The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by berber princess View Post
Sheikh Majid inaugured the Zayed university Carnival 2013 :) @blauerengel as I said :)
Thanks for sharing. Sheikh Majid inaugurates the ZUC since years. It would have been very surprised if he had not done it. The event has existed for eight years and Sheikh Majid is a sponsor to the Zayed University Carnival for the third consecutive year.
__________________

__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 03-25-2013, 08:17 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by berber princess View Post
Sheikh Majid inaugured the Zayed university Carnival 2013 :)

@blauerengel as I said :)
Thanks for sharing:-)
By the way-Sheikh Mansour also visited Zayed university for the same event,but not together,it is interesting that lately they seem to do a lot of double visits!
First Sheikh Hamdan visited a health-related event,than Sheikh Majid visited the same event and was shown around in the same areas (there are videos in previous posts)-so I can only explain that when there is an inmportant event that takes more than one day they decide that each day one of them is going. (Like here- Majidīs visit was on 20th March and Mansour on 21st March, must have been a very exciting week for all the students :-)
It is also interesting to see that always whenever one of the sheikhs are visting a university, they are guided and shown around in the building by women.Emirati ladies seem to be clearly more active & interested in higher education than their male counterparts (sorry,Imanmajed!You must be that notable exception from the rule...) You can see that they are proud and confident women, it is nice to watch them explain and show around dignitaries in their alma mater so gracefully. By the way-on Zayed uni HP they have pictures of the visits and also further information:Current News
Notice that Sheikh Mansoor has opted for a sandy-coloured khandourah (obviously an avid follower of TRF who is willing to accept my sartorial advice on colours) while Sheikh Majid stubbornly refuses to give up his beloved white khandoura
__________________

__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 03-26-2013, 04:44 AM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
It is also interesting to see that always whenever one of the sheikhs are visting a university, they are guided and shown around in the building by women.Emirati ladies seem to be clearly more active & interested in higher education than their male counterparts (sorry,Imanmajed! You must be that notable exception from the rule...) You can see that they are proud and confident women, it is nice to watch them explain and show around dignitaries in their alma mater so gracefully. By the way-on Zayed uni HP they have pictures of the visits and also further information:Current News
Itīs okay. You are right! The women in UAE are more interested and enthusiastic for higher education than men. The Emirati men have more to strive to move forward on a higher path if they do not want to be completely overhauled by our ladies. Maybe Iīm a proud notable exception from the rule....., but more I suppose that there are other male exceptions exist. Admittedly in a minority. My family wants me to strive for excellence. And with my best I honor my country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Notice that Sheikh Mansoor has opted for a sandy-coloured khandourah (obviously an avid follower of TRF who is willing to accept my sartorial advice on colours) while Sheikh Majid stubbornly refuses to give up his beloved white khandoura
I have passed your suggestions. However, your request could not be comprehended, because the men regularly wear colored khanduras also (especially common in the younger generation). Donīt forget: you see only a small part of the wardrobe of the Sheikhs in the press. Therefore it seems that randomly you see Sheikh Majid in a white khandura always. At the same time white is the classical, more traditional version.

These colored khanduras and gutrahs currently "en vogue" in UAE. Does this represents a hope for you?
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 03-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,280
@blauerengel: Here is a video for you, where you can see that Sheikh Majid not only wears a white khandura:
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 03-27-2013, 05:25 PM
berber princess's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ***, France
Posts: 51



Sheikh Majid! You can see very good carvings.


@ blauerengel He is wearing a black kandura ! (this is still not a colourful outfit, but this is not white either so I guess you're pleased :) ?)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 03-27-2013, 06:15 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Itīs okay. You are right! The women in UAE are more interested and enthusiastic for higher education than men. The Emirati men have more to strive to move forward on a higher path if they do not want to be completely overhauled by our ladies. Maybe Iīm a proud notable exception from the rule....., but more I suppose that there are other male exceptions exist. Admittedly in a minority. My family wants me to strive for excellence. And with my best I honor my country.

