Sheikh Mohammed's Children part 8: 20 January 2013 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is CP hamdan engaged ....i heard it would be announced next week?

I wonder why Sheikh Hamdan is hesitating so much to lead a girl to the altar,if he marries the wrong woman he still has three more tries left (irony alert)!

:lol: im sure he sees it quite differently than you, even though you've brought up a good point!
Maybe he just enjoys his single time? Since none (or only few...) of his brothers are married, he's in no hurry to follow ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,the Al Maktoum girls seem to be more hurried in their decision to marry.Well,we have to keep in mind that Sheikh Mo has also married Sheikha Hind rather late-he was 30 but he did have other relationships and children before.

I had to look at the first page again but none of Hamdans full brothers is married (at least not officially known) only Ahmed is said to be engaged (Azzam)07/02/1987
It is claimed he is engaged to Sheikha Madiyah Al Maktoum.

It may be that they don´t feel the need to marry so early because they have enough people to cook,clean and do the laundry for them-which the not so wealthy European bachelors don´t have and therefore they don´t see a necessity for taking a wife ;-)

On the other side the ladies would be constantly asked why they are not married,why they don´t have children and no Arab woman wants to be an old maid....

:lol::lol::lol: Let us wait for the next week. I believe that nothing will happen......

Does anyone know anything about a girl named Sheikha Wejdan bint Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum? A Facebook fan page for the Maktoums claims her mother is someone named "Um Majed"? I've only heard her mentioned there and in a random Tumblr post. LOL

Also, why is Sheikh Marwan so hidden? Being the eldest son, you'd think he'd at least be seen or have a somewhat public role like Mo's other sons...? I just find it odd, especially considering Mo seems so proud of all his children and grandchildren. =-/

Thanks all :)

Sheikha Wejdan bint Mohammed is indeed the daughter of Sheikh Mohammed. She shares the same mother as Sheikh Majid, Sheikh Mansour, Sheikha Maitha..
About Sh. Marwan i have no idea. Sorry!:flowers:

Thanks so much :) Odd to only see her mentioned in those two places! LOL Hope we get to see/know more about her :)

Shiekh Marwan as far as I know and the close members of the family know is adopted , he does not carry the family name in formal papers , there is another Marwan that people keep mixing with him (the one who has Moza as a daughter)
You will find that shiekh Mohammed aknowleges all his children no matter who the mother is wich is why Marwan made no sence to me ,I asked and this was the answer I got.
This is what I was told :flowers:
As for wijdan I don't know as I have not asked about her.

Is he the only child Mo had with this lady? Fascinating that he's adopted; I really didn't expect that, even though he looks nothing like any of the Maktoums. LOL I'd love to see/know more about him. Is he close to Mo and the rest of the family?

I'd love to have your sources - got sooo many things I've always wanted to ask. LOL

Oh, and speaking of black sheep / rarely seen members... I'd really love to see Rashid back in the fold like he used to be. Kind of sucks not seeing him and Hamdan together much... *sad sigh*

Also, why is Sheikh Marwan so hidden? Being the eldest son, you'd think he'd at least be seen or have a somewhat public role like Mo's other sons...? I just find it odd, especially considering Mo seems so proud of all his children and grandchildren. =-/

He is not hidden by the family, but has chosen his seclusion from the public. He values ​​his privacy.

Is he the only child Mo had with this lady? Fascinating that he's adopted; I really didn't expect that....

As I know, he isn´t adopted, but the only child of Sheikh Mo with a german lady. He is chairman of some companies here and is named Sheikh Marwan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum officially. So it is assumed that he is not adopted. The rumors with the adoption originated, because he has no official appearances with the family and shielded from a wider public.

Sheikh Majid wrote on his officiall homepage, that he is the fifth son of Sheikh Mohammed. http://majidbinmohammed.com/en/biography/
Okay, let's count up: Sheikh Marwan (born 10/1981), Sheikh Rashid (born 11/1981), Sheikh Hamdan (born 11/1982), Sheikh Maktoum (born 11/1983), Sheikh Majid (born 3/1987).

When Marwan would not Sheikh Mohammed's son, then even Sheikh Majid would not fifth, but the fourth son. Right? The acquisition of foreign lineage and naming after it by adoption is not allowed in the UAE and in Islam.

Last edited:
Thanks so much :) I am clueless about adoption laws, or rather, most foreign laws. And esp. those involving Sheikhs, etc. LOL But, regardless, adopted or not, he's still Sheikh Mohammed's son; when it comes down to it, it's the love and care that counts most, not the blood.

The fact Marwan isn't in the "spotlight" by his own choice makes him an ace in my book. Gotta love the shy, quiet ones ;-) LOL

I forgot to say in my previous post but I guess I will now: if there is one thing that I respect most about Sheikh Mohammed, it is the fact that he has so much love and pride in all his children - and isn't afraid of showing it. He's a good man and good men are one in a million these days (or maybe more so in the western world? LOL) so one cannot help but have respect them. I couldn't imagine him ever "hiding" one of his children or forcing them into the background so I thank you for making it clear that it is Marwan's own choice to be "behind the scenes" rather than front and center. It's kind of sad to me that we don't know more about him but I respect and admire him for it :)

Does any of that make sense? LOL

Last edited:
Maybe on Instagram..those Maktoum fans...they seems to know everything.....last time i checked some girls were asking Shaikha Shaikha Bint Seed bin Thani al Maktoum on Instagram about her fiance... and...she delete most on the comments.....and does any one know who "Just Manal"...is she part of sh. Mohammed children.

Instagram, facebook, twitter, keek, ...... how would be the people living without these "secret messages channels" .........:whistling:

Sheikh Majid wrote on his officiall homepage, that he is the fifth son of Sheikh Mohammed. Biography « HH Sheikh Majid Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Okay, let's count up: Sheikh Marwan (born 10/1981), Sheikh Rashid (born 11/1981), Sheikh Hamdan (born 11/1982), Sheikh Maktoum (born 11/1983), Sheikh Majid (born 3/1987).
Shiekh Majid wouldn't be the fifth son if you count Marwan!!!
He is the fifth son , Rashid 1981, Hamdan 1982,Maktoum 1983, Ahmen 1984 so if we add Marwan the Majid would say he was the sixth son not the fifth

Considering how much these people seem to know about the family, it's funny that nobody knows if Hamdan, Rashid, etc., already have children. Or if Mo is grumpy until he gets his first cup of coffee in the morning. Or who is in the running to be Hamdan's prospective first wife (my western prudish/possessive personally is honestly hoping for a refreshing only-one-wife/marriage-for-life for Hamdan & siblings). Or even if one of the Maktoums is afraid of the dark, who has to sleep with a teddy bear, etc... :lol: Seriously. I'd laugh myself to death if they DID know the serious and even the most ridiculous of things about them. Who do these people call to get that information? :ROFLMAO:

He is the fifth son , Rashid 1981, Hamdan 1982,Maktoum 1983, Ahmen 1984 so if we add Marwan the Majid would say he was the sixth son not the fifth
This is all so confusing! It's like when I try to decifer the family tree - so many Latifas, Mohammeds, Mansours, etc., etc. We need to demand they start using some new names... even if it's "Majid-Mohammed bin..." LOL Thankfully Haya named her girl Al-Jalila while Mahra, Marwan and Wijdan are unique from the rest, too. (thumbs up to their Mums! Thanks, darlings! LOL)

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about a girl named Sheikha Wejdan bint Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum? A Facebook fan page for the Maktoums claims her mother is someone named "Um Majed"? I've only heard her mentioned there and in a random Tumblr post.

Um is a word for "mother of"+name of her oldest son,a honorary title that is sometimes used instead of her name-so let´s say we have Sheikha Hind we could also call her "Um Rashid" or "Um Hamdan" (because for reasons that have been already discussed enough in previous posts,Rashid is not in high esteem).
Do you know the singer Um Kulthum (Kultoum is written in many different ways,but it always means the Egyptian singer) she is perhaps the best-loved singer in the Arab world,her songs are played regularly and can also be found on youtube.You should give it a try;-)
Unfortunately I can´t tell you abot Sheikha Wejdan.

I'll definitely check out Um Kulthum :) I have yet to learn Arabic but I figured "Um Majed" was a title or reference. LOL Thanks so much for your help - it's truly appreciated! :)

You are right. :flowers: Sheikh Ahmed was born before Sheikh Majid. Sorry, my fault! So, my former post wasn´t an explanation, which brings us further ahead in this matter .... But I think, Sheikh Ahmed was born in February in 1987, seven/eight month before Sheikh Majid and not in 1984. http://www.en.acnolympic.org/acno/fiches/cno.php?id=60&l=en Please, correct me if I´m wrong.

But Sheikh Marwan is refered to the al Maktoum family with this title: http://www.bymnews.com/news/newsDetails.php?id=11392

I almost suspect, we can´t clarify the situation truely. Maybe Marwan is the biological son of Sheikh Mohammed, or maybe he is not and only an adopted child. In the latter case, the name-line of Marwan can not be right.

Last edited:
Ahmed was born Feb 1984 :flowers:

Shiekha Hind is called Um Rashid it is costum to be called by ur first child in this part of the world like shiekh Mohammed being called Abu Rashid
The mother of Majid and Mansour would be called Um Majid
As for Um kalthoum that is not the case as the name umm kalthoum is a female name used as a first name prophet Mohammed's daughter was named um kalthoum.
Also when you are not married there are names associated with other names for example every Ahmed is named Abu shihaab until he has a son with another name also Hamdan is usually Abu Rashid and so one with other names

Thanks for your input,it´s very interesting to learn about the subtetlies of Arabic culture and I hope I can keep some of the information.
As a matter of fact I heard an Egyptian man in Dubai referring to Sheikha Hind as "Um Hamdan" and that´s why I assumed that some people chose to say that,but maybe he is taking Hamdans´name because he believes he is the Crown Prince therefore he must be the oldest son.(That man is more interested in horses than gossip so he may not know much about the extended Al Maktoum family.)

Yes, Um Kaltoum was deeply religious and therefore she carried the name of Prophet Mohammed´s daughter, but the word "Um" is used in the same way as in "Um Majid",the singer Um Kalthoum full name was ʾUmm Kulṯūm Fātima ʾIbrāhīm as-Sayyid al-Baltaǧī.Her father was an imam in a mosque and therefore he chose that special name.

But I don´t understand how Ahmed is turned into Abu shihaab?In Japan they sometimes connect a prefix at the end of the name if they want to say it very polite or if you use O, Go, or san prefix/suffix combination means someone else's; lack of it means it is yours. So there are different rules how to apply the suffix/prefix which sometimes copletely changes the meaning of the word. For instance in Arabic you have Salma BINT Mohammed (daughter of Mohammed) and than you have Khaled BIN Abdullah (son of Abdullah)-to an outstander it is only one letter difference! ... but how is the rule for non-married people?

I believe they are using the correct date for the Olympics,it is probably a reliable source and they will verify the information before they upload it.But even the Olympic commite makes mistakes,like playing the wrong national anthem-which already happened twice...

For instance in Arabic you have Salma BINT Mohammed (daughter of Mohammed) and than you have Khaled BIN Abdullah (son of Abdullah)-to an outstander it is only one letter difference! ... but how is the rule for non-married people?

Name of honor (called: khunja) after the eldest son has nothing to do with marital status. In general, it would be unusual for us, unmarried and at the same time also have a child (out of wedlock). In case of divorce, the name of honor remains. The marital status is, as I said, not connected with the name of the award.

Hello everybody ! This is my first post on TRF even I have been reading your posts for a long time now:)
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but today is sh.Mahra's birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY mademoiselle !
unfortunately no member of her family posted anything or whished her an happy birthday on social networks :/ ( not cool!)
I don't remember where exactly but I have read somewhere on TRFthat Mahra doesn't get on well with her others siblings, so that must confirm this idea
I haven't checked out all their accounts but from the few I went (Maitha, shaikha,Maryam 1st and 2nd) they ignored her :(

that's sad,poor Mahra.

unfortunately no member of her family posted anything or whished her an happy birthday on social networks :/ ( not cool!)
that's sad,poor Mahra.

First: :welcome:
Second: It isn´t cool to wish Happy Birtday to your sisters or brothers via social networks in my view-a form of impersonality. Maybe they congratulated her personally.;) For me it is a better way to show your siblings that they are important to you and you feel love for them through personal congratulation.

Last edited:
@Imanmajed : Of course that's better to wish a happy birthday to a member of your family face to face ,but since al maktoum children often did so for other birthdays , I just meant that they forgot/ignored her ( deliberately or not, we don't know), which is not nice of them :/

Hello! Welcome to TRF berber princess :flowers:
Well, to regards of the Maktoum girls not wishing Sh. Mahra happy birthday via social media one could think many things. YES! The girls do wish happy birthday to their other sisters/ brothers on social media. But i think that when it comes to Sh. Mahra i can not say that "they don't get along well" because i don't know them personally, but one can definetely see that the maktoum girls are not use to Sh. Mahra. Mahra is pretty new in the DUbai scene, she was not born in Dubai, she didn't grow up in Dubai like all the others brothers and sisters did. So, it's kind of hard to just accept a new addition to the family. (Let's be honest here). I say, they are only acquainted but not close friends and that's why you don't see alot of interaction between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom