown prince of Dubai?S.Hamdan or S.Rashid?

I think S.Hamdan will be but I hope to Sheikh Rashid because Rashid's personality is stronger than Hamdan.

S.Rashid Rashid bin Mohammed Al Maktoum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Photos:
Sheikh Rashid on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Sheikh Rashid on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
His Highness Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
His Highness Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

S.Hamdan Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Photos:
Fazza3 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
ودي أ*طك يا*بيبـي فـي عينـي وأسكر عيوني عليك أنت وأمـوت on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
أغنية الميدان 2 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
:: Fresh Pic - 6 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I THINK EVERYONE CAN COMPARE BETTER

Old 12-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Aristocracy

It seems that Hamdan wants it more. He certainly seems to try to please his father. Maybe Rashid does more behind the scenes that I am not aware of but you don't see him as much. Crown Prince would be a very public position and Hamdan seems more public. All I can do is speculate......

Old 12-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Gentry

i think hamdan will b coz rashid is so into sports and all
Old 12-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana8585 View Post
It seems that Hamdan wants it more. He certainly seems to try to please his father. Maybe Rashid does more behind the scenes that I am not aware of but you don't see him as much. Crown Prince would be a very public position and Hamdan seems more public. All I can do is speculate......
dana8585 I said that Hamdan would be but I think RASHID MUST BE ,because he has very strong personality and he can do lots of things better than Hamdan for example he can administer his country better(I think) and I also love Hamdan but he can't do like Rashid.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

How old was shk Mohammed whn he became Crown Prince? Is it unusual that there isn't one now? If something happened to Shk Mohammed(heaven forbid) would Shk Hamdan bin rashid al maktoum(not young Hamdan) be in charge? So many questions......
Old 12-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
How old was shk Mohammed whn he became Crown Prince? Is it unusual that there isn't one now? If something happened to Shk Mohammed(heaven forbid) would Shk Hamdan bin rashid al maktoum(not young Hamdan) be in charge? So many questions......
No idea. Maybe S.Mo is richer than S.Hamdan,maybe because of this.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

I think the son who gets married to a girl from Maktoum or Nahyan family first gets to be Crown Prince!! Just kidding. I have no idea.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Commoner

Quote:
It's tricky, but in my opinion his brother will become ruler until a suitable CP is named. I think Mo knows who his CP will be, but he is not telling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
No idea. Maybe S.Mo is richer than S.Hamdan,maybe because of this.
Mo may be the Ruler but his big brother holds the purse strings.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Aristocracy

i don't think that hamdan OR rashed has the education to be cp, but i feel that it will be hamdan. hamdan is head of the dubai executive council and several other organizations that his father was head of. it seems that hamdan is following in his father's footsteps.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss b View Post
i don't think that hamdan OR rashed has the education to be cp, but i feel that it will be hamdan. hamdan is head of the dubai executive council and several other organizations that his father was head of. it seems that hamdan is following in his father's footsteps.
Just out of curiousity, why does everyone think the next CP will be an offspring of Sheik Mohammed? Remember, Sheikh Maktoum became Ruler in 1990 when Sheikh Rashid died. He was CP at the time and oldest son of Sheikh Rashid. Dubai did not have a CP from 1990 until 1995 when Sheikh Mohammed was named CP. And he certainly wasn't the son of the Ruler at the time.

Same thing has occurred in Abu Dhabi. And Sharjah's Ruler didn't name his son, but the wife's younger brother.

All that said, it does appear Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed is being groomed. But to date, none of Sheikh Mohammed's sons have shown the same spark, capability, and desire as their father.

I think we have a few years to go before anyone is named.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Wink

Maybe you are right Royal Friend but I read lots of forums about this and all say the same thing:Hamdan or Rashid? I opened this thread for learning what people think.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Gentry

Hamdan or Rashid it doesnt matter coz at the end they are brothers and both have different leadership personalities
Wish them all the best
Old 12-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Gentry

Maybe it would be a son with princess Haya (he has to be born yet). Who knows? Or one of the sheikhas? Maybe will Dubai royal house be so modern in the future?
Old 12-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Gentry

well ines...p.haya son ((not yet born)) will not rule dubai coz hamdan/rashid are sh.mohammeds eldest sons and they have the credit to rule dubai...
and + they r pure emaratii...as hayas not yet born son will not b pure emaratee
hamdan/rashid are sh.hinds son and i think so one of these 2 will sure rule dubai..
Old 12-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

Can there only be one crown prince of dubai?
Old 12-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Question

Quote:
Can there only be one crown prince of dubai?
What do you mean?Only one? Everyone will die one day.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

why not like some royal families with many princes? I guess sheikh and prince are the same?!? yes, no? I dont know.....
Old 12-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Gentry

sheikh n prince are not the same sweetie..
prince has a higher class or u can call a person a prince if his father is a king..
i hope some1 else can explain to u the exact meaning:)
Old 12-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Aristocracy

I understand what you mean
Old 12-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Aristocracy

I am all for democracy, I am American after all, but it is so cool that they are a ruling, royal family. Look at everything that has been accomplished in Uae in the last 36 yrs or so. All while still respecting their heritage and history. I just think it is very interesting. Whoever is the next Crown Prince has some serious shoes to fill!