Sheikh Mohammed's Wives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SheriBeri

Commoner
City
new to Sharjah
Country
United Arab Emirates
I was reading on another thread that Sha (?) Hind got palaces, etc. What does a Sheikh normally bestow as gifts to his wives?? What do the children receive? These are more costly items than I can fathom. :confused:

Is ANYBODY aware of a dowry system here in UAE? I did see conjars and what looked like presents on one of the tables in a picture of the marriage signing ceremony of Sh Mo and P Haya. My question was based on someone (Guess Who) saying that Sha Hind had received 4 PALACES from Sh Mo? 4?? Where are these palaces and why would she need so many? Someone else said Princess Haya lives in a villa?? Where? In or just out of Dubai? Is it public knowledge of the real estate and jewlery that this family owns (as in some other countries it is made public)?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is good that Sheikh Mo is giving dowry to his wives. I thought that dowry was referring women`s financial assets given to their husbands upon marriage. Some men seek marriage due to the high dowry women bring. I am glad it is not the case for Sheikh Mo as he has a great earning power :p

What about relationships between Sheiks's wives? Anyone know?

Relationships between wives

In another thread, someone said that the current wives of a sheik must approve the new wife. Is this true? All of the current wives or just the most senior ranked wife? Anybody know for sure?:confused:

no not really sheriBeri :p u think that he will be able to get married that much if he needed his current wives approvel. but uselly she is told that he is going to get married. They dont wait for an approvel

This is a thread to discuss Sheikh Mohammed's wives.
It is not the place to debate the subject of 'Islam and Women'.
Off-topic posts have been removed.

Warren
Dubai moderator

sheikha Hind got 4 palaces coz

she have 12 children!!!!! these 4 palaces is not only for her it also for her children

about haya living in a villla iam not sure about this but i heard that
sheikh mohammed is building a palace for her:cool: and i think if haya want 2 share the palace she could!!

I dont think she would share a palace or one of the palaces with Shk Hind, she might use the palace which is been used by her husband only and not sheikha hind.that would be very unfair to shk hind and the children

ZZZ

mmm maybe u r right

but i don't feel it unfair cozz she have 12 children and she married him from along time but haya now maybe 1 year and half just a guess:)

meme said:
but i don't feel it unfair cozz she have 12 children and she married him from along time but haya now maybe 1 year and half just a guess:)
The Sheikh and Princess Haya were married on 10 April 2004 (according to Wikipedia).

sheikha hind and princess haya

HI guys my name is nadi frm indonesia. i was read all ur messages about ur hurt feeling see sheikh mohammed al maktoum marry again with princess haya. i just wanna say i also feel sad when hear it, even im not arabian or dubai girl. sheikha hind is very intelligent women, queen of people hearts and super mother.and im so admired her. so i really sad when hear sheikh mohammed married again and i think its must be make sheikha hind sad.
But guys we also cant hate princess haya if she marry with sheikh mohammed. maybe princess haya of jordan really love the sheikh, and wanna spend of her time in her life with him, EVENTHOUGH its WRONG, BUT SHE JUST HUMAN, same like us. she can do mistakes anytime, anywhere, but theres one thing she and we cant denied, WE CANT CHOOSE TO WHOM WE FALL IN LOVE. and i think its fault if we talk bad to princes haya. coz she also have rights to get the one he love.
so my suggest is let we become an audience who just watching and pls dont say bad to princess haya or sheikh mohammed. and for sheikha hind, MY BEST PRAY FOR U, AND FOR ALL UR CHILDREN. MAY ALLAH GIVE U POWER AND STRENGH.

HI nadiana u are absolutly right

we can't hate princess haya she is only a human LIKE US:)

i agree with u nadiana:)

Are there any photos of Sheika Hind? How many wives does he have?
I've heard stories about the Saudi Royals, but know nothing of Dubai.
Any links or info. will be appreciated.:)

Does anyone have any photos of Sheikh Mohammed's wives?

I want to know how many wives has sheikh mohammad at the moment?
I heard about the moroccan lady _ the mother of sheikh Majid_. Is she stil his wife?

And can I please ask the people from the middle eastern region, why Mr. Mohammed and Mrs. Haya marrying in a dynastic and polygamous fashion so controversial if this is what happens there quite regularly? Or am I misreading something?

ch.ea.kymonkey said:
And can I please ask the people from the middle eastern region, why Mr. Mohammed and Mrs. Haya marrying in a dynastic and polygamous fashion so controversial if this is what happens there quite regularly? Or am I misreading something?

I think that UAE citizens are not unhappy with the fact that Sheikh Mo has several wives (that is really nothing new and in their eyes he has the right to) but that he married a woman who being a foreigner was not content with a secondary role like others before but plays a very visible role - somehow in concurrence to their beloved Sheikha Hind (they will never accept a first lady who is not from the UAE).
The Jordanian royal family on the other hand wants to be seen as very "modern", as promoting and enhancing the role of women. The great grandfather of the actual king and Haya was the last Hashemite to live in a polygamous marriage. Therefore everybody was surprised that a woman of this family accepted to become a second (or forth) wife.

ch.ea.kymonkey said:
I've always had the impression (both from my travels and Arab friends) that polygamy is quite uncommon. It generally only happens amongst the very rich or the very poor.

I don't think there is anything regular or common about polygamy. It is not a legal practice is most of the world. In the US, it is practiced by a minority (as Veram pointed out) but usually it is done by people of the Mormon faith who belong to communities where it's allowed, or tolerated, if not officially legal.
There might also be some Americans or American citizens who are Islam in their faith and practice it, but I can't speak with any real knowledge about it.
As for the middle east, I'm not sure it's as mainstream as the Western media gives the impression it is.

i heard the same thing, little star. i heard that it was frowned upon by most of the people in this region. i got the impression that most felt that it had out lived its usefulness. sheikh mo, sheikh maktoum, and sheikh mansour are the only ones that i can think of off the top of my head who have/had multiple wives. don't know about sheikh khalifa bin zayed.

miss b said:
i heard the same thing, little star. i heard that it was frowned upon by most of the people in this region. i got the impression that most felt that it had out lived its usefulness. sheikh mo, sheikh maktoum, and sheikh mansour are the only ones that i can think of off the top of my head who have/had multiple wives. don't know about sheikh khalifa bin zayed.

As little star says, it makes sense that only the wealthy could practice polygamy. Marriage is an expensive enterprise. To do it multiple times, to take on another person, and on and on, into the household, can become a financial burden if you don't have the income to support it. Imagine an average person trying to support four wives and all the kids that come with each marriage. I don't know much about it but I am like you in that I can't think of anyone else besides the Emirate princes other than Saudi and Moroccan royals.

I do not think that polygamy is a question of money,and being wealthey or very poor,but It's mostely a question of the culture and the social presure,while polygamy is very common in gulf states within wealthy and poor families,as men had presure sometimes from their own society if they keep only one wife...,but it's very rare in Morocco or Lebanon for example.

Veram98 said:
I think that UAE citizens are not unhappy with the fact that Sheikh Mo has several wives (that is really nothing new and in their eyes he has the right to) but that he married a woman who being a foreigner was not content with a secondary role like others before but plays a very visible role - somehow in concurrence to their beloved Sheikha Hind (they will never accept a first lady who is not from the UAE).
Its not the fact that he has several wifes because he does, and he does have a right to have 4 wifes. Im not going into details (staying out of trouble) but Haya does have a reputation in the UAE, so for those reasons she is unliked. Also to mention, the UAE people would rather accept a Local women/lady on Sheikh Mohammeds arm than a foreigner. I think a Local women would represent her country along with Sheikh Mohamemd better than a foreigner would.:)

miss b said:
Sheikh Khalifa does not have a second wife.

The most important in the story is DOES Haya really add something to Dubai?
Some people keep saying that Sheikh Mohamed wanted her to be his public wife,and to give a modern image of Dubai royals,but Is that really true?Dubai is what it is,a very modern place with a very traditional society,where some 80% popualtion are not locals,and the locals prefer their local first wife Sheika Hind,and I belive that Haya won't change anything in that,considered by some the first lady or not.

Salomé said:
The most important in the story is DOES Haya really add something to Dubai?
Some people keep saying that Sheikh Mohamed wanted her to be his public wife,and to give a modern image of Dubai royals,but Is that really true?Dubai is what it is,a very modern place with a very traditional society,where some 80% popualtion are not locals,and the locals prefer their local first wife Sheika Hind,and I belive that Haya won't change anything in that,considered by some the first lady or not.

Haya has not changed anything in dubai nor added anything to it. If sheikh Mohammed wanted to give a modern image about the al maktoum family or dubai, then he should of married a local or someone from his family to obtain that image. I think the public wife, modern image etc is an excuse of their marriage.

Last edited:
dazzling said:
Haya has not changed anything in dubai nor added anything to it. If sheikh Mohammed wanted to give a modern image about the al maktoum family or dubai, then he should of married a local or someone from his family to obtain that image. I think the public wife, modern image etc is an excuse of their marriage.

That's very right,I think that if sheikh made his local wife in the pulblic eye,it would have more impact about what he would want to change in Dubai's traditions,rather than the local wife hidden and the foreigner in the public eye,which increase the fact that he keeps the values of a very closed society.I don't think that this aaditional marriage will change or add something as this doesn't have something to do with modernity.

If the excuse of the first lady who's on the public eye is more modern,as it's a value from the west,and what looks western is more modern,so why he exercices polygamy (yes he has the right but he wasn't obliged),and polygamy doesn't have something to do with the western values and culture,he would have kept a local wife and made her public (although non-public doesn't mean no duties,as far as I know that Hind has her own) would be more intersting and new in Dubai's society.

How about just the fact that he is in love with Haya? Instead of kicking Sheika Hind out of the palace to make room for a younger model, he remains married to her and she still enjoys the position of "first wife" and the respect due her as the mother of his heir. Haya is a beautiful, intelligent woman who shares his equestrian passion and is perhaps his true "soulmate", for lack of a better word. Should he hide Haya away for that? She could have had her pick of men. Obviously there must be deep love there for her to agree to marriage.

Also, what "reputation" does Haya have? What has she done? (Not trying to be smart, I really haven't heard of anything and am curious)

Last edited:
Princess haya is too beautiful for that men!he is not atractive at all!...:alien:
:yuk:

Back
Top Bottom