The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by berber princess View Post
I'm glad you hinted at Tuareg people who belong to the Berber people !
Here you can see some pictures of berber people's outfits. Notice that outfits are extremely colourful wich contrasts with black abayas from Arabian Peninsula...

Traditional dresses :

cute little girl :
[.ஐ.◊.ஐ.] LeS ChLeUh "BeRbReS Du SuD"... [.ஐ.◊.ஐ.] - chleh et fiere de le'tre hamdolilah !***<3...

Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://www.expressottawa.ca/media/photos/unis/photo_530731_resize.jpg

That's very very very colourful in fact :) !!!

An old berber woman Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://idata.over-blog.com/2/82/52/36/Voyage/Zarzis2--71-.jpg

I really Wonder why people In uae ,especially women ofently wear black ??
Thanks for sharing those truly wonderful pictures,I enjoy the traditional Maroccan dresses a lot,but not only the fashion :-)
I think that Maroccan people have a special talent for creating beautiful art and design
To me, the colours here look just as lively and vibrant as South American designs and colours,IMO they also look especially pretty with tanned skin!

I collect a lot of Marrocan ceramics,they are so pretty and I also like to give them as presents to my friends,they like that kind of designs-especially the engraved serving trays are in high demand

To me it seems they have a more relaxed and free-spirited approach to life than other Arab countries,most of the people I met in Marocco where very open-minded,talkative and joyful,always happy to help with directions and willing to explain when we had questions.
I had bought some belly dancing outfit and cimbels and the belly dancer went to every table an asked all the ladies to dance with her (of course,we looked funny next to a professional) and the dancer took the time to show me how to use my newly-purchased cimbels

. Helen Keller
Old 04-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

Now it´s official:We have a social group for everybody who fell in love with Haya´s cute daughter,Sheikha Al Jalila!
Everybody can join:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ine=1365097127
Al Jalila Appreciation club

. Helen Keller
Old 04-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Royal Highness

A true gem on youtube:
Beautiful Princess Diana and Sheikh Zayed with English explanation & nice images!

"In the few days she was here, her fashion sense and warm smile won many hearts. Tahira Yacoob reports on Princess Diana's desert charm offensive in 1989."

She truly seemed to cheer up in Abu Dhabi,obviously Sheikh Zayed knew better to make her smile than Prince Charles,looking at videos from her visits to Qatar (sadly without Sheika Moza!),Saudi Arabia and UAE,she seemed most relaxed in Abu Dhabi. I can imagine it must have been rather strange for some locals who had never been away from their country (before UAE became a big tourist destination), to see a lady with no veil and blonde hair,especially such a beautiful and fashionable Princess:-)

Her fashion was interesting in all her state visits!They are quite extravagant and make her stand out from the crowd.The most "wearable" must have been the shalwar kameez-like combination of white trouser+blue-printed dress,she wore in the desert,it looks comfortable and timeless!

The youtube-user "iLovePrincessDiana36" has videos from most of her state visits,if anyone is interested!

Here´s Dubai,just look how the city has changed:
Here in Abu Dhabi they also watch a camel race:

Here a compilation of pictures from ALL her state visits in the Middle East!Lovely images...
. Helen Keller
Old 04-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Interestingly O.K has been born on 14 November-very close to Sheikh Hamdan,isn´t it? (I could not figure out if Hamdan is born on 13. or 14.-does anyone know the exact date for sure?)
Shaikh Hamdans birthday is on 14th November.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Shaikh Hamdans birthday is on 14th November.
Just for the fun of it-WARNING: Please,don´t take it too serious!!!-I have typed in Hamdan´s Birth date+location to receive an astrological chart online:-)
Maybe someone else wants to read it too,but keep in mind that horoscopes are not scientifically accurate and should be read for pleasure & personal enjoyment only - don´t take them as "fact"!

Astrolabe Free Chart from http://alabe.com/freechart
. Helen Keller
Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Just for the fun of it-WARNING: Please,don´t take it too serious!!!-I have typed in Hamdan´s Birth date+location to receive an astrological chart online:-)
Maybe someone else wants to read it too,but keep in mind that horoscopes are not scientifically accurate and should be read for pleasure & personal enjoyment only - don´t take them as "fact"!

Astrolabe Free Chart from http://alabe.com/freechart
Thanks, I´m aware that there is a nice entertainment of you and want to read it with enjoyment....

Old 04-10-2013, 04:07 AM
Royal Highness

I hope that you like it,I find it very interesting to read such charts and try to figure out how much of it is true and not-it is more accurate than the horoscopes in the magazines that are only "sun"-horoscopes and very general.This one is a tiny bit more accurate because it uses birth date+time+place of birth (you could even type in langitute etc of the place you were born) but again,it is only a computer calculation that uses the data you type in to produce such an astrological chart,it should be read with a huge dosis of scepticism;-)
. Helen Keller
Old 04-10-2013, 05:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I hope that you like it,I find it very interesting to read such charts and try to figure out how much of it is true and not........it should be read with a huge dosis of scepticism;-)
After reading some of it could be right......interestingly! Thanks for your work.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Gentry

A very modern prince | Special Report | Vision Magazine

Hamdan MRM's interview about his vision of Dubai .....

