The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Ruling Family of Dubai

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF View Post
Interesting discussion about Majid. What about the first born, Rashid? What is he like? Isn't it true that a lot is expected of the eldest son? A few years back he was all over and now he has disappeared.
The date of birth are irrelevant on the issue of expectations with respect to the sons of a Sheikh. Only the age makes a very small difference (distinction between child and adult). Usually the same (balanced and excellent behavior, aspiration, diligence, honesty, credibility, accuracy, diplomacy, negotiation skills, eloquence ....) is expected of all the children. But not always all of the children can meet these expectations to the fullest satisfaction when they reach adulthood...... if this happens, then questionable behavior of one of the sons (or daughters) leads to lower expectations and at the same time to lesser presence in public.

Rashid is a passionate sportsman. He loves athletic sports, football and endurance riding.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
As the others have said, he is a little reserved and shy. At the same time he is a very attentive listener who quickly realizes the most important thing. He is regarded as very intelligent.
I believe that he is very different in public/ in front of cameras and in private occasions. He did not seem shy or reserved when I saw him, only discrete and respectful but he was talking to people in a normal way. Also he seems to be laughing more when he has no public duty,I guess he is only careful to keep a serious image in the public because he knows that he is being watched and he wants to give a decent impression.

Farah Dibah wrote in her memoirs that her husband always looked overly serious and earnest in public or in official portraits and her oldest son tried to emulate his father and also never smiled in public events and pictures. She asked them to smile a bit from time to time, but they believed it looked more regal and respectable for a man if they do not smile in the camera...

If we look at Sheikh Hamdan it is very different I guess, he is laughing in public and private,he only looks serious and earnest at governmental events. (Sometimes he looks a little bit bored to me when he has to listen to long political speeches, but they are probably very endless, monotonous and repetitive,at least that is what I experience from political speeches....... Some politicians do not even talk freely, they just read what is written on a piece of paper which makes it even more dull )

. Helen Keller
Old 05-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Commoner

Guys what is doin sheikh majid in 1:36? for me he seemed to dancing
Old 05-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Commoner

Hi u work with him? he was born in 1987 right? does he has a girlfriend?
Old 05-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun12 View Post
he was born in 1987 right? does he has a girlfriend?
Right, he was born in 1987. It is unknown if he has a girlfriend or not. The latter is more likely - but ultimately, it is just his private matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
He did not seem shy or reserved when I saw him, only discrete and respectful but he was talking to people in a normal way.
That's exactly what I had meant with "shyness"......

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Also he seems to be laughing more when he has no public duty,I guess he is only careful to keep a serious image in the public because he knows that he is being watched and he wants to give a decent impression.
Thatīs true!

Old 05-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Seems to be more an interesting, "moving" explanation ......We have a weakness for special conversations which are supported by hands in Middle East. Our hands always demand a voice.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Seems to be more an interesting, "moving" explanation ......We have a weakness for special conversations which are supported by hands in Middle East. Our hands always demand a voice.
i didnt not know, thats interesting:)
but what u mean by "special conversations"? or it is just normal way of talking and expaining?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
i didnt not know, thats interesting:)
but what u mean by "special conversations"? or it is just normal way of talking and expaining?
"Special" within the meaning of the hand movements which are also used. But it is just normal talking and explaining.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Commoner

http://http://statigr.am/viewer.php#...4961_178546404
sweet pic of sheikh majid
but it is not opening here( it was a pic from statigram

http://https://www.facebook.com/phot...type=3&theater

did u notice sheikh majid gained weight? his face became more fuller:)
Old 05-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness

@ sun12: Maybe this thread on TRF is of interest for you also: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f187/the-uae-and-gulf-states-social-and-cultural-traditions-32797-69.html

We look forward to your visit and participation in the discussions.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:
"Special" within the meaning of the hand movements which are also used. But it is just normal talking and explaining.
thank u for ur replies:) sheikh majid has 2 siblings right? (as siblings i mean from one mom and dad) as i know sheikha maitha and one other sister latifa or m wrong? pls correct me
and the other question:) i think m irritating u with questions:)
as i know his mom is from morocco, is she a princess or just normal lady?
Old 05-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

Donīt worry, you donīt irritate me with your questions. You are welcome. Sheikh Majid has 5 full siblings: Sheikha Maitha, Sheikha Shamsa, Sheikh Mansour, Sheikha Maryam and Sheikha Latifa. To the latter two sisters of Sheikh Majid: Do not get confused. Sheikha Hind also has two daughters with the same name.

Sheikh Majidīs mother is a morrocan lady without a royal backround. She isnīt a princess.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Thatīs true, Arabs have a weakness for dramatic hand movements!
Usually Sheikh Hamdan is the master of dramatic face expressions and hand movements, sometimes I think people are more excited about his dramatic way of interpreting his poems than the words he writes
Recently I have watched a short clip of Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser visiting a school in Gaza and she talked to a little girl and said "Me,Mozah",pointing at herself,later followed by a big movement of her hand that she may have learned in a ballet class;-)
Sheikh Majidīs movements in the Zayed-U-video remind me a little bit like Ancient Egyptic paintings...
Look here-a beautiful lady interpretation of the move on Queen Nefertitiīs tomb: http://www.ilibrarian.net/art/ancien...fertari_lg.jpg
Or a funny graphic image of Ancient egyptian dance movements:Stock Vector - GraphicRiver Egyptian 3489544 ŧ Dondrup.com

@sun12: Somehow all of the links you posted did not work for me, maybe it is only my computer but you might check if you made a spelling mistake or something...
I canīt say anything about Sheikh Majidīs weight, but as long as he does not get obese I donīt care...if you like "bump-watching" you might be more happy with the "Duchess of Cambridge pregnant" - threads or in the Fashion section where we have a special thread only dedicated to her maternity wear ,which is pretty,by the way
. Helen Keller
Old 05-23-2013, 07:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
http://https://www.facebook.com/phot...type=3&theater did u notice sheikh majid gained weight? his face became more fuller:)
Yes, you're right, he has gained a bit of weight. But it isnīt too much. Small note, your link posted by you will not open. Maybe you meant this picture: Sheikh Majid at DWC

Old 05-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Yes, you're right, he has gained a bit of weight. But it isnīt too much. Small note, your link posted by you will not open. Maybe you meant this picture: Sheikh Majid at DWC
ya that pic:) i hv sm photos in my pc but cant upload, ir the size has to be small?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
ya that pic:) i hv sm photos in my pc but cant upload, ir the size has to be small?
I think, the problem is that you use faulty links. Please note the forum rules for inserting images! For reasons of protection of the image property you should always linking a photo with a copy from the browser-line where the picture can be found on the internet!!!!!! For example: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
If the other forum members click on this link in the post, the website displayed with the picture.

Original images you should only insert directly, if you have the rights to the image (pictures taken by you). Then that goes with this button: . You can find it in the edit box, menu above. Copy the link into the box that will open after clicking. Then the image displayed directly in the thread. The size does not matter. Even images with original size can be inserted.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Gentry

[QUOTE=Imanmajed;1553532]
Normally there is no shame to have a mother who has a different origin. This is not unusual in the UAE. However, there are different views in society. Sometimes it is for a child (Shaikhs and Shaikhas constitute an exception) not easy to be only "half-Emirati". This is a large social point of discussion repeatedly.]

Ok thanks,the point with the Al Maktoum children is that none of them show their different origin.That's why I first thaught it wasn't correct for them to show an emotional bond to their other country ( for exemple as I said I have never heard the Moroccan children speaking Darija, or being involved in activities linked with Morocco)
Old 05-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Hello Sun12
Hahaha! . Don't get mad but I didn't expect to see that. He isn't dancing at all, simply using hand gesture as many southern peoples through different cultures do. It's a second way of expressing themselves.

Just for you to know , Muslim people are officialy not supposed and allowed to date before marriage .But as every rule, we expect some people to break them. So , don't await one day to see Majid's girlfriend (assuming that he has one) to suddenly appear or show her face to the entire world.

that rule applies to any sheikh or Muslim Ruler in the world.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by berber princess View Post
Ok thanks,the point with the Al Maktoum children is that none of them show their different origin.That's why I first thaught it wasn't correct for them to show an emotional bond to their other country ( for exemple as I said I have never heard the Moroccan children speaking Darija, or being involved in activities linked with Morocco)
The Al Maktoum children (and other Sheikhs and Sheikhas) from mixed marriages do not show an obvious affiliation to the second culture because of them absolute loyalty to the UAE and an unequivocal Emirati identity are expected by the Emirati society. The only way to avoid a discussion about cultural values and norms, tribal bonds, agnate kinship system ​​and survival of national traditions. There is a tribal code that binds you to your fatherīs origin and supports you in life. We call it asabiyaa. Therefore, there is a stronger commitment towards these things within the paternal family. It does not imply a review of different cultures, but only expresses the attitude that the legacy of paternal ancestors should be preserved.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Royal Highness

I understand that the children from mixed marriages do not show their suppurt for another country openly in public,but do we know if any of them speaks the language of their mother? Like Darija or French? I believe that Sheikha Mahra (formerly also called Christina) speaks Greek in addition to Arabic and English,because she spends a lot of time in her "motherland" and she seems to be accepting both cultures without difficulties.She seems to be very adaptive and polyglot-I like that she has found a good way to be loyal to both sides of her parents origin and nationality.

. Helen Keller
Closed Thread

Tags
sheikh mohammed's children, sheikh mohammed's daughters, sheikh mohammed's sons