The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 12-30-2007, 04:02 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
What do you mean?Only one? Everyone will die one day.
I think what she means is that there can only be one crown prince at a time.
__________________

  #22  
Old 12-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,791
Another reason why a future boy with Haya - or any other future child with another wife - can't be the next CP is age. Mo will be 59 next year and he (and the Al Maktoum family, of course) will have to sort out the process of his succession in the next five to ten years. Looking at his father, the late Rashid and his brother, the late Maktoum, both men's health started to deterioate quite early, Rashid was very sick for many years, his sons de facto ruling Dubai, before he died with 78, Maktoum even died suddenly with only 62 years of age. I hope Mo will still have a few decades ahead as ruler but who knows? Therefore his successor must already have a certain age, abilities and, most importantly, the trust of all decision makers within the Al Maktoum family since I don't believe Mo will point with his finger at somebody, say "he'll do it" and that's it. The successor will be 100% Emirati and Al Maktoum, Hamdan bin Rashid and Ahmed bin Saed will probably too old when Mo passes on the leadership but I would not be surprised if the chosen one would be one of Hamdan bin Rashids sons since a lot can happen until that special day.
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 12-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Alabina's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ---------, United States
Posts: 43
Good luck to Mo on finding a CP, whew! that is going to be tough.

And good luck to the person who inherits his job.
__________________
  #24  
Old 12-31-2007, 05:21 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kensington Gardens- London, United Kingdom
Posts: 42
I would guess Sheikh Mohammeds Brother has a chance of being the next Crown Prince (Sheikh Hamdan) What do you think?
__________________
  #25  
Old 12-31-2007, 05:21 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,425
Posts discussing the public standing of Princess Haya have been removed as they have no relevance to the thread topic.

thanks,
Warren
Dubai moderator
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #26  
Old 12-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Royal Friend's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Another reason why a future boy with Haya - or any other future child with another wife - can't be the next CP is age.
Let's not forget that this isn't just a Maktoum family decision. Given that the Ruler of Dubai will hold the post of UAE Vice President at a minumum (Shk Mo holds more federal posts), the decision of CP and ultimate Dubai Ruler will involve the other Rulers of the UAE and top members within the Al Nayhan family.

Remember.... Sheikh Zayed got personally involved in the Ras al Khamaih CP change out. Rulers and thus CPs are now discussed and debated at the Federal level.
__________________
  #27  
Old 01-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Turkish Delight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 3,211
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Another reason why a future boy with Haya - or any other future child with another wife - can't be the next CP is age...
Thank you Duke of Marmelade.
__________________
Everything we see in the world, is the creative work of woman.- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  #28  
Old 01-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
Thank you Duke of Marmelade.
You are welcome - and thanks to Royal Friend for adding another important point, the influence of the Al Nayhans on the decision who will be CP. Whoever will become CP, he will need to have some brains and some show talent
__________________
  #29  
Old 01-01-2008, 02:56 PM
ines's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 81
I would vote for sheikha Maitha. She could be the first first lady. She is strong, won golden medailles, why not?
__________________
  #30  
Old 01-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Turkish Delight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 3,211
Exclamation

To dana8585,
Sheikh is different , Prince is different.Firstly,Sheikh means like the leader of Arabs.(For some Arab countries Qatar,UAE,Bahrain ...)This is Arab tradition. Sheikh is the leader or president of Arabs sect. You know Arabs lived with tribes before 1900s. Sheikh was their leader. This is tradition. People loves their Sheikh.Prince is different ,princes are in the countries who administrating with Kingdom and UAE is not kingdom.But Saudi Arabia and Jordan are Kingdom.

To ines,Princess Haya's son can't be the Crown Prince, because he will be %50 Emirati and %50 Jordanian.No one want a CP who is not from %100 his/her country .Dubai's CP must be %100 Maktoum and Emirati and he will be very little for the others.
__________________
Everything we see in the world, is the creative work of woman.- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  #31  
Old 01-02-2008, 01:23 AM
Royal Friend's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 65
Sheikh actually means someone of respect. It could be someone who is part of the ruling line. It could also be someone of religious significance or even a revered elder.

Prince on the other hand signifies someone of royal bloodline or sometimes someone who has married into the royal bloodline.

Crown Prince is a very old term and actually signifies a prince who has been "crowned" as the heir apparent. The term is also used by some ruling families.

Hope this helps.
__________________
  #32  
Old 01-02-2008, 04:23 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,425
It's also worth noting that the reigning families of the various Emirates are referred to as 'Ruling Families', as opposed to Royal or Princely Families.
An interesting sidelight is that the Emir of Bahrain changed his country from an Emirate or Shaikhdom to that of a Kingdom in 2002, whereupon he became HM the King of Bahrain.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #33  
Old 01-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Turkish Delight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 3,211
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ines View Post
I would vote for sheikha Maitha. She could be the first first lady. She is strong, won golden medailles, why not?
Well Ines,
I can see that you are very good Defencer of Women Rights.I am also Defencer of Women Rights ,you can see my signature in under but,this is different thing that you don't understand.

Maitha or any Sheikhas can't be Crown Princess, because this is the UAE's conservative culture.This is their culture and we have to be respectful to them.If they want to live in a way like that, they can live like that.This is their decision.Please understand this.

Turkey is ruled with Republic.Netherlands is ruled with constitutional monarchy.Does any Dubaians tell bad thing?No because this is their culture and decision and this is our culture and decision.

Please don't say anything about this more, we have to be respectful to their culture.Conservative, liberal or anything...this is their culture.If they want Crown Prince and any Women in Dubai accept to this ,they know something
and Dubai is very modern city and Dubaians are modern ,but they must protect thir culture.

FRIENDS, I ASK WHO WILL BE THE NEXT CROWN PRINCE ,NOT CROWN PRINCESS, PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO THE UAE'S CULTURE!!!!
__________________
Everything we see in the world, is the creative work of woman.- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  #34  
Old 01-02-2008, 11:31 AM
ines's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 81
Wel Turkisch delight,

I don't think I was disrespecting Dubai culture. Who knows what the future will be bringing? In my country was allways a male king till queen Wilhelmina came. So you never know.
And sheikha Maitha is realy a fighter and strong lady. So who knows? maybe she wil be if not a ruler, then a minister?

Don't say that I'm disrespectfull because I'm not.
__________________
  #35  
Old 01-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Mahoogie's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 312
I think it will be Sheikh Hamdan--Sheikh Mo's second son....He has charisma and the most active among Sheikh Mo's children when it comes to public affairs and leadership..
__________________

  #36  
Old 01-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Turkish Delight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 3,211
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ines View Post
Wel Turkisch delight,

I don't think I was disrespecting Dubai culture. Who knows what the future will be bringing? In my country was allways a male king till queen Wilhelmina came. So you never know.
And sheikha Maitha is realy a fighter and strong lady. So who knows? maybe she wil be if not a ruler, then a minister?

Don't say that I'm disrespectfull because I'm not.
I didn't say that you are disrespectful and you are already not.You just didn't understand and I want to help you.I never said a person DISRESPECTFUL in my life and I will never say.
I just want to WARN you because they don't like this. I read from wikipedia and it writes that your country is monarchy and I know.If I don't know I don't say.
Sheikha Maitha's mum is Moroccon she is not %100 Emirati.
Everybody must protect their culture so,they will protect this.

In future also she can't be or any Sheikhas can't be because there will be Sheikhs and they don't accept this.It must be very big event to change this.
In the Uae you can see also Women ministers for example , Sheikha Lubna Al Qaisimi is the Economy Minister.

and ,I didn't want to mean that you're disrespectful.I just want to warn you because when you say Sheikha 's Crown Princess they are sorry.This is only their conservative culture that Sheikhas can't be.

I hope I can help you.
__________________
Everything we see in the world, is the creative work of woman.- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  #37  
Old 01-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Turkish Delight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 3,211
Question

I read in a forum. It says Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid can be crown prince after Sheikh Mohammed?What do you think?
__________________
Everything we see in the world, is the creative work of woman.- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  #38  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:25 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
I read in a forum. It says Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid can be crown prince after Sheikh Mohammed?What do you think?
Why not? sheikh Hamdan is sheikh Mohammed's brother and sheikh Mohammed can make him a crown prince if he doesnt want to name any of his sons. What do you think Turkish Delight?
  #39  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Turkish Delight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 3,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Why not? sheikh Hamdan is sheikh Mohammed's brother and sheikh Mohammed can make him a crown prince if he doesnt want to name any of his sons. What do you think Turkish Delight?

I totally agree with you.

I wasn't surprised but you know his brother is a little different from Mo.
Firstly he is married with only one women and she is in the public although I never find her photo.He is more modern ,I think he had to be Crown Prince .and I think because of conservative culture.I am respectful to this.

But of course this is their decision ,culture and they have to be reasons.If S.Hamdan bin Rashid will, it can be good for Dubai.
__________________
Everything we see in the world, is the creative work of woman.- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
  #40  
Old 02-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Turkish Delight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 3,211
Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed is chosen Crown Prince!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!
__________________

__________________
Everything we see in the world, is the creative work of woman.- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Picture Thread Julia King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family 254 07-30-2013 06:15 PM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 12 purple_platinum Current Events Archive 195 09-11-2006 10:27 AM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current Events Part 11 pdas1201 Current Events Archive 193 05-11-2006 01:48 AM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current Events Part 10 pdas1201 Current Events Archive 209 03-05-2006 09:23 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]