The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofuae View Post
I think Shaikha speaks and writes the best. Haha I love her!!!
of course,princessofuae,you know it best:-) I was just talking about the people I have met and until now I haven`t met any other girl but Maitha!
Huh,why are you on this forum anyway?You probably know much,much more than all of us together:-)
I´m coming here to get some nice pics and exchanging a little bit of gossip...my boyfriend is working in Endurance by the way,that`s why I met some of the Al Maktoums but just very,very briefly and so I just have seen/heard little of them!

Old 12-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Royal Highness

BUT plz don't compare P Haya to them, I think you don't have the slightest idea about her education! P Haya speaks 5 languages(arabic, english, french, german & spanish) and she graduated from Oxford university with an honours degree BA MA in politics!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, she has a great educational background,I think that`s one reason why sheikh mohammed married her-because she is an educated,intellectual woman (even though I sometimes wonder about it when I see her speaking) but she is definitely very ambitious and her english is really great.
I also read somewhere that she speaks Russian...well,but it`s nice that she speaks German because that`s my mother tongue
I prefer her talking in Arabic even though I don´t understand most of it...

Old 12-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness

Talking about the qualification of the Al Maktoum girls and Sheikh Hamdan-
It reminds me of something that Virginia Woolf has written in "A room of one`s own": there are some men "who have no apparent qualification save that they are not women."

It`s better in German:Manche Männer haben keine sichtbare Qualifikation,außer der,dass sie keine Frauen sind.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Talking about the qualification of the Al Maktoum girls and Sheikh Hamdan-
It reminds me of something that Virginia Woolf has written in "A room of one`s own": there are some men "who have no apparent qualification save that they are not women."

It`s better in German:Manche Männer haben keine sichtbare Qualifikation,außer der,dass sie keine Frauen sind.

but of course I don`t want to say that Sheikh Hamdan is not qualified-but honestly,his English is a shame

I just wonder what good position some of the girls would have got if they had been born with another gender
Old 12-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Gentry

I agree no one should doubt Haya's English,as like you said, she has a degree in a language other than her own which is a tremendous achievement.

But I don't think she is good at speeches. A good speaker sells the subject to everyone who is listening. I turn off Haya's as her delivery drives me nuts!
Old 12-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Royal Highness

yes,her voice is so annoying! you can tell that she is just reading something that some smart person has written out for her...argggg!
but maybe it is because she is not as independent as we believe she is and that she has to talk about every decision and every speech with sheikh mohamed?
but let me tell you, in Arabic she has a much better voice!
In English she sounds like a little girl, a version of Little Orphan Annie.....
Old 12-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
of course,princessofuae,you know it best:-) I was just talking about the people I have met and until now I haven`t met any other girl but Maitha!
Huh,why are you on this forum anyway?You probably know much,much more than all of us together:-)
I´m coming here to get some nice pics and exchanging a little bit of gossip...my boyfriend is working in Endurance by the way,that`s why I met some of the Al Maktoums but just very,very briefly and so I just have seen/heard little of them!
Im on this forum because of many reasons. Its basically I thing to do besides being a student! I wasn't saying you were wrong in ANY way at all! I am sorry if anything I said offended you... :) I don't really know why you would get upset, I didn't really say anything wrong to you though. Is there any reason why you think I should not be on the forums? Just because I speak to them shouldn't be a good enough reason. I am glad you got to meet Maitha she is a really nice person.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Nobility

princessofuae why r u apologizing? u haven't said or done anything wrong...everyone is entitled to their own opinion..but u did nothing wrong
Old 12-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Commoner

wooo she can speak 5 languages, no wonder she have the best english among that family..... anyway, she has her high achievement in her education and knowledge...it good for al maktoum family, since others family members dont have high education achievement except few of them.......
Old 12-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Commoner

I agree with the people who say that Princess Haya has an annoying voice. It is really hard to listen.
I have never heard her speaking an other language beside arabic and english. If she can speak more languages, can someone post an interview?
For me it is not enough to tell everybody how much languages she can speak - please give us a proof.
As I was a student, I've also learnd spanish an french - but I wouldn't say I can speak it just because I had lessons.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Commoner

yeah, i get ur point..coz i was doing the same too when i took my Spanish and Japanese lesson........but for P. Haya, i just can say maybe her voice is annoying coz she read out the speech but not really giving a speech.......... i oni heard her in english and arab......... most of the time....
Old 12-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Gentry

P haya never lived in Jordan, after her graduation she lived in Germany, Spain and finally in Paris before getting married with Sheikh MO. And that's how she learned the german language, spanish & she was speaking french before her graduation, actually when you do a BA in politics, they teach you french, same for Sheikha Mozah's daughters(Hind&Mayassa). That's my point, P Haya is very well educated and obviously almost all of her videos are in arabic & english!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Gentry

I have to correct myself, she left Jordan in 1985 whe she was 11 BUT of course she spent her holidays with her family in Jordan....:))
Old 12-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatisse taleb View Post
P haya never lived in Jordan, after her graduation she lived in Germany, Spain and finally in Paris before getting married with Sheikh MO. And that's how she learned the german language, spanish & she was speaking french before her graduation, actually when you do a BA in politics, they teach you french, same for Sheikha Mozah's daughters(Hind&Mayassa). That's my point, P Haya is very well educated and obviously almost all of her videos are in arabic & english!!!

she can speak German? I doubt that because it is not long ago that she visited Germany and she gave every interview in english (or at least every interview I have seen).
Old 12-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Gentry

I was wrong, she spekas 6 lol. P Haya: "I started learning languages and that really helped. I love communicating with people on their own terms. I guess horses taught me that. I can speak six languages now. I also love to write."

Here is the link: The Official Website of HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein - Profiles and Articles
Old 12-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

when she was in Aachen /Germany she concluded her speech in German
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 12-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Royal Highness

[QUOTE=princessofuae;1027503]Im on this forum because of many reasons. Its basically I thing to do besides being a student! I wasn't saying you were wrong in ANY way at all! I am sorry if anything I said offended you... :) I don't really know why you would get upset, I didn't really say anything wrong to you though. Is there any reason why you think I should not be on the forums? Just because I speak to them shouldn't be a good enough reason. I am glad you got to meet Maitha she is a really nice person.

hello princessofuae,i was not offended at all
u supply us with so many firsthand-informations and lovely pictures,that`s great- I was just wondering why you are here because obviously you have much better sources of information than we have
we are all ( or just speaking for myself) just picking together informations that we read in the magazins,online and then we chat a little bit or use our imagination to understand some things!
what are you studying?do you study in dubai?
Old 12-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra View Post
I agree with the people who say that Princess Haya has an annoying voice. It is really hard to listen.
yes, I also agree,just because u are in the lessons u are not fluent in a foreign language:-)
it is just like you don`t become a car just by standing in a garage!
well, but as P Haya is excellent in English I just assumed that she would be great in other languages too
well, my mum speaks 5 languages fluently,so maybe P Haya speaks 6 languages?well,different than my mother she didn`t have to work so she has more time to practise and learn! But I am really looking forward to anybody who posts videos of her speaking german,spanish or whatever!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Princess Haya don´t speak spanish when she lives in Spain she was at hospital and she needed a traductor, perhaps she only know some words.
And when any royal give an speech she/he can speak in another language and is not neccesary that she/he speak it, only need memorize the speech. But I don´t know if she speaks french or german.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Gentry

The Official Website of HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein - Profiles and Articles

According to her official website, she speaks 6 not 5 BUT 6.