Who will be the next Crown Prince of Dubai?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that Hamdan wants it more. He certainly seems to try to please his father. Maybe Rashid does more behind the scenes that I am not aware of but you don't see him as much. Crown Prince would be a very public position and Hamdan seems more public. All I can do is speculate......

i think hamdan will b coz rashid is so into sports and all

It seems that Hamdan wants it more. He certainly seems to try to please his father. Maybe Rashid does more behind the scenes that I am not aware of but you don't see him as much. Crown Prince would be a very public position and Hamdan seems more public. All I can do is speculate......

dana8585 I said that Hamdan would be but I think RASHID MUST BE:ermm: ,because he has very strong personality and he can do lots of things better than Hamdan for example he can administer his country better(I think) and I also love Hamdan but he can't do like Rashid.:flowers::cool::cool:

How old was shk Mohammed whn he became Crown Prince? Is it unusual that there isn't one now? If something happened to Shk Mohammed(heaven forbid) would Shk Hamdan bin rashid al maktoum(not young Hamdan) be in charge? So many questions......

How old was shk Mohammed whn he became Crown Prince? Is it unusual that there isn't one now? If something happened to Shk Mohammed(heaven forbid) would Shk Hamdan bin rashid al maktoum(not young Hamdan) be in charge? So many questions......
No idea:ermm:. Maybe S.Mo is richer than S.Hamdan,maybe because of this.:neutral:

I think the son who gets married to a girl from Maktoum or Nahyan family first gets to be Crown Prince!! Just kidding. I have no idea.

It's tricky, but in my opinion his brother will become ruler until a suitable CP is named. I think Mo knows who his CP will be, but he is not telling:D

No idea:ermm:. Maybe S.Mo is richer than S.Hamdan,maybe because of this.:neutral:

Mo may be the Ruler but his big brother holds the purse strings.

Last edited:
i don't think that hamdan OR rashed has the education to be cp, but i feel that it will be hamdan. hamdan is head of the dubai executive council and several other organizations that his father was head of. it seems that hamdan is following in his father's footsteps.

i don't think that hamdan OR rashed has the education to be cp, but i feel that it will be hamdan. hamdan is head of the dubai executive council and several other organizations that his father was head of. it seems that hamdan is following in his father's footsteps.
Just out of curiousity, why does everyone think the next CP will be an offspring of Sheik Mohammed? Remember, Sheikh Maktoum became Ruler in 1990 when Sheikh Rashid died. He was CP at the time and oldest son of Sheikh Rashid. Dubai did not have a CP from 1990 until 1995 when Sheikh Mohammed was named CP. And he certainly wasn't the son of the Ruler at the time.

Same thing has occurred in Abu Dhabi. And Sharjah's Ruler didn't name his son, but the wife's younger brother.

All that said, it does appear Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed is being groomed. But to date, none of Sheikh Mohammed's sons have shown the same spark, capability, and desire as their father.

I think we have a few years to go before anyone is named.

Maybe you are right Royal Friend but I read lots of forums about this and all say the same thing:Hamdan or Rashid? I opened this thread for learning what people think.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hamdan or Rashid it doesnt matter coz at the end they are brothers and both have different leadership personalities
Wish them all the best

Maybe it would be a son with princess Haya (he has to be born yet). Who knows? Or one of the sheikhas? Maybe will Dubai royal house be so modern in the future?

well ines...p.haya son ((not yet born)) will not rule dubai coz hamdan/rashid are sh.mohammeds eldest sons and they have the credit to rule dubai...
and + they r pure emaratii...as hayas not yet born son will not b pure emaratee
hamdan/rashid are sh.hinds son and i think so one of these 2 will sure rule dubai..

Can there only be one crown prince of dubai?

why not like some royal families with many princes? I guess sheikh and prince are the same?!? yes, no? I dont know.....

sheikh n prince are not the same sweetie..
prince has a higher class or u can call a person a prince if his father is a king..
i hope some1 else can explain to u the exact meaning:)

I am all for democracy, I am American after all, but it is so cool that they are a ruling, royal family. Look at everything that has been accomplished in Uae in the last 36 yrs or so. All while still respecting their heritage and history. I just think it is very interesting. Whoever is the next Crown Prince has some serious shoes to fill!

Another reason why a future boy with Haya - or any other future child with another wife - can't be the next CP is age. Mo will be 59 next year and he (and the Al Maktoum family, of course) will have to sort out the process of his succession in the next five to ten years. Looking at his father, the late Rashid and his brother, the late Maktoum, both men's health started to deterioate quite early, Rashid was very sick for many years, his sons de facto ruling Dubai, before he died with 78, Maktoum even died suddenly with only 62 years of age. I hope Mo will still have a few decades ahead as ruler but who knows? Therefore his successor must already have a certain age, abilities and, most importantly, the trust of all decision makers within the Al Maktoum family since I don't believe Mo will point with his finger at somebody, say "he'll do it" and that's it. The successor will be 100% Emirati and Al Maktoum, Hamdan bin Rashid and Ahmed bin Saed will probably too old when Mo passes on the leadership but I would not be surprised if the chosen one would be one of Hamdan bin Rashids sons since a lot can happen until that special day.

Good luck to Mo on finding a CP, whew! that is going to be tough.

And good luck to the person who inherits his job. :lol:

I would guess Sheikh Mohammeds Brother has a chance of being the next Crown Prince (Sheikh Hamdan) What do you think?

Posts discussing the public standing of Princess Haya have been removed as they have no relevance to the thread topic.

thanks,
Warren
Dubai moderator

Another reason why a future boy with Haya - or any other future child with another wife - can't be the next CP is age.
Let's not forget that this isn't just a Maktoum family decision. Given that the Ruler of Dubai will hold the post of UAE Vice President at a minumum (Shk Mo holds more federal posts), the decision of CP and ultimate Dubai Ruler will involve the other Rulers of the UAE and top members within the Al Nayhan family.

Remember.... Sheikh Zayed got personally involved in the Ras al Khamaih CP change out. Rulers and thus CPs are now discussed and debated at the Federal level.

Thank you Duke of Marmelade.:flowers:

You are welcome - and thanks to Royal Friend for adding another important point, the influence of the Al Nayhans on the decision who will be CP. Whoever will become CP, he will need to have some brains and some show talent :flowers:

I would vote for sheikha Maitha. She could be the first first lady. She is strong, won golden medailles, why not?

To dana8585,
Sheikh is different , Prince is different.Firstly,Sheikh means like the leader of Arabs.(For some Arab countries Qatar,UAE,Bahrain ...)This is Arab tradition. Sheikh is the leader or president of Arabs sect. You know Arabs lived with tribes before 1900s. Sheikh was their leader. This is tradition. People loves their Sheikh.Prince is different ,princes are in the countries who administrating with Kingdom and UAE is not kingdom.But Saudi Arabia and Jordan are Kingdom.

To ines,Princess Haya's son can't be the Crown Prince, because he will be %50 Emirati and %50 Jordanian.No one want a CP who is not from %100 his/her country .Dubai's CP must be %100 Maktoum and Emirati and he will be very little for the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom