Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Sheikh Mohammed's 4th anniversary to power

Celebrations started in Dubai since yesterday Dec 3, 2010.
Today Dec 4, 2010 Sheikh Mohammed will officially open Burj Dubai which is the tallest building in the world.

On this occassion Sheikha Hind, Sheikh Mohammeds wife said

Quote:
"His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has a big heart that embraces everyone with love, affection and care. His benevolence towards children is remarkable and ... - read more here
Mohammed bin Rashid meets well-wishers
Article ** Picture

Mohammed attends poetry evening
Article ** Picture

Old 01-04-2010, 05:43 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

Celebrations started in Dubai since yesterday Dec 3, 2010.
Today Dec 4, 2010 Sheikh Mohammed will officially open Burj Dubai which is the tallest building in the world.

On this occassion Sheikha Hind, Sheikh Mohammeds wife said

Mohammed bin Rashid meets well-wishers
Article ** Picture

Mohammed attends poetry evening
Article ** Picture
Thanks Dazz, I guess you mean January and not December

Its remarkable to see that as soon as its about Dubai and its people, about Mo as their leader, its Sheikha Hind and not Haya who the media is referring to since for Dubai natives she is the rulers wife that matters, since she is family, not Haya.

I was in Dubai four years ago when the news came that Sheikh Maktoum suddenly died in Australia and still recall the mourning and deep affenction shown by the Dubai people. The Dubai natives were truly devastated since Maktoum was seen as a healthy counterbalance to Mohammeds globalisation plans, he was a very much loved leader, thats for sure.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Dubai to open world's tallest (and incomplete) building just two months after debt crisis | Mail Online

An article about the Burj Dubai.
These celebrations should be wonderful. And yes i guess you mean Jan not Dec.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Strong rumors in the UAE that Hamdan will jump off the Burj today at the opening.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Commoner

first of all,congrats to sh mo for burj dubai!
secondly,there r rumour that the well known SPIDER MAN will jump from burj dubai.
thirdly,dazzling i want to ask whether u got the invitation for burj dubai inauguration?if yes,then can u post the invitation if possible.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjunaid View Post
first of all,congrats to sh mo for burj dubai!
secondly,there r rumour that the well known SPIDER MAN will jump from burj dubai.
thirdly,dazzling i want to ask whether u got the invitation for burj dubai inauguration?if yes,then can u post the invitation if possible.
I wouldnt be suprised if it was spider man. Doesnt look like Hamdan since he is seend by his father side.
All of Sheikh Mohammeds sons even Sheikh Saeed is attendign but no Rashid.
No I didnt get an invitationn Alot of people turned up to watch the opening,more than expected.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Strong rumors in the UAE that Hamdan will jump off the Burj today at the opening.
I wonder what is wrong with people? Why would they even start a rumor like that. Hamdan is a little childish sometimes but not that childish to jump off a building in front of his family... And press. LOL. People make up the stupidest rumors ever! Thanks for sharing Dazzling because I've never heard that before.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Commoner

Sheikh Mohammed opens the Burj Khalifa... There is also a video of the spectacular fireworks show that made me feel like I was in disney land after watching it! haha
Burj Khalifa
Old 01-05-2010, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A handout from Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum's media office shows Sheikh Mohammad (R), the ruler of Dubai, inaugurating the Burj Dubai tower, the tallest skyscraper in the world, during its opening ceremony in Dubai January 4, 2010. Dubai opened the world's tallest structure on Monday, and a statement said it was 828 metres (2,717 ft) high. Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed renamed the tower Burj Khalifa after the president of the United Arab Emirates and the ruler of the neighboring emirate of Abu Dhabi.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Video of Sheikh Mohammed and his entourage leaving after the opening. While the fireworks and all displays were over, Sheikh Mohammed, Crown Princes and Sheikhs went walking through the crowd which was no planned at all. Security had to make way which was very tight and people were trying to shack hand with them.

and here is a video (in Arabic) where Sheikh Mohammed suprises everyone with the change of name

Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Burj Dubai: The new pinnacle of vanity - Telegraph
Why The Burj Khalifa Doesn't Matter - Forbes.com

Its usual these days that football arenas etc are being named after the company that provided the money and this case is no different. Abu Dhabi gave the money therefore its label is "sponsored by Khalifa", only a logic consequence to name it Burj Khalifa.

Its a humiliation for Sheikh Mohammed, big time, but what can he do. Bear it and grin as the world is watching.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I understand why it was renamed, but I still thing it was a nice gesture.
I assume Sheikh Mohammed was not forced into renaming the building.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I understand why it was renamed, but I still thing it was a nice gesture.
I assume Sheikh Mohammed was not forced into renaming the building.
No he was not forced, it was a personal choice.
Lets not all forget that it is normal to name buildings, roads after leaders & rulers in the UAE.

Emiratis hail Mohammad's vision to make Dubai global destination
Article
Old 01-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
No he was not forced, it was a personal choice.
Lets not all forget that it is normal to name buildings, roads after leaders & rulers in the UAE.

Emiratis hail Mohammad's vision to make Dubai global destination
Article

I agree. After all, Sheikh Khalifa is the President of the UAE and it was very nice form Sheikh Mohammed to name the building with this name.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashed Al Maktoum inaugurates Burj Khalifa or Burj Dubai, tallest building in the world with 828 meter height, named after the Emirates president Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on January 4, 2010.
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Old 01-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/01-2010/486People03.pdf
Old 01-14-2010, 06:02 AM
Gentry

Burji khalifa when khalifa dont give money mohammed al maktoum burji al maktoum. And sheikh mohammed al maktoum must khalifa al nahyan question.al nahyan is very good men,when he dont give mohammed he cant open burji khalifa