Sheikh Mohammed's Children part 8: 20 January 2013 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting discussion about Majid. What about the first born, Rashid? What is he like? Isn't it true that a lot is expected of the eldest son? A few years back he was all over and now he has disappeared.

The date of birth are irrelevant on the issue of expectations with respect to the sons of a Sheikh. Only the age makes a very small difference (distinction between child and adult). Usually the same (balanced and excellent behavior, aspiration, diligence, honesty, credibility, accuracy, diplomacy, negotiation skills, eloquence ....) is expected of all the children. But not always all of the children can meet these expectations to the fullest satisfaction when they reach adulthood...... if this happens, then questionable behavior of one of the sons (or daughters) leads to lower expectations and at the same time to lesser presence in public.

Rashid is a passionate sportsman. He loves athletic sports, football and endurance riding.

Last edited:
As the others have said, he is a little reserved and shy. At the same time he is a very attentive listener who quickly realizes the most important thing. He is regarded as very intelligent.

I believe that he is very different in public/ in front of cameras and in private occasions. He did not seem shy or reserved when I saw him, only discrete and respectful but he was talking to people in a normal way. Also he seems to be laughing more when he has no public duty,I guess he is only careful to keep a serious image in the public because he knows that he is being watched and he wants to give a decent impression.

Farah Dibah wrote in her memoirs that her husband always looked overly serious and earnest in public or in official portraits and her oldest son tried to emulate his father and also never smiled in public events and pictures. She asked them to smile a bit from time to time, but they believed it looked more regal and respectable for a man if they do not smile in the camera...

If we look at Sheikh Hamdan it is very different I guess, he is laughing in public and private,he only looks serious and earnest at governmental events. (Sometimes he looks a little bit bored to me when he has to listen to long political speeches, but they are probably very endless, monotonous and repetitive,at least that is what I experience from political speeches....... Some politicians do not even talk freely, they just read what is written on a piece of paper which makes it even more dull :whistling:)

Last edited:
Hi u work with him? he was born in 1987 right? does he has a girlfriend?

Last edited by a moderator:
he was born in 1987 right? does he has a girlfriend?

Right, he was born in 1987. It is unknown if he has a girlfriend or not. The latter is more likely - but ultimately, it is just his private matter.

He did not seem shy or reserved when I saw him, only discrete and respectful but he was talking to people in a normal way.
That's exactly what I had meant with "shyness"......

Also he seems to be laughing more when he has no public duty,I guess he is only careful to keep a serious image in the public because he knows that he is being watched and he wants to give a decent impression.
That´s true!

Last edited:
Guys what is doin sheikh majid in 1:36? for me he seemed to dancing :D

:D Seems to be more an interesting, "moving" explanation ......We have a weakness for special conversations which are supported by hands in Middle East. Our hands always demand a voice.

Last edited:
:D Seems to be more an interesting, "moving" explanation ......We have a weakness for special conversations which are supported by hands in Middle East. Our hands always demand a voice.
i didnt not know, thats interesting:)
but what u mean by "special conversations"? or it is just normal way of talking and expaining?

i didnt not know, thats interesting:)
but what u mean by "special conversations"? or it is just normal way of talking and expaining?

"Special" within the meaning of the hand movements which are also used. But it is just normal talking and explaining.

Last edited:
"Special" within the meaning of the hand movements which are also used. But it is just normal talking and explaining.

thank u for ur replies:) sheikh majid has 2 siblings right? (as siblings i mean from one mom and dad) as i know sheikha maitha and one other sister latifa or m wrong? pls correct me
and the other question:) i think m irritating u with questions:)
as i know his mom is from morocco, is she a princess or just normal lady?

Don´t worry, you don´t irritate me with your questions. You are welcome. :flowers: Sheikh Majid has 5 full siblings: Sheikha Maitha, Sheikha Shamsa, Sheikh Mansour, Sheikha Maryam and Sheikha Latifa. To the latter two sisters of Sheikh Majid: Do not get confused. Sheikha Hind also has two daughters with the same name.

Sheikh Majid´s mother is a morrocan lady without a royal backround. She isn´t a princess.

Last edited by a moderator:

That´s true, Arabs have a weakness for dramatic hand movements!
Usually Sheikh Hamdan is the master of dramatic face expressions and hand movements, sometimes I think people are more excited about his dramatic way of interpreting his poems than the words he writes :D
Recently I have watched a short clip of Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser visiting a school in Gaza and she talked to a little girl and said "Me,Mozah",pointing at herself,later followed by a big movement of her hand that she may have learned in a ballet class;-)
Sheikh Majid´s movements in the Zayed-U-video remind me a little bit like Ancient Egyptic paintings...
Look here-a beautiful lady interpretation of the move on Queen Nefertiti´s tomb: http://www.ilibrarian.net/art/ancient_egyptian_painting_tomb_nefertari_lg.jpg
Or a funny graphic image of Ancient egyptian dance movements:Stock Vector - GraphicRiver Egyptian 3489544 » Dondrup.com

@sun12: Somehow all of the links you posted did not work for me, maybe it is only my computer but you might check if you made a spelling mistake or something...
I can´t say anything about Sheikh Majid´s weight, but as long as he does not get obese I don´t care...if you like "bump-watching" you might be more happy with the "Duchess of Cambridge pregnant" - threads or in the Fashion section where we have a special thread only dedicated to her maternity wear ,which is pretty,by the way :flowers:

Last edited:
Last edited:
ya that pic:) i hv sm photos in my pc but cant upload, ir the size has to be small?

I think, the problem is that you use faulty links. Please note the forum rules for inserting images! For reasons of protection of the image property you should always linking a photo with a copy from the browser-line where the picture can be found on the internet!!!!!! For example: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...684.1073741825.100005857110306&type=1&theater
If the other forum members click on this link in the post, the website displayed with the picture.

Original images you should only insert directly, if you have the rights to the image (pictures taken by you). Then that goes with this button:
insertimage.gif
. You can find it in the edit box, menu above. Copy the link into the box that will open after clicking. Then the image displayed directly in the thread. The size does not matter. Even images with original size can be inserted.

Last edited:
Normally there is no shame to have a mother who has a different origin. This is not unusual in the UAE. However, there are different views in society. Sometimes it is for a child (Shaikhs and Shaikhas constitute an exception) not easy to be only "half-Emirati". This is a large social point of discussion repeatedly.]

Ok thanks,the point with the Al Maktoum children is that none of them show their different origin.That's why I first thaught it wasn't correct for them to show an emotional bond to their other country ( for exemple as I said I have never heard the Moroccan children speaking Darija, or being involved in activities linked with Morocco)

Guys what is doin sheikh majid in 1:36? for me he seemed to dancing :D

Hello Sun12
Hahaha! :ROFLMAO:. Don't get mad but I didn't expect to see that. He isn't dancing at all, simply using hand gesture as many southern peoples through different cultures do. It's a second way of expressing themselves.

Just for you to know , Muslim people are officialy not supposed and allowed to date before marriage .But as every rule, we expect some people to break them. So , don't await one day to see Majid's girlfriend (assuming that he has one) to suddenly appear or show her face to the entire world.

that rule applies to any sheikh or Muslim Ruler in the world.

Ok thanks,the point with the Al Maktoum children is that none of them show their different origin.That's why I first thaught it wasn't correct for them to show an emotional bond to their other country ( for exemple as I said I have never heard the Moroccan children speaking Darija, or being involved in activities linked with Morocco)

The Al Maktoum children (and other Sheikhs and Sheikhas) from mixed marriages do not show an obvious affiliation to the second culture because of them absolute loyalty to the UAE and an unequivocal Emirati identity are expected by the Emirati society. The only way to avoid a discussion about cultural values and norms, tribal bonds, agnate kinship system ​​and survival of national traditions. There is a tribal code that binds you to your father´s origin and supports you in life. We call it asabiyaa. Therefore, there is a stronger commitment towards these things within the paternal family. It does not imply a review of different cultures, but only expresses the attitude that the legacy of paternal ancestors should be preserved.