-> Paraphrasing the first man who landed on the moon (Armstrong once said "That's one small step for man and one giant step for mankind." back in 69!) You could say "A bad thing for the UAE,but a very fortunate thing for me because I will have more job opportunities,better career options and later on a wider selection of possible marriage possibilities-because women prefer acchived men who can afford to give them a good standard of life. (Also,if you want to have several children,lavish wedding or multiple wives you need a well-paid job unless you constantly want to annoy your family when youīre asking them for money....)

I have passed your suggestions. However, your request could not be comprehended, because the men regularly wear colored khanduras also (especially common in the younger generation).<-1)
Donīt forget: you see only a small part of the wardrobe of the Sheikhs in the press. Therefore it seems that randomly you see Sheikh Majid in a white khandura always. At the same time white is the classical, more traditional version.

These colored khanduras and gutrahs currently "en vogue" in UAE. Does this represents a hope for you?
1)Can you show me? I constantly see Sheikh Majid in white,but maybe if you see him everyday you can make a statistic of how often he wears which colour and also which colour he wears most often and which one is his least-favoured colour.Of course supplied with pictures as proof and for the enjoyment of all the ladies on this board
(I have never seen him in green,also donīt remember any appearances in red clothes...mostly I see him in black & white!He does seem to like blue and sandy-colours most,but obviously he is not too keen on bright colours.)
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:34 AM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
You could say "A bad thing for the UAE,but a very fortunate thing for me because I will have more job opportunities,better career options and later on a wider selection of possible marriage possibilities-because women prefer acchived men who can afford to give them a good standard of life. (Also,if you want to have several children,lavish wedding or multiple wives you need a well-paid job unless you constantly want to annoy your family when youīre asking them for money....)

If you look at it from this side ....well......but there is a small problem with your point of view: My job opportunities limited to the family business, which we manage and in this context I always get my money from my family, despite I work hard in my job! Also, it may happen that I worked a lot, but in the end see little or no money because the business did not work or only half. In the same way my family have a very large say in "possible marriage possibilities" for me. All together (job and marriage/s): I call it my general risk of life....My fate is determined of God....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
1)Can you show me? I constantly see Sheikh Majid in white
I showed you a video, where you can see Sheikh Majid with different coloured khanduras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
....but maybe if you see him everyday you can make a statistic of how often he wears which colour and also which colour he wears most often and which one is his least-favoured colour.Of course supplied with pictures as proof and for the enjoyment of all the ladies on this board...
It seems, I have a new job....."statistician of colours"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I have never seen him in green,also donīt remember any appearances in red clothes...mostly I see him in black & white!He does seem to like blue and sandy-colours most,but obviously he is not too keen on bright colours.)
ohhhhh, RED .......if you are a man, this is not a colour that you should wear in UAE - never, not, under any circumstances.... the search for a man in a red khandura is therefore hopeless.....
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 03-30-2013, 09:46 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
Why is red such a taboo? I think red kandourah would be too overpowering with such a strong,vibrant colour,but why not wear a red t-shirt or poloshirt? Nasser bin Hamad wears soft pink regularly,which is a risky colour for men,as it is usually accociated with girls but I think on tanned men it looks nice.

Today I have a video for all the muslims on board-
it is from 2011,īfrom the most crowded place in the world,Mecca!
&#x202b; (Click on the link,it should work-only embedding is not possible for this video!)

I have spotted from the Al maktoum family:Mohammed,Hamdan,Majid,Achmed and also other sheikhs from the UAE.
For Arabic speakers: What do the comments below the video say? I would guess lots of "Inshallah","Mashalla" and "Allahu akbaar"s, am I correct?

Here is a compilation of pictures from different ppl who made the Hajj:
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 03-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Why is red such a taboo? I think red kandourah would be too overpowering with such a strong,vibrant colour,but why not wear a red t-shirt or poloshirt?
The colour RED stands for a certain sexual preference of some men....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Today I have a video for all the muslims on board-it is from 2011,īfrom the most crowded place in the world,Mecca!

I have spotted from the Al maktoum family:Mohammed,Hamdan,Majid,Achmed and also other sheikhs from the UAE. For Arabic speakers: What do the comments below the video say? I would guess lots of "Inshallah","Mashalla" and "Allahu akbaar"s, am I correct?.......&#x202b;!

