The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Commoner

I would like to know as much about him as I can. I know I'm probably not going get anything about his private life. But I need enough info I can write a good paper about him for my professor. My friend from Jordan said he owns his own stable and horses?? and he spends time in England??

Thanks. Has he done any recent duties that I could research or find?? Sorry I'm not doing good explaining myself, I'm learning as I go about UAE. Sheikh Majid looks to be a shy, sweet person. I'm interested to learn more about him.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucymae88 View Post
IMy friend from Jordan said he owns his own stable and horses?? and he spends time in England??
Your friend is right in all points!

Quote:
Thanks. Has he done any recent duties that I could research or find??
Shaikh Majid is the Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority. He also enjoys the traditional sports of horse riding and falconry as well as football, swimming and shooting.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Commoner

You wouldn't happen to know the name of his stables would you?? I have searched and searched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Shaikh Majid is the Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority. He also enjoys the traditional sports of horse riding and falconry as well as football, swimming and shooting.
I already know all of this, It was the first information I learned and could find. I have got on youtube and watched has many videos as I could find about his work. I find you never see any replies on Zajel Zu, Dubai Fitness or Championships channels.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I already know all of this, It was the first information I learned and could find. I have got on youtube and watched has many videos as I could find about his work. I find you never see any replies on Zajel Zu, Dubai Fitness or Championships channels.
Then what else do you want to know ? Sorry , I don't see what informations you are exactly searching ...
Old 12-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Commoner

I need enough information about him to write a detailed six page report. I know his date of birth, who his mother is, the schools he went too, his suppose interests and I know he is the Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Art Authority. What I guess I'm looking for is what does he do as the Chairman?? What duties or what's he over basically? I just need a little more information to go with what I have already about Sheikh Majid.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I need enough information about him to write a detailed six page report. ......and I know he is the Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Art Authority. What I guess I'm looking for is what does he do as the Chairman?? What duties or what's he over basically?
The role of a Chairperson is to do work between meetings, external representation of the organisation and work with staff. Chairing a large organisation or an office requires diplomatic and leadership skills of a high level. The Chairperson is responsible for making sure that each meeting is planned effectively, conducted according to the constitution and that all matters are dealt with in an orderly, efficient manner. The Chairperson must ‘lead the team'. This also involves regularily reviewing the committee's performance and identifying and managing the process for renewal of the committee/board through recruitment of new members.

Main duties of the chairperson:

1. To ensure the management committee functions properly
2. To monitor progress towards the timely and effective achievement and implementation of the objectives, policies and strategies set by the board and of other decisions taken by or on behalf of the board
3. To ensure the organisation is managed effectively as a whole
4. To ensure that members of the board understand the views of major key stakeholders
5. To provide support and supervision to the Chief Executive Officer
6. To promote the highest standards of governance
7. To represent the organisation as its figurehead

A Chairman are characterized by promoting the highest standards of integrity, openness and probity. He/she should to ensure that there is a balance of power and authority and no individual has unfettered powers of decision and control.

A bunch of pdf documents which was sent to your PM provides you an overview of the responsibilities of a chairperson. Good luck and success for your written essay.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:04 PM
Commoner

Thanks for all the help :) My paper is done and submitted to my professor, Hopefully he likes it. I've enjoyed learning about Sheikh Majid and his family. I hope to learn more about the UAE and him.

I know I'm kind of late in this discussion, But while I was researching his brother Sheikh Majid. I came across something about Sheikh Hamdan and one of his brother suppose to be addicted to drugs and doing other things. His family was trying to get him clean. Maybe his healthy now is why his so skinny?? You can't believe half what you read on the web so it could have been just gossip.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Gentry

Quote:
I know I'm kind of late in this discussion, But while I was researching his brother Sheikh Majid. I came across something about Sheikh Hamdan and one of his brother suppose to be addicted to drugs and doing other things. His family was trying to get him clean. Maybe his healthy now is why his so skinny?? You can't believe half what you read on the web so it could have been just gossip.
Whether Hamdan has been addicted to drugs or not It is a private matter only . As every human being, he has the right to a minimum of privacy.
You were right to be wary about that information !
one can't stop the spreading of rumours but one can choose to believe them or not.
Sheikh Hamdan is a high-level athlete and competed in many international equestrian championships. It seems therefore difficult , in view of the numerous drug testing , to combine the take of drugs and a strict healthy lifestyle.
And honestly, there are so many rumours about the al maktoum family that a lifetime wouldn't be sufficient to accomplish them all ...
many rumours that have been raised are totally bogus.
None of them are based of fact , they are solely designed to harm and spread confusion and are based on unfounded speculation.
Unless it comes from official source ( especially rumours about marriages) , one can not totally trust what they read on internet.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Commoner

I agree with you that he deserves to have privacy like anyone else, and I know not to believe half of what I read on the web. I have seen many of the rumors and you need only to type there name in for it to pop up that they are married or something. It's difficult getting the smallest basic information about the Al Maktoum family, I thinks it's clear that people will only know what the Al Maktoum family wants you to know or what's officially released to the press. :)
Old 01-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

H.H. Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation, President of the National Olympic Committee honoured the winners of the award who have enriched and contributed to the sports through their innovations and initiatives at the local, Arab and international levels in a ceremony held today at the Dubai World Trade Centre. Shaikha Fatima bint Mubarak was one of the winners.

http://wam.ae/servlet/Satellite?c=Wa...=1135099399973

Old 01-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Commoner

You don't hear much about Sheikh Ahmed like you do the rest of his brothers.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
You don't hear much about Sheikh Ahmed like you do the rest of his brothers.
He is still to young to bear many responsibilities in public...but he is in training, see #340 here in this thread. He is Chairman of Dubai Events Management and Organisation, Chairman of the Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation and Chairman of the UAE National Olympic Committee.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Commoner

I seen the link. Is all the Al Maktoum brothers chairman for there father??
Old 01-10-2014, 03:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I seen the link. Is all the Al Maktoum brothers chairman for there father??
Which link? Not all of the al Maktoum brothers are Chairman. Some are Chairman of organisations or authorities:

Shaikh Hamdan:
Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Dubai
Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council
Chancellor of the Hamdan bin Mohammed e-University
Shaikh Maktoum:
Deputy Ruler of Dubai
First Deputy Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council
Shaikh Ahmed:
Chairman of Dubai Events Management and Organisation
Chairman of the Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation
Chairman of the UAE National Olympic Committee
Shaikh Majid:
Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority

Currently Shaikh Mansoor, Shaikh Saeed, Shaikh Rashid, Shaikh Marwan and Shaikh Zayed () are not Chairman.

But:
Shaikh Mansoor is Vice President of Al Shabab Sport Club in Dubai

Old 01-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Commoner

I seen the link You had posted about Sheikh Ahmed and I seen a little about it on BBC news. I'm surprised Sheikh Majid is just a chairman to one committee.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm surprised Sheikh Majid is just a chairman to one committee.
More the content of the obligations is crucial than the amount of tasks that one has to fulfill. Life is made up not of great duties only...

Old 01-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Commoner

True, I didn't mean for my comment to sound like I was criticizing him. It's just Sheikh Majid seems to be a very intelligence guy and a hard worker, I could see him doing more like his brothers. I know his new to been a Chairman maybe when his comfortable he'll decide to take on more committees or maybe not.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:01 AM
Courtier

I think he's always to be a shy guy in public lol.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mahala View Post
I think he's always to be a shy guy in public lol.
I agree he does seem to be awful shy person.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
...I didn't mean for my comment to sound like I was criticizing him. It's just Sheikh Majid seems to be a very intelligence guy and a hard worker, I could see him doing more like his brothers. I know his new to been a Chairman maybe when his comfortable he'll decide to take on more committees or maybe not.
He use his intelligence and ambitiousness to work hard and do his best to fulfill one duty which is an important part for UAE´s culture, heritage and art. Also there are some obligations like initiatives and humanitarian work which run under his guidance. Further commitments may invisible for public as well. Surely you will see more in the future. Everything has its time ....

Tags
sheikh mohammed's children, sheikh mohammed's daughters, sheikh mohammed's sons