The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

is CP hamdan engaged ....i heard it would be announced next week?

Old 02-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
is CP hamdan engaged ....i heard it would be announced next week?
That's very interesting. Officially, it hasn't been announced that he is engaged. So where did you get this info?

Old 02-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder why Sheikh Hamdan is hesitating so much to lead a girl to the altar,if he marries the wrong woman he still has three more tries left (irony alert)!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

im sure he sees it quite differently than you, even though you've brought up a good point!
Maybe he just enjoys his single time? Since none (or only few...) of his brothers are married, he's in no hurry to follow
Old 02-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Yes,the Al Maktoum girls seem to be more hurried in their decision to marry.Well,we have to keep in mind that Sheikh Mo has also married Sheikha Hind rather late-he was 30 but he did have other relationships and children before.

I had to look at the first page again but none of Hamdans full brothers is married (at least not officially known) only Ahmed is said to be engaged (Azzam)07/02/1987
It is claimed he is engaged to Sheikha Madiyah Al Maktoum.

It may be that they donīt feel the need to marry so early because they have enough people to cook,clean and do the laundry for them-which the not so wealthy European bachelors donīt have and therefore they donīt see a necessity for taking a wife ;-)

On the other side the ladies would be constantly asked why they are not married,why they donīt have children and no Arab woman wants to be an old maid....
Old 02-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Serene Highness

Let us wait for the next week. I believe that nothing will happen......

Old 02-25-2013, 03:48 PM

Does anyone know anything about a girl named Sheikha Wejdan bint Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum? A Facebook fan page for the Maktoums claims her mother is someone named "Um Majed"? I've only heard her mentioned there and in a random Tumblr post. LOL

Also, why is Sheikh Marwan so hidden? Being the eldest son, you'd think he'd at least be seen or have a somewhat public role like Mo's other sons...? I just find it odd, especially considering Mo seems so proud of all his children and grandchildren. =-/

Thanks all :)
Old 02-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Aristocracy

Sheikha Wejdan bint Mohammed is indeed the daughter of Sheikh Mohammed. She shares the same mother as Sheikh Majid, Sheikh Mansour, Sheikha Maitha..
About Sh. Marwan i have no idea. Sorry!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:06 PM

Thanks so much :) Odd to only see her mentioned in those two places! LOL Hope we get to see/know more about her :)
Old 02-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

Shiekh Marwan as far as I know and the close members of the family know is adopted , he does not carry the family name in formal papers , there is another Marwan that people keep mixing with him (the one who has Moza as a daughter)
You will find that shiekh Mohammed aknowleges all his children no matter who the mother is wich is why Marwan made no sence to me ,I asked and this was the answer I got.
This is what I was told
As for wijdan I don't know as I have not asked about her.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:00 PM

Is he the only child Mo had with this lady? Fascinating that he's adopted; I really didn't expect that, even though he looks nothing like any of the Maktoums. LOL I'd love to see/know more about him. Is he close to Mo and the rest of the family?

I'd love to have your sources - got sooo many things I've always wanted to ask. LOL

Oh, and speaking of black sheep / rarely seen members... I'd really love to see Rashid back in the fold like he used to be. Kind of sucks not seeing him and Hamdan together much... *sad sigh*
Old 02-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageGrace View Post
Also, why is Sheikh Marwan so hidden? Being the eldest son, you'd think he'd at least be seen or have a somewhat public role like Mo's other sons...? I just find it odd, especially considering Mo seems so proud of all his children and grandchildren. =-/

He is not hidden by the family, but has chosen his seclusion from the public. He values ​​his privacy.

Quote:
Is he the only child Mo had with this lady? Fascinating that he's adopted; I really didn't expect that....
As I know, he isnīt adopted, but the only child of Sheikh Mo with a german lady. He is chairman of some companies here and is named Sheikh Marwan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum officially. So it is assumed that he is not adopted. The rumors with the adoption originated, because he has no official appearances with the family and shielded from a wider public.

Sheikh Majid wrote on his officiall homepage, that he is the fifth son of Sheikh Mohammed. http://majidbinmohammed.com/en/biography/
Okay, let's count up: Sheikh Marwan (born 10/1981), Sheikh Rashid (born 11/1981), Sheikh Hamdan (born 11/1982), Sheikh Maktoum (born 11/1983), Sheikh Majid (born 3/1987).

When Marwan would not Sheikh Mohammed's son, then even Sheikh Majid would not fifth, but the fourth son. Right? The acquisition of foreign lineage and naming after it by adoption is not allowed in the UAE and in Islam.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:43 PM

Thanks so much :) I am clueless about adoption laws, or rather, most foreign laws. And esp. those involving Sheikhs, etc. LOL But, regardless, adopted or not, he's still Sheikh Mohammed's son; when it comes down to it, it's the love and care that counts most, not the blood.

The fact Marwan isn't in the "spotlight" by his own choice makes him an ace in my book. Gotta love the shy, quiet ones ;-) LOL

I forgot to say in my previous post but I guess I will now: if there is one thing that I respect most about Sheikh Mohammed, it is the fact that he has so much love and pride in all his children - and isn't afraid of showing it. He's a good man and good men are one in a million these days (or maybe more so in the western world? LOL) so one cannot help but have respect them. I couldn't imagine him ever "hiding" one of his children or forcing them into the background so I thank you for making it clear that it is Marwan's own choice to be "behind the scenes" rather than front and center. It's kind of sad to me that we don't know more about him but I respect and admire him for it :)

Does any of that make sense? LOL
Old 02-25-2013, 11:55 PM

Maybe on Instagram..those Maktoum fans...they seems to know everything.....last time i checked some girls were asking Shaikha Shaikha Bint Seed bin Thani al Maktoum on Instagram about her fiance... and...she delete most on the comments.....and does any one know who "Just Manal"...is she part of sh. Mohammed children.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Serene Highness

Instagram, facebook, twitter, keek, ...... how would be the people living without these "secret messages channels" .........

Old 02-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Sheikh Majid wrote on his officiall homepage, that he is the fifth son of Sheikh Mohammed. Biography Ŧ HH Sheikh Majid Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Okay, let's count up: Sheikh Marwan (born 10/1981), Sheikh Rashid (born 11/1981), Sheikh Hamdan (born 11/1982), Sheikh Maktoum (born 11/1983), Sheikh Majid (born 3/1987).
Shiekh Majid wouldn't be the fifth son if you count Marwan!!!
He is the fifth son , Rashid 1981, Hamdan 1982,Maktoum 1983, Ahmen 1984 so if we add Marwan the Majid would say he was the sixth son not the fifth
Old 02-26-2013, 07:03 AM

Considering how much these people seem to know about the family, it's funny that nobody knows if Hamdan, Rashid, etc., already have children. Or if Mo is grumpy until he gets his first cup of coffee in the morning. Or who is in the running to be Hamdan's prospective first wife (my western prudish/possessive personally is honestly hoping for a refreshing only-one-wife/marriage-for-life for Hamdan & siblings). Or even if one of the Maktoums is afraid of the dark, who has to sleep with a teddy bear, etc... Seriously. I'd laugh myself to death if they DID know the serious and even the most ridiculous of things about them. Who do these people call to get that information?

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." - Mitch Hedberg
Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
Shiekh Majid wouldn't be the fifth son if you count Marwan!!!
He is the fifth son , Rashid 1981, Hamdan 1982,Maktoum 1983, Ahmen 1984 so if we add Marwan the Majid would say he was the sixth son not the fifth
This is all so confusing! It's like when I try to decifer the family tree - so many Latifas, Mohammeds, Mansours, etc., etc. We need to demand they start using some new names... even if it's "Majid-Mohammed bin..." LOL Thankfully Haya named her girl Al-Jalila while Mahra, Marwan and Wijdan are unique from the rest, too. (thumbs up to their Mums! Thanks, darlings! LOL)

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." - Mitch Hedberg
Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Does anyone know anything about a girl named Sheikha Wejdan bint Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum? A Facebook fan page for the Maktoums claims her mother is someone named "Um Majed"? I've only heard her mentioned there and in a random Tumblr post.
Um is a word for "mother of"+name of her oldest son,a honorary title that is sometimes used instead of her name-so letīs say we have Sheikha Hind we could also call her "Um Rashid" or "Um Hamdan" (because for reasons that have been already discussed enough in previous posts,Rashid is not in high esteem).
Do you know the singer Um Kulthum (Kultoum is written in many different ways,but it always means the Egyptian singer) she is perhaps the best-loved singer in the Arab world,her songs are played regularly and can also be found on youtube.You should give it a try;-)
Unfortunately I canīt tell you abot Sheikha Wejdan.
. Helen Keller
Old 02-26-2013, 09:00 AM

I'll definitely check out Um Kulthum :) I have yet to learn Arabic but I figured "Um Majed" was a title or reference. LOL Thanks so much for your help - it's truly appreciated! :)

Tags
sheikh mohammed's children, sheikh mohammed's daughters, sheikh mohammed's sons