Inshallah in arabic: انشاء الله
Mashallah in arabic: ما شاء الله
Allahu akbar in arabic: الله أَكْبَر‎


Unfortunately I can't see multiple comments on this video. Below the video is a short comment in Arabic, which can be translated as: "pictures of some celebrities in Mecca". Top left hand corner there is only one referencing to a video channel of someone with the name Issa al Moosa. Thats all. Other comments I canīt find.

Maybe it was written: Labbaik -Allahumma - Labbaik ......(لَبَّيْكَ اللَّهُمَّ لَبَّيْكَ ) It is the beginning of so called Talbiyah, a recital of the following words by the pilgrim during Umrah and Hajj:

Labbaik Allahumma Labbaik. Labbaik, La Shareek Laka, Labbaik. Innal Hamdah, Wan Nematah, Laka wal Mulk, La Shareek Laka
(لَبَّيْكَ اللَّهُمَّ لَبَّيْكَ، لَبَّيْكَ لاَ شَرِيْكَ لَكَ لَبَّيْكَ، إِنَّ الْحَمْدَ وَالنِّعْمَةَ لَكَ وَالْمُلْكَ لاَشَرِيْكَ لَكَ )

Translation: "Here I am at thy service O Lord, here I am. Here I am at thy service and thou have no partners. Thine alone is all praise and all bounty, and thine alone is the sovereignty. Thou have no partners."

The Talbiyah is a prayer as well as an assertion of the pilgrim's conviction that he intends to perform Hajj only for the glory of Allah. The pilgrim starts the recital upon changing into the Ihram (state of consecration), and continues to recite it frequently throughout Hajj.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:36 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
[QUOTE=Imanmajed;1534054]The colour RED stands for a certain sexual preference of some men.... QUOTE]

Oh, now I understand
But when people of Bahrain wear red,which is also part of their flag,is that also considered "strange"?
Here in Europe it is more the pink colour that is difficult,because most girl clothes are pink.It is really annoying,I want to buy something for my niece but I only see pink and fuchsia,with silly stuff written on it-everything from "Princess" to strange slogans for older girls (I must say that I dislike pink ;-)
If you buy pink clothes for a boy they will probably ask you if you are not afraid he will turn gay
Many ppl donīt know that originally-e.g. in Spain,the baby boy used to be dressed in red and the girlies got blue-coloured clothes.It is a sillly stereotype IMO.Scientific research has shown that up to the age of six years girls and boys like the pink colour-but when they get older,society,media & their close friends tell men that pink is embarassing and only for females...
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Oh, now I understand
But when people of Bahrain wear red,which is also part of their flag,is that also considered "strange"?
Yes, a little bit if the men wear pure red clothes.....there may be exceptions to the rule during national day.....of course any red-colored imprints, shades and patterns are not meant by my statement.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:23 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
So I will not bring you red coloured clothes,now that I know that!
If a lady wears red,is this considered strange or can girls wear all colours they want?
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old 04-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
So I will not bring you red coloured clothes,now that I know that!
If a lady wears red,is this considered strange or can girls wear all colours they want?
Ladies can wear all colours they want.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 04-02-2013, 04:33 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
Oh,than I am happy! Why do they opt for black so often than? I particularly enjoy the blue colours that are worn by Touaregs and other people in Marocco,very beautiful colour!
Here you can see one with some embroidery/decorated fabric: Tuareg Man Dressed In Traditional Clothing With Ait
Here a different shade of blue, a little bit darker: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/arou.../10/tuareg.jpg
And because it is so nice,I will share another one - please also look at the beautiful animal: http://cperigen.files.wordpress.com/...reg-sahara.jpg
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM
berber princess's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ***, France
Posts: 51
I'm glad you hinted at Tuareg people who belong to the Berber people !


It's not directly linked to the topic but a bit of new knowledge doesn't make any harm . I think that any science and knowledge is always beneficial


here you can see some pictures of berber people's outfits. Notice that outfits are extremely colourful wich contrasts with black abayas from Arabian Peninsula...

Traditional dresses :

cute little girl :
[.ஐ.◊.ஐ.] LeS ChLeUh "BeRbReS Du SuD"... [.ஐ.◊.ஐ.] - chleh et fiere de le'tre hamdolilah !***<3...


Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant ā http://www.expressottawa.ca/media/photos/unis/photo_530731_resize.jpg

That's very very very colourful in fact :) !!!



An old berber woman Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant ā http://idata.over-blog.com/2/82/52/36/Voyage/Zarzis2--71-.jpg


I really Wonder why people In uae ,especially women ofently wear black ??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 04-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Oh,than I am happy! Why do they opt for black so often than? .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by berber princess View Post
I really Wonder why people In uae ,especially women ofently wear black ??
This is deceptive, because you get to see only her black abaya (which is traditionally black and now often found in many fashionable variates and with embroidery). Black absorbs all wavelengths of visible light. Therefore the black colour is the best to conceal what is underneath. It is cultural rather than religious. In the shimmering heat of the desert black is clearly visible over a large distance. White or sandy-colour are indistinguishable from the surrounding area. Maybe the choice of colour originated in old days so people can differ a group of women from a group of men from afar. Specially in times of tribal battles the colour differences (white and sandy-colour (men) versus black (female) guaranteed the women not be harmed during fights.

Another traditional clothing of women in UAE, the Jelabia Mukhawara, is very colorful. It can be worn under the abaya or at home. Therefore, on the road, you'll probably not get to see.

Here you will find pictures:
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/114...robe_dubai.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__Qrnvh5mAD...%2Bcostume.JPG
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~ericsoli/women.jpg

Even otherwise, the ladies wear everything you can imagine under the black abaya. Also western clothing, for example jeans and t-shirt, can be worn under a abaya.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 04-02-2013, 04:18 PM
berber princess's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ***, France
Posts: 51
Haha !! sorry I didn't see you message before posting @ Imanmajed!!

I didn't know the jelabia mukhawara ! It would be nice to see women wearing this more often even if I guess that's more uncomfortable to wear at work or outside
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 04-02-2013, 04:21 PM
berber princess's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ***, France
Posts: 51
It is said that black colour attracts the sun .

One more reason to get rid of black outfits !
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 04-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Imanmajed's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by berber princess View Post
It is said that black colour attracts the sun. One more reason to get rid of black outfits !
It is a myth that black attracts the heat, rather retain the energy of light. Darker colors like black are better absorbers of light and thereby become better radiators of heat. It's more that it just doesn't reflect light as much as lighter colors do. The darker the object, the better its emission of heat because it is a better absorber of light. The human body constantly produces heat, which must be passed somehow to the outside. Black clothes are better for dissipating heat.

1978 three zoologists at Washington State University have studied the issue for birds - white against black plumage. Her conclusion: It depends on the circumstances. In a calm enviroment, black birds was especially hot, a white feather dress cooled better. The results are returned, however, as it was a light breeze blowing in excess of 10 kilometers per hour. Because the wind carried away heat from the body and thus supports the heat radiation, the black birds suddenly had the advantage. The best was to have fluffy black feathers - that is the recommendation: wear dark, wide falling clothes at high sunlight. A black abaya is such a wide falling garment. It is perfect for the heat in Dubai.
__________________
ماجد (engl. translation: Majid)


Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 04-02-2013, 10:41 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
I donīt want to start of yet another argument,but I must say that I canīt believe black is better in the sun,because as you rightfully wrote-black absorbs all the light (also the warm rays!) while white is reflecting all the light/sun.
I had one BMW with black leather seats that got extremely hot when I left it standing outside with the sun shining on it,thatīs why I put in white towels to make it more comfortable to sit on. (Now the modern cars have active cooling inserted in the seat,that way you donīt sweat on your back in the summertime.) I sold that car and now I have a newer car with beige leather seats that are much more comfortable during summertime.Also,there is a difference between leather and textile seats,leather is getting much warmer and stores the heat longer than textiles,but that is just my experience. Maybe other people feel it differently or donīt mind the heat.
__________________

__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince joachim prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit sweden wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]