Sheikh Mohammed's Children part 8: 20 January 2013 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,for our brain to function properly we need carbohydrates too.
And BTW,I enjoy to eat "stupid" and have no health or weight problems,in fact I haven´t been really ill for the past 3 years,so my diet can´t be that "stupid" after all...

I never implied you ate stupid! It is a term used alot .
Also you can eat what you want and enjoy it just like I do and just like he do!
We all eat what we want and enjoy it, I to had no health issue in the past couple of year so we both me and you probably eat smarter than we think :flowers:

Only times to remember: He looks thinner, but not sick! I'm convinced he's healthy and fine. And he also seems to have enough muscles under his Khandoura. No reasons to worry. :flowers:

Last edited:
Only times to remember: He looks thinner, but not sick! I'm convinced he's healthy and fine. And he also seems to have enough muscles under his Khandoura. No reasons to worry. :flowers:

Well,you were the one to start the weight-issue:whistling:
"Does anyone else but me noticed that Sheikh Hamdan seems to have lost weight?" posting #124...

I do not think Sheikh Hamdan looks frail at the moment, but a few yrs ago he looked quite skinny and had very bad skin,but now he looks healthy,only he does not have any extra fat on his body.
I am only saying ppl should eat carbs as well,because there are so many really health-damaging diets out there and many ppl do not know how to eat healthy.
A lot of young girls eat no carbs to slim down and than they fall asleep during school classes,they fail tests and get very unhealthy and troublesome. This desire to look extra-skinny (unless you are skinny naturally) is sometimes very unhealthy and damaging if you do not eat properly and take care of your health.

Last edited:
Well,you were the one to start the weight-issue:whistling:
"Does anyone else but me noticed that Sheikh Hamdan seems to have lost weight?" posting #124...

I remember, but I did not say that he appears to be sick or he is no longer nourished well....

Well,but writing "he lost weight" will only start as many discussions and speculations like writing "she seems to have a baby bump,is she pregnant?" in combination with a young royal lady.You should have known that,people like to take up such comments and discuss it a lot.

The discussion is yours. I only want to share my personal feeling .....It was the finding: Sheikh Hamdan seems to be thinner than before! Thats all! :flowers:

Well,as I said before you must always think about the consequences of your actions and your words,if you say something that might lead to speculations or make people feel unwell,this is your doing.
I am neither responsible for your actions or talk, nor am I accountable for the discussions that YOU start off by making a statement about Sheikh Hamdan´s weight.

Well,as I said before you must always think about the consequences of your actions and your words,if you say something that might lead to speculations or make people feel unwell,this is your doing. I am neither responsible for your actions or talk, nor am I accountable for the discussions that YOU start off by making a statement about Sheikh Hamdan´s weight.

I didn´t claimed that you're responsible or accountable for my actions. I opened the topic and it was / is up for discussion. I hope, its allowed for me to intervene in the running of the "dicussion-started-by-me" and to make a little, modest contribution to more objectivity.

Last edited:
On another note shiekh Hamdan seems to be enjoying a sport/photography trip from Bali ---Vancouver ---Toronto --- New York , wonder where their next stop would be :)

Nice.....beautiful pictures can be expected ..........:flowers:

mahra(christiana) life again in greece and study in greece

info from latifa 1st

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Sheikha Manal. Merited honor.

Last edited:
Info about Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

Hi guys, pls can u tell me about Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum? Coz i really like him and he is very handsome :angel:i cudnt find more information about him here, even google has not that much info, and his website as well. I think in arabic news etc there is more info, but unfortunately i dont speak arabic. Thank u:)

1*Sheikh majid is Sheikh Mohammed and a moroccan Lady's son.
He's the chairman of Dubai culture and arts Authority for five years now if I'm not wrong.
He gratuated from The royal military academy Sandhurt in England.He is around 25 years old.

2* His personality : It was hard for me at the beginnning to understand what kind of person he is,because he is quite introverted
But as far as I know I would say that his major traits are : serious, workaholic,, but also bashful .

For the fact that he is half Emirati , someone here told me it wasn't a problem to the Emirati society (besides, from an external point of view,nothing leads to think he is moroccan too, he speaks khaleeji and not darija,the arabic dialects from Gulfe and North Africa)

I hope it helped you ;-)

thanks berber princess:)
What are his hobbies, interests? i always see him very serious but it suits him:D
Does anyone has a video of him where he speaks in arabic or english? i wanna hear his voice lol

You're welcome dear sun12 and I forgot to say : :welcome:.

Yes he is very serious,but it's nothing compared to his brother Maktoum;) Maktoum NEVER smiles I have seen only one picture of him smiling.that's what make Sheikh Mohammed' children so interesting to understand : they are very different from one to the other.

His hobbies ?horse riding as the majority of al Maktoum children.

But for the rest, as I told you he is bashful so it's hard to answer you.

Maybe if you ask Emiratis here, they could better answer you?

Oh, I really had to laugh about your message because it is so true:cool:
Sheikh Maktoum really does not smile much in public,only at a wedding reception and in a picture where he is holding a little kid from his family I have noticed him slightly smiling-but not a bright,open smile-rather that type of subtle Mona Lisa-smile where you do not really know if he is smiling or just amused.
I guess that comes with being so intellectual and overly interested in work...I would really wish that he finds a way to balance his seriousness with some humour and smile a little bit more...it´s healthy;)

Also, I completely agree with your assessment that every of Sheikh Mohammeds kids is different-they all have a unique personality and different interests & hobbies!

thanks berber princess:)
What are his hobbies, interests? i always see him very serious but it suits him:D Does anyone has a video of him where he speaks in arabic or english? i wanna hear his voice lol

Also from me welcome to the forum, sun12. Shaikh Majid has a very well-mannered personality with a balanced behavior. He has a very traditional setting, but at the same time he is very open-minded. His interests include culture, business and science. He also likes sports. As the others have said, he is a little reserved and shy. At the same time he is a very attentive listener who quickly realizes the most important thing. He is regarded as very intelligent.

Here you can hear his voice at minute 0:58. Unfortunately, the reporter talks a lot in between. Best heard from minute 2:06 to 2:38: Majid Bin Mohammed opens the Dubai Polics Academy Conference 15 March 2009 17 5 MB - YouTube

Last edited:
Thanks:) ya i hv seen this video before, exactly the reporter talks too much, got a bit angry, but its not his fault:)

Also from me welcome to the forum, sun12. Shaikh Majid has a very well-mannered personality with a balanced behavior. He has a very traditional setting, but at the same time he is very open-minded. His interests include culture, business and science. He also likes sports. As the others have said, he is a little reserved and shy. At the same time he is a very attentive listener who quickly realizes the most important thing. He is regarded as very intelligent.

Here you can hear his voice at minute 0:58. Unfortunately, the reporter talks a lot in between. Best heard from minute 2:06 to 2:38:
Do u know personally? from ur reply it sounds like that, . but i dont think that he is shy i think he is only calm is it?

I wanna ask, why sheikh maktoum is not crown prince, he is elder right? or he is not interested in it?

Maktoum is not the oldest he's the third after Rashid then Hamdan. Born 1983 i think :)

With us it is different than in european nobility families. In UAE the Crown Prince isn´t appointed by date of birth. It is also possible that the youngest son or a brother or cousin of the current ruler can be appointed crown prince. At the same time Crown Prince titling does not mean that this person will be the next ruler automatically. The CP may, but need not be the next ruler.

Do u know personally? from ur reply it sounds like that, . but i dont think that he is shy i think he is only calm is it?
The compounds of the Emirati are close to each other as well as those to the ruling families. There is a great loyalty to the ruling families and there are some occasions for personal encounters. Shaikh Majid´s shyness can be interpreted as a sign of an excellent upbringing and balanced personality. He is a very pleasant, soothing person.

Why Sheikh Mohammed's children with a double origin never mention their mom country ?

Is it a shame not to be 100% from the UAE? or is it seen as disloyalty to say they also are Morocacn or Lebanese. because they are not more Emirati or more Lebanese/Moroccan.
They are 50% of each......

Why don't they highlight their different origin ?

No it is not a shame to be part emirate part other origin, but I think in the older kids the wives of shiekh Mohammed were not official wives, but we know wich kid is from wich wife the only thing is the names of the wives is not public. Also they don't carry another passport so they are only Emorate citizens

f5091276057611e2a86422000a1cbab1_7.jpg

Sheikh MAjid playing football, is it from olympics 2008? or which occasion is this?

viewer.php

Sheikh MAjid playing football, is it from olympics 2008? or which occasion is this?

Please post the link to your picture again. It is incomplete and therefore the image is not visible.

Why Sheikh Mohammed's children with a double origin never mention their mom countrPlease post the link to your picture again. It is incomplete and therefore the image is not visible.y ?

Is it a shame not to be 100% from the UAE? or is it seen as disloyalty to say they also are Morocacn or Lebanese. because they are not more Emirati or more Lebanese/Moroccan.
They are 50% of each......

Why don't they highlight their different origin ?

Good questions which can not be answered simply. The sons and daughters of Shaikhs are seen as Emirati, even if their mothers are non-Emirati. The origin of the father and his high social position are more crucial in this case. The origin of the mother plays no special role and is not shown separately in the rule. The closeness and loyalty of the young Shaikh's and Shaikhas for the Emirati culture, life and traditions are expected. This is also shown publicly by the young Shaikhs and Shaikhas from mixed parentage. Everything else would not presented to the public.

Normally there is no shame to have a mother who has a different origin. This is not unusual in the UAE. However, there are different views in society. Sometimes it is for a child (Shaikhs and Shaikhas constitute an exception) not easy to be only "half-Emirati". This is a large social point of discussion repeatedly.

In truth, we have a substantial number of Emiratis who have been born to mixed marriages (Emirati/non-Emirati). Some persons think, that Emiratis from mixed marriages may have "mixed loyalties" and can not be "proud Emirati" who want to work for our country, maintain our traditions and culture or want contribute to UAE society in a positive way and ultimately sacrifice their lifes for UAE. "To be exclusively Emirati" is still important for some persons in our society. Anything that exceeds this point is seen skeptical sometimes.This way of thinking is based on the fear of the loss of our national identity (traditions, culture, language), as we are only a small minority in our own country in comparison to the majority of the population.

Personally I think it would be insulting to question the loyalty of Emiratis who are born to a non-Emirati mother. In addition, of course, there are potential advantages also if one can be a proud Emirati who is supplemented by a "transnational identity". "To be Emirati" does not mean that you have to deny a half in itself if you are from a mixed marriage. You can keep both parts equally as wealth and personal treasure.

Last edited:
Interesting discussion about Majid. What about the first born, Rashid? What is he like? Isn't it true that a lot is expected of the eldest son? A few years back he was all over and now he has disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom