Sheikh Mohammed's Children part 8: 20 January 2013 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to
Sheikh Mohammed's Children Part 8

20 January 2013 - 9 December 2014

The previous thread for the period June 2001-January 2013 can be found here.

:uaeflag:

SHEIKH MOHAMMED'S [KNOWN] CHILDREN AND RELATIONSHIPS
(to the best of our knowledge)

Based on information provided by Alabina, Duke of Marmalade, summergirl, Imanmajed and UAE sources, and is updated as information becomes available.
This listing is not definitive and is a worlk in progress. All reliable corrections and additions are welcome.

Sons by Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, Sheikh Mohammed's senior wife since 1979

Rashid 12/11/1981

Hamdan (Fazza'a) 14/11/1982
named Crown Prince of Dubai and Deputy Ruler of Dubai 1 February 2008
Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council
Chairman of the Dubai Sports Council
Chancellor of the Hamdan bin Mohammed e-University (HBMe-U)
engaged Dec 2008 to Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum; reportedly cancelled 2010

Maktoum 24/11/1983
appointed Deputy Ruler of Dubai at the same time his brother was named Crown Prince
First Deputy Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council
Chairman of the Dubai Free Zone Authority for Technology and Information
Chairman of Dubai Media Incorporated

Ahmed (Azzam) 07/02/1987
Chairman of Dubai Events Management and Organisation
Chairman of the Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation
Chairman of the UAE National Olympic Committee 2009

Saeed 03/1988

Daughters by Sheikha Hind

Hessa 11/1980
married Dec 2008 Sheikh Saeed bin Dalmouk bin Juma Al Maktoum:
Sheikha Hind 25/11/2009
Sheikh Rashid 20/5/2012

Latifa 16/6/1989
Honorary Chairman of the Zayed University Alumni Association Board
Vice-Chairman of the Emirates Literature Foundation
Deputy Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Dubai Culture
engaged 2007, married Feb 2009 HH Crown Prince Mohammed bin Hamad Al Sharqi of Fujairah
(b 1986):
Sheikh Hamad 29/12/2009
Sheikha Aisha 2/11/2011
Sheikha Fatima 9/3/2014

Maryam 11/1/1992
Initiator of the Festival of the Horse

Sheikha 20/12/1992
married October 2009 HRH Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa of Bahrain (8/5/1987):
Sheikha Sheema July 2010
Sheikh Mohamed June 2012
Sheikh Hamad June 2012

Futaim (Fatima, "Tammy") 22/7/1994
Salamah 8/1999
Shamma 12/11/2001

Children by HRH Princess Haya (3/5/1974, married 10/4/2004)
President International Federation for Equestrian Sports 2006-2014
Chairperson International Humanitarian City [Dubai]

Aljalila 2/12/2007
Zayed 7/1/2012

Children by his Moroccan wife

Maitha 5/3/1980
(former international karate champion)
Chairwoman of the World Karate Federation Athletes Commission Nov 2010

Shamsa 15/8/1981

Majid 16/10/1987
Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority 2008-2014
President of Dubai International Marine Club
Vice President of Al Wasl Sports Club
married January 2014 Hessa bint Ali Beljafla (21/8/1991)

Mansour 26/6/1989
Vice President of Al Shabab Sport Club

Latifa 1992 or 1993
Maryam DOB unknown

Daughter by the Lebanese lady

Manal (eldest child) 12/11/1977
President of Dubai Women Establishment (DWE)
married 2/5/2005 Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi (b 1970):
Sheikha Fatima 9/6/2006
Sheikh Mohammed 4/12/2007
Sheikh Hamdan 21/6/2011

Sheikha Latifa 23/1/2014

Daughter by Zoe Grigorakos (wife?)

Mahra (previously Christina) 26/2/1994

Mother unknown

Marwan 20/3/1981?
(likely to be the eldest son, mother possibly a German woman)
married and has children

23 

Last edited:
Maryam 11/1/1992
Sheikha 20/12/1992

??? Both girls were born in the same year by Sheikha Hind ??

I'm sure, you know that pregnancy lasts up to 9/10 months or 40 weeks mathematically. That's true in this case. The distance between of the two births is more than 11 month. Sheikha Hind quickly became pregnant again after the birth of Sheikha Maryam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes dear ,, take a look on the dates it’s possible !! ,,, Sheikha Maryam born in January & sheikha sheikha in December ,, that meant sheikha hind became pregnant again in March ! And between Jan & march it possible to become pregnant again ,, it’s just need 40 days after pregancy not possible ,, but then sure possible ! ,, And from march to Dec 9 months and that pregnancy period !! :flowers: so it’s possible . Maybe you surprised because it’s not a common thing ! agree .

Ah okay thanks for the answers, guys! Silly me :lol: Must be strange for both girls to be born in the same year!

Certainly exhausting too...Sheikha Futtaim has won an Endurance Championship on December 28th 2012! Her victory was not so well-publicised so I only found out today-Congratulations to her and everyone else who participated in the ride:)

Mohammed bin Rashid attends Ladies Endurance Challenge - Emirates 24/7

The headline is a bit misleading-it should rather be "Sheikha Futtaim rides to victory for a second time (watched by her father)".

What is this 40 days thing? Not 39 not 41?

What is this 40 days thing? Not 39 not 41?

After a delivery it takes up to 40 days until the bleeding are over and the woman's uterus has receded to its normal size. Only then a new pregnancy is possible. Sometimes this period it may be slightly shorter or longer.

In the UAE, this time is seen as a special time of tranquility of the woman who gave birth to a child. She will be specially spoiled by all family members at this time and has only one purpose: to relax and recharge.

Last edited:
Hello all, I am new. I have been reading as a guest for a while and there is one sibling who really stands out for all the rumors going on about him. Sheikh Rashid, the eldest who would be a natural choice as the next ruler of Dubai. He seems to have a strong personality, natural leader type and all. But people here speculate that something went wrong. Can someone who knows really confirm what happened? People avoid this issue. I read quite a few posts asking too. Can we put it to rest?

Someone posted in an "article" that he killed an assistant. Which seems really extreme. Other rumors say he was in rehab for drugs. Others say he refused to marry a cousin like the rest of the royals and has an American girlfriend. What really happened? Why is the eldest son considered the black sheep of the family?

:welcome:
Nobody really knows what has happened to Sheikh Rashid or why he isn't in the public much. Everything so far can be called false news until a confirmation (which is unlikely) to be made by the family. Sheikh Rashid has been seen from time to time at events.

First: Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your posts here.
To your questions: The issue of succession in rule is not automatically determined by the time of birth, but depends on the personal qualities and skills of a Sheikh in the UAE.

In the past 10 years there was several things which have spoken against an appointment of Sheikh Rashid as CP and showed his inappropriate character evidently. Also a lot of rumors are circulating about Sheikh Rashid. The truth is hidden surely somewhere in between. We can discuss here only by assumption. We will not be able to find the truth definitely. There is no public statement from the al Maktoum family for that issue which provides a clear explanation. That such a statement still takes place in the future is unlikely.

Last edited:
...Can we put it to rest? ...What really happened?
The subject of Rashid's fall from grace has been discussed extensively in earlier 'Sheikh Mohammed's Children' threads. The more factual and detailed reasons won't be that hard to find. The short version is Rashid's dishonesty: he entered into a contract to do with horses, he subsequently refused to pay what he legally owed, then lied to his father when questioned about the matter, with the end result being severe embarrassment to Sheikh Mohammed and the family when the aggrieved party sought legal redress, thereby placing the issue - which reflected poorly on Rashid's character - in the public record.

How did the family announce the births in the past? (I know little Zayed's birth was announced via twitter, but that must not be the cases of the Sheikh's elder children right?). Did they even announce it?

How did the family announce the births in the past? (I know little Zayed's birth was announced via twitter, but that must not be the cases of the Sheikh's elder children right?). Did they even announce it?

In the past they haven´t announced a birth publicly, like they do it now. With the advent of modern communication facilities the announcement of a birth to a larger public became fashionable. Before 2006 Sheikh Mohammed wasn´t the ruler of Dubai. He took this position over after the death of his brother Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid, who was previously the ruler of Dubai. Only Sheikh Zayed and Sheikha Al Jalila were born after he took office.

Last edited:
Hi, I was watching a video on youtube on shiekh mohammed site and saw Rashid holding a little girl. It was in December 2012 after an endurance race Hamdan won. Hamdan hugged his father and Rashid. Then he moved so Rashid could hug his father. Rashid looked past his father as if he didn't want to be bothered then left. Something isn't right with that relationship. Nevertheless, I was glad to see Rashid looking good and well.
Who was the little girl he was holding? Shiekh Mohammed kissed her. Is that Rashid's daughter? She was about 2yrs old.

Last edited:
^ perhaps u could post the video link here? I don't know Rashid has children btw!

Without video or picture it is very hard to answer your question. However, I am sure that the little one is not Sheikh Rashid's daughter. However, the relationsship between Sheikh Rashid and his father isn´t the best, that's no secret. But it's better than it was 2-3 years ago.

It is possible that the images / videos / or what you have seen showed Sheikha Aisha (daughter of Sheikha Latifa), Sheikha Sheema (daughter of Sheikha Sheikha), Sheikha Hind (daughter of Sheikha Hessa) or Sheikha Mouza (daughter of Sheikh Marwan) . As I said, the correct answer is only possible if you have a specific picture.

Mashallah, externally Sheikh Saeed bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum has resemblance to Sheikh Rashid bMbR with a touch of Sheikh Maktoum bMbR to. And Sheikh Ahmed bMbR is a mixture of Sheikh Hamdan bMbR and Sheikh Maktoum bMbR now. Interestingly.

Sheikh Majid opens Dubai International Jewellery Week 2012 | ALTA Arabia - The Middle East's Luxury Intelligence Site

A "new" old picture from the International Jewellery Week 2012 with a great picture of Sheikh Majid :uaeflag:
He´s got such a charming smile:)

And a video where he visits a health care-related event October 2012(Dubai Health Care):HH Sheikh Majid visits the DHA stand | Learn the Secrets of Good Health & Fitness
There were a lot of people,must have been a though job to listen to all of them carefully.He seems a little bit exhausted to me.

And here´s a fairly new picture from January 2013:Scot golfer Gallacher crowned OMEGA Dubai Desert Classic 2013 Champion | ALTA Arabia - The Middle East's Luxury Intelligence Site

I´ve noticed that he often wears a long kerkusha (the dangling string flowing from the neck),and I´ve read that the length of the kerkusha bears a certain meaning-so what could we read out of Sheikh Majids style-Could you enlighten us,Imanmajed?

Last edited:
First: Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your posts here.
To your questions: The issue of succession in rule is not automatically determined by the time of birth, but depends on the personal qualities and skills of a Sheikh in the UAE.

In the past 10 years there was several things which have spoken against an appointment of Sheikh Rashid as CP and showed his inappropriate character evidently. Also a lot of rumors are circulating about Sheikh Rashid. The truth is hidden surely somewhere in between. We can discuss here only by assumption. We will not be able to find the truth definitely. There is no public statement from the al Maktoum family for that issue which provides a clear explanation. That such a statement still takes place in the future is unlikely.

Thank you for the welcome. Your answer was so diplomatic and free of bias. I asked because I am a political buff and after observing the leadership in the area, Sheikh Rashid really stood out. So I wondered why there was so much mystery around him.

Last edited:
A "new" old picture from the International Jewellery Week 2012 with a great picture of Sheikh Majid :uaeflag:
He´s got such a charming smile:)

And a video where he visits a health care-related event October 2012(Dubai Health Care):There were a lot of people,must have been a though job to listen to all of them carefully.He seems a little bit exhausted to me.

I´ve noticed that he often wears a long kerkusha (the dangling string flowing from the neck),and I´ve read that the length of the kerkusha bears a certain meaning-so what could we read out of Sheikh Majids style-Could you enlighten us,Imanmajed?

Thank you for sharing the articles, pictures and video with us. I agree with you: Sheikh Majid has a wonderful smile and exceptionally balanced appearance. Admirable, that is beyond question. In addition, he is very intelligent, traditionally and conservatively which has a good influence on his impeccable manners. I admire him.

The video certainly reflects that it is very hard to cope with such public appearances. But he does it with a lot of composure and self-confidence. A tower of strength. That's not easy when you want to give the same attention to all, the whole time under public scrutiny and many photographers make hundreds of pictures (with flash :headache: ) in a minute. This can be very exhausting. But to me he looks more outstanding. Excellent work!

To your last point: It seems that you are a attentive reader of the thread "traditions and cultures of the UAE and the Gulf countries" in the members corner. :flowers: Well, we have discussed the topic of the lenght of the kerkusha one time. In the past - and only in the past - the lenght of the kerkusha showed the degree of love and inner feelings of a man. The longer it was the deeper his feelings.

Today, the length of the kerkusha has no meaning or significance. It is only part of our traditional clothing and indicates that the carrier is an Emirati or a person who has close ties with the Emirates. As I mentioned above, Sheikh Majid is very traditional. Thus we see him often with a khandoura including a "Emirati-length-kerkusha". Thats all and I hope, not to disappoint you with this simple answer. About length of his kerkusha we can not see into his heart. His feelings remain a mystery. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for taking time to answer my question,I´ve read about the kerkusha in an old book my father bought in Abu Dhabi in the 70ies and I wondered if it was still accurate.Here,in Europe traditions and social do´s and don´ts have changed dramatically in the last decades,especially in urban areas.For instance,there was a tradition that married women and unmarried women wear different dresses (they look the same to somebody who is unaware of the details,but they have certain features that indicate the social status of the woman.)
In Hawai they have a similiar custom:Wearing the hibiscus flower on the right or the left side tells you if a woman is already married or not:)

You are welcome! Another name for the kerkusha is tarboosh. It is used frequently in language in the UAE.

In all cultures clothes are used to express themselves, to maintain identity, to present your pride for your own culture and to belong to a particular group. Clothing is a cultural mirror that makes traditions visible and bring current style into life. Therefore, an interesting topic. Thanks for asking this.

al-Bayan : Sheikha Salama & Sheikha Shamma Bint Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum progressing Knights Pink convoy 10,Feb,2013

Sheikha Salama and Sheikha Shamma events on the eighth day of the march Knights Pink convoy - an initiative of Friends of Cancer Patients charity - that roam throughout the UAE to raise awareness of the need for early detection of breast cancer and provide free tests for citizens and residents through mobile clinics for the Pink convoy was chosen Sheikha Salama and Sheikha Shamma to be Ambassadors for the Pink convoy .

2 Pics
سلامة Ùˆ شمه بنت Ù…Ø*مد بن راشد تتقدمان فرسان القافلة الوردية - البيان

Companies and institutions who implemented sustainable transport projects and ideas were honoured on Tuesday by Sheikh Maktoum Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, at the Dubai Awards for Sustainable Transport 2013. The fifth edition of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) award was held under the patronage of Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

DAST award honours contributors to sustainable transport | GulfNews.com

That´s interesting! by the way,as much as I know Sheikh Maktoum is the only one in the family who does not ride horses (am I right?) and he seems to be the most serious working person from Sheikh Mohammed´s children.Do we know anything about his hobbies,does he write poems or hunts with falcons?He can´t be studying and working all day!Everybody should have some "fun" activities to relax and enjoy in order to relieve stress and remain a healthy body&mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom