Sheikha Hind current events: February 2006-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thnxx candy girl!!

Sheikha hind is the mother of millions!!

you're very welcome!:flowers:
she is such a wonderful woman!:wub: i admire her!:)

From April 4 2008, but i just found it:
Gulfnews: Women leaders of UAE and Gulf commemorate Science Day

Ajman: Shaikha Shamsa Bint Suhail, Wife of President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and a host of high-profile princesses and women leaders witnessed the Science Day celebrations held at Al Safya Palace in Ajman by Umm Al Mumineen Society.

Also present at the celebration, which coincides with the Silver Jubilee of Rashid Bin Humaid Prize of Culture and Science, were Shaikha Hind Bint Maktoum Bin Juma Al Maktoum, Wife of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, Princess Adela Bint Abdul Aziz Al Saud, Shaikha Wisal Al Khalifa, Shaikha Amthal Jaber Al Sabah, Shaikha Nada Nasser Al Thani and a host of Shaikhas, Princesses and women leaders from the UAE and other Gulf countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a question. does shaikha hind travel for vacations, you know paris london or other country?

Has anyone gpt a picture of Sheikha Hind? just curiuos, the closest thing I could find were some old wedding pics of her leaving for the car and there not that clear, apparantly it her wedding to Shiekh mohammed was done on a very gand scale:
http://www.dubaiasitusedtobe.com/pages/galleries/p7hg_img_17/fullsize/sheikha1_fs.jpg
http://www.dubaiasitusedtobe.com/pages/galleries/p7hg_img_17/fullsize/sheikha2_fs.jpg

I thought this was pretty sweet:

Honouring Shaika Hind
March, 2008
Dubai: Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince, and Shaikh Ahmad Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Foundation for Management and Organisation of Events, headed a rally to honour Shaikha Hind Bint Maktoum Al Maktoum, wife of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
The rally started on Thursday from Dubai World Trade Centre and ended at Shaikha Hind's palace in Zabeel, where Shaikha Hind received congratulations on Mothers Day.

Last edited:
This picture was already posted and somebody on the forum(who is from UAE) who had seen Sh. Hind in personal said that this wasnt her.
(Besides the women doesnt look similar to Hamdan)

We're all so curious to know how Sh. Hind looks like. There are people out there who have seen her in person, PLEASE tell us about it: is she slender or full, is her hair flat or curvy, long or longer, does she wear a lot of make up, what clothes does she wear? Could someone tell or is it inappropriate to even think about it. No offense but as a european woman I really dont understand what the secrecy is all about.

I really dont understand what the secrecy is all about.
Not so much secrecy as a degree of privacy and discretion which may appear unusual to those of us more used to the constant scrutiny (and intrusion) of Western media.
Dubai in its outward appearance is "modern" but there is a deeply traditional side too behind the flash.

Not so much secrecy as a degree of privacy and discretion which may appear unusual to those of us more used to the constant scrutiny (and intrusion) of Western media.
Dubai in its outward appearance is "modern" but there is a deeply traditional side too behind the flash.

First of all I want to say that I don't want to start the whole discussion on modernity versus tradition, right or wrong, black or white. And I totally agree that the western media can be far too aggresive and intrusive. I also understand that tradition and discretion is important to the Dubai royalty but my point is that the side-effect of the total lack of information is that it raises curiosity and speculation. And personally I find it a pity that we don't hear more of Sh. Hind. She seems a very intelligent and sensible person to me and I would like to know more about her :flowers:.

Hi, I totally agree I think most sheikhas and locals have the best of both worlds. This maybe off topic so apologies in advance but I watched a programme on the BBC its a series called Women in Black and last week the presenter went to Dubai. The women were really proud of their culture and traditions i.e. wearing the shayla and abaya......you can watch the programme on bbc iplayer BBC iPlayer - Home but be quick it only has 1 day left to view.

I loved the racing driver!

B

I heard that S.Hind looks like S.Hamdan(CP of Dubai) a lot.She is very intelligent woman & she is favourite wife of S.Mohammed.

Interesting to learn that S. Hind is not photographed. It will be interesting to one day maybe see a photo of her. It just gets us curious and guessing.

Hello room,
I am new comer in this forum. I am very curious for photos of Sheikha Hind, seen her beautiful daughters, the mother must be a gorgeous woman. do you have her photos, coz I couldn't find any through google. many thanks in advance.
Love,
Sufiya

well sheikha Hind isn't public like Phaya, the most of sheikhas in the gulf aren't public it's their culture. But i read in Sheikh Rashid website(her eldest son) that she looks exactly like her daughter Mariam(third one i think) and of course she's gorgeous. It's a shame that we can't see her photos.

Why does everyone think it is the man's idea to keep the wife in the background? Did you ever consider that maybe Sheikha Hind doesn't want the limelight?

Thank you,that's the first comment that actually accredits that sheika hind has her own will and doesn't need anybody elses permission.
I think she must be very beautiful and just doesn't want other people to stare at her. As a beautiful woman,you become kind of an object when other people look at you, you are reduced to be just a pretty face...
If it is a strategy it is very clever,because everyone is really curious and I think by hiding from the public she remains kind of a mystery which makes her a real royal dignity- she will be remembered even though we don't have a face we can connect to the words she said.

HH Sheikha Hind - one of the winners of the Sharjah Voluntary Work Award, 30 December 2008.
Presented by the Ruler of Sharjah, HH Sheikh Sultan.
story --> WAM

Mabruk & well done, Sheikha Hind. Good to see that her work is appreciated.

I have located a very early photo of Sheikha Hind. Not much but better than nothing. How do I post it here?

If the photo is from the gallery of the 1979 wedding there is no photo of Sheikha Hind. This has been discussed many times previously. See here.

Thought you might enjoy this one: Sheikh Saeed's Palace
a link to a gallery with pictures of Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum's House; how it looks today after extensive restoration and before.
On the same site is BTW also a gallery of pics of the 1979 marriage of Sheikh Mo and Sheikha Hind.
Where is the gallery of 1979 marriage of Sheikh Mo and Sheikha Hind? I cant find it :ermm:

go to the site. on the left side of screen in red are various captions. go to photo galleries. scroll down to royal wedding.

Sorry but i dont see her
I see pictures of people celebrating and dancing but I dont see pictures of the sheikha(hind)

These pics are of the wedding guests and celebrations. As has been posted repeatedly here and elsewhere, there are no pics of Sheikha Hind.

Back
Top Bottom