Sheikh Mohammed's Children part 8: 20 January 2013 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Maktoum does ride horses but not like sh.Hamdan he also goes on falcon hunting trips wih his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn´t know that because I haven´t seen a picture or read about it,thanks for your information lady blue! It would be a little bit strange if he didn´t ride horses when his father is one of the best-known thoroughbred-horse owners in the world.But I can understand that he doesn´t want to compete in championships,because it is very exhausting and training-intensive.

Sheikh Maktoum has won some championships in local equestrian events. He rides with the same enthusiasm as other family members. News - Horse Talk UAE

Furthermore, he is interested in football and modern technology. He has a lot of overall management capabilities: Currently he is the Deputy Ruler of Dubai (since 2008) and Chairman of Dubai Media Incorporated. Sheikh Maktoum is also the Chairman of Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority (TECOM Investments). He accompanied his father and President HH Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan to several Gulf, Arab and international political and economic conferences.

He graduated from the American University in Dubai with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration in 2005 and attended diverse training courses in the Dubai School of Government, as well as Harvard University in US. Sheikh Maktoum is open minded and has also contributed to humanitarian causes. Along with his siblings (especially with Sheikh Majid, Sheikh Hamdan, Sheikha Manal and Sheikha Maitha), where he was a representative diplomat on behalf of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and played a major role during the Dubai Cares philanthropic campaign, which aims at educating more than a million children in the developing and poor countries.
Dubai Cares
Dubai Cares celebrates 5th anniversary - Khaleej Times
HH Sheikh Maktoum asks private sector to contribute to 'Dubai Cares' campaign | Dubai Cares | AMEinfo.com

I knew he has studied a lot and works hard,but not that he´s also competing in equestrianism.I just follow the UAE sports via Kaleeji and theNational,but didn´t read anything about him there.
IMO he has the best formal education from Sheikh Mohammed´s children,he can be proud of his acchivements.I can´t really see him playing football,he always looks so serious and earnest but well,I was wrong with my other assumptions too:)

IMO he has the best formal education from Sheikh Mohammed´s children,he can be proud of his acchivements.

Right, he has studied a lot and I agree with you that he is the most serious of Sheikh Mohammed's children. But he isn´t the only one with a good education.

Sheikh Majid graduated from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in 2006 and received his Masters degree on Security Crisis Management from the Dubai Police Academy in 2009.

Sheikh Hamdan studied at Dubai School of Government before he continued his studies in the UK where he graduated from Sandhurst in 2002 and later attended the London School of Economics.

Sheikh Rashid attended Sandhurst Military Academy in the United Kingdom and graduated in 2007.

Sheikh Mansour graduated from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in 2008.

Sheikh Marwan has studied towards business and finance. What exactly, I do not know.

Sheikha Manal graduated to a Bachelor's degree in Interior Design and a Master's in Marketing of the American University of Dubai.

Sheikh Ahmed is still studying or have studied business and finance in the banking sector. But I´m not sure in his case.

Some of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid´s younger children are still at school or be at university.

Last edited:
Sheikh Maktoum studied at Harvard University, US? How reliable is your source? I personally never heard that any of Sh. Mohammed's kids studied at Harvard University. I do know that Sh. Maktoum graduated from AUD.
By the way, i don't think Sh. Hamdan got to actually finish his studies at London School of Economics. Don't know exactly why though..Maybe it was too hard for him.

Sheikh Maktoum attended several training courses at Harvard University. I think, I had written this in my post before. Right? He wasn´t for several years in U.S. to be completed a study.

By the way, i don't think Sh. Hamdan got to actually finish his studies at London School of Economics. Don't know exactly why though..Maybe it was too hard for him.
First: Read my posts better. I have not written that he graduated or finished from London School of Economics. I wrote, that he attended the London School of Economics. He attended courses there, but did not graduate (same principle as in the case of Sheikh Maktoum at the Univerity in the U.S.). I think, there is an difference between the meaning of the english words of "graduated" and "attended". Is that correct?

Second: May I ask, why you feel that way about it? But please keep all strange remarks (hope, you know, what I mean) for yourself! You do not know his reasons for attending the courses, nor can you know if it was particularly difficult or easy for him. Here is an interview with Sheikh Hamdan from the last year. Maybe this article will help you in your considerations: http://vision.ae/en/special_report/articles/a_very_modern_prince

May I ask, why you feel that way about it?

#1: IF you are attending a course AT ANY UNI you are studying THERE. It does not matter if it's 4 years of studying or 2 months of studying. YOU ARE STUDYING THERE. Let us use our logic here.
#2: It's a FACT that Sheikh Hamdan DID NOT finish his studies at London School of Economics. Now, as to WHY he didn't finish it i do not know. Maybe someone in this forum knows why and could enlighten us as to why he did not finish his studies. Especially for a status of Crown Prince; the more you study the better you are off. But perhaps, school is not that important for him. I understand that everyone is different, and they make their own choices as to what they want to pursue in life. As we can see school is an important factor for Sh. Maktoum.
Now, let us not get all touchy feely about the subject. I asked you that question because i have never heard of ANY of Sh. Mohammed's sons studying at Harvard. IF Sh. Maktoum did really attend some courses at Harvard i am 100% sure that the media would have mentioned. Especially because Sh. Maktoum has a very important position in Dubai. As we all know, after Sh. Hamdan's post comes Sh. Maktoum.

PS: "Strange remarks"? Sorry brother, what you talking about? This is a FORUM and any member of the forums has the right to share their ideas regardless if YOU like it or not. PEACE!

Last edited:
#1: IF you are attending a course AT ANY UNI you are studying THERE. It does not matter if it's 4 years of studying or 2 months of studying. YOU ARE STUDYING THERE. Let us use our logic here.

Your logic is missing the final goal, if it is allowed to be noted....
If someone attends a course at University (no matter for how long), then he studied. Okay, I agree. However, it does not mean that he graduated a whole field of study at the end with a Bachlor or Master degree. So it is quite possible to study without having obtained a degree. Thats what I mean with "he attended". Its my logic here and I hope you can follow me.

Last edited:
YUP! Now you make more sense! :flowers:
I totally agree that you can attend a school and for some reason not be able to graduate. I have seen that a lot actually. Thanks for the article, i have read that article before where Sh. Hamdan states that "school is very important". But, the question is.. if so, why didn't he finish his own schooling?! This is something to consider. (Very interesting indeed)

#2: It's a FACT that Sheikh Hamdan DID NOT finish his studies at London School of Economics.
Thats correct!
Now, let us not get all touchy feely about the subject. I asked you that question because i have never heard of ANY of Sh. Mohammed's sons studying at Harvard. IF Sh. Maktoum did really attend some courses at Harvard i am 100% sure that the media would have mentioned. Especially because Sh. Maktoum has a very important position in Dubai.
Actually Sheikh Maktoum has attended some courses at Harvard University. The press does not aways talk about everything. Discretion is asked sometimes. ;)
As we all know, after Sh. Hamdan's post comes Sh. Maktoum.
It is inversely! 1th:Ruler - 2nd: Deputy Ruler - 3rd: Crown Prince

PS: "Strange remarks"? Sorry brother, what you talking about? This is a FORUM and any member of the forums has the right to share their ideas regardless if YOU like it or not. PEACE!
Maybe I mistaken your nick ..... but I mean to get you in connection with statements that are not completely corresponded to the rules of this forum. Of course, anyone can contribute a opinion here in a respectful way. Sorry, if I mistook you for someone else. There are some similar-sounding nicknames on TRF.
...why didn't he finish his own schooling?! This is something to consider. (Very interesting indeed)
Maybe Sheikh Hamdan has finished his own schooling and we don´t know.....Maybe you can also have collected a great deal of knowledge, without possessing a degree. Perhaps Sheikh Hamdan is still working on a thesis - after all, he has a lot schedules for important meetings which we have not. Or maybe we learn throughout our lives constantly and we reached a final degree with our death only .... Many options on many ways ...
Or simply: We do not know Sheikh Hamdans reasons for the postponement of a degree. Really, I doubt that anyone here knows his reasons - except himself. ;)

