Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

early or mid 40's

Old 05-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

Sheikha Hind offers help to expats :
http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/07/05/13/10125256.html

Old 08-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

She seems like such a genuinely nice person, I have heard of all the good works she has done and that she is highly thought of in Dubai. Why do they not show her picture? His other wife is often seen in public.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Commoner

Sorry I am entering some of these threads despite them being old, but I have only just joined.

I doubt you will ever see an uncovered shot of Sheikha Hind. A lot of the Emirati women (over 45) especially from some of the prominant families such as the royals, Al Shamsi etc still cover either with the veil or with the Burqa (the gold mask).
I can asure you however that the majority of the UAE women when uncovered are breathtaking.

I have been told by close female Emirati friends who personally know her that she is as beautiful as everyone assumes.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Gentry

yes...she is a beautiful lady with a beautiful heart..

most of the sheikhas in the gulf r not seen uncovered...
many of them wear veils to avoid their capture..
sheikha hinds sons n daughters look like their uncles(sh hind's brothers) more thn thier father so i assume tht they inherited thier beauty from their mother..
Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Commoner

Does she have 'courtiers' from the influential families in Dubai or does she hold court with certain gatherings in Dubai? Anyone know her style in receiving people?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Gentry

Wel, opinions about beauty are different. And if you think that sons and daughters are so pretty, it's your opinion.
I prefer woman who don't hide, like that sheika Maryam (she is an minister in UAE, I think).
Old 10-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ines View Post
I prefer woman who don't hide
That's a rather judgemental and loaded statement.
Some women will prefer traditional dress, some will prefer "Western" attire, and some will wear either, depending on the occasion.
To each their own.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Gentry

well ines...
in the gulf its different...
if u hav a precious diamond...u will cover it and keep it in a safe... and sheikha hind is mohammeds diamond...
she is not seen much in public...she is onlii seen in women occasions..
Old 10-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Aristocracy

Is there any particular reason why Sheikha Hind is always hiding and Princess Haya is always out in public either by herself or with Sheikh Mohammed?
Old 10-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Gentry

official wife must b a sheikha or his first wife tht he married publically
sh.hind is dubai's first lady she is also his cuzin...as u kno sheikhs marry from the sheikhas onlii...
phaya is his 4th wife ((if im nt rong))...so sh.hind always comes first in dubai..
many ppl kno in the uae tht p haya is not much accepted by the ppl..
Old 10-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by suPeRgiRL! View Post
Is there any particular reason why Sheikha Hind is always hiding and Princess Haya is always out in public either by herself or with Sheikh Mohammed?
sheikhas dont usually go in public...or the press
p haya before her marriage with sh.mohammed was in the press and her pics r all over the net...shezz famous:)
sh.hind is seen onlii in women gatherings but not on the tv...
Old 10-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Commoner

Maryamii is right, it's tradition that Shka. Hind's picture never be shown to the public. Hind is the "traditional" wife while Haya is the "modern".
Old 10-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabina View Post
Hind is the "traditional" wife while Haya is the "modern".
Sheikh Mohammed's private life reflects the two sides of Dubai. Traditional customs on the one hand, and a modern focus on the other. Both are parts of the same.

By way of illustration...

Traditional Dubai

Modern Dubai
Old 10-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Gentry

lol i like tht tradition n modern thingyy:P

well sh.hind has a crystal reputation in dubai...and all the ppl love her...she participaten in charities n women societies...but she appears onli in the women occasions...

on the other hand p haya participates in charity publically coz she is seen in public b4 her marriage to sh.mohammed...
the ppl of the uae dont accept phaya much..
Old 10-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

They marry a sheikha first (from family or other close relation) and the marriage is being acknowledged. What they do then is up to them, eg Sheikh Mohammed obviously has two more wives who are not publicly acknowledged; I think Haya is a special case, due to her royal title and given she was a well known figure, regulary performing royal duties for Jordan there was no other way to marry in public and make her officially his wife. If she had been a no name she had joined the two others in secrecy.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:32 AM

I am born as a Muslim in Bosnia but I am not a practicing one. So I would like to ask all ladies that are from Emirates or other Muslim countries, what do they think about a wife " not being acknowledged"? Isn't that same as being someone's mistress? Or are they referred as an "unacknowledged" just because they have a child with Sheik, otherwise no one would mention them?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:02 PM

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1194400842

Sheikha Dr. Hind Bint Maktoum is the senior wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, crown prince of Dubai. They were married in 1980. Hind is the first cousin of the Sheikh and the mother of fourteen of his sons and daughters.

She is not a public figure and tends to keep a low profile in the society, particularly in comparison to his junior wife, Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein. Nevertheless, she is generally regarded favourably by the public at large

Educational expert in the Technical office of His Excellency Minister of Education.

Class Education:
1976-1980: License of arts (sociology) Kuwait University.
1988-1992: Ma. Of Sociology- Ain Shams University/ Egypt.
1992-1996: PhD- Ain, Shams University/ Egypt.

Personal Recognition:
1980-1981: Sociologist
1981-1982: Deputy School Headmistress
1982-1984: School Headmistress
1986-1988: Head Of Coordination in library Administration Ministry of Education.

Achievement :
AbuDhabi Women Union Associating Member (setting up a special report concerning) Women and Education in the UAE.
Board member of consultation council- sociology Department/ Sharjah University.
2000-2005: Member of executive committee of Sharjah business women council.
2000-2003: Educational expert- planning and developing office/ Ministry of Education.
2003- present: Educational expert in the technical office of H.E. Ministry of Education.

Published books:
1993/1994: " The effects of education and work on women in decision taking".
1996/1997: " Constancy and variability of UAE Women Education.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Royal Highness

Is that a real picture of Sheikha Hind? I thought that her picture was not released. Well, if that is or isn't her, she is a very beautiful woman in the picture.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Is that a real picture of Sheikha Hind? I thought that her picture was not released. Well, if that is or isn't her, she is a very beautiful woman in the picture.
btw, u can refer tru this website..Dubai Police

Tags
sheikha hind