The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
..... her hair was black but she was wearing an abaya..
She has covered her hair with an abaya????? How does it work? I´m kidding. I´m sure (or hope) all know what do you mean with it. Have a blessed juma, sister! And forgive my impertinence, which is meant affectionately.

For all who are new here and may not know what is meant:
Abaya = long black dress of GCC woman = covering the body
Shayla = mostly black and fine headscarf = covering the hair of the women and sometimes also their faces
juma = friday

Do you want to know more about the social and cultural traditions of the UAE and the other Gulf states? Visit the thread here on TRF: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-32797-59.html

Enjoy your weekend!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Nobility

Thank you, lady blue! :) excuse my curiosity, but is Sheikha Hind tall and slim? Also, what's her skin tone (I mean, darker skin tone or lighter one)? One last question, does any of her children (for example, her daughters) look like her a lot besides Hamdan? Sorry for so many questions, but I couldn't help it! I'm such a fan of her.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

Well I saw sheikha Hind too ,, but just I was in same place she was in ! ,,, I meant I'm not know her personally !!

as I see she looks like sheikha Maryam !! ,, Not know if lady blue agree with me about that too ?
And she hasn't ligh skin , like her daughters skin color , no idea what others consider it ,, but IMO tend to dark ,,, she's not short ,, her tall like sheikha sheikha , medium high IMO ,, I meant Max 1.68
But yes she's pretty lady , And she looks youngest than her age !
Old 01-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy

She is not tall I'm much taller than her, she has fair skin, she is more slim than fat but not really slim if it makes sense. I don't really believe any of her daughters do her justice, she is very beautiful !
In another note she is no way 1.68 that's way too tall for her or any of her daughters
Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Gentry

So only Sheikh Hamdan bears some resemblance to his mother's beauty. Is that right, lady blue?
So my curiosity is already quite up. Lady blue, if you could relate Sheikha Hind physically to some famous personalities, who would it be?
Old 01-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Aristocracy

WOW GIRLS! what a MAJOR difference we have here. Both claim they have seen Sheikha Hind yet one says she's fair skin?? (Hard to believe sorry.) The other says Sheikha Hind is medium dark skin color that looks like Maryam. (believable). I have seen Maryam herself say that she is her mother's copy. IMO Maryam and Salama is by far the only sisters that truly look like Sheikh Hamdan. So, Sheikha Hind is probably a combination of these 3 kids. Short or Tall? It's hard to believe that she's tall. (sorry) Sheikha Hind's kids are all short even Sheikh Hamdan. The only son of hers that you can consider it having a good height is Ahmed.

PS: One of you ladies is mistaken Sheikha Hind for another woman.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Aristocracy

Maryam does not look like her mom in my opinion, she is very fair in skin ( white) , short in my opinion (more like Futtaim) and more shubby than slim.

LV salama and Maryam look nothing alike.
The boys are average height ( east standards) with the exception of Ahmed and Maktoum.

I am sure that the lady I've seen is shiekha hind and she is very very fair in skin not like her daughters ( I think the kids take from their father)
Old 01-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
...she is no way 1.68 that's way too tall for her...
I didn't say 1.68 ,, I said Max 1.68 ,, as I saw she's not short ! ,,, I said I saw her once ,, I not know her personally !!! & didn't see her many times , I said what I saw in that once !!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
...LV salama and Maryam look nothing alike...
I NEVER said that Maryam and Salama LOOK ALIKE. I said...Of ALL sisters of Sheikh Hamdan (from His mother's side) Maryam and Salama are the ones that strike a resemblance to Sheikh Hamdan. Btw, at least from the only pic we have seen from Sheikha Hind when she was a girl she had a very dark tanned skin and DID look like Maryam. You probably saw someone else or even a sister of Sheikha Hind and thought it was her.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_GiRL View Post
WOW GIRLS! what a MAJOR difference we have here...
I think, we haven´t differences here. Do you met Sheikha Hind personally? If not, it is impossible to judge anyone of the participants. The exact height of her is difficult to describe. Sometimes long dresses and heels on shoes deceive another height. Also the distance and the lighting conditions (skin color) from the one has seen her play a role. We have to thank the two ladies here, that they are willing to share their personal impressions with us. So be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_GiRL View Post
I NEVER said that Maryam and Salama LOOK ALIKE... Btw, at least from the only pic we have seen from Sheikha Hind when she was a girl she had a very dark tanned skin .......
Calm down GiRL. There is no reason for excitement. And the picture of Sheikha Hind: This is a photo only! An old photo! If I make one of you in low light conditions, then I can photographed a dark veil of shadows on your face. Then others will think you had a darker complexion. Just as well I can illuminate your face with a powerful spotlight and then your face is very bright at the picture. We do not know the external conditions under which the old picture of Sheikha Hind`s youth arose. As I recall, it is also colorless in a kind of yellowish sepia shot. Therefore, we can not be derived the exact skin tone of her from this old picture.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
These pictures were discussed at the beginning of this thread already. The woman is not Sheikha Hind, but only her cousin.
I'm so sorry to say that, but the pictures of sheikha Hind are not available in the web.
Www.facebook.com/Shk.HIND photos of Sheika Hind bint Maktoum bint Juma Al Maktoum this is attached to sheik mo's Facebook.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Www.facebook.com/Shk.HIND photos of Sheika Hind bint Maktoum bint Juma Al Maktoum this is attached to sheik mo's Facebook.
Yes, thats a picture from her youth. And we talked about this old picture here. But no other official pictures are available in public at the moment.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikah deena View Post
I didn't say 1.68 ,, I said Max 1.68 ,, as I saw she's not short ! ,,, I said I saw her once ,, I not know her personally !!! & didn't see her many times , I said what I saw in that once !!
I know you said max 1.68, she was Probably wearing high heels
And I didn't say you know her personality

The picture available of shiekha Hind was takin in the 70s so it's usually darker than pictures now a days, they were blk&white colored many years later so they would not do justice to color.

And if you look back at any of your mothers or grandmothers pictures you will notice that every age or every couple of years she will change and someone else of her daughters will look like her.

I know the lady I saw was shiekha Hind I've seen her more than once. And I know her sisters and sisters in law so I'm not going to make that mistake.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Nobility

Wow, lady blue and sheikah deena, thanks you all so much for your account of Sheikha Hind. My curiousity is finally alleviated.

Yes, I think it's possible that Sheikha Hind has a light skin tone. I didn't have a clue that she's not very tall, until you all remind me of how her children are mostly not very tall. If her daughters really don't do S.H's beauty at all, like what lady blue said, then S. Hind must be a great beauty! :) I also agree with some of views here, that the picture of the young Sheikha does bear the resemblance with her daughter Maryam.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Serene Highness

From what I know of the women of my family: Sheikha Hind has the greatest similarity with her daughter Sheikha Sheikha. But views may differ.

Howsoever: thanks you lady blue and sheikha deena for sharing your impressions with us.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Royal Highness

Yes I agree ,, I saw that too ,, I saw there is some similarity with her daughter sheikha sheikha ,, But my view she looks like Sheikha Maryam more ,, but it's already there is similarity between Maryam & Sheikha IMO ,, but yes indeed it's different views . ,, everyone can see something !!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Serene Highness

Shaikha Hind Bint Maktoum Bin Juma Al Maktoum has donated Dh25 million to the UAE national football team for their achievements.
Shaikha Hind donates Dh25m for UAE heroes | GulfNews.com

Old 01-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Nobility

^ I don't even know she's that rich! The money must be from he husband right?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
No that´s her own money.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
Well First 25 Million Dh equivalent 6.6 Million US $ !

Well Sheikha Hind she’s belong to " AL Maktoum " dynasty Or House of " Al Maktoum " before her married to Sheikh Mohammed ! ,, her full name " HH Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum " ,,, And Al Maktoum dynasty is very Rich family in UAE ,, And Her mother is the daughter of Emir Saeed II of Dubai , making Sheikha Hind the second cousin of her husband through her father and First Cousin through her mother side !!
So she’s already belong to rich family .