To my knowledge it's the only interview I red from him
Old 04-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness

No,there are more than one interview with him-one short one can be found on youtube too,it was made after the worst of the economic crisis was over and the reporter asked him if he was ready for the responsibility / if Hamdan felt prepared to take over from his father one day and he said something along the lines that he is still learning from his father etc.
I know 3 interviews in English with Sheikh Hamdan,but he often answers questions in Arabic tv, they often question him after endurance races and other events.
. Helen Keller
Old 04-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

One of the funniest pages I have read in a while,a friend of mine sent it to me:
Sexiest Arab Men 2010

Top 100 Sexiest Arab Men for 2010....
...and Sheikh Hamdan and Rashid are only on place 18/20! But for me it was already quite clear that the judges obviously did not use their eyes enough because they left out Sheikh Majid,Sheema´s dad Sheikh Nasser from Bahrain (altough they list his brother Sh.Khaled) and I do not see Sheikh Mohammed from Qatar and many more....failure!!!...but the texts are sooo funny and ridiculous that I can overlook their mistakes and missing people on the list!
Hope the rest of the forum also has a good laugh :-)
. Helen Keller
Old 04-28-2013, 05:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
...and Sheikh Hamdan and Rashid are only on place 18/20! But for me it was already quite clear that the judges obviously did not use their eyes enough because they left out Sheikh Majid,Sheema´s dad Sheikh Nasser from Bahrain (altough they list his brother Sh.Khaled) and I do not see Sheikh Mohammed from Qatar and many more....failure!!!..
Besides the beauty also the sex appeal lies in the eyes of the beholder or correspond to the opinions of the list creator.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Royal Highness

Well,better for me if they have eyes for the men I am not interested in *lol*
Of course,I did not want to imply that the people in this ranking are not attractive,however it is very different from my personal ranking;-)
BTW,everyone should have noticed that I was not taking this list serious...
. Helen Keller
Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 AM
Serene Highness

Of course, the list is based on media and these are not always well informed about all the attractive men in the world....

Old 04-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
One of the funniest pages I have read in a while,a friend of mine sent it to me:
Sexiest Arab Men 2010

...and Sheikh Hamdan and Rashid are only on place 18/20! But for me it was already quite clear that the judges obviously did not use their eyes enough because they left out Sheikh Majid,Sheema´s dad Sheikh Nasser from Bahrain (altough they list his brother Sh.Khaled) and I do not see Sheikh Mohammed from Qatar and many more....failure!!!...but the texts are sooo funny and ridiculous that I can overlook their mistakes and missing people on the list!
Hope the rest of the forum also has a good laugh :-)
haha well the thing is those men not all of them are very attractive & very famous !!!! ,, well the funny in that the first 3 men are not very famous & not attractive ,, How they listed top 3 I don’t know
I like from 8 & below but not above list
Old 05-10-2013, 05:28 AM
Royal Highness

uploaded 16.02.2012 Thursday, December 1, 2011 - UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum met with a multitude of academics, university professors and students, researchers, experts as well as an elite group of thinkers and cultural personalities. The meeting, which took place at Rashid Hall at the Dubai World Trade Centre, came to mark the UAE's 40th National Day.
Sheikh Mohammed gave a lecture on the theme "Spirit of the Union", during which he shed light on the country's epic march into progress, which he witnessed over the past decades, thus giving the young generation the lessons that will sustain them on the path of development.

Impressive:The interpretor is translating simultaneously, the moment that Sheikh Mohammed speaks, she talks very well and is very quick too:-)
. Helen Keller
Old 05-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Off topic posts have been deleted. Please stay on topic or further posts will be deleted without notice.
Thank you!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maharata View Post
This is a song issued by one of Sheikh Hamdan's poems. I'm not sure but I think it's called "Easy question".
can someone translate this song fully? pls, pls, pls, pls
Old 05-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofuae View Post
I totally fell in love with this Arabic song and listened to it everyday only to find out it was written by Hamdan!!!

It has such an amazing meaning to it. Hamdan writes songs as well. The song translated is "The Years Separate us" "Tefaragna El Seneen" sung by Asalah and Mohammed Abdo

This is the music video and Hamdan speaks in this. Hamdan speaks at 1:36

This is the more clearer version of the song (The CD version) Hamdan does not speak in this one.

I totally love this song!!!!

The song is about two lovers that meet but they separate, then they meet again, and they separate. Its about how they struggle to meet each other. Its really emotional. I cried the first time I heard it.

The song is about 3-4 months old.
Can smn also translate this song? i really wanna understand :(((
Old 06-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

Connecting minds — creating the future

Sheikh Mohammed active as a columnist in the newspaper. Article written by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum:

Connecting minds