The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 11-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: klang, Malaysia
Posts: 40
hay, i'm new here.actually i been follow all the posts these few months, and try to know better about al maktoum family...i like Rashid and of coz, Hamdan..^^..

by the way, i saw some posts about a video which Rashid loss his temper....i try to find it, but fail........can anyone post the link or tell me where can i find it......thanks a lots.......^^
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 11-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: klang, Malaysia
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanalique View Post
video
can anyone pls translate what are sheikh rashid and sheikh hamdan is talking.....sorry to bring up this, coz i saw this video in recent...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 12-03-2009, 03:30 PM
salma's Avatar
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---, Portugal
Posts: 8,833
__________________
TRF BLOG
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 12-03-2009, 06:01 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
can`t somebody spend princess haya a good,strongly brewed coffe?she talks as if she was almost falling asleep!When I go to Dubai I will bring her some good Viennese coffe:-) Well,it is obvious that she is only reading speeches that have been written for her-no offense,I really like her,but she`s not a good speaker.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 12-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Lindinha856's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Miami, United States
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
can`t somebody spend princess haya a good,strongly brewed coffe?she talks as if she was almost falling asleep!When I go to Dubai I will bring her some good Viennese coffe:-) Well,it is obvious that she is only reading speeches that have been written for her-no offense,I really like her,but she`s not a good speaker.
her voice irks the heck out of me...Just SOOOOOO annoying..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 12-04-2009, 03:42 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: klang, Malaysia
Posts: 40
well, i have to say her english is the best among the Sheikh Mo family...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 12-04-2009, 04:10 AM
faith_g's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LA, United States
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by winx_pc View Post
well, i have to say her english is the best among the Sheikh Mo family...
i agree...do mo's daughters speak good english?
we've heard maitha but wut bout sheikha hind's daughters?
__________________
Faith_g
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 12-04-2009, 04:34 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_g View Post
i agree...do mo's daughters speak good english?
we've heard maitha but wut bout sheikha hind's daughters?
The girls have been to english speaking schools and the older ones who have been to university has been all in english, so I would say yes they do speak good english, read & write as well.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 12-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_g View Post
i agree...do mo's daughters speak good english?
we've heard maitha but wut bout sheikha hind's daughters?
yes, the girls speak English very well. They are taught English at a young age. Sheikh Mohammed had them taught English because the guys get to go abroad and learn the language and have a lot of freedom and in a way he wants the girls to be the same but no abroad. But at the the girls speak more fluently then the guys. They write perfectly as well.

Shaikha, Maitha, Latifa(1), and Maryam(1 and 2) are the more modern English speakers. Futtaim, Manal, Latifa(2) and Hessa are more traditional Arabic speakers. Shamsa is both actually...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 12-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: klang, Malaysia
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofuae View Post
yes, the girls speak English very well. They are taught English at a young age. Sheikh Mohammed had them taught English because the guys get to go abroad and learn the language and have a lot of freedom and in a way he wants the girls to be the same but no abroad. But at the the girls speak more fluently then the guys. They write perfectly as well.

Shaikha, Maitha, Latifa(1), and Maryam(1 and 2) are the more modern English speakers. Futtaim, Manal, Latifa(2) and Hessa are more traditional Arabic speakers. Shamsa is both actually...
well, in facts, these guys didn't speak fluent English although they are learning abroad
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 12-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by winx_pc View Post
well, in facts, these guys didn't speak fluent English although they are learning abroad
Yes, you are right but it is much easier to learn from someone who is teaching you one on one then interacting with English speaking people and picking up their accents, and in only a matter of a couple of years...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 12-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Lindinha856's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Miami, United States
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by winx_pc View Post
well, in facts, these guys didn't speak fluent English although they are learning abroad
i know right!! huauhahuahuauha "learning abroad"...
Hamdan's english is a disaster!!! SHAME ON HIM!! he has enough time and $ to hire the best english teacher so he could be fluent but apparently he must think his english is great...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 12-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindinha856 View Post
i know right!! huauhahuahuauha "learning abroad"...
Hamdan's english is a disaster!!! SHAME ON HIM!! he has enough time and $ to hire the best english teacher so he could be fluent but apparently he must think his english is great...
Rashid's handle of English is very good. You can tell he interacts with a lot of English speakers and is very comfortable speaking. Hamdan's English is a disaster...I guess it is possible to finish Sandhurst's 2 year military training without picking up too much English....

It seems a shame that Mo would put so little effort in the professional development of his sons (and daughters for that matter...when will one of THEM become a minister or even ruler...wishful thinking much? I guess so.). After watching Hamdan deliver that speech at the economic summit, I was not at all impressed. It didn't bother me that he spoke in Arabic the audience had translators, but it bothers me that the substance of the speech put the blame for Dubai's financial situation on the laps of western institutions. Surely they share a responsibility but not to the extent that DW is a functionary of the state apparatus. Mo has not handled this very well, and he's taking Hamdan down with him. If only Mo had kept that boy in school...maybe say...college...then business school/masters...Sorry to say he's just not coming off as uniquely qualified vis a vis...Maktoum. Hey, are there any videos of Maktoum giving a speech?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 12-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: klang, Malaysia
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofuae View Post
Yes, you are right but it is much easier to learn from someone who is teaching you one on one then interacting with English speaking people and picking up their accents, and in only a matter of a couple of years...
our country, we have to learn 3 languages at once in primary and secondary school, and english is one of them.......everyone in my country can speak english although english is not my national language........maybe they just not exposed to english environment.......maybe although in British, they just hang out with their 'own friends' and rashid do speak good english, at least better then hamdan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 12-05-2009, 07:34 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
definitely,princess haya has the best english of the al maktoum clan-i just don`t like her voice,but somebody else may do.
sheikh rashid has a good pronounciation but his vocabulary is not that broad (or maybe he was a little bit nervous in front of the camera?)
sheikh majed is also very good in english-he has no accent at all but I don`t know wheter he has a broad vocabulary because he didn`t say anything else to me then "Hello, how do you do?"...
well,I think from the girls sheikha Maitha (the daughter who does karate) is probably the best because she is very ambitious but I didn`t meet the rest of the girls.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 12-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: klang, Malaysia
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
definitely,princess haya has the best english of the al maktoum clan-i just don`t like her voice,but somebody else may do.
sheikh rashid has a good pronounciation but his vocabulary is not that broad (or maybe he was a little bit nervous in front of the camera?)
sheikh majed is also very good in english-he has no accent at all but I don`t know wheter he has a broad vocabulary because he didn`t say anything else to me then "Hello, how do you do?"...
well,I think from the girls sheikha Maitha (the daughter who does karate) is probably the best because she is very ambitious but I didn`t meet the rest of the girls.
totally agree with u but how u know majed didnt have accent, coz i havent heard him in english before.........anyway, rashid and maitha are good......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 12-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I think from the girls sheikha Maitha (the daughter who does karate) is probably the best because she is very ambitious but I didn`t meet the rest of the girls.
I think Shaikha speaks and writes the best. Haha I love her!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 12-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Fatisse taleb's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Reims, France
Posts: 65
Actually almost all the girls are very fluent in speaking, nothing to do with their brothers! I agree with you guys, it's a real shame :(( BUT plz don't compare P Haya to them, I think you don't have the slightest idea about her education! P Haya speaks 5 languages(arabic, english, french, german & spanish) and she graduated from Oxford university with an honours degree BA MA in politics!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 12-05-2009, 05:33 PM
sana's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ........., Saudi Arabia
Posts: 531
I'm surprised at this talk

Surely there is reasonable cause for the presence of them come on

I did not know that she speaks several languages

Thank you
__________________
Sana Al Aoun
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 12-05-2009, 05:51 PM
faith_g's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LA, United States
Posts: 281
how come mo's older daughters are university graduates, or attended university, but younger one's aren't?...i mean they're getting married and poppin out kids at a very young age...
__________________

__________________
Faith_g
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman picture of the month poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]