The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Judgments never after the cutouts! He is wearing very different colors. Not only white! Also other men wearing different colors. I agree with you, the sand-coloured kandourah looks great on him!

Sheikh Majid is one of us. Why he should not wear the same colors of clothes like we?
Well-he looks great with any colour,but there are certain colours that I find more appealing than others....I like the sandy-camel colour and blue kandourah most,also the brown one is nice :-)

Nothing wrong with looking like all other men,it looks nice and I have no problem with GCC clothing,but if he wears a colour I can spot him more easily

. Helen Keller
Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
1)Then he would probably sue people all his life, because a lot of rumors are running. The better way is to ignore these things with graciousness.

2)It is dangerous. All what we do is dangerous. You can die from the use of the staircase or while horseback riding under unfortunate circumstances. Security does not exist actually....Why forbid him an opportunity for themselves to be alone under the sky. I think that is a good balance in his position......
1)-> Well,if ppl gossip about harmless things,invent girlfriends,wives or rumored children,Sheikh Hamdan can have a good laugh about it and relax,but when the accusations are getting over the top I think he should take action.
At least thatīs what I would do- after all heīs in an important position and his reputation is important for his future-politically and also private because Arab mothers will hesitate to give their daughter to a man they think is not a good Muslim, no matter how good-looking and rich he is!

But you are right-not every rumour should be adressed,sometimes you make things bigger and more important than they are and itīs better to turn a blind eyes/deaf ear to the gossip,people forget very quickly

We say "Next day they are going to chase another pig through the village",meaning that tomorrow they forget about your scandal and talk about someone else and gossip about their private life

Thatīs advice that Sheikh Rashid should head-I am sure when he is winning again, no one will talk about his errors anymore and he will get back his good reputation.At least girls wonīt turn away from him,we are much more forgiving when a guy looks that hot,just like a pretty girl doesnīt need to pay bills for speedy driving when she meets a male police officer if sheīs smart

2)Being the daughter of a risk manager and trained in the theory of probability and mathematical calculations about possibilities, I can tell you that this is certainly not true

e.g it is more probable that you get knocked out by a coconut falling from a palm tree than being attacked by a shark!Thatīs widely known but nevertheless ppl fret about sharks when they swim in an ocean...also some oceans and geographical regions are more prone to shark encounters than others and if you never move out of your city in Europe without any ocean than the probability of being killed by coconuts or sharks is almost zero....

Some sports are more dangerous than others,there are statistics to prove that and I am sure you also noticed that more people get hurt when they play football than when they play ping-pong....

I didnīt say to take Sheikh Hamdan from the sky,you misinterpreted my post-I just said that if the probability of an engine failure or tragic accident with an excitor would be too high,his parents would probably not let him fly with that instrument.

. Helen Keller
Old 03-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
2)Being the daughter of a risk manager and trained in the theory of probability and mathematical calculations about possibilities, I can tell you that this is certainly not true

Some sports are more dangerous than others,there are statistics to prove that and I am sure you also noticed that more people get hurt when they play football than when they play ping-pong....

I didnīt say to take Sheikh Hamdan from the sky,you misinterpreted my post-I just said that if the probability of an engine failure or tragic accident with an excitor would be too high,his parents would probably not let him fly with that instrument.
When the day comes which Allah/ God has provided for your death, you will die. Even if you just relaxed lying on the sofa....As parents you can not "imprison" a young man for a long time for security reasons without harming him considerably.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
When the day comes which Allah/ God has provided for your death, you will die. Even if you just relaxed lying on the sofa....As parents you can not "imprison" a young man for a long time for security reasons without harming him considerably.
I am sure you would think differently if you had children yourself!!!
I donīt call parents to lock up their kids like in Fort Knox, however taking security measurements is smart.
You can rely on god/Allah to protect you and your property but still you shouldnīt be so lazy to not tie your camel to a post to prevent it from running away

Sheikh Maktoum bin Hasher said in one interview that his parents asked him to stop driving motorbikes because it is much more dangerous than cars and he obliged-thatīs what smart and well-raised children should do,Islam (and Judaism & the Bible) asks them to respect their parents and accept that they may have more experience and know some things better than us....

Of course not all the time-if they prevent you from realizing your dreams and living your life the way that suits your personality itīs the only right choice to stand up and do your own thing!
But if they ask you for your own security &well-being to stop driving dangerously or donīt take drugs/alcohol/cigarettes or any other harmful substances you would be self-destructive and stupid to not do what they expect from you....
. Helen Keller
Old 03-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I am sure you would think differently if you had children yourself!!!
I donīt call parents to lock up their kids like in Fort Knox, however taking security measurements is smart.
You can rely on god/Allah to protect you and your property but still you shouldnīt be so lazy to not tie your camel to a post to prevent it from running away

Sheikh Maktoum bin Hasher said in one interview that his parents asked him to stop driving motorbikes because it is much more dangerous than cars and he obliged-thatīs what smart and well-raised children should do,Islam (and Judaism & the Bible) asks them to respect their parents and accept that they may have more experience and know some things better than us....

Of course not all the time-if they prevent you from realizing your dreams and living your life the way that suits your personality itīs the only right choice to stand up and do your own thing!
But if they ask you for your own security &well-being to stop driving dangerously or donīt take drugs/alcohol/cigarettes or any other harmful substances you would be self-destructive and stupid to not do what they expect from you....
My statement was not meant in connection with drugs / alcohol / cigarettes.....it was merely the statement that God determines the day of our death (from Emirati / Muslim perspective) even when healthy, decent, reasonable and wise living. Better you tie up the camels feet together, right, but it would not help you against a choise made ​​by Allah / God. Parents can ask for stopping risky hobbies, but in the end it is the young man of this intends to follow on its own. I know that caution is important, but that it is not a security assurance.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Royal Highness

This one made me laugh out loud,it is a funny ad made by young Emirati men,I like the idea and the effects that are used in this video:

Young boys,aspiring falconry masters:-)
Watch in HD quality:

Here you see falconry for grown-ups and also Sheikh Hamdan speaking Arabic...again:Make sure to watch in HD quality-itīs so much better!
. Helen Keller
Old 03-22-2013, 03:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Young boys,aspiring falconry masters:-)
Cute! Especially the young boy at 3:59 min. The boys have been doing it really well for their age class. Mashallah. My heart melts.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, they are really sweet,arenīt they? They have a good bond with the animals,maybe thatīs why they are already doing so well with the falcons!
Did you also participate in one of those falconry events or did you watch one?
I think itīs a fascinating sport & a good way to spend time outdoors.
. Helen Keller
Old 03-23-2013, 12:08 AM
Royal Highness

Here is an article with lots of pics & videos of Sheikh Hamdanīs many hobbies:
JETPACKS, SAFARIS AND FALCONS: The Ridiculous Life Of The Crown Prince Of Dubai - Business Insider
Donīt be offended by the title,it actually says only good things about him,I think that Julie Zeveloff(the writer of that article)is only jealous because she didnīt get an interview or because she canīt afford Hamdanīs expensive hobbies.(Actually,I feel with her, after seeing the videos I want to try out that Xcitor flight instrument but it is costing more than my car and I didnīt find it for rent in my town:-(
A German producer is selling it for 21 742.85 Euros, but I am hoping that soon someone is going to offer it for rental in Vienna!)

Does anyone know what kind of bird he is holding in the picture "posing with his catch"?To me it looks as if it was still alive,trying to peck Hamdans nose when the photographer was shooting that picture;-)
Maybe thatīs how the sheikh got this scar on one of his eyebrows...
If the bird had his wings open it would be easier to find out what breed it is.The eyes look similiar to a partridge (all black,while falcons have a colourful,round one with dark pupils-thatīs why we can safely say that it is not a type of falcon )

By the way hereīs a picture where you can see the silhouettes of different hunting birds so you can easily identify which bird family it is: http://www.allgemeinbildung.ch/arb/a...reifvoegel.jpg
. Helen Keller
Old 03-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Does anyone know what kind of bird he is holding in the picture "posing with his catch"?

Maybe thatīs how the sheikh got this scar on one of his eyebrows...
If the bird had his wings open it would be easier to find out what breed it is.The eyes look similiar to a partridge (all black,while falcons have a colourful,round one with dark pupils-thatīs why we can safely say that it is not a type of falcon )
The bird in the picture is a kind of grouse or quail. Shot on a hunt in England / Scotland. With this animal you donīt hunt, but it is hunted by you. It is one the smallest types of pheasants. Based on the coat pattern and the size of Sheikh Hamdans catch, it is a female. This small bird isnīt responsible for the scar on his eyebrow.....

Quote:
Did you also participate in one of those falconry events or did you watch one?
Of course, me and my falcon also participate at those falconry events. But not always, only if I have time for it.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The bird in the picture is a kind of grouse or quail. Shot on a hunt in England / Scotland. With this animal you donīt hunt, but it is hunted by you. It is one the smallest types of pheasants. Based on the coat pattern and the size of Sheikh Hamdans catch, it is a female. This small bird isnīt responsible for the scar on his eyebrow.....
Thank you! I donīt know that kind of birds that well,I am more acquainted with singing birds,ducks,falcons (we have many different kinds of falcons who look & hunt differently),buzzards and eagles-because we have a lot of them in Austria! Especially close to the highway you often see small falcons or buzzards,I believe they are waiting for other birds to be knocked over by cars,but I am not sure,maybe they just like to watch the speed of the cars...

Here is a picture of a grouse whose colour looks similiar to Hamdanīs catch: BfN | NaturSportInfo | Informationen zu Birkhuhn

I also think Sheikh Hamdanīs photomodel-bird is/was a female because they are usually smaller and less colourful,male grouses have beautiful head "accessoires",almost all birds have a prettier male than females who are smaller and with less interesting coloured feathers...
Here is a pretty picture of Austrian "Hazel-grouses" (Haselhuhn in German) that clearly shows the different looks of f&m: http://austria-forum.org/attach/Wiss..._Haselhuhn.jpg

When you chose a bird for falconry do you prefer males or females? I think females must be easier to train while male birds are more impressive for their size & feathers!Can you tell us?
In Hamburg I have seen many "Wanderfalken",they have a bird protection area around the airport -creating such protected natural reservates is a great idea,however around the airport not very smart because they have a lot of bird strikes
That doesnīt only kill/injure the birds but also creates a huge danger for the pilots & their passengers when they depart or arrive with the airplanes...
In other airports they hire people to make the birds fly away and sometimes they also shoot at them-either with blank ammunition or real one....
. Helen Keller
Old 03-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Gentry

A bit out of topic but how did Sheikh Hamdan actually got his scar on the eyebrow?
Old 03-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Royal Highness

I donīt know how,I was just making a silly joke when I said that maybe he got picked on by a bird....

I also donīt know when he got it-we would need to take a look back at the pictures till we see it.Or maybe imanmajed can fill us in,as he was so sure that it was not a "bird strike"

Here is a picture from 2006 where you can clearly see his brows are intact: Hamdan bin Rashid orders severe penalties for traffic violatorsUAE - The Official Web Site - News

Whatever (Whoever? broken-ed woman?!?) was responsible for that scar-It must have happened somewhere in 2007...
. Helen Keller
Old 03-24-2013, 05:17 AM
Aristocracy

The scar was there long befor 2006 , I think this photo either was photoshopped or taking in a way that did not show the scar.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 AM
Royal Highness

Well,than it probably happened during his childhood,nothing exceptional-only that it is visible in his face,but for a man I think a few scars donīt diminish his beauty,sometimes a few scars can add to the charms and tell a story:-)
My brother fell on the radiator when he was very young,he was sent to hospital and his wound was stitched,however he still has a little scar on his head-but it is only visible to ppl who know.
. Helen Keller
Old 03-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
When you chose a bird for falconry do you prefer males or females? I think females must be easier to train while male birds are more impressive for their size & feathers!Can you tell us?
Female falcons are better for hunting. This selection has nothing to do with the trainability. Females hunt more aggressive and more successful than males. That's the reason why we prefer to choose female falcons.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:05 AM
Serene Highness

In pictures: Earth Hour in the UAE

Major landmarks including Zayed Grand Mosque and Burj Khalifa go dark for an hour: In pictures: Earth Hour in the UAE | GulfNews.com

Earth Hour sees landmarks go dark in Abu Dhabi | GulfNews.com

Old 03-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
In pictures: Earth Hour in the UAE

Major landmarks including Zayed Grand Mosque and Burj Khalifa go dark for an hour: In pictures: Earth Hour in the UAE | GulfNews.com

Earth Hour sees landmarks go dark in Abu Dhabi | GulfNews.com
Thanks for the pictures,I had to look for a very long time at the first one to recognize it is a human wrist with some kind of watch-isnīt it?
Especially Shaikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi looks great at night,very beautiful!Nice to see that so many ppl are coming together,making music and having a great time-in Austria we didnīt have many gatherings outside for the simple reason that winter struck back! (Yes-we did already have some pleasant springlike days full of sun...!) But now with all the snow and wind itīs not comfortable to spend much time outside unless you are doing some kind of sport to keep warm!
. Helen Keller
Old 03-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Gentry

Sheikh Majid inaugured the Zayed university Carnival 2013 :)

@blauerengel as I said :)
Old 03-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures,I had to look for a very long time at the first one to recognize it is a human wrist with some kind of watch-isnīt it?
Yes it is a human wrist with a kind of logo of Earth Hour Day. But it isnīt a real kind of clock.