The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

King Hussien of Jordan wasn't a polygamist though.
King Abdul Aziz, he couldn't have had 17 wives at once could he? That's way over the limit.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:04 AM
Commoner

MAYBE i was seen sheikha hind pictures in some sites if i not mistaken. sheikha hind and sheikh mo was toghether in some place for horse racing. the picture show the women besides sheikh mo are soooo pretty and have blonde dark hair with unique hat ( kind of hat that most women use in royal ascot), but from her face she looks so arabian. and im very-very sure thats not princess haya. do you think thats real pictures of sheikha hind?

Old 12-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiana
MAYBE i was seen sheikha hind pictures in some sites if i not mistaken. sheikha hind and sheikh mo was toghether in some place for horse racing. the picture show the women besides sheikh mo are soooo pretty and have blonde dark hair with unique hat ( kind of hat that most women use in royal ascot), but from her face she looks so arabian. and im very-very sure thats not princess haya. do you think thats real pictures of sheikha hind?
Thats Princess Haya, she attends ascot races with sheikh Mohammed
Old 12-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera
King Abdul Aziz, he couldn't have had 17 wives at once could he? That's way over the limit.
Im not sure if he had 17 wives at once, but if he did, i wouldnt be suprised. Back then, it was normal. He had the money to support them all, provide housing etc so i dont see why its over the limit
Old 12-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

The current king of Swaziland has thirteen wives, some of whom were just teenagers when they married, and his father, the former king of Swaziland, had Seventy wives and approximately Two Hundred and Ten Children. This is a huge scandal because the AIDS epidemic (really, pandemic) that is so prevalent there.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

well I was referring to the limit set in the Quran which is 4.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera
Haha, yeah. Even the wealthiest men are only permitted to have four wives in Islam. Dunno what his excuse was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
The current king of Swaziland has thirteen wives, some of whom were just teenagers when they married, and his father, the former king of Swaziland, had Seventy wives and approximately Two Hundred and Ten Children. This is a huge scandal because the AIDS epidemic (really, pandemic) that is so prevalent there.
Well, to begin with...Swaziland is not a Muslim country...
...are you suggesting that the King of Swaziland took wives who were HIV positive? Because that's the only way that could have made a difference. And, if so, I am shocked, scandalised, and a bunch of other fun things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Im not sure if he had 17 wives at once, but if he did, i wouldnt be suprised. Back then, it was normal. He had the money to support them all, provide housing etc so i dont see why its over the limit
I don't know what you are referring to exactly when you said "back then"...

Islam hasn't changed. It is still very much allowed to have more than one wife at a time. not seventeen, but several (limited to four, as long as they are treated equally and cared for).

It is always funny, given that the U A E has so many western expats, when those people are surprised by the culture shock. Dubai is Dubai, not London or New York. There is a vcery different philosophy on life, that does not include the accumulations of European or American history. The values are different.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy

and even in the Qu'ran it's strict! you have to hold to the rules!
normally, in the Qu'ran, poligamy was originally created to: when a woman's husband died, and she was alone, her brother could marry her to provide for her, nothing else, it was never for "fun"!
Old 06-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Gentry

Now that we have seen a lot of pics of Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya together in several events I would be very curious to know if Sheikh Mohammed attends some events togerher with Sheikha Hind. Does anyone know? And what about with the mother of Majed? Has any of us even seen her?
Old 06-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acupoftea View Post
Now that we have seen a lot of pics of Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya together in several events I would be very curious to know if Sheikh Mohammed attends some events togerher with Sheikha Hind. Does anyone know? And what about with the mother of Majed? Has any of us even seen her?
None of Sheikh Mohammed's wives are public, except for Princess Haya. Hind and the other junior wives are never seen in public with their husband. They only attend women only functions or events with children, where males are not present.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Commoner

sorry where i can find some pictures of sheikha Hind,Hamdans mother?
Old 06-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila_23 View Post
sorry where i can find some pictures of sheikha Hind,Hamdans mother?
There are no pictures of Sheikha Hind. She's not photographed at events or in public, maybe in private, we dont know. The only wife who has been photographed in public is Princess Haya.

Someone answered a very similar question two posts beofre your's.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by banda_windsor View Post

I think, what the Sheikh did is very common among the Arabic ruler. I'm sure that you aware that King Abdul Aziz, the father of the present King of Saudi have 17 wives. King Hussein of Jordan also have more than one wives. So it's not a big deal for me. And i believe that Sheikh Mohammed's other wife is already know the consequence of being married with Arabic Sheikh. Beside, for me, it's better to own view wives than many mistresses.
K Hussein didn't have them all at once, which is probably the point.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

Nice photo of Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya after the Vodaphone Derby:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...6/81484042.jpg
Old 07-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Apologies if this has already been answered but I haven't had the time to look through the thread.

How many wives does Sheikh Mohammed have? I was under impression that there were just two; Haya and Hind. However, reading through the threads on this forum I've seen people making reference to junior wives etc. so was mroe than a little confused about the total number.

TIA.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Apologies if this has already been answered but I haven't had the time to look through the thread.

How many wives does Sheikh Mohammed have? I was under impression that there were just two; Haya and Hind. However, reading through the threads on this forum I've seen people making reference to junior wives etc. so was mroe than a little confused about the total number.

TIA.
There is no total umber to how many wives Sheikh Mohammed has. We know of Sheikha Hind and Princess Haya who is refered to junior wife. Many have said that Sheikh Mohammed is still married to Sheikha Maitha's mother.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Right...so there may be other wives that are not publicly known at all?!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Right...so there may be other wives that are not publicly known at all?!
Exactly. For example, Sheikh Mansours mother is unknown as well as Sheikha Manals also we dont know if he is married to them or divorced and if there are also other children we dont know about. Sheikh Mansour and Sheikh Mayed didnt come out nor where known till a few years back.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Royal Highness

What aret he names of his other wives? S. Hind, P. Haya and whom else?
Old 08-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanel View Post
What aret he names of his other wives? S. Hind, P. Haya and whom else?
Nobody knows their names, they are not in public.

In Gulf countries(Bahrain,Qatar & Uae) people only know their first lady's name.
King Hamad of Bahrain has wives, but only Sheikha Sabeeka is known by people. Sheikh Hamad of Qatar has wives , but only Sheikha Mozah is known by people.In these days they are in public.

For Sheikha Hind ,she is the first lady of Dubai & she is already known by people, but she is not public.
In Gulf countries when Sheikhs married multiple, the other wives (who aren't Sheikha) aren't known by people. When people heard the wedding of Princess Haya & Sheikh Mohammed, they were surprised because ,their wedding was in public & she will be in public. It was out of Dubai culture.(still same)

So, in Gulf culture people can't know her name or anything about her, this is the 1st time that seen in Gulf.