The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Gentry

well sheikha Hind isn't public like Phaya, the most of sheikhas in the gulf aren't public it's their culture. But i read in Sheikh Rashid website(her eldest son) that she looks exactly like her daughter Mariam(third one i think) and of course she's gorgeous. It's a shame that we can't see her photos.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Friend View Post
Why does everyone think it is the man's idea to keep the wife in the background? Did you ever consider that maybe Sheikha Hind doesn't want the limelight?
Thank you,that's the first comment that actually accredits that sheika hind has her own will and doesn't need anybody elses permission.
I think she must be very beautiful and just doesn't want other people to stare at her. As a beautiful woman,you become kind of an object when other people look at you, you are reduced to be just a pretty face...
If it is a strategy it is very clever,because everyone is really curious and I think by hiding from the public she remains kind of a mystery which makes her a real royal dignity- she will be remembered even though we don't have a face we can connect to the words she said.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

HH Sheikha Hind - one of the winners of the Sharjah Voluntary Work Award, 30 December 2008.
Presented by the Ruler of Sharjah, HH Sheikh Sultan.
story --> WAM
Old 01-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Courtier

Mabruk & well done, Sheikha Hind. Good to see that her work is appreciated.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 AM

I have located a very early photo of Sheikha Hind. Not much but better than nothing. How do I post it here?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:14 AM

If the photo is from the gallery of the 1979 wedding there is no photo of Sheikha Hind. This has been discussed many times previously. See here.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Thought you might enjoy this one: Sheikh Saeed's Palace
a link to a gallery with pictures of Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum's House; how it looks today after extensive restoration and before.
On the same site is BTW also a gallery of pics of the 1979 marriage of Sheikh Mo and Sheikha Hind.
Where is the gallery of 1979 marriage of Sheikh Mo and Sheikha Hind? I cant find it
Old 01-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Aristocracy

go to the site. on the left side of screen in red are various captions. go to photo galleries. scroll down to royal wedding.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Commoner

Sorry but i dont see her
I see pictures of people celebrating and dancing but I dont see pictures of the sheikha(hind)
Old 01-29-2009, 08:03 AM

These pics are of the wedding guests and celebrations. As has been posted repeatedly here and elsewhere, there are no pics of Sheikha Hind.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:05 AM
Courtier

sory it said for first two picture sheikha hind leaving for wedding and she wears white dress and veil so i assumes its her. sorry

dubai fashion week
http://www.ameinfo.com/182718.html

nice story for sheikha hind :)
http://www.xpress4me.com/news/uae/dubai/20011669.html
Old 04-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Hind Al Maktoum: UAE is a role model in protecting childhood
Article
Old 04-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Commoner

Why was this program named for Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bint Rashid Al Maktoum and not another daughter? Did she start this?
Old 05-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annastacia View Post
Why was this program named for Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bint Rashid Al Maktoum and not another daughter? Did she start this?
At the time the award started Latifa was the only daughter who was old enough to hand out awards and was seen in public & photographed (yes 11 years old is young but her other sisters were much younger). Hessa was in her mid-tens and not photographed. There was no reason given why it was named the Latifa award but thats the only thing I could think off.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:43 PM

Anyone ever see this? This is from an article posted on LiveLeak.com dated 10/01/2007 (perhaps right before the birth of Princess Haya's daughter?)

"This island was given to Sheikha Hind Al-Maktoum , Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashed ' s wife, on her birthday. It is part of The World islands project in Dubai ..."

Picture

I assume the lady that has been blurred out is our lovely Sheikha Hind? I wonder if the location of this picture is her island. I think I see a helicopter in the background...

Picture
Old 06-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Commoner

An Island from which you just can get away with a boot is either amazing - or a prison (and for some reason I can't imagine Sheikha Hind driving a motorboot - but I don't know, maybe she has a driver)
Old 06-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by atombanger18 View Post
I assume the lady that has been blurred out is our lovely Sheikha Hind? I wonder if the location of this picture is her island. I think I see a helicopter in the background...

Picture
nope its not hind and tht was taken last summer in UK.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:05 PM

I apologize. I mean no disrespect to Sheikha Hind. I admire her and would love to meet her and I was hoping this might be a picture of her.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Commoner

I believe that the island was a demo island. To show everyone what they could do with the other islands. Maybe he gave it to her after they were finished showing it off?? That would be cool though. It's really beautiful!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeel123 View Post
nope its not hind and tht was taken last summer in UK.
How do U know so sure it was not Hind? We don't know how she looks like and nobody will tell us, but from the pic i assume the lady is either a mother or an aunt of the girls. They look very intimate and the fact that the face is blurred out indicates the lady is someone important that doesn't want her picture out. Sure it's not the nanny..

Tags
sheikha hind