Last edited:
I understand that the children from mixed marriages do not show their suppurt for another country openly in public,but do we know if any of them speaks the language of their mother? Like Darija or French? I believe that Sheikha Mahra (formerly also called Christina) speaks Greek in addition to Arabic and English,because she spends a lot of time in her "motherland" and she seems to be accepting both cultures without difficulties.She seems to be very adaptive and polyglot-I like that she has found a good way to be loyal to both sides of her parents origin and nationality.

Yes, you're right, he has gained a bit of weight. But it isn´t too much. Small note, your link posted by you will not open. Maybe you meant this picture: Sheikh Majid at DWC

If a woman gains a bit of weight or gets full cheeks everyone would speculate about a pregnancy,it is so funny how everyone wants to be the first to notice and announce it! In the fashion treads you often have discussions if she just wears an unflattering dress or if a little baby bump is about to grow :ROFLMAO:

I think Sheikh Majid looks normal,please don´t put him on a diet :p
He looks better now,with a beard and a strong figure he does looks more mature and fit IMO.
Guess we do not have to worry about any of the Al Maktoum boys,they are sometimes slimmer sometimes a little bit chubby,like everyone else!

I understand that the children from mixed marriages do not show their suppurt for another country openly in public,but do we know if any of them speaks the language of their mother? Like Darija or French?

Good question! :flowers: In addition all speak English as well. It would be a benefit in any case, if they also mastered the languages of their foreign (non-arabian) mothers.

I believe that Sheikha Mahra (formerly also called Christina) speaks Greek in addition to Arabic and English,because she spends a lot of time in her "motherland" and she seems to be accepting both cultures without difficulties.She seems to be very adaptive and polyglot-I like that she has found a good way to be loyal to both sides of her parents origin and nationality.

Thats true! She has spent more time in Greece than in UAE. This is a possible explanation. Also for many years (in her childhood) it was unknown in public that she exists at all. Now the expectations are much higher on her. In the past she has sometimes been criticized for her poor Arabic language skills. Whether this situation has changed in the meantime, I do not know. Most of her public statements are in English. I remember that someone here on TRF wrote that she was back in Greece now. I can neither confirm nor deny. I have no official information about it.

Last edited:
I understand that the children from mixed marriages do not show their suppurt for another country openly in public,but do we know if any of them speaks the language of their mother? Like Darija or French? I believe that Sheikha Mahra (formerly also called Christina) speaks Greek in addition to Arabic and English,because she spends a lot of time in her "motherland" and she seems to be accepting both cultures without difficulties.She seems to be very adaptive and polyglot-I like that she has found a good way to be loyal to both sides of her parents origin and nationality.

All the kids come from Arab mothers except in Mahras's case, so I would say they all speak Arabic with no forin accent , the two girls from the Lebanese wife were raised by their aunt, the others are with their mom but speake Arabic with her, they were not influenced by her accent as the go to school in UAE and interact with many people from UAE , in Mahras's case she was raised by her mom is Greece ( without the knowledge of her father, but when she grew up and came back to UAE she started learning Arabic ) her Arabic is poor but improving and her English is better that her arabic

Hi everyone,i really wanna ask smth. why sheikh Mohammad and sheikh Hamdan not putting their hands as the others do in 1:23? first i saw the same thing in photo, while they were praying, and their hands were not as same as the others?
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLPMwVWLuEE

It depends on the math.hab they follow, some put their hands and some just put them on their sides , if you noticed also shiekh Mohammed bin Zayed does the same

It depends on the math.hab they follow, some put their hands and some just put them on their sides , if you noticed also shiekh Mohammed bin Zayed does the same

i saw the same situation on photo while they were praying (maybe in juma praying) but the praying has to be the same right? i know sunni and shiite or this kinda things, where people pray different. Is sheikh Mohammed and Sheikh Majid, all their family are sunni?

i saw the same situation on photo while they were praying (maybe in juma praying) but the praying has to be the same right? i know sunni and shiite or this kinda things, where people pray different. Is sheikh Mohammed and Sheikh Majid, all their family are sunni?

Yes they are Sunni , but Sunni people have four paths ( math habs) , some of them yesarbil ( means you put your hands on your sides) and some put their hands on their hearts. This does not affect the prayer nor does change the fact that they are Sunnis .

All the kids come from Arab mothers except in Mahras's case, so I would say they all speak Arabic with no forin accent , the two girls from the Lebanese wife were raised by their aunt, the others are with their mom but speake Arabic with her, they were not influenced by her accent as the go to school in UAE and interact with many people from UAE , in Mahras's case she was raised by her mom is Greece ( without the knowledge of her father, but when she grew up and came back to UAE she started learning Arabic ) her Arabic is poor but improving and her English is better that her arabic

I know that I am picky, but I guess I do not have to explain to you that the Arabic spoken in Egypt/Gulf countries/Levantine region/Tunisian etc. are quite different. It does make a difference if you are born in Dubai or in Marrakesh! For instance,many people who live in Morocco like to use French phrases & words that they mix with Arabic (or Darija) and in other regions they might have influences from other (colonial) countries as well...
I am a little bit surprised that I have to tell you that, maybe I give you another example by showing differences in language by 2 food items:In Germany-German they say "Möhre" when we say "Karotte" or they say G:"Quark" when we say "Topfen" in Austrian-German! There are also extremely different dialects in the different regions of both countries-so it might be that people have the same passport but do not understand each other when they talk :p
Sheikha Mahra had the disadvantage in comparison to her siblings that she has been raised in Greece and therefore it is probably more difficult for her to learn Arabic now,because it is easier to learn a language when you are are very young.She also had to learn a completely different alphabet-so she knows three different alphabets by now (Greek,Latin/European,Arabic) :flowers:

Last edited:
I know that I am picky, but I guess I do not have to explain to you that the Arabic spoken in Egypt/Gulf countries/Levantine region/Tunisian etc. are quite different. It does make a difference if you are born in Dubai or in Marrakesh! For instance,many people who live in Morocco like to use French phrases & words that they mix with Arabic (or Darija) and in other regions they might have influences from other (colonial) countries as well...
I am a little bit surprised that I have to tell you that, maybe I give you another example by showing differences in language by 2 food items:In Germany-German they say "Möhre" when we say "Karotte" or they say G:"Quark" when we say "Topfen" in Austrian-German! There are also extremely different dialects in the different regions of both countries-so it might be that people have the same passport but do not understand each other when they talk :p
Sheikha Mahra had the disadvantage in comparison to her siblings that she has been raised in Greece and therefore it is probably more difficult for her to learn Arabic now,because it is easier to learn a language when you are are very young.She also had to learn a completely different alphabet-so she knows three different alphabets by now (Greek,Latin/European,Arabic) :flowers:

I know that the Arabic language varies from one region to another , in Saudi we have the same, people from Riyadh speak a different pronunciation than people from Jeddah , what I ment to say all shiekh Mohammed's kids were raised in UAE by his sisters and wives so their accents are more influenced by UAE than other areas ( their mothers countries)

Yes they are Sunni , but Sunni people have four paths ( math habs) , some of them yesarbil ( means you put your hands on your sides) and some put their hands on their hearts. This does not affect the prayer nor does change the fact that they are Sunnis .

As lady blue already stated correctly, it depends on the particular school of Islamic jurisprudence (madhhab), which a Muslim follows. The different schools of Islamic jurisprudence (Madhhahib) didn´t exist during the lifetime of the prophet (pbuhﷺ), but today they are represent the different ways of Islamic practice for the faithful. The Sunni Muslims have four schools of Islamic jurisprudence which are recognized: Hanafi, Hanbali, Maliki and Shafii. The majority of Sunni Muslims associates with one of the madhhahib, others also represent the practice that it is not necessary to assign to one of them only.

It is not seen uniformly whether the prophet Muhammed (pbuhﷺ) put his right hand over the left hand before chest or not while of prayer. The Maliki madhhab expressed the view that the hands should not be placed one above the other during prayers, but only are placed sideways. The ruling families of Al Nahyan and Al Maktoum are Sunni and adhere to the Maliki school of Islamic jurisprudence. And that is the reason why their prayer pose is different from those of the other worshipers in the video or the image you mentioned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom