The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Poetry Of, Inspired Or By Royals

Here are some poems by Arabian royals/rulers, there is the beautiful one Hamdan wrote for his mother, one by Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and one Mohammed wrote for Princess Haya ( to me it seems as if he recycled some parts from a different poem he wrote or at least used very similiar phrasing) but most interesting I find
"A complaint against myself" which he wrote for...? Well, itīs worth a read- I didnīt know where to post this,so I hope itīs right here:-)

Old 08-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Courtier

A video about Sheikh Hamdan in portuguese:
Paixão pelo paraquedismo faz príncipe de Dubai investir no esporte | sportv.com

Old 08-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Commoner

I did not understand much.... but the video was very instructive! And very long...
Thanks for posting it!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamy K. View Post
I did not understand much.... but the video was very instructive! And very long...
Thanks for posting it!!!!!!!
You're welcome
We need a portuguese translator in the forum
Old 08-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
You're welcome
We need a portuguese translator in the forum
You GOT your wish done babe!! I can speak fluent portuguese and the video is solely about how sheikh hamdan supports Skydiving and hes hired only the best skydiving trainers to b part of his skydiving team. Mostly brazilians and an american guy as well and that place where his got his private tunnel is NOT his palace. That's his private playground for him and his closest friends. Therefore its not open for the "public" and that's outside his house.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Commoner

Sheikh Nasser and Sheema

I looked and I didn't see this posted yet (I might have missed it tho.) Its a video of Sheikh Mohammed's granddaughter Sheema and her father Sheikh Nasser. Its not pictures, hes talking and holding her during some type of interview. Hes really cute with her. I wish I knew what he was saying. At one point he tries to get Sheema to shake hands with someone and say hi. Adorable!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Courtier

He said Sheema is supporting him in every race, and that he will win that day just to honour her so she will come in every race with him
Thanks for the video too.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Commoner

It appears that no one mentioned it yet but Sheikh Mohammad has a new iPhone app out. It's free and it is really great. It features two languages (Arabic and English) News, Sports, photos, videos, and poems. You can upload what you want to share at Facebook or Twitter with the touch of a button. Very nicely done. I am not sure if there is one for Android (or Blackberry). The name of it is "H.H.S MbR"
Old 08-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
He said Sheema is supporting him in every race, and that he will win that day just to honour her so she will come in every race with him
Thanks for the video too.
Awwww! Thanks for the translation. He seems very sweet. You're welcome. I'm usually unsure of posting cuz I never know whats already been posted.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Royal Highness

It always makes me happy to see such a happy family:-) That video is really cuteSheema has such huge eyes,maybe she can cast magic spells to make her fathers horse faster & stronger, I remember some time ago he had to drop out because one of the horses was injured or unable to run for some reason,but I canīt remember when....
Old 08-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

Sheikh Majid,Hamdan,Rashid Dalmook,Nasser from Bahrain and Mohammed- endurance ride with short interviews at the end, I donīt know who won the competition *lol* Maybe someone can find out if you listen to the Arabic voice in the background...any suggestions? Mohammed came second,Hamdan won 3rd place & they donīt show the other results or I have overlooked them....
Old 08-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post

Sheikh Majid,Hamdan,Rashid Dalmook,Nasser from Bahrain and Mohammed- endurance ride with short interviews at the end, I donīt know who won the competition *lol* Maybe someone can find out if you listen to the Arabic voice in the background...any suggestions? Mohammed came second,Hamdan won 3rd place & they donīt show the other results or I have overlooked them....
The emirati team won the competition. Sheikh Mohd came first as ususal. It was last year in Kentucky.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:00 AM
Commoner

Maria Alvarez Ponton won the race individually followed by Sheikh Mohd. (2nd) and Hamdan (3rd). But its the UAE Team which won the endurance competition since Majid came out 6th and Rashid Bin Dalmook 7th.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:04 AM
Royal Highness

Now I remember reading an article about Maria in a newspaper,I just didnīt know it was this race:-) Itīs cool that in this sport women and men can compete against each other not like in other sports where you have seperate teams for women and men!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:34 PM

I looked up Maria on Google and I came across this picture of her after winning a race probably and she is hugging (I think) Sheikh Mohammed???
- First time posting.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:34 PM

Sorry!! I forgot to add the link!!
Google Images
Old 08-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamara-khan21 View Post
I looked up Maria on Google and I came across this picture of her after winning a race probably and she is hugging (I think) Sheikh Mohammed???
- First time posting.
Yes, it's def Sheikh Mohammed.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Commoner

So i found the video where Maria wins the first place, and Mo & Hamdan closely after. I LOOOOVE the part where Mo hugs her and sincerely congratulates her!

I hope you enjoy the video! ^_~

I adore the hug and the little kiss!!!!! it's around minute 4:00....ish
Old 08-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Aristocracy

Who is Maria??
Old 08-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Aristocracy

they are talking about Maria Mercedes an endurance rider from spain/ she rides in uae for sh.mohammed (her husband works at the stable too) and she won the endurance world cup twice last one was right after she gave birth 9her son was only 7 weeks old)mashallah!