Sheikh Muhammad & Princess Haya getting married?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluetortuga

Hi everybody,

I saw this on the Asian Royals Message board. Is there any truth to this:

HRH Princess Haya of Jordan
Posted by Victor in London on 4/1/2004, 10:29:47

There are rumours in the equestrian world in Ireland that Princess Haya has either married, or is about to marry, Sheikh Muhammed al Maktoum of Dubai. Both are well-known in equestrian circles. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Thanks,

Bluetortuga

Originally posted by bluetortuga@Jan 4th, 2004 - 9:09 am
Hi everybody,

I saw this on the Asian Royals Message board. Is there any truth to this:

HRH Princess Haya of Jordan
Posted by Victor in London on 4/1/2004, 10:29:47

There are rumours in the equestrian world in Ireland that Princess Haya has either married, or is about to marry, Sheikh Muhammed al Maktoum of Dubai. Both are well-known in equestrian circles. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Thanks,

Bluetortuga
It cant be the sheikh is an old guy already married with grown up kids?? and if the one of the sons...might be

It would be really cool if it was true...even though I haven't heard about the guy..

The Royal Court would announce it if she'd already been married. I haven't heard anything about that though.

I would find it rather surprising if she married Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai. He's rather old for her! One of his sons perhaps? They are also very talented equestrians and certainly closer to her age......

Originally posted by brian@Jan 6th, 2004 - 4:54 am
One of his sons perhaps? They are also very talented equestrians and certainly closer to her age......
If I remember correctly, one of Sheik Maktoum's sons is also named Maktoum. Perhaps it is him that Haya is involved with???

The following article was posted in the Thoroughbred Times. It seems to shed some light on the involvement with the Maktoums which was discussed in another thread.

Princess Haya’s riding skills tested en route to win at Nad al Sheba

Princess Haya bint al-Hussein, daughter of the late King Hussein of Jordan, won her first flat race for amateur riders on Thursday at Nad al Sheba racecourse, but losing her irons on her Arabian mount as he shot to the lead at the start of the six-furlong race forced an unexpected demonstration of her dexterity in the saddle and her coolness under pressure.
Although Princess Haya and favorite Big Easy were momentarily collared by a challenger, she skillfully regained her balance and the pair re-took command as the finish line neared, scoring by three-quarters of a length.

The large crowd on hand gave the princess a standing ovation, and Big Easy’s trainer, Satish Seemar, recognized her seemingly fearless show horsemanship.

"For an amateur rider, that was a very brave performance," Seemar told Gulf News.

Princess Haya, who accompanied Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum to the Keeneland September yearling sale, competed as an equestrian in the 2000 Olympic Summer Games in Sydney.

Originally posted by wymanda@Jan 11th, 2004 - 4:18 am
The following article was posted in the Thoroughbred Times. It seems to shed some light on the involvement with the Maktoums which was discussed in another thread.

Princess Haya’s riding skills tested en route to win at Nad al Sheba

Princess Haya bint al-Hussein, daughter of the late King Hussein of Jordan, won her first flat race for amateur riders on Thursday at Nad al Sheba racecourse, but losing her irons on her Arabian mount as he shot to the lead at the start of the six-furlong race forced an unexpected demonstration of her dexterity in the saddle and her coolness under pressure.
Although Princess Haya and favorite Big Easy were momentarily collared by a challenger, she skillfully regained her balance and the pair re-took command as the finish line neared, scoring by three-quarters of a length.

The large crowd on hand gave the princess a standing ovation, and Big Easy’s trainer, Satish Seemar, recognized her seemingly fearless show horsemanship.

"For an amateur rider, that was a very brave performance," Seemar told Gulf News.

Princess Haya, who accompanied Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum to the Keeneland September yearling sale, competed as an equestrian in the 2000 Olympic Summer Games in Sydney.
I can't see why she would want to keep a marriage secret, not unless she's ambarassed or ashamed of him...and if he's as old as it's appears to be, then that could explain why...otherwise I don't understand all the secrecy.

~Z~

Originally posted by zanita@Jan 11th, 2004 - 4:06 pm
I can't see why she would want to keep a marriage secret, not unless she's ambarassed or ashamed of him...and if he's as old as it's appears to be, then that could explain why...otherwise I don't understand all the secrecy.

~Z~
I seriously doubt there is a marriage. Horsey people tend to share their interests and given that Princess Haya has previously only been involved in the equestrian side of the horse world perhaps Sheik Mohammed was giving her an insight into the racing world as she has recently taken up amateur race riding.

wymanda said:
I seriously doubt there is a marriage. Horsey people tend to share their interests and given that Princess Haya has previously only been involved in the equestrian side of the horse world perhaps Sheik Mohammed was giving her an insight into the racing world as she has recently taken up amateur race riding.
What leads me to believe it is the fact that the news came from an equestrian magazine, and they're not known for gossip.

~Z~

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by zanita@Jan 13th, 2004 - 6:27 pm
What leads me to believe it is a fact is that the news came from an equestrian magazine, and they're not known for gossip.

~Z~
YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING???????????????

The horse industry gossip worse than Hollywood! :p :p :p :p :p

Sensibly though, you would think that Jordan would be trumpeting from the rooftops that one of their princesses (and the one with the highest profile) had married into a family as influential and rich as the Maktoums. Equally, the Maktoum family would be keen to have it known that a daughter of King Hussein had married into their family.

wymanda said:
YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING???????????????

The horse industry gossip worse than Hollywood! :p :p :p :p :p
Really??...I had no idea that they were gossips as well. That's very interesting. Well, thanks for sharing that w/us.

~Z~

Anyone notice that P. Haya is wearing more traditional dress lately. Does this mean that she has married or has become engaged Sheikh Makhtoum as has been reported in the gossip columns?

Also, if she has indeed married or become engaged to the CP of Dubai, why would the Royal Court not announce it. Has P. Haya "usurped" another royal wife's position? Sheikh Makhtoum is already married with grown children. I hope this is not the case and that she's married to or engaged to one of the CPs sons instead.

Originally posted by bluetortuga@Feb 7th, 2004 - 3:37 pm
Also, if she has indeed married or become engaged to the CP of Dubai, why would the Royal Court not announce it. Has P. Haya "usurped" another royal wife's position? Sheikh Makhtoum is already married with grown children. I hope this is not the case and that she's married to or engaged to one of the CPs sons instead.
I'm not sure if that was meant to be funny, but I just snorted up my tea. :p

Sean.~ said:
I'm not sure if that was meant to be funny, but I just snorted up my tea. :p
Hi Sean,

It wasn't meant to be funny. May be I've been misunderstood. There are rumors that P. Haya has married the CP of Dubai. But he's already married with grown children. Has one of the following situations occurred:

1. CP of Dubai divorced one of his wives to marry P. Haya.
2. CP of Dubai did not divorce one of his wives but simply added P. Haya to his "collection".
3. P. Haya is not married to the CP of Dubai, but is married to another Dubai prince.

Does anyone out there have the truth? Thanks.

bluetortuga said:
Hi Sean,

It wasn't meant to be funny. May be I've been misunderstood. There are rumors that P. Haya has married the CP of Dubai. But he's already married with grown children. Has one of the following situations occurred:

1. CP of Dubai divorced one of his wives to marry P. Haya.
2. CP of Dubai did not divorce one of his wives but simply added P. Haya to his "collection".
3. P. Haya is not married to the CP of Dubai, but is married to another Dubai prince.

Does anyone out there have the truth? Thanks.
For what it's worth, I've heard the same rumors and dismissed them because, as you say, to the best of knowledge the Prince is married. It's just the way you put it that had me choking for some reason. Oh well, I needed a good laugh.

I think that if Princess Haya is indeed engaged then she will wait until after her brother Hamzah's wedding to announce it, so she doesn't steal the spotlight away from him or Princess Noor Hamzah.

does anyone know her latest news other than the engagment thing?where is she staying and what is she doing? any new photos?

I found this on the net....."There are rumours in the equestrian world in
: Ireland that Princess Haya has either
: married, or is about to marry, Sheikh
: Muhammed al Maktoum of Dubai. Both are
: well-known in equestrian circles. Has anyone
: heard anything about this? "

I just wish Haya every hapiness in her life, inshallah she has a long life with him, she must have been through a lot of struggles with the death of her mum when she was so young and then the death of her beloved father, i hope she finds great hapiness with him
;)

Originally posted by cocacola@Feb 15th, 2004 - 10:37 am
I found this on the net....."There are rumours in the equestrian world in
: Ireland that Princess Haya has either
: married, or is about to marry, Sheikh
: Muhammed al Maktoum of Dubai. Both are
: well-known in equestrian circles. Has anyone
: heard anything about this? "

I just wish Haya every hapiness in her life, inshallah she has a long life with him, she must have been through a lot of struggles with the death of her mum when she was so young and then the death of her beloved father, i hope she finds great hapiness with him
;)
This rumour has been circulating for a while with no substantiation. My view is that gossip in the equestrian world is worse than Hollywood and that if it were factual there would have been an announcement by her brother, King Abdullah and the Maktoum's would have made it known. Marriage into the wealthy Maktoum family would be something Jordanians would be proud of and the Maktoums would be equally proud that one of them had married a daughter of King Hussein who was widely respected.

wymanda said:
This rumour has been circulating for a while with no substantiation. My view is that gossip in the equestrian world is worse than Hollywood and that if it were factual there would have been an announcement by her brother, King Abdullah and the Maktoum's would have made it known. Marriage into the wealthy Maktoum family would be something Jordanians would be proud of and the Maktoums would be equally proud that one of them had married a daughter of King Hussein who was widely respected.

I was not getting at the gossipy side of the issue, infact i hate gossip but from v. high sources i have been told of its truth but was simply wishing princess haya every scincere happyness as i know what it is like to go through such tragedies, as i have myslef and was truly happy for her & hoped she had found the ideal life partner that she well deserves mashallah!!!!!!

i heard that she made an interview and she actually talked about her engagment rumours is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom