Sheikha Hind current events: February 2006-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
official wife must b a sheikha or his first wife tht he married publically
sh.hind is dubai's first lady she is also his cuzin...as u kno sheikhs marry from the sheikhas onlii...
phaya is his 4th wife ((if im nt rong))...so sh.hind always comes first in dubai..
many ppl kno in the uae tht p haya is not much accepted by the ppl..

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any particular reason why Sheikha Hind is always hiding and Princess Haya is always out in public either by herself or with Sheikh Mohammed?
sheikhas dont usually go in public...or the press
p haya before her marriage with sh.mohammed was in the press and her pics r all over the net...shezz famous:)
sh.hind is seen onlii in women gatherings but not on the tv...

Maryamii is right, it's tradition that Shka. Hind's picture never be shown to the public. Hind is the "traditional" wife while Haya is the "modern".

lol i like tht tradition n modern thingyy:p

well sh.hind has a crystal reputation in dubai...and all the ppl love her...she participaten in charities n women societies...but she appears onli in the women occasions...

on the other hand p haya participates in charity publically coz she is seen in public b4 her marriage to sh.mohammed...
the ppl of the uae dont accept phaya much..

They marry a sheikha first (from family or other close relation) and the marriage is being acknowledged. What they do then is up to them, eg Sheikh Mohammed obviously has two more wives who are not publicly acknowledged; I think Haya is a special case, due to her royal title and given she was a well known figure, regulary performing royal duties for Jordan there was no other way to marry in public and make her officially his wife. If she had been a no name she had joined the two others in secrecy.

I am born as a Muslim in Bosnia but I am not a practicing one. So I would like to ask all ladies that are from Emirates or other Muslim countries, what do they think about a wife " not being acknowledged"? Isn't that same as being someone's mistress? Or are they referred as an "unacknowledged" just because they have a child with Sheik, otherwise no one would mention them?

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q213/riana2601/SheikhaDrHindAlQassimi.jpg?t=1194400842

Sheikha Dr. Hind Bint Maktoum is the senior wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, crown prince of Dubai. They were married in 1980. Hind is the first cousin of the Sheikh and the mother of fourteen of his sons and daughters.

She is not a public figure and tends to keep a low profile in the society, particularly in comparison to his junior wife, Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein. Nevertheless, she is generally regarded favourably by the public at large

Educational expert in the Technical office of His Excellency Minister of Education.

Class Education:
1976-1980: License of arts (sociology) Kuwait University.
1988-1992: Ma. Of Sociology- Ain Shams University/ Egypt.
1992-1996: PhD- Ain, Shams University/ Egypt.

Personal Recognition:
1980-1981: Sociologist
1981-1982: Deputy School Headmistress
1982-1984: School Headmistress
1986-1988: Head Of Coordination in library Administration Ministry of Education.

Achievement :
AbuDhabi Women Union Associating Member (setting up a special report concerning) Women and Education in the UAE.
Board member of consultation council- sociology Department/ Sharjah University.
2000-2005: Member of executive committee of Sharjah business women council.
2000-2003: Educational expert- planning and developing office/ Ministry of Education.
2003- present: Educational expert in the technical office of H.E. Ministry of Education.

Published books:
1993/1994: " The effects of education and work on women in decision taking".
1996/1997: " Constancy and variability of UAE Women Education.

Is that a real picture of Sheikha Hind? I thought that her picture was not released. Well, if that is or isn't her, she is a very beautiful woman in the picture.

Is that a real picture of Sheikha Hind? I thought that her picture was not released. Well, if that is or isn't her, she is a very beautiful woman in the picture.

btw, u can refer tru this website..Dubai Police

the woman in the pis is sh.hind al qassimy...not from the maktoums:)

riana, your source was not reliable.

As maryamii has pointed out, this Sheikha is an Al Qasimi, not an Al Maktoum. The Dubai Police link styles her HH (Her Highness) so it would appear that she is a member of the Sharjah or Ras Al Khaimah ruling family. Whatever the case, the Dubai Police Sheikha's accomplishments are certainly impressive!

Last edited:
As maryamii has pointed out, this Sheikha is an Al Qasimi, not an Al Maktoum. The Dubai Police link styles her HH (Her Highness) so it would appear that she is a member of the Sharjah or Ras Al Khaimah ruling family. Whatever the case, the Dubai Police Sheikha's accomplishments are certainly impressive!

If this was Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum's (Mo's first official wife) CV she must have been superwoman in disguise, I mean such a career and giving birth to twelve kids along the way ... :lol: How would that work? Sheikha Hind never had a career in that sense but has been working for many good causes in the background (she has many patronages) in order to improve the life of the local people. I am sure she has known and understood her role from the beginning and Mo is quite happy with her attitude. Being the mother of most of his kids and probably the future CP she will always play an important role in his life I guess.

sh.hind is the mother of sh.mo 12 kids...and raised sh mayed n sh.maitha ((nt sure bt read it in a forum))
so ...she stands 1st n will remain mohammeds official wife...she is loved bt the ppl of dubai mre thn p.haya

sh.hind is the mother of sh.mo 12 kids...and raised sh mayed n sh.maitha ((nt sure bt read it in a forum))
so ...she stands 1st n will remain mohammeds official wife...she is loved bt the ppl of dubai mre thn p.haya

I think Majid, Maitha and Mo's other kids were raised by their moms. I am guessing that some of the boys live together now, whereas the girls still remain with their mothers.

well hope so... sh.mo did not divorce mayid n maithas mother...
do all the kids live in the zabeel palace with sh.hind...or all r seperated?

There are no pictures of Sheikha Hind in the gallery link you've posted. Those are random pictures of the occasion.

And who is that woman in white on the pictures? I taught that is Hind.

I dont think many pictures of H.H Sheikha Hind are about. But i know that her younger daughters Sheikha Futaim, Sheikha Maryam and Sheikha look very like her

Firstly Sheikha Hind has never been photographed.
Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed looks like THE MOST his mum Sheikha Hind.

and the only first lady and official lady of dubai is Sheikha Hind.
How can some people think that I really don't know.Not Being Photographing doesn't mean that she sits in desert or in a house.

This is only conservative culture of Dubai and this is SHEIKHA HIND's decision.She doesn't want to be in public and also lots of Sheikhas.I don't know why they chose this way but they are happy with that.

She doesn't hide anywhere ,she does lots of things in Dubai and you can also meet her in Dubai and you can see her.
Some of still think that she doesn't do anything,she hides.
Princess Haya is in public.
Sheikha Hind is very active woman in Dubai.She doesn't sit in a house or in a desert.

Hi Turkish Delight! It seems to me you have seen Sheikha Hind, right? I'm also interested in this lady whose pics have never been seen. But I'm also interested in that "official wife" thing. I mean: what makes the wife official? I thought that announcing the marriage publicly makes it "official" but now I'm not that sure any more.

I have never seen Sheikha Hind.I read lots of forums about her ,I have lots of friends from Dubai and I know lots of things about her.
Dubaians love Hind.
Sheikha Hind is official wife because she is %100 Emirati and %100 Maktoum.Sheikh Mohammed's first cousin.(In Uae Tradition people get married with their cousins)

the only thing i dont understand abt shka hind is why sh mohammed doesnt seem to appreciate her more. obviously, i dont know what goes on behind closed doors but he married haya, had multiple children w other women and i read on THIS website that he was in love w a daughter of shk zayed al nahyan but they wouldnt allow her to marry him bc of shka hind. she is most certainly well taken care of, her children and people(emeratis)would make sure of that. i hope the kids give haya some attitude! i would if my mother was in that situation! we can only hope she is happy w the love of her children, her religion, her charitible work,and all the people in dubai, uae and around the world. she is most certainly a women to respect!

i agree with all of the comments regarding sheikha hind being the "official" wife of sheikh mohammed. i lived in abu dhabi for a period of time. princess haya AND sheikha manal are not accepted in their new roles. the old guard favors hind. i think they resent manal because she is not full emerati.

i am sure shka hind is proud of her son the new crown pince of dubai. i hope she will help guide him with his new job!

i have a question:
is Sheikha Hind interested in horse riding? just wondering...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom