Sheikh Muhammad's marriage to Princess Haya & her role in Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Haya's chubby - just small and big boned.. she's got a small waist and big legs. Noura - loving Mo ain't easy girl ;) :lol: Mo loves Mo... Mo's fascinated by Mo... he probably likes women who look up to him, worship him... maybe Haya's looking for a father figure and security - so he'll take care of that..... Mo would definitely find time for wife number 4..... :innocent:

I've voiced my disapproval on the whole marriage thing, but because I am a Haya supporter, I try not to be too judgemental because for whatever reason or reasons she chose to marry Shk Mo is hers and hers alone. In fact, I think after this post, I won't ever mention it again. I can only trust she knew what she was doing. Personally, I wouldn't want her in the situation, but hey, that was her choice. As far as her worth, I thought it was silly to judge her worth on superficial things like accomplishments...I'm hoping Shk Mo had more sense than that. Her worthiness was never a question or questionable for me because I like Haya, and I know there are far worse women out there that Shk Mo could have chosen/still can choose.

I like Haya too.. it has always been said that she is very nice and down to earth..
She's also been involved in charity work and such.. she was in the circus too.. It's hard to speculate why people do things - especially when you don't know them.. sometimes marriages of convenience work out for everyone... she loves horses - Mo loves horses - it's doubtful Haya had the funds necessary to keep her hobby going - she had a sponsor a few years back, but she ended the relationship because she wanted to make her own decision as to what to wear when she competed.. she had am official site - don't know if she still does..
Does anyone know what happened to the book she was writing on K Hussein?
:flower:

I think 29 is quite old in more traditional setting. Wonder why PH did not settle till then. No good matches? Broken heart?(one I know, they guy died), any rumoured previous relationship? boyfriends from her school years or in early and mid-20`s ? How long was PH dating PMo before marriage? If no PMo, could it be possible she remains single-old maid???-many wonders.

Could have been many reasons...Maybe she hadn't found the right one, or maybe she wasn't ready to settle down. I guess that means it bad for me too because I'm 28, and not married. No sense in making a mistake just because one might feel it is a race against age? I'd say she was enjoying her freedom. :flower:

To reply to all of the posts regarding the Mo & Haya Show. I am a fan of Haya's, but coming from a Western Background I do find the whole multple wives thing rather distasteful. If I was SHind I would have kicked Mo's A** multiple times by now for all the wives. Please as if 12 kids are not enough he needs more (even though we all know he can easily afford them)???

Quite honestly, the whole Mo & Haya Show boils down to he is going through one HELL of a middle age crisis. She won't last, so I hope that her Big Brother KA made sure she came away with a hefty amount of money when the marriage goes to pot.

Also, for as Western as the Jordian Royals are I find it hard to imagine that no one in the entire family pulled Haya aside and asked her what the H*** she was thinking marrying this old man.

Last edited by a moderator:
the last year I was watching programme on TV the poetry in it was written by mo , and it was very very very romantic poetry , the story was about woman is very beautiful and very smart stood front her tribe and she refused marriage from her relative and she favored on him man from another tribe .

Originally posted by houri@Jun 30th, 2004 - 7:12 am
the last year I was watching programme on TV the poetry in it was written by mo , and it was very very very romantic poetry , the story was about woman is very beautiful and very smart stood front her tribe and she refused marriage from her relative and she favored on him man from another tribe .
houri...do you think the poetry was about our fair Haya??????

Or was it about his ONE TRUE WIFE, HIND??????????

houri...do you think the poetry was about our fair Haya??????

Or was it about his ONE TRUE WIFE, HIND??????????
I don't know if he is written this story I was telling about his poetry in the story , silver it's was realy romantic realy .......

I wish I could translating his poetry but it's very hard , and I'm not very good in english

SC,

you do realize that Mohammed's lifestyle is normal for his family - for his culture ..

Having more than one wife is usual, not unusual, and totally acceptable in that culture.

wait till they have their 'official celebration' Mo's said it will be quite grand!!!

Not to add fuel to the fire but I have been wanting to say this for awhile:

A great many people on this forum are judging the marriage of Haya and Mo from their own westernized Christian viewpoint. No one knows if either of Mo's wives even care that Mo has taken another wife. None of his peers seem to think anything of Mo taking Haya to Ascot or to mid east economic confrences.

A great many muslim men have more than one wife. It is not up to us to make morality judgements on an entire culture.

Originally posted by Dreamcatchergrl@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 3:02 am

A great many people on this forum are judging the marriage of Haya and Mo from their own westernized Christian viewpoint. No one knows if either of Mo's wives even care that Mo has taken another wife. None of his peers seem to think anything of Mo taking Haya to Ascot or to mid east economic confrences.

A great many muslim men have more than one wife. It is not up to us to make morality judgements on an entire culture.
If I remember correctly, sociology calls judging someone else's culture based on western views, or one's own culture, ethnocentrism. Plus you have some good points.

Actually, I do know many of Emirati men of Mo's generation. Most are friends and associates of his. These guys are probably sick to their stomack-this is NOT how things are done in the Emirates. But then these things are NOT discussed openly.

Multiple wives-okay
Mistresses-okay
Big families-okay

Parading your 3rd wife around like a prize winning holstein-NOT OKAY.

Emiratis are known for their discretion and reserve. Not for fluanting their latest conquest. But of course Mo controls everything in DXB so NO ONE is going to tell him that all this is just a little revolting.

To be perfectly honest, I wonder if Mo does know how people truly feel about him.

He is admired and respected professionally. But dispised and laughed at personally.

SC,

Where's the parade? Going to Ascot or a Conference is hardly a parade. It is not unusual for a wife to accompany a husband ... it's far more natural than staying home in the Palace, waiting for hubby to come to spend a few hours, have sex and then another baby.

I suspect Haya is calling a lot of the shots in this marriage ...

Originally posted by pepep@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 8:51 am
Does Mo treat his wives equally? :p
one assumes that under Islamic law, Mohammed would need to treat each wife equally,

I agree with this. I try not too be too harsh of a culture that is difficult for me to understand. But I do hope he treats his wives equally & that they all get along well.

The reality however could be very different & harsh. I would not want to be in that position, jealousy among women is deadly. We are far more vicious creatures than men can ever dream of.

Mo does what he wants, when he wants and how he wants... Haya may be calling the shots right now, but I wonder how long it will last.... also Hind's had a bus load of kids with Mo and surely has a great level of respect within Dubai which could explain the no mention of Haya as Mo's wife in Dubai.... internationally Haya's all over the place with Mo - and they are garnering a lot of publicity and Mo sure does love attention..... I'd never seen Mo in Hola before - now suddenly he's mentioned and his picture is in the magazine... maybe that's why he's all over the place with haya..
I do think he's admirable professionally..... personally he's just all about Mo....

The reality however could be very different & harsh. I would not want to be in that position, jealousy among women is deadly. We are far more vicious creatures than men can ever dream of.
So true, So true...I was saying something similar to another forum member in a PM. The part about women being vicious...why it even rears its head on the forum every now and then. Oops better stay on topic, sorry.

How long were Mo and Haya courting? I think she would be wife number 4 wouldn't she? If he divorced one. At that rate there will surely be another after Haya....

I read now in arabic site that there is kuwaiti lapidary do design necklace for the princess Haya for her wedding :angry:

Originally posted by amina1@Jul 18th, 2004 - 11:08 pm
When is Her wedding?
I am sure it will be a LAVISH one!
Maybe we will see horses everywhere in the party or maybe she will come on a white horse to greet the guests :woot:

In general, Men from Gulf countries, when they get married, the first wife usually a cousin, is the one with whom they have most of their children...When they get married for a second time, the second wife (most of the time a foreigner) is the one to save them from middle age crisis..so this second wife is usually a young woman and is for having more fun with her than the second wife....

So, basically, i am NOT surprised AT ALL of Mo's actions and statements...he is just following his Gulf fellows :yuk: That was why i kept telling in my previous posts i am not impresssed by any man from Gulf even if he is prince. :eek:rder:

Originally posted by amina1@Jul 18th, 2004 - 11:08 pm
When is Her wedding?
I am sure it will be a LAVISH one!
In the Moslem religion, the Nikah, the signing of the marriage contract, is the wedding ceremony. MOhammed and Haya are husband and wife. Just as Hamzeh and Noor were married last August, but had their public celebration - the Walimah, in May.The Nikah usually takes place at the home of the bride's family.

The "lavish" ceremony will a public celebration of their marriage,

Mo has said it will be a lavish celebration.. :sick:
If she's all over the place with him now - she'll really be everywhere after the ceremony.. And the post about Hind not knowing about his marrying Haya - that's awful.. what is wrong with that man?

Princess Haya - news and picture thread part 1

In reading all the posts re: Princess Haya and her marriage, many have referenced her having children. My question is--what if she can't? This may be a rumor but I thought the inability to have children meant the husband could divorce a wife immediately in accordance with laws of Islam. Is this true? Personally, I don't think he will. He has plenty of children. Haya seems to be more of a trophy wife than anything. Just my opinion.

I have no "predictions". Personally, I think she deserves better, but she's obviously happy so...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom