Sheikh Mohammed's Wives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, if Sheikh Mo was already married before marrying S. Hind, why didn't he make his first/second wives his official wife (with superior position)?

Also any ideas on the relationship between Sh. Hind and Princess Haya? I peronally guess that Sh. Hind is not on friendly terms with her.. They probably ignore each other? Though Sh. Hind sounds like she wouldn't mind.

Please,read post No 236,the question was already discussed on the last page:)

So, if Sheikh Mo was already married before marrying S. Hind, why didn't he make his first/second wives his official wife (with superior position)?

Also any ideas on the relationship between Sh. Hind and Princess Haya? I peronally guess that Sh. Hind is not on friendly terms with her.. They probably ignore each other? Though Sh. Hind sounds like she wouldn't mind.

I recommend you to read Imanmajed's posts numbers 172, 193 and 195. They make you understand, why it is Sheikha Hind who is the official wife. :)

About the relationship between Sheikha Hind and princess Haya I naturally know nothing although there has been some posts that say something about it. Unfortunately I don't remember which thread it was - possibly this same one.

And many thanks to you, Imanmajed, for patiently answering our questions. :flowers:

I recommend you to read Imanmajed's posts numbers 172, 193 and 195. They make you understand, why it is Sheikha Hind who is the official wife. :) And many thanks to you, Imanmajed, for patiently answering our questions. :flowers:

:flowers: You are welcome! :flowers:

These topic show up here often. To the position of Shaikha Hind and her role in the family, few posts were previously posted by me. Therefore small addition to the existing posts. Maybe this makes it easier to understand: Emirati prefer to live in patrilocal compounds. Ideal is to share a large family compound (which is the center of life). In all significant ways Emirati society is a tightly knit and rather closed society that revolves around the extended family. Emiratis usually prefer do not go outside of their extended family and the contacts among family members are closely. Regularly visits and gatherings are mandatory.

In the case of polygamous marriages, if the first official wife is Emirati, she and her children will live in the patrilocal compound of her husband (like Shaikha Hind, who live in the Zabeel palace, the home of her husband Shaikh Mohammed). Additional wives, no matter what nationality, will have seperate houses. There are no hard and fast rules for interaction between the multiples wives and children, but mainly wives avoid interactions if they can help it. The children (siblings and half-siblings) have more contact to another rather than between the different wives. Sometimes children of the different wives see only occasionally at parties or events. What are quality and quantity of the contacts can be very different and dependent on family. Also, the relationship of wives to each other may vary.

I am sure that it is impossible to reproduce the actual relationship of Shaikh Mohammed´s wives here. Because this might just do the ladies themselves. And even in the latter case there may be differences in the views. Consequently, we are able to move more in general with our statements. But I am convinced that Shaikha Hind and Princess Haya can best deal with the existing situation, because for both polygamous marriages are not unfamiliar.

Last edited:
see shiekh Mohammad is interested in Haya's family name , she's a hashimite ( a full arab ) and shiekh mohammad's family has a persian origin or what we call ( bloosh ) Almaktoums are not tribal like most of the gulf ruling families , Alsaud , Alsabah , Alkhalifah are all onizah ( the tribe of onizah ) a very famous arabic tribe

I know this is a few years too late, but isn't Al Maktoum family from Al-Falasi and under the umbrella of Bani Yas, along with Al Nahyan? These are Arab tribes, so how is Al Maktoum balooshi??

I know this is a few years too late, but isn't Al Maktoum family from Al-Falasi and under the umbrella of Bani Yas, along with Al Nahyan? These are Arab tribes, so how is Al Maktoum balooshi??

Check one of these 2 website pages: 1. Sheikh Mohammed's or 2. Fazza3.ae
I remember reading it awhile ago in one of these 2 pages about "the origin of the Al Maktoum Family". I clearly remember that it said the Al maktoums come from the house of Al Falasi. Also, Sheikh Mohammed's mother is a Nahyan. So at the end of the day the Al Maktoums and Nahyans are all related (family).

PS: I apologize for not giving you the correct page as i am running to class.:flowers:

You are right, Joori. The family of al Maktoum are from Al Bu Falasah tribe, which is a powerful arabian subtribe under the umbrella of the Bani Yas tribal association. They are not of balooshi descent. The al Maktoum family look back on many years of active leadership, also before the UAE was founded. The same applies to the family of al Nahyan, which are from the Al Bu Falah tribe, also a part of Bani Yas. Both families are related like LV_GiRL described.

http://sheikhmohammed.co.ae/vgn-ext...toid=17f504ee11a11310VgnVCM1000004d64a8c0RCRD

Last edited:
The term "balooshi" refers to Baloch people and their descendants, who have emigrated to places outside of South-Central Asia — a region stretching from southwestern Pakistan, southern Afghanistan and Southeastern Iran. Their name, "Baluch," is shrouded in controversy. Some say it means "nomad," while others claim that it means "the cock's crest." Some have traced their origins to Nimrod, son of Cush (Noah's grandson). It was during the Mogul period that their territory became known as Baluchistan. Today the region of Baluchistan is one of the poorest areas of the world. Baloch diaspora is found throughout the Middle East and in other parts of the world.

m15034_ae.png

(map source: World Center © 1999)

The balooshi of the UAE are part of a larger Baluch community of eight million. Their homeland lies in the southern areas of Baluchistan and Sind Provinces in southern Pakistan (solid green area in the map above). They began migrating to the Gulf countries 70 years ago when oil was discovered there (hatched green area in the map above).

Despite the disrupted contact with their homeland, the Baluch in UAE have kept their ethnic and linguistic distinctions. The various balooshi groups speak different languages, each with distinguishing traits. These languages have been classified as Eastern, Western, or Southern balooshi.

In UAE balooshies have been able to find work as unskilled laborers, policemen or fishermen. Other have joined the military. Still others labor in the oil fields and on the farms. The Southern balooshies in the UAE speak and dress much like Arabs, but they live in separate balooshi communities. Although the balooshies are scattered people, they all follow Islam. Most are Sunni Muslims.

Balooshi people, music and language during National Day celebration in 2009:

Balochi songs, Bakshi Baloch,UAE National Day 2009 - YouTube

Last edited:
Hello, it is the first time I deeply go to the Dubai forum, especially because of Princess Haya, which I found a very classy and pretty lady. I went through this special thread, which I found very interesting, unfortunately I do not have the time to carefully read it, so I apologize if some of my questions are already replied, and in no case I want to offense the local culture or religion, which I do not know really.
The marital situation of Sheikh Mohammad is not clear for me, but there is no problem, as far as I can see, it is unclear for other also.
I've noticed that many people were questionning, how Pcs Haya accepted his husband's polygamy, but Pcs Haya is muslim, and this situation is not absolutely strange to her, so why not?
I do not think that money is the only reason, Pcs Haya is by far less rich that the Mahtoubs, but she would not simply "sell" herself to a situation she does not like. Maybe, there is some attraction between them, and also is a kind of "partnership" common goals, common representations in the Occidental world. Maybe with this life, Pcs Haya doe not feel that she is neither the only nor the first wife, because now she is the more apparent. The same with Sheikha Mozah, she is the only one to appear.
On the other side, I discovered that Sh. Mo has been (or still is) married to a beautiful greek lady, Zoe Grigorakos. Being greek myself, I would be glad to read more about their story, how old is she, where they met, etc etc. I read also that their daugher was firstly raised in Greece, named Christiana and then moved to Dubai. Has someone more information about their story?
Is Mrs Grigorakos a real Greek raised in Greece or in Dubai? Because if she is a Greek raised in Greece, it is very astonishing that she has accepted polygamy, more astonished for her than for Pcs Haya. Of cours is she has been raise in an arabic country, she was more used to this culture, matter was not strange to her.
And a last question, about the Sheikha Hint and the other wifes. Why we don't have any pictures? They never appear in public? Or photographers are prohibited?
Thanks

Last edited:
And a last question, about the Sheikha Hint and the other wifes. Why we don't have any pictures? They never appear in public? Or photographers are prohibited? Thanks

This is a very private and cultural matter and every woman has a right to that privacy. Not all people like to be photographed for public and it is up to us to accept their decision. The other wifes may also appear at certain occasions (like weddings), but then only among women in seperated areas.

so when shiekha hind and sh mo child got married was all sh mo wives attending the women only parts of the wedding ?

This is a very private and cultural matter and every woman has a right to that privacy. Not all people like to be photographed for public and it is up to us to accept their decision. The other wifes may also appear at certain occasions (like weddings), but then only among women in seperated areas.

Thanks. So i presume that she does never public acts, because in this case, it is impossible to avoid pics. Pcs Haya is taken in pic insîde Dubai, as she participes in official functions.

Thanks. So i presume that she does never public acts, because in this case, it is impossible to avoid pics.

Some of them do public acts among women in seperate areas (for instance Sheikha Hind), but not mixed with the men. Also it is not allowed to take pictures of them.

Thanks Imanmajed for these precious replies.
Is Zoe G. living in Dubai with her daughter?
I read also that the young Sheikha does not speak well arabic and that she lives in Dubai only the last 4 years. Wasn't she meeting her dad before?

Thanks Imanmajed for these precious replies.Is Zoe G. living in Dubai with her daughter?
I read also that the young Sheikha does not speak well arabic and that she lives in Dubai only the last 4 years. Wasn't she meeting her dad before?

Zoe and Sheikha Mahra intermittently live in Dubai. Shaikha Mahras Arabic skills was poor firstly, but now even much more better. Also in the past she met her dad on a regular basis.

Zoe and Sheikha Mahra intermittently live in Dubai. Shaikha Mahras Arabic skills was poor firstly, but now even much more better. Also in the past she met her dad on a regular basis.

Thanks. The mum is very beautiful, the daughter also,.
Most of the Sh.Mo daughters are pretty, including the Pcs Haya's cutie, for me the sons are less handsome.

No not until 2010 that Mahras's met her father, before that her mother kept her quite from the family. She actually thought that her daughter would be taken from her.

No not until 2010 that Mahras's met her father, before that her mother kept her quite from the family. She actually thought that her daughter would be taken from her.

Does that mean Shaikh Mohammed knew nothing of Shaikha Mahra `s existence for many years?? :ermm: As I know, she had met him from time to time, but not monthly, maybe once per year or less. But if your statement is true, then some would explained ....

Last edited:
Does that mean Shaikh Mohammed knew nothing of Shaikha Mahra `s existence for many years?? :ermm: As I know, she had met him from time to time, but not monthly, maybe once per year or less. But if your statement is true, then some would explained ....

Yes that means that he knew nothing about her before,, if she was known to her family she would have( like all other kids from foreign mothers) been raised in Dubai , when shiekh Mohammed divorced her mother she did not tell him she was pregnant and chose to raise her daughter alone in Greece hence the name Christina ,if he know about her she would not have been named that, and that is why her name was changed to Mahra.
If you also noticed non of her childhood pictures include her father.

if she was known to her family she would have( like all other kids from foreign mothers) been raised in Dubai

How about her mother? Could she have been part of Sheikha Mahra's everyday life had she been raised in Dubai?

If you also noticed non of her childhood pictures include her father.

The thing with the childhood pictures may have been coincidence or precaution. In addition, only we know those images which we got to see.

Yes that means that he knew nothing about her before,, if she was known to her family she would have( like all other kids from foreign mothers) been raised in Dubai , when shiekh Mohammed divorced her mother she did not tell him she was pregnant and chose to raise her daughter alone in Greece hence the name Christina ,if he know about her she would not have been named that, and that is why her name was changed to Mahra.

Your words make a sense to me. From your point of view: What do you think has caused the change in attitude of Shaikha Mahras mother´s later?

Last edited:
How about her mother? Could she have been part of Sheikha Mahra's everyday life had she been raised in Dubai?

Shaikha Mahra spent her childhood and part of her youth in Greece with her mother. Only the last four years she was raised in Dubai. Currently she live abroad again, but comes to Dubai at regular intervals.

Last edited:
I see that sh mo has alot of protection around him when he go places, when sh hind or princess haya go places do they have alot of people with them to ?

I see that sh mo has alot of protection around him when he go places, when sh hind or princess haya go places do they have alot of people with them to ?

All of the Shaikhs and Shaikhas have entourage, some a big one, some a smaller one.

Shaikha Mahra spent her childhood and part of her youth in Greece with her mother. Only the last four years she was raised in Dubai. Currently she live abroad again, but comes to Dubai at regular intervals.

She is supposed to study at the American University of Dubai, so she should stay in Dubai at least 8-9 months per year.
It interesting what changed the mother's mind, because 3 years ago the girl was minor, so Sheikh Mo could easily not let her go. Of course all this is suppositions.
How long did the couple stay married?

Back
Top Bottom