The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Ruling Family of Dubai

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98
At the beginning he wasn’t used to be seen in public with a wife and felt obviously sometimes a bit uncomfortable, especially when she clung to his arm or wanted to hold hands. In public Arab and Muslim couples usually do not show any feelings and do not touch each other. But he is learning.
Veran98, Mr. Mohammed is quite a poet and one of his poems says "Take advice from the experts. Not everyone who rides is a jockey". With this in mind, may I please ask why Mr. Mohammed needs to learn to be seen in public with Mrs. Haya? Why is the inverse not expected of Mrs. Haya?

Old 10-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.ea.kymonkey
Veran98, Mr. Mohammed is quite a poet and one of his poems says "Take advice from the experts. Not everyone who rides is a jockey". With this in mind, may I please ask why Mr. Mohammed needs to learn to be seen in public with Mrs. Haya? Why is the inverse not expected of Mrs. Haya?
I didn't want to say that he had to learn anything (I respect Arab customs in this matter), but it is obvious that he is now in public more relaxed with her on his side than at the beginning of their marriage.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Courtier

Hi desertrosemrk,
I saw in one of the threads of princess Haya that Sheikh Rashid didn't accept her when she married with his Father.
So can you tell me how is the relationship between them at the moment?

I know from another forum that you are an expert on thoose cases .

Thanks in advance for the answer .

It was too good to be true...
Old 11-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
Hi desertrosemrk,
I saw in one of the threads of princess Haya that Sheikh Rashid didn't accept her when she married with his Father.
So can you tell me how is the relationship between them at the moment?
I know from another forum that you are an expert on thoose cases .
Thanks in advance for the answer .
I have not talked to my source in a while but from what I understand it was very hard for Sheikha Hind and her daughters when Sheikh Mohammed married Princess Haya. Rashid loves his mother and sisters and is very protective of them. Haya was the other woman. (Even though Sheikh Mohammed has been married other times. Haya is the second "public" wife. I an not sure about their relationship now, but it seems he is only seen with Haya when he has to, such as public events etc. I honestly do not think he has any other contact with her in less he has to, which is mainly through Sheikh Mohammed and the events Princess Haya attends with him.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
In an interview with a German newspaper (published in April 2004; she is rather popular in Germany because she lived here for a while) she told the journalist that she met her future husband in 2001 at a horse event and was secretly engaged to him for three years before she asked her brother King Abdullah for permission to marry him. Only the day before her marriage she called the rest of the family to invite them. She asked her grandmother to provide for flowers and a cake. The dress for the marriage had been made for here by a small sewing works in Amman to keep it secret. The next day there was lunch in King Abdullah’s house. “That was it”.

She said that she is living with her husband like other couples, that she doesn’t think a lot about the fact that she is “the second wife”. “This is not an issue. Everybody can see that I am Sheikh Mohammed’s wife.” She concedes that before the marriage she took her time to think thoroughly about the step into a polygamous marriage. “The matter is not to possess somebody. I love this man, therefore I respect the fact that he had married somebody else before.” “What is better: to live like this or to divorce, to repudiate somebody, expel her from the family.”

http://www.wams.de/data/2006/04/16/874849.html

Sorry, my translation is far from being perfect.

Obviously the marriage was not an arranged one.
Thank you for this - it puts a new light on the whole marriage. It seems that she thought long and hard b4 she married him, particularly about the fact that he has other wives. I personally feel it is a love match.

Quote:
The article mentions explicitely only two wives and calls her the sheikh’s "First Lady, but not the only wife on his side".

I can’t help thinking that she is the "modern First Lady of Dubai" for Westeners and Sheikha Hind is Mo’s most prominent wife for the Emiratis. If the other 1-2 are still his wives or divorced I do not know.

If Haya accepted this arrangement because she loved him so much or because she is now able to play a prominent role on the international scene is difficult to say.

I agree with you about PH being accepted as the "modern First Lady of Dubai" for Westeners with PH, Sheikh Mo has a wife he can appear with on the international scene. I don't think she married him to raise her profile internationally.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Nobility

"
It is interesting that a woman educated partially in England should have been happy to marry into a royal household where other wives co-existed. "If I mapped out my life, I never would have expected to do half the things I've done, but when I met a man who I knew was my life partner and who I was in love with and friends with - who cared about me and saw the real me - I had no doubts."
Interesting quote.
Princess Haya happy at Newmarket - Telegraph
I think she just gained weight in her chest, no where else.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir View Post
"
It is interesting that a woman educated partially in England should have been happy to marry into a royal household where other wives co-existed. "If I mapped out my life, I never would have expected to do half the things I've done, but when I met a man who I knew was my life partner and who I was in love with and friends with - who cared about me and saw the real me - I had no doubts."
Interesting quote.
Princess Haya happy at Newmarket - Telegraph
I think she just gained weight in her chest, no where else.
What else can she say? She would never ever admit that she is not happy with three other wives around. She keeps excusing herself in interviews with the western media as they don't understand arab culture otherwise her image in the western world as educated and role model princess from arabia was pretty soon in tatters. She will have had reasons to accept that part of the deal as it seems Sheikh Mohammed did not consider divorce.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Nobility

She looked better before her marriage. Whatever....her decision
Does anyone knows, if she wants children ? Well Sheikh Mo has enough of them, but why not ?
Old 08-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
She looked better before her marriage. Whatever....her decision
Does anyone knows, if she wants children ? Well Sheikh Mo has enough of them, but why not ?
Well in my opinion she comes from a very long family with a lot of brothers from direrents mothers, so, why not. I think that she would like to be mother!
Old 08-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Well in my opinion she comes from a very long family with a lot of brothers from direrents mothers, so, why not. I think that she would like to be mother!
I think she´s happy with Mohammed.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
I think she´s happy with Mohammed.
I agree with you, I always see them very happy and relax together!