The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2010, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Lets remember that this is a current events thread and not a comparative thread between Sheikha Hind & Princess Haya,
so lets get back on topic please.

Thanks

Old 05-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
...what I have in my mind is that royal women are not safe;
Not safe from what?

Old 05-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Nobility

She means from being betrayed or left in my opinion
Old 05-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana8585 View Post
the only thing i dont understand abt shka hind is why sh mohammed doesnt seem to appreciate her more. obviously, i dont know what goes on behind closed doors but he married haya, had multiple children w other women and i read on THIS website that he was in love w a daughter of shk zayed al nahyan but they wouldnt allow her to marry him bc of shka hind. she is most certainly well taken care of, her children and people(emeratis)would make sure of that. i hope the kids give haya some attitude! i would if my mother was in that situation! we can only hope she is happy w the love of her children, her religion, her charitible work,and all the people in dubai, uae and around the world. she is most certainly a women to respect!
hmmm.... could that be a relation of princess fahdah of jordan?
Also, How may wives does shiekh mk have? 4? and i understand he has 12 children from the first one, how many does he have from each of the others (one daughter with Haya, right?). lastly, if someone could tell me: after how many years of marriage with shiekha Hind did he marry his second wife, and was she a commoner?
and also, where can i see bios/ pictures of the other two wives( between Haya and Hind)
Old 05-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsofsky View Post
She means from being betrayed or left in my opinion
yes that is what I meant
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 08-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Commoner

Sheikha Hind seems a bit quiet lately.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sheikha Hind donates AED 250k for orphans in Dubai

Sheikha Hind Bint Maktoum Bint Juma'a Al-Maktoum, Wife of Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has sponsored the Dar Al-Birr Orphanage's 5th annual celebrations, held Saturday at the Dubai World Trade Center.

Sheikha Hind has donated AED 250000 in gifts for the orphans to help them celebrate the Eid Al-Fitr (which marks the end of Ramadan) in style. - WAM
Old 09-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quite a nice gesture from Sheikha Hind. She does tend to be a bit quiet but she does do some really nice things when she does do something.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:56 PM

hey guys Im new to the forums and I think that sheikha hind is a very smart and wise woman even though I think she should show herself a little more, but
I admire the role that she has taken it shows she is very classy and powerful woman.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Gentry

sheikha hind as teen 13 years old sheikha hind bint maktotm bin juma al maktoum | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 11-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Gentry

great job dior
Old 11-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Gentry

Is this really Sheikha Hind? I knew it was a Hint Bint Maktoum from the Magnum website below but not sure whether the actual?

Dior - how do you know this?

If it is, the original full colour version can be seen on the Magnum website of Eve Arnold's documentary "Behind the Veil" which covered a maktoum wedding. It is photo 4. It is a lovely photo in colour particularly whether it is her or not!

You can also see lots of other great photos from that documentary including a lovely pic of a young Sheikh Mohammed looking He is photo 6 but is labelled as his brother Maktoum.

Eve Arnold was a great photographer!

Link: Magnumphotos
Old 11-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Gentry

Maryam, Sheikha Hind's daughter, said on her page that the documentary behind the veil was about her mother when she was 13 years old. So that must be her picture, as it coincides with what Maryam wrote on her twitter page. Anyway, she looks just like the girl (her mom). There is definitely a blood relation. I like the picture of the 'wife of an Abu Dhabi Sheikh' and the picture of the woman with the jewelry on her feet. I like seeing the old bedouin 22kt jewelry. I find it really beautiful.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Gentry

Thanks for the response Arabian Star. So Mariam seems to be confirming that her mom was in the documentary. The girl does look like the daughters I agree.

I would love to see the documentary. Has anyone seen it?

The photos are so beautiful; such colour and jewellery on the women and the great photo moments.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
Thanks for the response Arabian Star. So Mariam seems to be confirming that her mom was in the documentary. The girl does look like the daughters I agree.

I would love to see the documentary. Has anyone seen it?

The photos are so beautiful; such colour and jewellery on the women and the great photo moments.

She doesn't really say her mum was in it, she says

Quote:
I just found out that BBC did a whole documentary about mum when she was 11years old.. So cute ♥ !!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:09 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
She doesn't really say her mum was in it, she says
Then she says later on:

The documentary is called "behind the veil" .. Since its been like ages ago I guess you should dig deep to find it :p
12:40 PM Nov 4th via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Old 11-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Nobility

well whenever that was done, the girl in the pic looks jus like sheikha maryam n if i remember right also talked about how much her and her mom look alike
Old 12-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Gentry

After going through the pictures, I think it is very sad that there is no picture of Sheikha Hind I really would like to see a picture of that woman who is the mother of these beautiful children!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Commoner

Anea18, you are true.
Are there some pictures of Sheikha Hind? Google doesn't show any relevant..
I've read that she doesn't like publicity, but there must be some pictures of her.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresita View Post
Anea18, you are true.
Are there some pictures of Sheikha Hind? Google doesn't show any relevant..
I've read that she doesn't like publicity, but there must be some pictures of her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anea18 View Post
After going through the pictures, I think it is very sad that there is no picture of Sheikha Hind I really would like to see a picture of that woman who is the mother of these beautiful children!!!

If you read previous posts it has been mentioned that there are no pictures of Sheikha Hind, she is not photographed in public nor are there leaked pictures of her

Tags
sheikha hind