Yup! I agree completely with you. :flowers:
I think that only Sh. Hamdan and his own family knows the reason why he didn't get his degree. As i also said before, there are many options as to why he didn't go any further in his studies. People change their minds constantly about what and where they want to be in life; i myself have seen this quite frequent. Thanks for letting me know that the Deputy Ruler comes 2nd and Crown Prince 3rd. Very interesting. I assume that Sh. Maktoum must be extremely intelligent. I can totally see him as a Dubai Ruler in the future. :)

Thanks for letting me know that the Deputy Ruler comes 2nd and Crown Prince 3rd. Very interesting. I assume that Sh. Maktoum must be extremely intelligent. I can totally see him as a Dubai Ruler in the future. :)

Allahu alem - only God knows! :flowers:

Well,I have to agree with some points-it is different if you have attended a lecture or you studied four years full time (or studied and worked at the same time)-i have also listened to a course at Yale university but I would find it ridiculous to include it in my CV-even though I have learnt a lot by listening to that course.
Sheikh Maktoum DID finish most of his studies-different than his brother Hamdan (sorry,I like him a lot,but he does not pursue his studies as much as his other hobbies or endurance riding) and other Crown Princes (Norway,Belgium,Spain,Japan,Sweden,UK) do have a better formal education.This does not mean he is less intelligent or able but it IS a difference wheter you have finished a hard and difficult study and EARNED your degree (Sheikh Mohammed from Qatar is quite academic and a role model in this regard) or you attended a few courses/lecture/months.
Going back to endurance:Wouldn´t you laugh out loud if I told you "Yes,I won a championship" and than you find out I only rode my horse for one hour and quit?Bloating up you CV with skills or degrees you haven´t got looks worse to me than not having any, because it gives the impression you are just a pretender.
Graduating from a military academy is in my eyes just as difficult or challenging as an undergraduate degree-in Austria at least it is not easily earned.
Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohammed have earned fine degrees from very prestigious universities and I expect they encourage their children to do the same.

Just for the sake of completeness I believe that Sheikha Maryam and Sheikha Mahra (American University of Dubai (AUD))have also earned university degrees.

Just for the sake of completeness I believe that Sheikha Maryam and Sheikha Mahra (American University of Dubai (AUD))have also earned university degrees.

I think, thats not correct. Sheikha Mahra is only 19 years old and Sheikha Maryam is just been 21 years. I think, if both attend university with hard work - then currently studying but not finished yet.

Last edited:
Oh,I thought so because I have heard Sheikha Maryam delivering a speech at the university which we only do when we have FINISHED our studies!But at least they are doing their best:)

Oh,I thought so because I have heard Sheikha Maryam delivering a speech at the university which we only do when we have FINISHED our studies!But at least they are doing their best:)

;) In her position, she has the opportunity to orate more often in her life than we will do it.

All other European Crown Princes/Princess have earned their degrees in respectfully great/difficult schools. Where they had to work hard in order to earn their degree. It was just in the news the other day, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden is going back to University to educate herself more about global warming and the environment. Since this is an issue that is happening before our own eyes. Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark got his degree from Harvard, US. I don't have time to state all the others but you get the point. It's so important in their position to be well educated and to have a deep knowledge and understanding of what is going on in our world today. I think that just winning endurance cups, showing up in meeting with Dad won't make the cut. (No offense)
There's gotta be a deeper knowledge than that. Sure all these things help, but it doesn't comprise of everything that is needed to be a solid future Ruler. Honestly,it would be a great idea IF Sh. Hamdan took some time off and went back to school to get his degree and further his knowledge abit more. I think it would help him greatly in the present and in the future.
:flowers:

Definitely I agree with you. Nevertheless Sheikh Hamdan can have absorbed a lot of knowledge, even though hitherto he has had no time to achieve a proper degree. Right?

Well,that´s certainly true but I´m sure he will receive more respect by foreign dignitaries IF he had a degree that proofs his knowledge and understanding.If Hamdan applied for a job in Austria he would not even get a minor managing post,let alone be the most important head of state (Dubai in this case) which he will be when his father is gone.
Other crown princes and princesses also had a full workload and managed to graduate with degree or some even did more than one.Most of them also did military training-also the ladies,namely CP Victoria,who is such a remarkable woman in any way & highly educated and CP Mary of Denmark.

I don´t blame anyone for not wanting to study at university,it´s alright if you prefer to be an artist,athlete,businessman,or do charity etc. but if you have an important post with immense responsibility you need a proper education.

Last edited:
I agree with you. A proper education is needed if someone wants to be the a good and wise Ruler of a state today. That would be welcomed as a real signal to the young generation in UAE, to give their best performance and to strive for higher knowledge. But I am sure that Sheikh Hamdan has expanded his knowledge every day. Maybe a university degree will be added in the future.

I think, comparisons with European royalty is difficult because European royal families perceive only a representative role and do not have sole power to govern a state.

Last edited:
Well,in this case he would especially need good education because he has much more responsibility than European monarchs-as you correctly said they are just figureheads but not ruling monarchs.So in a way their most important job is to represent their country,look good&smile,produce an heir,shake a lot of hands &hold speeches and support charitable causes.(Just a simplification,but it sums up the most significant roles of today´s royals in Europe)while on the other hand in UAE the sheikhs do have real power and can implement their vision and ideas for their country.

But hey,I just asked for some information about Sheikh Maktoum´s hobbies & interests and complimented him on his education,I didn´t want to start off a discussion.

Really, it would be a sad thread, if it was not enriched with information and with discussions. Thank you for your engagement! :flowers:

That´s true,I only wish people would not take everything so personal and get too emotional when we are discussing a topic.An informative discourse where everyone can share their opinion and knowledge is good just like hearing differing points of view or concepts of society with an open mind is widening our horizon.It would be boring if we all had the same mind,than we would not need to talk at all.

Of course. Different points of view or concepts of society extend our personal thoughts and open up the horizon. Without a small pinch of emotions the vitality will be missing in a discussion. Emotional feelings characterize and define us as human. If we respecting the opinions of others and respond in an appropriate manner, then all will be fine.

Actually that was her grauation you are here talking about shiekha Maryam the first. But not from AUD she graduated from Zayed's uni in Abu Dhabi
Shiekha Manal graduated as well from college.
And Imanmajed she does not the opportunity to orate more often it was her actuale graduation.
I think you have mistaken her with sh.Marayam 2nd who has not graduated from college.

The person I meant from beginning was Sheikha Maryam, the daughter of Sheikha Hind. So maybe it was a misunderstanding between all of us, because we have not made ​​it clear first which of the two we mean.
Shiekha Manal graduated as well from college.
I wrote, it in my post # 35 before!

But in my list there I had forgotten Sheikha Maryam, the first, daughter of the Maroccan lady and full sibling of Sheikh Majid. Sheikha Maryam, the first, graduated from Zayed's University in Abu Dhabi at 2011. Do you know in which field of science she graduated?
http://www.zu.ac.ae/main/en/news/2011/June/graduation_2011.aspx
http://www.sheikmohammed.com/vgn-ex...210VgnVCM1000004d64a8c0RCRD&vgnextfmt=default
http://www.uni.ae/2011/06/14/zayed-university-10th-graduation-event/?pid=122

So to sum it up (please correct if I am wrong) ladies who graduated or study at uni:

-Sheikha Maryam the first from Zayed's uni in Abu Dhabi -graduated
-Sheikha Manal-graduated

-Sheikha Mahra-still studying at American University of Dubai (AUD)

Correct for Marayam and Manal.
As for Mahra, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom