The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Fatisse taleb's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Reims, France
Posts: 65
Well, I agree with you and I always wonder why she married him EVEN if he is wealthy and powerful. However, Sheikh MO despite the fact that he is busy with his responsibilties and multiple wives, he obviosuly shares some of his time with P Haya since she is his public wife and the mother of his daughter, according to people who know his children, they say that he is a great father and do care about all of them
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-28-2010, 01:17 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGurl View Post
4. I laugh everytime I hear people refer to P. Haya as a "western". She is not! Most "westerns" women are savvy business women... P. Haya talks like a mouse! And she tends to look away from people and not at them... Lastly, she smiles more than she gives feedback. I've seen it! I've heard her speak. My opionion based on my facts.

5. I do believe S. Mo travels with his other wives...when his daughter S. Shamsa was hiding in London, the report read there was an attractive, young looking Morrocan women who identified herself as the young Shieka's mother.
When I said P. Haya seemed 'Western', I simply meant that she seemed veyr much like any other foreign Oxford undergraduate who had had most of her education in England - she seemed very much the product of English boarding schools. It makes it seem more of a cultural leap for her to have become a junior wife in a very trad, Gulf marriage.

And, as a woman from western Europe myself, I can assure you that 'western women' are certainly not always 'savvy business women'! They are also as likely to be shy as women from anywhere else!

On your point 5 - I know nothing about Sheikh M's wives other than Sheikha Hind and P. Haya, and I don't know this story at all - why was his daughter 'hiding' in London?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ~ dreamland ~, Mauritius
Posts: 16
@Phillygurl
why did Sheikha Shamsa run away in UK? also i`ve never seen her!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-28-2010, 01:46 PM
faith_g's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LA, United States
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGurl View Post
As a participant of this forum...
i'm jus curious to know where you got your info from?
__________________
Faith_g
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custard View Post
On your point 5 - why was his daughter 'hiding' in London?
Freedom.....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 PM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,966
Hello! I just read here that Sheikh Mohammed has a 3rd wife. I'm really surprised. Who is she? And does she have official duties as a royal wife? Thanks!
__________________
With passion and poetry...
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:42 PM
PhillyGurl's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northeast Region, United States
Posts: 91
Responses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_g View Post
i'm jus curious to know where you got your info from?
In regards to S. Mo daughter living in the UK, I believe her initial intentions were to attend school and return shortly after, but she opted to stay. Police investigate 'kidnap' of sheikh's daughter | UK news | The Guardian Here is an article, not the one I'm thinking of but it should work.

Regarding shy Middle East women; I would say many of them are business savvy. I've heard Ambassor Hasna from Oman speak and she was great! Also, I've heard from a reliable sources that S. Mouza (Qatar) was an excellent speaker.

Faith_g - my info is an occupational harazard. Orginally, when I joined I stated I worked for an architectural firm in New York. Well I do work in NY but for a different agency. I work in public policy in a department we call "modus vivendi". We help finalize contracts were states (countries) disagree. However, recently I made a change to support Middle East policies. In the past I stayed informed with ME cultures considering there were HUGE policy issues. I switched mainly because I am tired of people taking advantage of the middle east, treating middle east representatives (Prez, minister, crown prince..etc) as if they are uneducated. Hopefully, I won't get fired due to my "outgoing personality and vocal voice" LOL

Finally, I am sure there are members who can add additional information to my statements. As well as explain the story from a "local perspective" without the fluff.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: nyc, United States
Posts: 6
I still don't understand the reason for their marriage/relationship-contract? really love?... it is odd since shk, Mo didn't need her money (since there isn't much) or title. she however did BUT it could be love. However we may never know, and this is there business eventually. Even though we all would love to find out lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,425
This thread is for Sheikh Mohammed's wives.
Posts delving into the political history of the establishment of Israel and the treatment of Palestinians etc etc have been deleted.

Warren
Dubai moderator
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ., Finland
Posts: 58
As there has recently been some, should I say, discussion on Sheikha Hind current events thread about the favourite wife thing, I would be very eager to know, how people are so sure it's Sheikha Hind that is Sheikh Mohammed's favourite wife? I have nothing against her but why would any of Sh Mohammed's wives be his "favourite"?
This favourite wife thing occurs here every now and then and it always amazes me how people "know" such a personal thing when it comes to the relationship between Sheikh Mohammed and his wives.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 05-29-2010, 08:51 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,730
Thinking about WHY she had married Sheikh Mohammed I don`t know...I think Sheikh Mohammed thought that he needs a glamourous,good-looking wife that he can present as the softer,more attractive public image of Dubai for the so-called "West"...
Just guessing,but to me Sheikh Mohammed represents more a "father role" than the husband,maybe Haya was looking for someone who was a little bit like her own father? An educated,powerful,experienced man,someone she can look up and who teaches her new things.I think she has developed a lot since she married-like speaking on behalf of the UN, being president of the FEI and doing all kind of other charitable works which i think is very positive!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 05-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 629
i think it is too private to know....i wonder though, if she is the favorite, why did eh marry others, and have children from different women?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 05-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,526
I guess it is a culture I do not understand, may wives, being a favorite, but I think she made a specific decision and why, no one will ever know.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 06-27-2010, 03:24 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huda View Post
SHEIKH MOHAMMED BIN RASHID AL MAKTOUM WITH ENTOURAGE / ASCOT LADIES DAY, BRITAIN - 19 JUN 2003

(I didn't see it before)
Photolibrary: Royalty Free Images, Rights Managed Images & Stock Footage
2003? Isnt that before they got married? I hadnt known they were publicly active

Haya doesnt look any different than she does now, I like that hat.
Thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 06-27-2010, 10:53 PM
PhillyGurl's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northeast Region, United States
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
2003? Isnt that before they got married? I hadnt known they were publicly active
I'm a little confused, is the surprise due to the possibility she could have been dating S. Mo? Many want to believe in the philosophy of marriage then love; however, in this situation it is a known fact that P. Haya moved to Dubai because of S. Mo. P. Haya is known for dating...she use to have her claws in Basil al-Assaud (aka - "The Iron Ruler"). Let's stop being surprised and accept things for what they are...many Muslims do not live the way they are expected too...also, let's not forget no one is perfect! Especially, not the Royal's
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 06-28-2010, 06:38 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGurl View Post
I'm a little confused, is the surprise due to the possibility she could have been dating S. Mo? Many want to believe in the philosophy of marriage then love; however, in this situation it is a known fact that P. Haya moved to Dubai because of S. Mo. P. Haya is known for dating...she use to have her claws in Basil al-Assaud (aka - "The Iron Ruler"). Let's stop being surprised and accept things for what they are...many Muslims do not live the way they are expected too...also, let's not forget no one is perfect! Especially, not the Royal's
I dont know thats pure speculations and im not sure when they start seeing each other but they were never in public until the wedding.
There was one video of an interview and she was with him but that was way back.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 06-28-2010, 08:03 AM
PhillyGurl's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northeast Region, United States
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I dont know thats pure speculations and im not sure when they start seeing each other but they were never in public until the wedding.
There was one video of an interview and she was with him but that was way back.
I am not speculating...just proporting the facts.

1. - P. Haya stated in an article (see attached) that her and S. MO meet in 2002
and fell in love. The article talked about how she almost pulled out of a 2000 race; two years later her path crossed with S. Mo, that would mean 2002 and they married in 2004. Facts only....

2 - P. Haya moved to Dubai around...latter part of 2002 or early 2003. The story is already out, fell in love 2002 (according to her words) and married in 2004, those are facts. What happened during 2002 - 2004 is speculation. we can only speculate, however the facts are leading.

"Haya almost pulled out of the 2000 Sydney Olympics. ‘I said to King Abdullah [King Hussein’s eldest son and successor], “I don’t want to do this any more. I’m going to give up the dream.” And he said, “You can’t,” and he really helped me get back on my feet. In Sydney, I missed my father, but I trusted he was there helping me get over those fences.’Two years later, Haya’s path crossed that of Sheikh Mohammed in Jerez de la Frontera in Spain, when both rode in the World Equestrian Games (he in the endurance event). ‘We had met before but we fell in love in Jerez. It was wonderful to understand someone without the need for words."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 07-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,739
Exclamation

The last several posts have been deleted for being speculative and off-topic.
This thread isn't meant to discuss Queen Rania's views on gulf women, why Haya apparently smiles too much or to gossip about her pre-marital relationships.

Humera
Dubai Forum Moderator
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 07-26-2010, 12:21 PM
sally1234's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sevilla, Spain
Posts: 525
Sheikh Mohammed's Wedding

Some pictures of Sheikh Mohamed wedding celebrations 1979
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 08-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
Sheikh Mohammed's Wedding

Some pictures of Sheikh Mohamed wedding celebrations 1979
Oh, very nice, I have never seen these. Look at the first top two pictures. I wonder if the woman in the white bridal dress and veil walking out to the silver Mercedes is Sheika Hind? If so, these are the only pictures I've ever seen of her.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sheikh Mohammed's Children 5: April 2008-November 2009 Warren Current Events Archive 547 11-25-2009 11:50 AM
Sheikh Mohammed's Children 2: June 2006-February 2007 Warren Current Events Archive 347 03-05-2007 03:56 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]