The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Ruling Family of Dubai

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 03:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:

The reality however could be very different & harsh. I would not want to be in that position, jealousy among women is deadly. We are far more vicious creatures than men can ever dream of.
So true, So true...I was saying something similar to another forum member in a PM. The part about women being vicious...why it even rears its head on the forum every now and then. Oops better stay on topic, sorry.

Old 07-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Aristocracy

How long were Mo and Haya courting? I think she would be wife number 4 wouldn't she? If he divorced one. At that rate there will surely be another after Haya....

Old 07-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Courtier

I read now in arabic site that there is kuwaiti lapidary do design necklace for the princess Haya for her wedding
Old 07-19-2004, 01:08 AM
Courtier

When is Her wedding?
I am sure it will be a LAVISH one!
Old 07-19-2004, 01:11 AM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by amina1@Jul 18th, 2004 - 11:08 pm
When is Her wedding?
Maybe we will see horses everywhere in the party or maybe she will come on a white horse to greet the guests :woot:
Old 07-20-2004, 12:35 AM
Humble

In general, Men from Gulf countries, when they get married, the first wife usually a cousin, is the one with whom they have most of their children...When they get married for a second time, the second wife (most of the time a foreigner) is the one to save them from middle age crisis..so this second wife is usually a young woman and is for having more fun with her than the second wife....

So, basically, i am NOT surprised AT ALL of Mo's actions and statements...he is just following his Gulf fellows That was why i kept telling in my previous posts i am not impresssed by any man from Gulf even if he is prince. :order:
Old 07-21-2004, 11:25 AM
CathyEarnshaw

Quote:
Originally posted by amina1@Jul 18th, 2004 - 11:08 pm
When is Her wedding?
In the Moslem religion, the Nikah, the signing of the marriage contract, is the wedding ceremony. MOhammed and Haya are husband and wife. Just as Hamzeh and Noor were married last August, but had their public celebration - the Walimah, in May.The Nikah usually takes place at the home of the bride's family.

The "lavish" ceremony will a public celebration of their marriage,
Old 07-21-2004, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

Mo has said it will be a lavish celebration..
If she's all over the place with him now - she'll really be everywhere after the ceremony.. And the post about Hind not knowing about his marrying Haya - that's awful.. what is wrong with that man?
Old 08-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Haya - news and picture thread part 1

In reading all the posts re: Princess Haya and her marriage, many have referenced her having children. My question is--what if she can't? This may be a rumor but I thought the inability to have children meant the husband could divorce a wife immediately in accordance with laws of Islam. Is this true? Personally, I don't think he will. He has plenty of children. Haya seems to be more of a trophy wife than anything. Just my opinion.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Courtier

I have no "predictions". Personally, I think she deserves better, but she's obviously happy so...
Old 08-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Humble

In early days of their marriage, I read that one of the conditions put on Mo when marrying Haya was that she will be always called Haya bint Hussein...Haya is already a BORN princess. she is not in need of UAE passport but in need of Mo' $$$$$.

So knowing she is always called Princess Haya bint Hussein and knowing that she is married to MO, i do not think Mo will want her to ride under Jordan. His Ego is acting..Also, he may not want poeple to see her wearing those showjumping outfit especially the tight pants)....

I am a commoner and I REFUSE such A UAE passport even if the country is gold paved even if they hand it to me (with all my respect to my UAE girl friends)...I just do not swallow the mentality of their men...
Old 08-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Aristocracy

i don't have any probs with haya not changing her name-that is the tradition all over the arab world (i think.) and i'm not from the arab world or muslim but i didn't change my name after i got married.

but if you check the latest endurance ride she participated in-she participated under the jordan flag. the uae equistrian federation says that if you LIVE in the uae and want to compete then you must be sponosored by your HOME country (i.e. expat riders must get sponosorship from their home country all though they might train and live in the uae). the uae only sponosors uae riders. (i mean sponsor in the 'acknowledge riders credentials' sense not financially.)

http://www.hiltonherbsalfredstower.e...k/results.html

also not only does Mo not want Haya to wear those pants-NEITHER DO I!!!!!

his ego has nothing to do with this. these are rules and realities of life out of his control. her horse got injured-that is life. she is jordanian-he knew that before he married her.

but in reality-i can't remember any showjumping competition she has participated in in the past few years. so i don't think going to the olympics was high on her priority list anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble
In early days of their marriage, I read that one of the conditions put on Mo when marrying Haya was that she will be always called Haya bint Hussein...Haya is already a BORN princess. she is not in need of UAE passport but in need of Mo' $$$$$.

So knowing she is always called Princess Haya bint Hussein and knowing that she is married to MO, i do not think Mo will want her to ride under Jordan. His Ego is acting..Also, he may not want poeple to see her wearing those showjumping outfit especially the tight pants)....

I am a commoner and I REFUSE such A UAE passport even if the country is gold paved even if they hand it to me (with all my respect to my UAE girl friends)...I just do not swallow the mentality of their men...
Old 08-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipi Tombe
also not only does Mo not want Haya to wear those pants-NEITHER DO I!!!!!
*Lol* It's pretty obvious that producing Mo juniors is not on her priority list either.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Aristocracy

interesting la la, if a woman is not going to work within her profession. and she is not going to have kids. and she does not seem to be the charitable spouse type (i.e. Melinda Gates).

what is the point?????

this woman needs to do something productive with her life or get off the planet (or at least out of the spotlight.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by La la
*Lol* It's pretty obvious that producing Mo juniors is not on her priority list either.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:24 AM
Serene Highness

She looks much better--happy for one thing. OK, can a woman divorce a man in Arabic countries. Are there such a thing as pre-nups so she could do her time and walk away with some money? I honestly don't know. All I hear is men divorcing or adding wives.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Aristocracy

all conditions for maintenance post divorce are specified in the marraige contract. and no a woman can not EASILY divorce a man. but i don't think haya would divorce mo in a million years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
She looks much better--happy for one thing. OK, can a woman divorce a man in Arabic countries. Are there such a thing as pre-nups so she could do her time and walk away with some money? I honestly don't know. All I hear is men divorcing or adding wives.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Aristocracy

Shk Mo has 3 wives.

Shka Hind. Wife of 25 years and mother of 12 kids. She used to be 'first and official' but has recently been demoted by Haya. She used to have official duties but she was V. traditional and did not travel with her husband or attend public functions or was photographed. This might seem odd to Westeners. But to people in the Emirates, it was completely accepted.

Delila. Unkown 2nd wife. Supposedly has 4 kids by Mo.

Haya. Latest and Greatest 3rd wife and currently 'first and official' after the demotion of Hind. Supposedly she will take on official duties but she never really had a public role in Jordan so I don't know what she will be up to.

Hind has near saint status in DXB for staying married to her husband. Delila is relatively unknown. And the only people in DXB that like Haya are people that will be able to benefit from her prescense. The city has NOT warmly welcomed Haya (from what I hear.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
thanks Rimaa ^__^ so which woman is the main wife the one with official duties and stuff or do they all share it? and is Princess Haya's husband a royal as well?
Old 08-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Courtier

My calculation has it that Mo has 27 kids by at least 5 different women. Haya is excluded.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:16 AM
Nobility

Where do you think Princess Haya is living now?
Europe, Dubai, Amman ...?
Old 08-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
Where do you think Princess Haya is living now?
Europe, Dubai, Amman ...?
My guess is in Dubai with her husband, fiance' whatever he is.