The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Maybe its about the big celebration itself. They've never had one, after all. And besides, its not like Haya has been married before like her husband, she deserves to have nice wedding reception. Although I agree that its a little too late.

Old 11-30-2004, 05:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Maybe its about the big celebration itself. They've never had one, after all. And besides, its not like Haya has been married before like her husband, she deserves to have nice wedding reception. Although I agree that its a little too late.
I agree with you, she deserves to have a nice wedding and she is married to Mo and we know Mo will do anything for being in the spotlight, therfore he will have a lavish wedding that people will be speaking about and thats what he wants.But as you said it is a bit too late, they could of had it in May.

Old 11-30-2004, 05:49 AM
Nobility

There were many wedding celebrations in JRF last summer. Maybe she was waiting for a time where no celebration was going on to have all the spotlights. If rania will get her child end of January, then maybe the wedding will be February/March next year and before April.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
There were many wedding celebrations in JRF last summer. Maybe she was waiting for a time where no celebration was going on to have all the spotlights. If rania will get her child end of January, then maybe the wedding will be February/March next year and before April.
Yeah that makes sense.But why are they waiting till rania h as her child?Its not rania who is getting married it is haya, adn rania has attended wedding while she was pregnant.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:10 AM
Nobility

In one hand they have to wait 40th days after the death of Sheihk Zayed (around 12 Dec), and maybe 40th days after the death of Yaser Arafat (around 22 dec).
Haya has some festival to open in dubai the end of dec.
Yes, your are right, they can have the celebration in Jan, but she will share spotlights with rania!
Old 11-30-2004, 06:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Haya has some festival to open in dubai the end of dec.
Yes, your are right, they can have the celebration in Jan, but she will share spotlights with rania!
The wedding i think will be next year for sure.I dont really thin Haya cares about the spotlight, i suppose she will just want a wedding so nothing can go in her way once she has ben married in a lavish wedding to a billionaire crown prince, though they are married already in a small ceremony, she wil want to prove to everyone that she is his official lady.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:33 AM
Gentry

Quote:
I posted pictures of Haya and Sh. Mo in "Princess Haya and Sh. Mo" thread and they look very much happy being together; it seems also Haya founds herself well in Dubai; she represented UAE in an endurance ride in England and she is with Sh. Mo publicly for official duties. I think Haya is very happy.
she represented UAE in an endurance ride in England and she is with Sh. Mo publicly for official duties

1. she didn't represt UAE .... she represented Jordan instead you can go and check it ....
2. Haya was with Sh. Mohammed as his wife ...following him but not a representing UAE... she can never represnt UAE even if she will attend and think she is represnting uae ppl... she cant because they DON'T ACCEPT her in the 1st place and the 1st Lady...
he might back her up...but one day all this will end and you will remmber my words.....
and i hope soon
Old 01-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jood
she represented UAE in an endurance ride in England and she is with Sh. Mo publicly for official duties

1. she didn't represt UAE .... she represented Jordan instead you can go and check it ....
2. Haya was with Sh. Mohammed as his wife ...following him but not a representing UAE... she can never represnt UAE even if she will attend and think she is represnting uae ppl... she cant because they DON'T ACCEPT her in the 1st place and the 1st Lady...
he might back her up...but one day all this will end and you will remmber my words.....
and i hope soon
Wow u don't seem to like her that much ,do you?!
I hope it never ends and Happiness will come her way whereever she goes and whatever she does.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:

and i hope soon
oh i dont think so i think that she has strong personality and she knows what she is doing any way i hope the best for her what ever your opinion is i hope for her to be always on the top
Old 01-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Aristocracy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
Q Rania has one thing that Haya does not have: her husband to herself. P. Haya may have more money, but at least she doesn't have to share her husband with anyone else officially. Whether KA has had dalliances with other women is another story. Mo and Haya have more money, but KA and QR have more class.
do u really think she's in love with her hubby, I don't- I think she married him for some other reasons, which only her does know, maybe her strict relatives know it ,too.....
Old 01-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:

and i hope soon
This is just so typical, the view of a uae local which is sad and pathetic.People here got furious, literally, when he married her, throwing sarcastic rough jokes about her and Jordanian ppl, these jokes made Mo so mad that he threatened to punish whom ever exchanges text messages involving these jokes, rumors said he did catch a bunch. There are 2 powerful newspapers here: "Al Kahleej" resides in Sharjah and "Al Bayan" resides in Dubai and it belongs to the government of Dubai or in another words to al Maktoums.In "Al Khaleej", they announced the wedding news on the first page in a tiny space hardly seen and through the days, this newspaper never did respect Haya.She appeared so many times whether with him or his kids, hardly mentioned and sometimes described as his wife only, no Royal Highness or anything which is very insulted. Another magazine, "Kul Ussra" is part of "Al Khaleej" newspaper, ignores Haya and the Royal Family of Jordan totally though in the last issue, theres a pic of her and Mo where she was mentioned as his wife HRH Princess Haya."Al Sada" is a part of "Al Bayan" newspaper, over the years they kept writing about Haya, so many interviews and reports about her. Otherwise, the media here isn’t giving Haya the credit she deserves or at least since she married Mo.The Dubai sport channel used to cover her activities a lot, I have an interview with her dates back to 2 years ago but since she got married, nothing here is about her. Just today, "Al Khaleej" released an issue about Mo being a crown prince of Dubai for 10 years, (with a poster too!), didn’t mention Haya at all while we see his spoiled kids here and there.

It is sad enough to say that uae locals here feel superior to other Arab nationalties, esp. Jordanians, Palestanian and Egyptians and is some less level to Asians. They only see Haya as a Jordanian who’s sucker for bucks. I remember when they got married, girls at college discussed that in a class, and it’s really a shame the way they are thinking. Frankly, though am a uae local myself, Haya deserves much better than Mo, she is educated and intelligent, her title is even higher than Mo's, Mo is only His Highness while she is a Royal Highness, good for her she didn’t change her title. She never wanted to represent the uae and she never said she would, I don’t see any royal women representing the uae at all, I've been living here my entire life and never saw any "Sheikha", we hear about them but never see them! Don’t tell me Sheikha Maitha,( the karate kid!), is in the press, in a couple of years she'll disappear. Bottom line, it doesn’t matter if locals here don’t accept her, as long as he accepts her and she is confident enough to do her duty. So Kudos to Haya!
Old 01-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorja Fox
This is just so typical, the view of a uae local which is sad and pathetic.People here got furious, literally, when he married her, throwing sarcastic rough jokes about her and Jordanian ppl, these jokes made Mo so mad that he threatened to punish whom ever exchanges text messages involving these jokes, rumors said he did catch a bunch. There are 2 powerful newspapers here: "Al Kahleej" resides in Sharjah and "Al Bayan" resides in Dubai and it belongs to the government of Dubai or in another words to al Maktoums.In "Al Khaleej", they announced the wedding news on the first page in a tiny space hardly seen and through the days, this newspaper never did respect Haya.She appeared so many times whether with him or his kids, hardly mentioned and sometimes described as his wife only, no Royal Highness or anything which is very insulted. Another magazine, "Kul Ussra" is part of "Al Khaleej" newspaper, ignores Haya and the Royal Family of Jordan totally though in the last issue, theres a pic of her and Mo where she was mentioned as his wife HRH Princess Haya."Al Sada" is a part of "Al Bayan" newspaper, over the years they kept writing about Haya, so many interviews and reports about her. Otherwise, the media here isnít giving Haya the credit she deserves or at least since she married Mo.The Dubai sport channel used to cover her activities a lot, I have an interview with her dates back to 2 years ago but since she got married, nothing here is about her. Just today, "Al Khaleej" released an issue about Mo being a crown prince of Dubai for 10 years, (with a poster too!), didnít mention Haya at all while we see his spoiled kids here and there.

It is sad enough to say that uae locals here feel superior to other Arab nationalties, esp. Jordanians, Palestanian and Egyptians and is some less level to Asians. They only see Haya as a Jordanian whoís sucker for bucks. I remember when they got married, girls at college discussed that in a class, and itís really a shame the way they are thinking. Frankly, though am a uae local myself, Haya deserves much better than Mo, she is educated and intelligent, her title is even higher than Mo's, Mo is only His Highness while she is a Royal Highness, good for her she didnít change her title. She never wanted to represent the uae and she never said she would, I donít see any royal women representing the uae at all, I've been living here my entire life and never saw any "Sheikha", we hear about them but never see them! Donít tell me Sheikha Maitha,( the karate kid!), is in the press, in a couple of years she'll disappear. Bottom line, it doesnít matter if locals here donít accept her, as long as he accepts her and she is confident enough to do her duty. So Kudos to Haya!
thanks jorja fox for the interesting post!!!

i am extremely perplexed as to WHY the uae press treats haya the way it does. if mo is so proud of his latest conquest-why doesn't he let the papers report on her, her accomplishments, visits and appearences??? but the fact remains-mo runs the media (gulfnews and al bayan, specifically) so it would lead me to believe that he is trying to downplay haya. yes, occasionally princess chubby cheeks gets published but not nearly on the scale that one would suspect.

and with regards to mo punishing the people sending the jokes-does that include his own children & confidants???

you say 'she is confident enough to do her duty'- what is that duty???? i keep waiting for all this education and experience and worldliness to manifest itself into something positive but all we get is some insipid bored housewife at yet another horsie event.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
This is just so typical, the view of a uae local which is sad and pathetic.People here got furious, literally, when he married her, throwing sarcastic rough jokes about her and Jordanian ppl, these jokes made Mo so mad that he threatened to punish whom ever exchanges text messages involving these jokes, rumors said he did catch a bunch. There are 2 powerful newspapers here: "Al Kahleej" resides in Sharjah and "Al Bayan" resides in Dubai and it belongs to the government of Dubai or in another words to al Maktoums.In "Al Khaleej", they announced the wedding news on the first page in a tiny space hardly seen and through the days, this newspaper never did respect Haya.She appeared so many times whether with him or his kids, hardly mentioned and sometimes described as his wife only, no Royal Highness or anything which is very insulted. Another magazine, "Kul Ussra" is part of "Al Khaleej" newspaper, ignores Haya and the Royal Family of Jordan totally though in the last issue, theres a pic of her and Mo where she was mentioned as his wife HRH Princess Haya."Al Sada" is a part of "Al Bayan" newspaper, over the years they kept writing about Haya, so many interviews and reports about her. Otherwise, the media here isn?t giving Haya the credit she deserves or at least since she married Mo.The Dubai sport channel used to cover her activities a lot, I have an interview with her dates back to 2 years ago but since she got married, nothing here is about her. Just today, "Al Khaleej" released an issue about Mo being a crown prince of Dubai for 10 years, (with a poster too!), didn?t mention Haya at all while we see his spoiled kids here and there.

It is sad enough to say that uae locals here feel superior to other Arab nationalties, esp. Jordanians, Palestanian and Egyptians and is some less level to Asians. They only see Haya as a Jordanian who?s sucker for bucks. I remember when they got married, girls at college discussed that in a class, and it?s really a shame the way they are thinking. Frankly, though am a uae local myself, Haya deserves much better than Mo, she is educated and intelligent, her title is even higher than Mo's, Mo is only His Highness while she is a Royal Highness, good for her she didn?t change her title. She never wanted to represent the uae and she never said she would, I don?t see any royal women representing the uae at all, I've been living here my entire life and never saw any "Sheikha", we hear about them but never see them! Don?t tell me Sheikha Maitha,( the karate kid!), is in the press, in a couple of years she'll disappear. Bottom line, it doesn?t matter if locals here don?t accept her, as long as he accepts her and she is confident enough to do her duty. So Kudos to Haya!

You are about the second royal forum member from the UAE that has posted positive things about Haya. All the rest have been very negative, which of course is their opinion, but still. A few left me with the impression that none of the people of the UAE liked her. I even asked one UAE member why was it that they were so upset with PH, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. Far be for me to make anyone like someone they don't, but I just wanted to understand why was there such dislike for her.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

It really is a shame that so many people let their personal dislike for Haya translate into such hostility and ill will against her.
She is an educated, smart woman who made a controversial decision by marrying Sheikh Muhammad. But it was her own decision. None of us have a say in it. So there's no point in bashing Haya and coming up with supposed reasons why she married her husband.
It is amazing that some of you actually wish her unhappiness in her marriage. I find that absolutely shameful and vicious. Haya isnt answerable to any of us.
She is the daughter of a Hashemite King. She has nothing to be ashamed of.
As for those peope in the UAE who seem to have a superiority complex, I hope Haya will ignore them completely. People like that thrive on gossip and tearing others down, it makes them feel better about themselves.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Gentry

Quote:
This is just so typical, the view of a uae local which is sad and pathetic.People here got furious, literally, when he married her, throwing sarcastic rough jokes about her and Jordanian ppl, these jokes made Mo so mad that he threatened to punish whom ever exchanges text messages involving these jokes, rumors said he did catch a bunch. There are 2 powerful newspapers here: "Al Kahleej" resides in Sharjah and "Al Bayan" resides in Dubai and it belongs to the government of Dubai or in another words to al Maktoums.In "Al Khaleej", they announced the wedding news on the first page in a tiny space hardly seen and through the days, this newspaper never did respect Haya.She appeared so many times whether with him or his kids, hardly mentioned and sometimes described as his wife only, no Royal Highness or anything which is very insulted. Another magazine, "Kul Ussra" is part of "Al Khaleej" newspaper, ignores Haya and the Royal Family of Jordan totally though in the last issue, theres a pic of her and Mo where she was mentioned as his wife HRH Princess Haya."Al Sada" is a part of "Al Bayan" newspaper, over the years they kept writing about Haya, so many interviews and reports about her. Otherwise, the media here isnít giving Haya the credit she deserves or at least since she married Mo.The Dubai sport channel used to cover her activities a lot, I have an interview with her dates back to 2 years ago but since she got married, nothing here is about her. Just today, "Al Khaleej" released an issue about Mo being a crown prince of Dubai for 10 years, (with a poster too!), didnít mention Haya at all while we see his spoiled kids here and there.

It is sad enough to say that uae locals here feel superior to other Arab nationalties, esp. Jordanians, Palestanian and Egyptians and is some less level to Asians. They only see Haya as a Jordanian whoís sucker for bucks. I remember when they got married, girls at college discussed that in a class, and itís really a shame the way they are thinking. Frankly, though am a uae local myself, Haya deserves much better than Mo, she is educated and intelligent, her title is even higher than Mo's, Mo is only His Highness while she is a Royal Highness, good for her she didnít change her title. She never wanted to represent the uae and she never said she would, I donít see any royal women representing the uae at all, I've been living here my entire life and never saw any "Sheikha", we hear about them but never see them! Donít tell me Sheikha Maitha,( the karate kid!), is in the press, in a couple of years she'll disappear. Bottom line, it doesnít matter if locals here donít accept her, as long as he accepts her and she is confident enough to do her duty. So Kudos to Haya!
1. Let us talk about the media policy....This has been direted by sh. Mohammed and if he wanted her to be in media that would of been done but as far as i know it was his instructions.

2. The whole UAE ppl knew that he was under pressure when he married her... he has been seen with her since 2002 , she has been living in dubai and King Abdullah requeested that they should get married because alot or rumors has been going around. not forgetting that she has been working in dubai since that time.

3. UAE people are not against any other Arab nationalitu but its our culture we dont mix with other cultures and its the same So many Lebanse dont like getting married to syrians
so many Palestinians and ppl i know dont get married to jordanians plus they are close Geographical....Its is not common for the gulf people to marry from other countries is more common the marry from each other.... This is the Culture...

4.(( Haya deserves much better than Mo, she is educated and intelligent ))
this doesnt make her better.... King abdullah is Educated and intteligent look at the differnce between DUBAI and JORDAN and you will know who is really intelligent

5. ((her title is even higher than Mo's, Mo is only His Highness while she is a Royal Highness ))
This doesnt make her Higher the King Of Bahrain changed his Title In one day he was a sheikh he became a KING
each country has its own way in Giving titles and this is the way UAE gives the titles to the royal families.

6.(( I donít see any royal women representing the uae at all ))
you definately don't read the papers, Sheikha Hind and other sheikhas in DUBAI and the UAE represnt the uae women and Strongly...but with no pictures and for sheikha Maitha you recognised her Just because of her pictures.

7.I've been living here my entire life and never saw any "Sheikha", we hear about them but never see them

I doubt that you live in UAE because ATLEAST everyday there is and event and a sheikha Attends in one of the emirates and as in dubai Sheikha Hind is almost once or twice a week in the papers (( without Pictures ))

8. it doesnít matter if locals here donít accept her, as long as he accepts her and she is confident enough to do her duty.

Beleive me it matters for her...how would she live in a place when people don't accpet her!!!!!
as for duty....she has one and it is being a wife Full STop nothing else.

Its not that we dislike her for no reason.... If your father married another lady would you like it>> I doubt it...sheikh mohammed is a father to each and every person in dubai.... and he always gave us the image of one happy family so its really sad seeing some intuder spoiling this....
I dont say she is the only one to blame but people love him and will love him despite what happens...
But would never love her... I think she has no ethics or morals...I cant imagen a princess doing so...selling her self into this.... just because of the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
i used to admire her before,... but this really changed....
if she got married to a sheikh from the uae who is not married beleive me nothing of this would of happened it would be weired but it will be over but she got married to a man with a happy family and beautifl kids....
can you imagen how they feel????
Look at the situaion from all the angles and i am sure you will think differnetly even if you wont admitt it.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:27 AM
Courtier

4.(( Haya deserves much better than Mo, she is educated and intelligent ))
this doesnt make her better.... King abdullah is Educated and intteligent look at the differnce between DUBAI and JORDAN and you will know who is really intelligent

I beg to differ in this instance...UAE has oil...Jordan doesn't. That is one of the main differences between the two as far as why Dubai is more modern than Jordan. I applaud KH and KA perserverance in trying to make Jordan a better place for its people. I'm sure if Jordan had oil bringing in money for them, they would prosper too.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

3. UAE people are not against any other Arab nationalitu but its our culture we dont mix with other cultures and its the same So many Lebanse dont like getting married to syrians
so many Palestinians and ppl i know dont get married to jordanians plus they are close Geographical....Its is not common for the gulf people to marry from other countries is more common the marry from each other.... This is the Culture...
If I were Princess Haya, I wouldn't want approval and accolades from people who think "outsiders" like her aren't worthy enough to marry sheikh muhammad.
Sure the UAE is more prosperous than Jordan and other Arab nations, but progress isnt just about how good a country is doing economically. Acceptance and tolerance of those who are different is also a big part of it. If Arabs treat each other in such a discriminatory manner, they have no right to complain when they're mistreated in the west.
Besides, if people in the gulf dont marry outside their culture, thats no valid reason to hate Haya. To me it shows a backwardness in thinking. This is the twenty-first century for heavens sake.

Quote:
if she got married to a sheikh from the uae who is not married beleive me nothing of this would of happened it would be weired but it will be over but she got married to a man with a happy family and beautifl kids....
can you imagen how they feel????
Look at the situaion from all the angles and i am sure you will think differnetly even if you wont admitt it.
Why is the woman always to blame if she marries a polygamous man?
Are you telling me Princess Haya forced Sheikh Muhammad into marriage?
Polygamous marriages aren't that rare in the gulf or in the Middle East.
Why treat Haya's marriage differently? If Sheikh Muhammad was so content with his "happy family and beautiful kids" then he shouldnt have married Haya in the first place. It takes two consenting adults to enter into a marriage so dont put the blame squarely on Haya's shoulders.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Serene Highness

I haven't been to Dubai but from what I have seen on TV etc it seems that it is becoming very cosmopolitan whereas Jordan, which I visited 3 years ago still has much of its ancient atmosphere to savour. The Jordan area is ancient and I doubt that Dubai has places like Jerash & Petra to offer. From what I have seen Dubai is famous for it's shopping and "modern improvements"
Old 02-14-2005, 01:01 AM
Serene Highness

Perception of Haya in UAE

The bottom line is the two of them chose to marry one another. I am sure Sheik Mohammed's wife is highly respected and deservedly so. What happens next will be a matter between the family and its members. I was just looking at another forum a member of TRF asked me to look at where someone had posted everyone in Jordan knew everyone else in Jordan disliked QN and it was a disturbing thing to read as it ended up spreading some truly nasty rumors about her. Having known some Jordanians or those who have visited Jordan and spoken at length to Jordanians, that is not the case (the idea QN is universally disliked in Jordan in general; these rumors in particular). Whatever the feelings of the people of UAE, perhaps Haya will do some good works of her own on their behalf and will become accepted over time. I just try to shy away from speaking for all and speak merely for myself. Your opinion is sufficient and clear. Please feel free to keep all posted on the good works of Sheik Mohammed's first wife in the appropriate context and forum and also when and if you feel Haya has done something worthy of meriting respect within the UAE--whom I have heard are a warm-hearted and welcoming people, thus still, by and large, likely to give Haya this opportunity.

By the way, the photos posted are lovely.

Thank you,

Mary Shawn
Old 02-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Commoner

Princess Haya is Jordanian .... Never was Emarati and never will be...
what ever she does she can't win their love
she is considered an outsider
The more she tries the more there will be people against her....
This is my opinion and what i see and hear from different Emrataies

Closed Thread