Sheikh Mohammed's Children part 8: 20 January 2013 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it's not a repeated topic but is there any way to know the children of Sheikha Hind's relationship with Sheikha Hind?

I mean has anyone said anything about their mother in articles or interviews, etc?

Hope it's not a repeated topic but is there any way to know the children of Sheikha Hind's relationship with Sheikha Hind?

I mean has anyone said anything about their mother in articles or interviews, etc?

I do not remember a situation where they talked about their mother public except for Sheikh Hamdan´s poem,but Sheikha Hind´s children usually organize something nice for Mother´s day. Sheikh Hamdan also dedicated a section in his biography to praise his mother:
"My mother Sheikha Hind – a true icon of a loving and caring mother – brought me up, as a youngster, surrounded by all her love and affection. She still supports in my adulthood in every possible way. I can never forget my mother’s deep devotion and kindness. I have great respect for her. I consider any society that does not value mothers worthless and dishonorable." (taken from biography | H.H Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum - Fazza)

Apart from that I do not remember that any of the children talked about their mother in public, but I guess it is a cultural thing because it is a patriarchal society (this can be also seen in the name-giving where you only mention the male ancestors). I guess they have a good relationship with Sheikha Hind, but we can only speculate because we do not know them personally and we should respect that they also have a private life;-)

Last edited:
The date of birth are irrelevant on the issue of expectations with respect to the sons of a Sheikh. Only the age makes a very small difference (distinction between child and adult). Usually the same (balanced and excellent behavior, aspiration, diligence, honesty, credibility, accuracy, diplomacy, negotiation skills, eloquence ....) is expected of all the children. But not always all of the children can meet these expectations to the fullest satisfaction when they reach adulthood...... if this happens, then questionable behavior of one of the sons (or daughters) leads to lower expectations and at the same time to lesser presence in public.

Rashid is a passionate sportsman. He loves athletic sports, football and endurance riding.

Thank you Iman. It is good that the same is expected of all the children. Rashid really stands out to me about the crowd frankly because he looks very broody haha.

.....Rashid really stands out to me about the crowd frankly because he looks very broody....

Broody???? Maybe sometimes he seems to be dour, critical and sour-balled. But not everytime. ;)

I do not remember a situation where they talked about their mother public except for Sheikh Hamdan´s poem...
Thank you! I love what Hamdan wrote about his mother, it's very sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's ok to be a Mama's boy.

In fact it is excellent given that in the Gulf most families have nannies and kids see more nannies than mummies. This did not exist three decades ago.

In fact it is excellent given that in the Gulf most families have nannies and kids see more nannies than mummies. This did not exist three decades ago.

If a mother of a Sheikh /Sheikha sometimes entrusts her children to one's safekeeping it doesnt mean she also dedicates the education of their children to a nanny only. The mother of a Sheikh is the one who knows best which leaderskills her children need later.

Last edited:
Wow ! I just realized that only one wife out of 6 is actually emirati.
Sheikh Mohammed married 5 foreigners wives.

It's interesting, All the more so as the UAE society struggles to keep its traditions, customs...............

He He He, the Shaikh obviously has taste and his cosmopolitan appetite paid off! Look at Dubai. Probably the best place on Earth to live and work for many many many. If I could have half his fortune and half the number of wives he has/had, I would not ask for more. He He He
Eid Mubarak to our Muslim members and readers.

Wow ! I just realized that only one wife out of 6 is actually emirati. Sheikh Mohammed married 5 foreigners wives.

It's interesting, All the more so as the UAE society struggles to keep its traditions, customs...............

The keeping of traditions and customs takes place in heart, and can not be accomplished by holding a passport alone. :flowers:

Shaikh obviously has taste and his cosmopolitan appetite paid off! Look at Dubai. Probably the best place on Earth to live and work for many many many. If I could have half his fortune and half the number of wives he has/had, I would not ask for more. Eid Mubarak to our Muslim members and readers.

All it needs are vision, will and commitment. The rest (wives, wealth) is not crucial to achieve your goals. Both can be supportive, but they alone do not create change or development of a society. EID MUBARAK!

All it needs are vision, will and commitment. The rest (wives, wealth) is not crucial to achieve your goals. Both can be supportive, but they alone do not create change or development of a society. EID MUBARAK!

Agree, agree, agree!
Enjoy festive Eid in Dubai. It must be great there!

Wow ! I just realized that only one wife out of 6 is actually emirati.
Sheikh Mohammed married 5 foreigners wives.

I sometimes believe that the ruling family is a little bit more open-minded and Westernised in their lifestyle than the general Emirati people who are usually more conservative and traditional.
Sheikh Mohammed and his sons were receiving a lot of education in Europe (UK) and travel a lot, so it is not surprising that they meet a lot of people from different countries and make friends or get married to women who are not born in the UAE. Nevertheless I am sure a Jordanian/Morrocan/Lebanese or even a Turkish person is probably closer to the Emirati culture than someone who grew up in Europe or USA.
Princess Haya probably has a similar lifestyle in Dubai compared to her native country and does not feel like a foreigner in the UAE. I guess that the German lady and Sheikha Mahra´s mother had more difficulties to adapt to this new culture and get used to a different language,social customs and traditions.

Last edited:
He He He, the Shaikh obviously has taste and his cosmopolitan appetite paid off! Look at Dubai. Probably the best place on Earth to live and work for many many many. If I could have half his fortune and half the number of wives he has/had, I would not ask for more. He He He
Eid Mubarak to our Muslim members and readers.

Oh, I see...;););)

I don't think Sheikh Mohammed is the kind of man resting on its laurels !!

he can't afford to rely on his past achievements !

Anyways, Eid Moubarak to you too brother :)

The keeping of traditions and customs takes place in heart, and can not be accomplished by holding a passport alone. :flowers:

Of course , and it's interesting to notice that. you can't deny it's a bit contradictory since the Governement tried to encourage marriages between countrymen.

It is just my thoughts :)

I sometimes believe that the ruling family is a little bit more open-minded and Westernised in their lifestyle than the general Emirati people who are usually more conservative and traditional.

We share the same opinion on this specific point of view :)

Nevertheless I am sure a Jordanian/Morrocan/Lebanese or even a Turkish person is probably closer to the Emirati culture than someone who grew up in Europe or USA.

Of course they are ! Don't forget they are Arabs too ( except turkish people ) . They have the same unique blood running through their veins.

In fact every single Arab on Earth is directly or indirectly , rooted in the Arabian Peninsula.

So it is fair to say that the current Saudi Arabia is our original homeland :p

In fact every single Arab on Earth is directly or indirectly , rooted in the Arabian Peninsula.

So it is fair to say that the current Saudi Arabia is our original homeland :p

It is more right, to say that Yemen is the original homeland of all Arabs!;)

Of course , and it's interesting to notice that. you can't deny it's a bit contradictory since the Governement tried to encourage marriages between countrymen. It is just my thoughts :)

Try to see it this way: My statement is not contradictory to the lineage of government if you have in mind, that both (heart and passport) can act together in love of traditions and culture of your homeland. Without citizenship it is possible to feel love and passion for a country where you live. Also you can be a passport holder (a local) of the country where you live, but do not feel connected with its traditions, culture and heritage by heart. Which would you think is the most ideal way?

My rankings:
very good: heart and passport
good: heart without passport
bad: passport without heart

The government is striving to achieve the best. But the second best is still better than the third. My point of view was only a bit more modest than that of the government. ;)

It is more right, to say that Yemen is the original homeland of all Arabs!;)

Yes , exactly !! a part of the Yemen we know now.

and I would quote the Arab nationalist Sati el Housri who said :

Is arab, anyone who speaks arabic, seeks to be Arab, and claims to be Arab "

Without citizenship it is possible to feel love and passion for a country where you live. Also you can be a passport holder (a local) of the country where you live, but do not feel connected with its traditions, culture and heritage by heart. Which would you think is the most ideal way?
;)

Then we both agree.

I think that if one doesn't have a deep love of their country and a deep commitment to their community , therefore they can't contribute to socio-economic development of the country and can't integrate too. I reckon they may not look to their future in such a place .

Hello to all. I am a new member of the forum. I'm an Italian girl and I love the Arab culture and I love dubai and the ruling family!
My favorite is Sheikh Rashid! Do you have news about him? Where is he now? thanks
Sorry for my English but I use google translator because I do not know English well!
:)

Hello to all. I am a new member of the forum. I'm an Italian girl and I love the Arab culture and I love dubai and the ruling family!
My favorite is Sheikh Rashid! Do you have news about him? Where is he now? thanks
Sorry for my English but I use google translator because I do not know English well!:)

:welcome:

We are looking forward to your future posts. Unfortunately there are not any news about Sheikh Rashid.

If you are interested about the culture and traditions of the UAE and the Gulf States, you are welcome to participate to this thread in the members corner: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-social-and-cultural-traditions-32797-77.html

The local government of Stresa (Italy) has named the waterfront of the city after Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. A placard explaining the poetic name of Shaikh Hamdan, "Fazza" in Arabic, English and Italian was placed by the local authorities of Stresa in the heart of the waterfront of Lake Maggiore.

In the Arabic-Emirati dialect, "Fazza" means a chivalrous person who rushes to help others and stand by them in times of crisis.

Italian city names waterfront after Fazza, the poetic name of Dubai CP - Khaleej Times

Can anyone tell me why sheikh rashid isn't a crown prince anymore?

Can anyone tell me why sheikh rashid isn't a crown prince anymore?

In UAE the eldest son is not crown prince automatically. Therefore, Sheikh Rashid was never CP of Dubai.

Last edited:
Did sh. Hind or princess haya have a baby boy this month ? It was on twitter that hamdan has I new baby brother

Did sh. Hind or princess haya have a baby boy this month ? It was on twitter that hamdan has I new baby brother

The brother of Sheikha Hind and uncle of CP Sheikh Hamdan, Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum bin Jumaa al Maktoum, become a father of a second boy this month. His first son´s name is also Hamdan, the name of the second boy is Rashid, who is born October, 13th.

BTW::welcome:

Last edited:
Does sheikh rashid bin mohammed have any websites about him ?

What did sh rashid do in the past I read somewhere he was involved in something with horses ? That lead his house to be turn down ?

What did sh rashid do in the past I read somewhere he was involved in something with horses ? That lead his house to be turn down ?

In the past Sheikh Rashid had bought horses and forgot paying. This case resulted in court proceedings. The reason for the demolition of Sheikh Rashid`s house isn´t known and might not been in connection therewith.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom